Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
2/25/2013 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2013 2:33pm
Looks surprisingly good. Great scenery

|
SwapperMX
2/25/2013 4:41pm
I dont know about good, but anyway. Those Euro's are in for a shock with the heat. Could be some suprising results.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
2/25/2013 4:44pm
SwapperMX wrote:
I dont know about good, but anyway. Those Euro's are in for a shock with the heat. Could be some suprising results.
Hoping that plays into Ferris' advantage. He's been training down here all summer so he should be well accustomed to the heat

The track could definitely be better, of course, but I think it looks pretty good for it's first time round. Other than the rocks, the soil looks great.
Barrett57
2/25/2013 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2013 4:46pm
Needs more jumps.
kardy
2/25/2013 4:47pm
It's like a supercross track built in a field. It'll be too one-lined. It's too narrow. It's too wide. Riders won't be able to separate themselves because it's too easy. It'll make for great racing. It won't make for great racing. The soil is too hard. The soil is too soft. Euros suck. Herlings can ride hard pack too, you just watch! I can't believe how Luongo sucked the life out of that series. The new format sucks. The new format RULES.

That should cover it.

The Shop

SwapperMX
2/25/2013 5:12pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Hoping that plays into Ferris' advantage. He's been training down here all summer so he should be well accustomed to the heat The track could definitely...
Hoping that plays into Ferris' advantage. He's been training down here all summer so he should be well accustomed to the heat

The track could definitely be better, of course, but I think it looks pretty good for it's first time round. Other than the rocks, the soil looks great.
Yeah definitely. Is on a good bike too, that is plenty fast from all acounts, so hoping he does great. Waters also could make an impression, and should handle the heat no problems. Definitely keen to see the GP's kick off.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
2/25/2013 5:32pm
Oh yeah, forgot that a couple of other Aussie were thinking about doing the race. Should be sick
ga_pike
2/25/2013 5:37pm
Might need to borrow the rock picker fro Broome Tioga, but overall it looks like a decent track. I'm excited to see a more world based series and hope it continues to grow to a real, international series that could possibly attract the top US riders as well.
Cigaro
2/25/2013 5:42pm
Wonder if they swept for landmines... Whistling
2/25/2013 6:51pm
Does monster energy recruit local chicks?

Love me some asians.
bvm111
2/25/2013 7:54pm
Does monster energy recruit local chicks? [img]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cpELC1KuaGA/UNHj7EDh42I/AAAAAAAAAG4/m6xqoaGwUA4/s1600/%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A2.jpg[/img] Love me some asians.
Does monster energy recruit local chicks?

Love me some asians.
If you have never been to south east Asia... Before you die, YOU MUST go!

I can't describe the amount of mind blowing hot chicks without attitudes there are there... I told my Brazilian wife, if you ever leave me ill sell everything and just disappear in Indonesia or Thailand!!!!!

WoohooWoohooWoohoo
wow123
2/25/2013 7:58pm
I should be there

Just in time for the heat, its just starting to get hot this week,
i mean from hot to real hot, should be a good 35+ on the day, that will absolutely wipe some riders.

One of the top thai guys broke his leg on the track.
"Trakarn injury update"
Trakarn Thangthong broken his leg during his first tract test at ThaiMXGP yesterday

I expect some sort of big fck up, it is after all thailand

Anyone coming want a tour around the infamous city of pattaya pm me.

looking forward to it, hope it goes well!

links
http://www.thaimxgp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/ThailandMotocrossGP
ando
2/25/2013 8:06pm
Hard to fathom that they would bring a GP all the way to Thailand, and yet Australia is sitting on the doorstep.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/25/2013 11:38pm
Holy rain ruts, standing water, rocks and panic revs. Having said that, I'm sure it'll be tuned up for the GP.
41NDT
2/25/2013 11:39pm
Biggest ? Is how many will bring back a bride with em and who will accidentally get there freak on with a sexy man
jamma10
2/26/2013 1:01am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2013 1:03am
Cigaro wrote:
Wonder if they swept for landmines... Whistling
Luongo will be doing a full track inspection on foot...
jamma10
2/26/2013 1:06am
I think the track looks fine and will only get better.

There is still two weeks before the race so plenty of time to 'pretty it up' a bit for all the modern day motocross perfectionists out there.
2/26/2013 1:06am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Looks surprisingly good. Great scenery [img]http://distilleryimage1.instagram.com/8f6908527f5811e2852a22000a9e0709_7.jpg[/img] [embed] https://youtu.be/VW_fpYmoPt0 [/embed]
Looks surprisingly good. Great scenery

Why surprisingly good and did you expect anything less? They were always going to put on a good show

It's gonna be a rough hole when they are finished racing that's for sure - thanks for the vid
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
2/26/2013 1:45am
ando wrote:
Hard to fathom that they would bring a GP all the way to Thailand, and yet Australia is sitting on the doorstep.
no one in Aussie will write a big enough cheque to Youthstream
burnside
2/26/2013 2:24am
SwapperMX wrote:
This is true - just got back from 8 weeks out there, took a good 3 weeks or so to get used to the humidity and heat.

Dirt sort of looks like Glen Helen without the hills.
mmcmx
2/26/2013 2:31am
http://www.facebook.com/ThailandMotocrossGP

I have been following them on facebook and I think they are doing a great job promoting the event and MX in thailand with lots of events, races, suport for their riders, mxgirls....Their're putting a lot of work and effort and hope the event is a succes.

To be honest I could only wish someone promoted MX like this over here.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
2/26/2013 2:43am
mmcmx wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/ThailandMotocrossGP I have been following them on facebook and I think they are doing a great job promoting the event and MX in thailand with lots...
http://www.facebook.com/ThailandMotocrossGP

I have been following them on facebook and I think they are doing a great job promoting the event and MX in thailand with lots of events, races, suport for their riders, mxgirls....Their're putting a lot of work and effort and hope the event is a succes.

To be honest I could only wish someone promoted MX like this over here.
Mmmmhmmmm

jamma10
2/26/2013 2:43am
SwapperMX wrote:
burnside wrote:
This is true - just got back from 8 weeks out there, took a good 3 weeks or so to get used to the humidity and...
This is true - just got back from 8 weeks out there, took a good 3 weeks or so to get used to the humidity and heat.

Dirt sort of looks like Glen Helen without the hills.
Dirt sort of looks like Glen Helen without the hills

Thats exactly what I thought!

Being from Cairns I think Todd Waters could be a real dark horse out there.
ayearinmx
2/26/2013 2:46am
Kraitos, the promoter has been awesome to me... taking me to the track, showing me around BK and like you said MMCMX, he's done soooo much promoting in different media avenues, i hope the event can match his efforts - one example was a little 50cc track in the centre on Bangkok itself

the track still requires some work, but greg atkins is now on-site and will be until the race probably so he won't rest until it looks the part

also, some good news in that there won't be any green-netting at this round!
2/26/2013 4:29am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2013 4:30am
ayearinmx wrote:
Kraitos, the promoter has been awesome to me... taking me to the track, showing me around BK and like you said MMCMX, he's done soooo much...
Kraitos, the promoter has been awesome to me... taking me to the track, showing me around BK and like you said MMCMX, he's done soooo much promoting in different media avenues, i hope the event can match his efforts - one example was a little 50cc track in the centre on Bangkok itself

the track still requires some work, but greg atkins is now on-site and will be until the race probably so he won't rest until it looks the part

Please be careful with the positive feedback guys - you will only stir the pot of all knowing grumble monsters.
2/26/2013 5:01am
ayearinmx wrote:
Kraitos, the promoter has been awesome to me... taking me to the track, showing me around BK and like you said MMCMX, he's done soooo much...

Please be careful with the positive feedback guys - you will only stir the pot of all knowing grumble monsters.
Grumble grumble,Greg Atkins is always excellent news though Wink
2/26/2013 5:06am
F'ing Qatar this weekend, cannot wait for some outdoors in the lights !!!
mccread
2/26/2013 5:23am
kardy wrote:
It's like a supercross track built in a field. It'll be too one-lined. It's too narrow. It's too wide. Riders won't be able to separate themselves...
It's like a supercross track built in a field. It'll be too one-lined. It's too narrow. It's too wide. Riders won't be able to separate themselves because it's too easy. It'll make for great racing. It won't make for great racing. The soil is too hard. The soil is too soft. Euros suck. Herlings can ride hard pack too, you just watch! I can't believe how Luongo sucked the life out of that series. The new format sucks. The new format RULES.

That should cover it.
LaughingGrinning
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
3/8/2013 4:40am
Looks like they've done alot of work. Definitely looks like a sweet track

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
3/8/2013 4:44am
SwapperMX wrote:
Yeah definitely. Is on a good bike too, that is plenty fast from all acounts, so hoping he does great. Waters also could make an impression...
Yeah definitely. Is on a good bike too, that is plenty fast from all acounts, so hoping he does great. Waters also could make an impression, and should handle the heat no problems. Definitely keen to see the GP's kick off.
I haven't read anything about any Aussies racing this weekend. Thats a shame Sad

Post a reply to: Thai GP track

The Latest