Thank You, Dylan Ferrandis

aeffertz
9/4/2021 9:01pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2021 4:17pm
American motocross at the highest level is slowly delving into a glamour quest. However, Dylan has given every 450 racer a rude awakening. Humble in victory and humble in defeat, Dylan spoke his mind, was honest, gave props when deserved and actually spoke to the fans and media after a hot moto.

He proved time and time again that you don’t need a good start to win a race. When he lost, he didn’t blame bike setup. On a hot day, he still talked to the camera and crowd for an interview. When the championship was practically wrapped up early, he still goes out and crushes the field rather than coasting it in.

He has been a much needed breath of fresh air for American motocross.
|
kylemenz1
Fantasy
956th
9/4/2021 9:08pm
Agreed. How can he not be a fan favorite!?!
Spudnut
9/4/2021 9:11pm
Just gonna post this one more time Whistling
9/4/2021 9:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2021 9:15pm
aeffertz wrote:
American motocross at the highest level is slowly delving into a glamour quest. However, Dylan has given every 450 racer a rude awakening. Humble in victory...
American motocross at the highest level is slowly delving into a glamour quest. However, Dylan has given every 450 racer a rude awakening. Humble in victory and humble in defeat, Dylan spoke his mind, was honest, gave props when deserved and actually spoke to the fans and media after a hot moto.

He proved time and time again that you don’t need a good start to win a race. When he lost, he didn’t blame bike setup. On a hot day, he still talked to the camera and crowd for an interview. When the championship was practically wrapped up early, he still goes out and crushes the field rather than coasting it in.

Congratulations to Dylan, but stop shitting on American moto. Guys like AC, Sexton, Tomac, et. al. gave their all (and just might be the 2022 champ) but came up short, be it because of injuries, crashes, bad luck, or just being outclassed by Ferrandis, etc. Dylan is the man in 2021 outdoors, but your opinion of American moto is a bit colored.
aeffertz
9/5/2021 6:53am
Congratulations to Dylan, but stop shitting on American moto. Guys like AC, Sexton, Tomac, et. al. gave their all (and just might be the 2022 champ)...
Congratulations to Dylan, but stop shitting on American moto. Guys like AC, Sexton, Tomac, et. al. gave their all (and just might be the 2022 champ) but came up short, be it because of injuries, crashes, bad luck, or just being outclassed by Ferrandis, etc. Dylan is the man in 2021 outdoors, but your opinion of American moto is a bit colored.
Just tired of hearing robotic speeches and complaints about bike setup from our guys when they don’t win. Each year, more and more emphasis is put on supercross and motocross ends up being pushed closer and closer to the back burner. Just happy DF was clearly into it through the thick and thin and showed all of his competitors why not to get too comfortable during the outdoor season.

The Shop

9/5/2021 7:27am
kylemenz1 wrote:
Agreed. How can he not be a fan favorite!?!
Remember when everyone booed him and sent him death threats in supercross last year?
xrmark
9/5/2021 7:29am
Congratulations to Dylan, but stop shitting on American moto. Guys like AC, Sexton, Tomac, et. al. gave their all (and just might be the 2022 champ)...
Didn’t take that post as shitting in American moto at all. Simply just implying he came over and is better than our boys, and much more respectful to media and fans. Also proving you don’t need a lame ass vlog, just ride your dirt bike and do your job.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/5/2021 7:42am
Remember when everyone booed him and sent him death threats in supercross last year?
He still got booed this summer.
DGE.532
9/5/2021 8:59am
I'm sure I'll get shit on for this but I was at Dallas sx in 92, most noise all night was booing JMB, who was the defending champ at the time. "Don't wanna be an American idiot", congratulations Dylan
yz133rider
9/5/2021 9:15am
Ferrandis is amazing. His humbleness, modesty, respect for the sport and for others is just awesome to see.

Ferrandis just know that for any fans with a dumb comment towards you, there’s 100 more who are singing your praises.

You crushed it this season and congrats!
captmoto
9/5/2021 9:17am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2021 9:31am
Dylan's PRI on Swapmoto was great for a short interview. It seems his goals are very focused and modest. He said in SX his hand was still healing but I don't think we heard it as an excuse. He said he hopes to win one SX next year.
This year he said he couldn't believe he was winning. I think this is a real example of putting in your hardest work during the week plus we never heard he was struggling with their setup or his "co
mfort".
I wasn't a fan after his hard pass on Craig last year but he didn't seem to need that kind of aggressiveness this year unless I missed something.
He seems to be a bit of a throwback to the old school guys that just rode the bike the best they could.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
9/5/2021 9:39am
I think he had carried himself as a champion should, even before winning either of the championships he had won. Humility and honesty aren't traits that we see in all "winners". Good for you DF14!
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
9/5/2021 10:11am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Anyone booing Ferrandis is an idiot.

Mad respect to DF for a hell of a season and wrapping the title up early.

OP nailed it.
hubbardmx50
9/5/2021 10:34am
Looks like guys can no longer use the YZ450 as a vice to blame on their poor performances. Thing looked like it handled amazing all summer. And this is coming from a long time Honda guy who has never ridden one. Only the 250. Happy to have Dylan in this sport. Back when the pits were open, my buddies and I would always make sure to stop by Star to talk to him, his wife and DV.
FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
9/5/2021 10:45am
Not to take anything away from Ferrandis as he's a total badass and has proven he put in the work.

But anyone who has ever had heat exhaustion or heat stroke can easily understand why guys would skip the podium yesterday. It's not being disrespectful to the fans, it's not being less of a badass rider than Ferrandis, it's not being physically weak from undertraining. It's a borderline medical emergency and is not to be taken lightly. Heavy physical exertion in heat like that can zap anyone at anytime and is not to be taken lightly. These guys are all bad asses. No loss of respect to them for doing what they know was right for their health.
hyler199
9/5/2021 10:49am
aeffertz wrote:
American motocross at the highest level is slowly delving into a glamour quest. However, Dylan has given every 450 racer a rude awakening. Humble in victory...

I was going to make a thread just for the thought I had yesturday but I will leave it here...

Is Dylan going to be the "Carmichael" of this era.... im saying in a loose way. Not so much the dominance and wins...but the training and focus part.

I think everyone saw Dylan eat their food this year and hes only got one thing on his mind, to win. I think the rest of the 450 class is back at home hitting the books again on what theyll have to do to beat this guy. Im hoping they arent thinking "ahhh hes an outdoor guy we will kick his ass in supercross..."

I'm starting to believe they shouldnt be too sure of that. I think Dylan is going to force a lot of people to see God this off season lmao
PNWRider
9/5/2021 11:01am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Every one of those people should have their moto privileges revoked. Fucking morons.

Regardless of whether one likes a rider or not, they should be able to respect the clinic that Ferrandis put on for its effort.

One thing that was extremely refreshing to me was seeing his genuine frustration with anything less than winning. Reminds me of the days where that mindset made for better racing.
gt80rider
9/5/2021 11:05am
Seems like a cool dude..... imo, he simple wanted it more than anybody else... et3 was at odds with kawi.... paul wants an sx only contract.... ac and sexton got injured.... but Dylan kept it wfo all summer! Hope he keeps it pinned for a few more years!
Yammyam
9/5/2021 11:14am
After getting boo'd in supercross last year for some questionable moves, I think Dylan has won everyone over this outdoor season.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
9/5/2021 12:34pm
His consistency was amazing. Rode awesome all summer. Very well earned title.
Ranman68
9/5/2021 2:34pm
I think the American riders overall are also super respectful, very willing to give time to fans/media as well. The extra struggle and fiddling to get bike setup while going back and forth from motocross to supercross every year probably causes riders whove been here longer to mention it more out of habit. Even europeans like Roczen and Musquin are doing regularly. Ferrandis mentions a bad bike set up at times, but i agree its not a regular thing with him by any means.
Pretty much all those elite guys are worth looking up to in my opinion. Ferrandis was just focused solely on mx, winning mx, putting in crazy hard work, and he gave it everything he had in every race from start to finish. He outworked everyone, gave more effort, and took the outdoor title. Showed the others what wanting it is all about. Not just the American riders, but his fellow Frencmen and Euros in ama as well. Thats in addition to being respectful and humble.
Now the other riders in that class are aware of what he is bringing, and what they will have to bring now that this dude is on the gate. It will make them step up their game. It will also make crybabies, blamers, and disrespectul people look even worse. That is good.
I agree. Props to Ferrandis for being one of those guys who sets examples in conduct, forces everyone else to bring a better game. Nothing will make you step up your game and bring it harder the next time the way a straight up ass kicking will.
9/5/2021 2:36pm
cool ferrandis story: Muddy Creek about 2015-16 I wanna say, it was his first outdoor season over here on the 250 and he got 3rd in the second moto. I was in the podium crowd and some drunk dudes were like “come drink a beer!” to Dylan, he walks over and says alright just one, and proceeds to kill a beer with us fans, legendary moment for sure.
sandman768
9/5/2021 4:17pm
Years ago, made the mistake of not appreciating JMB over here….. I still want our boys to win but can also be a fan of DF. He is making our series better by being here…..
9/5/2021 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2021 4:47pm
aeffertz wrote:
Just tired of hearing robotic speeches and complaints about bike setup from our guys when they don’t win. Each year, more and more emphasis is put...
Just tired of hearing robotic speeches and complaints about bike setup from our guys when they don’t win. Each year, more and more emphasis is put on supercross and motocross ends up being pushed closer and closer to the back burner. Just happy DF was clearly into it through the thick and thin and showed all of his competitors why not to get too comfortable during the outdoor season.
If I misread you I apologize, but I'll stand behind the gist of what I was saying. Which is that guys like Tomac, Webb, AC, et al were out there giving it 100% as well. Tomac has said more than once, he is just getting beat. AC has said repeatedly that he needs to do better, as well as Webb. I'm not hearing excuses from them. Dylan was the man outdoors this season. A few years ago it was Tomac, and next season it could be someone else.

I'd also like to add that's not taking anything away from Dylan. He put it all together for the outdoor season of and was clearly the best out there. It's just too easy these days to generalize and lack fair, objective balance in these types of discussions, imho.

For example, Dylan mentioned more than once that his bike set up was off during the sx season. Certainly it can't be a viable reason for him but an excuse when others say their set up is off?

9/5/2021 4:55pm
Yammyam wrote:
After getting boo'd in supercross last year for some questionable moves, I think Dylan has won everyone over this outdoor season.
I went to 3 Nationals and I thought he got a pretty warm reception.
nealb129
9/5/2021 5:18pm
Congrats to him that's for sure! I knew he was fast, but I never put too much stock in rookies. Glad I was wrong though!

I was sitting in front of the triple in Atlanta when he crashed and knocked out some teeth. I didnt know much about him at the time. Amazing to see how far he has come!!

Post a reply to: Thank You, Dylan Ferrandis

The Latest