Thad Duvall Stripped of win at John Penton GNCC (UPDATED WITH VIDEO)

Auntiemay
7/13/2017 9:58pm
Thad has shown us all the true meaning of professionalism. He has not denied that he made a mistake. A mistake, not cheating. He will not appeal because he does not like drama or controversy. He is very disappointed by the penalty he was handed. He has chosen to move on and put his time and energy into being the best he can be. He truly enjoys this sport. Loves everyone that supports him and appreciates us all. Time for everyone else to move on also. It's so sad that this has gotten so out of control, but he has amazing fans that feel he was given a raw deal. GNCC's FB arguing and now this forum, in my opinion, have just made things worse, adding fuel to the fire. Kaleb, Thad, and all pro riders from off-road to MX, have fans and haters. Kaleb is not the only pro that has family members who are upset by how their family member is being trashed on social media. Mr. Coombs, Thad is my nephew and I love him very much. It has been extremely hard for me to read comments that suggest that he cheated. But, I chose to respect Thad's wishes & move on from this. BTW, I have been a fan of Kaleb's also. I have wished him good luck, told him to stay safe, and cheered him on. He and Thad started out together, trained together, and were both part of a 4 man team that made history last year by winning the ISDE. I'm not surprised that they are the two battling for the GNCC 2017 championship. They are the best of the best.
DC
7/14/2017 8:14am
Auntie May, I never said Thad cheated and I feel bad for both him and Chris. They were pointed to a shortcut that was out of bounds by whoever that fan was and they took it. The AMA had to make a decision and they decided to dock each one spot, which is consistent with previous rulings when things like this happen. I am a big fan of Thad's, we have helped support him in both the GNCC Series with sponsors and also Team USA. I believe he is a future champion here -- maybe even this year. And I have nothing but respect for both he and Chris. I was defending the decision and the ludicrous notions that some have had on here that Kailub Russell had anything to do with this, or that any favoritism is shown to him in this series. I apologize if you thought I was disrespectful of Thad in any way, that was not my intention. And you are right, Thad and Kailub are the best of the best right now and it's going to be an awesome fall watching these two fight it out for the championship.

DC
Racer X
Auntiemay
7/14/2017 10:32am
DC wrote:
Auntie May, I never said Thad cheated and I feel bad for both him and Chris. They were pointed to a shortcut that was out of...
Auntie May, I never said Thad cheated and I feel bad for both him and Chris. They were pointed to a shortcut that was out of bounds by whoever that fan was and they took it. The AMA had to make a decision and they decided to dock each one spot, which is consistent with previous rulings when things like this happen. I am a big fan of Thad's, we have helped support him in both the GNCC Series with sponsors and also Team USA. I believe he is a future champion here -- maybe even this year. And I have nothing but respect for both he and Chris. I was defending the decision and the ludicrous notions that some have had on here that Kailub Russell had anything to do with this, or that any favoritism is shown to him in this series. I apologize if you thought I was disrespectful of Thad in any way, that was not my intention. And you are right, Thad and Kailub are the best of the best right now and it's going to be an awesome fall watching these two fight it out for the championship.

DC
Racer X
I appreciate that you took the time to explain to me that I miss understood your comment. As I said, I'm not one for drama. I did not participate in the Facebook fiasco. But, as you, I love my nephew and felt the need to reach out to protect his reputation. Chad and Susie have sacrificed so much, especially since Chad was diagnosed with leukemia. They believed, and continue to believe in Thad and encouraged him not to give up during the rough years. Thad has the utmost respect for his parents and would never disgrace their family name by cheating. I'm looking forward to the last 4 races and I'm extremely excited to see them both defend their title as ISDE World Champs!
Thank you, Mary
hard2kill
7/14/2017 12:28pm
hard2kill wrote:
Gezz all this drama on top of a race that was already rescheduled under suspicious circumstances, and right on top of another major series event from...
Gezz all this drama on top of a race that was already rescheduled under suspicious circumstances, and right on top of another major series event from which many of these riders earn income as well. Then the face of the organization spills out his emotionally charged viewpoints on a public forum. The professionalism seems lacking. I would not be surprised to see many more riders and industry sponsors continue to move away from Racer Production events in the future.
The circumstances of the race being rescheduled are only suspicious to those who have no understanding of the logistics of putting on an event of the...
The circumstances of the race being rescheduled are only suspicious to those who have no understanding of the logistics of putting on an event of the magnitude of a GNCC event. As far as when it was rescheduled, Racer Productions rescheduled the event for the second weekend after Snowshoe, as they should have, since it's the earliest they could have, and still maintained the two week spacing between events.

As far as the points DC made being "emotional" and "unprofessional", I'm not seeing it. I see a man defending his family and their business against unfounded, backhanded accusations of misconduct. He's asking people to consider the facts, instead of vomiting out their gut reactions.
I myself feel they rescheduled the event for sincere reasons and truly thought it was the correct decision. I understand the logistics are a big undertaking, rescheduling is also a logistical nightmare. However, there were many people who were suspicious of it, which just highlights that their is a problem for some reason as to how many people perceive this organization. I don't think that they rescheduled because they thought it might someway help Kailub, and think that suggestion is laughable. However, i would say that rescheduling right in the summer break was a bad move, even that could be overlooked. I know their schedule is tight with Loretta's and all their other events. Beyond all this their is no doubt they were full well aware that they rescheduled right on top of Hoopers full gas. Anyone who has been paying any attention knows their is some bad blood there as well. I feel they should have been more respectful of that series, even if they had to reschedule to the end of the season.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Thad Duvall Stripped of win at John Penton GNCC (UPDATED WITH VIDEO)

The Latest