Tevin Tapia is an interesting character

2/22/2018 8:43pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2018 8:43pm
Believing the world is flat is considered crazy, but ‘praying’ to an imaginary being is not... On the flat earth subject, how do satellites stay in...
Believing the world is flat is considered crazy, but ‘praying’ to an imaginary being is not...

On the flat earth subject, how do satellites stay in the sky? What is on the underside of earth?
Nailed it with the first statement.
jeffro503
2/22/2018 8:46pm
I just looked threw his Facebook and saw maybe 1 thing pertaining to this, which was a picture and below that picture was the word of...
I just looked threw his Facebook and saw maybe 1 thing pertaining to this, which was a picture and below that picture was the word of faith. He may have a wild imagination but I highly doubt he believes in the flat earth theory past that. I know Tevin and while he’s a funny character he’s also very sarcastic and loves to mess with people. Y’all need to make a bigger deal out of stuff that actually matters, like the fact feld profits 25+ million plus dollars each Saturday while paying the racers nothing, or how magoo talked about it or how Decoster talked about, and how feld is using and abusing it’s racers and throwing them away like garbage no matter how talented and hard working they are. You guys only care about bullshit and getting nothing done that matters. Y’all need put this much effort into making sure your kids or your future stars in this sport get respectable opportunity. Till then y’all are talking about flat earth theory’s on a moto board.
We discuss plenty of things that matter in the sport Jeff. This may not be one of them , but we can multi-task certain discussion topics. And I know Tevin is a good dude......but even when one of your best friend's say something that stupid , you are going to get shit for it.
2/22/2018 8:56pm
I just looked threw his Facebook and saw maybe 1 thing pertaining to this, which was a picture and below that picture was the word of...
I just looked threw his Facebook and saw maybe 1 thing pertaining to this, which was a picture and below that picture was the word of faith. He may have a wild imagination but I highly doubt he believes in the flat earth theory past that. I know Tevin and while he’s a funny character he’s also very sarcastic and loves to mess with people. Y’all need to make a bigger deal out of stuff that actually matters, like the fact feld profits 25+ million plus dollars each Saturday while paying the racers nothing, or how magoo talked about it or how Decoster talked about, and how feld is using and abusing it’s racers and throwing them away like garbage no matter how talented and hard working they are. You guys only care about bullshit and getting nothing done that matters. Y’all need put this much effort into making sure your kids or your future stars in this sport get respectable opportunity. Till then y’all are talking about flat earth theory’s on a moto board.
Feld does not profit 25 million per race. No where close to that

Lay off the drugs jeff

The Shop

2/22/2018 10:11pm
This isn't a reflection on my views on the shape of the planet, but I would caution being so closed minded. Not only will people in...
This isn't a reflection on my views on the shape of the planet, but I would caution being so closed minded. Not only will people in 100 years look back and think, "Man, I can't believe they didn't know that.", but there is a guarantee that they will say, "Man, I can't believe they believed that." I obviously can't tell you what topic they will be referring to, but we are most definitely completely wrong about something we take as a fact. My best guess would be related to space or consciousness.
You’re speaking my language.
Jrewing
2/22/2018 10:25pm
Jeff I like you mate. Shit I don't know if what what you say is close to facts on things but your hearts in the right place and you don't roll over and cop it. That makes you alright in my books.
Also I'll like Tapia now.
Also I'm drinking beer now...
JMR1976
2/22/2018 10:31pm
Well people still believe they’re going to heaven. A magical place where everyone lives in bliss for eternity.
MJC
2/22/2018 10:48pm
JMR1976 wrote:
Well people still believe they’re going to heaven. A magical place where everyone lives in bliss for eternity.
What? There's no such place?? Ah shiit, I was lining up some roots with some chicks I missed out on in my younger days
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
2/22/2018 11:29pm
Maybe he’s smarter than it appears.....4 pages on Vital for a rider whose results wouldn’t get him on a fantasy team and yet here he is on page one with a shitload of views
90smoto
2/23/2018 2:26am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2018 2:33am
This thread is awesome! So we got Tapia as a flat earth believer and now the always level headed Jeff Alessi coming to his defense. You can’t make this shit up lol! Two pees in a pod those two. There both on there own planets... A flat one with a lazer ring around it
Deja New
2/23/2018 2:51am
hyler199 wrote:
lmao 200 foot wall of ice. with an army guarding it.

I fuckin LOVE Game of Thrones
Deja New wrote:
I just peed a little reading this may even have shot a little OJ out my nose....
hyler199 wrote:
man first thing that popped into my mind haha
Showed the wife even she had a good chuckle
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
2/23/2018 3:32am
Jeff, buddy, come on. We have been through this. We agree that Feld doesn't act in the interest of the riders, but you gotta use evidence tgat makes sense. Feld doesn't make even close to 25M per night. Just think about it. They make the majority of their income off of ticket sales. Average 50k people at $100 each, thats $5m income before expenses, including renting the stadium, the dirt, the track crew, insurance, etc. If they were profiting $25M per event, I guarantee you that there would be someone creating a competing series and luring riders away with some share of that cash.
Uncle Tony
2/23/2018 4:39am
What about advertising? Surely there's income from that
Deja New
2/23/2018 4:50am
Uncle Tony wrote:
TV rights, car parking, merchandise, title sponsors list goes on but 25 mil is shit load.
90smoto
2/23/2018 4:55am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2018 7:17am
Wait for Jeff’s timeline to explain everything
Deja New
2/23/2018 4:58am
90smoto wrote:
Wait for Jeff’s timeline to explain everything
That only works if the world is flat ?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
2/23/2018 5:15am
Uncle Tony wrote:
Yeah, they get income from tv rights, merchandise sales and sponsorship. Regardless of where it comes from though, it just doesn't make sense.

Think about it though... $25M profit per race, 17 races, that's $425M in PROFIT. Just from supercross, but they also own a ton of other events like Arenacross, Monster Jam, Nuclear Cowboys, Disney Live, and concert promotions. Forbes estimates that Feld makes just over $1B in revenue, which just doesn't add up. Very very few companies have about a 50% margin these days, and that would be just from supercross, not counting the profits from all of their other business.

Also, Fox Sports pays Feld about $1M per year for the tv rights. I've read Monster pays about $3-4M to title sponsorship. Let's call it $5M, that's just under $300K per event.

But the point was, Jeff is probably right, but when you use such off the wall numbers to substantiate a claim, it makes people not want to listen. I think it's entirely possible that Feld makes between 500K and $1M per event, and if that's true, sharing even just a fraction of that with the riders would go a long way..

Anyway, what is this about the earth being fat?
steveada
2/23/2018 5:28am
There is a difference between Stephen Hawking believing that there must be life on another planet somewhere and believing the world is flat. One is based on attempts to answer a question we don't know the answer to, using science, math, and probabilities, The other is an absurdly ignorant belief that is obviously wrong. Sure, people can believe whatever they want, but when their beliefs go directly against reality then they are either simple minded or crazy. As we would say in the south, "he believes the world is flat, well bless his heart."
steveada
2/23/2018 5:51am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2018 6:01am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Yeah, they get income from tv rights, merchandise sales and sponsorship. Regardless of where it comes from though, it just doesn't make sense. Think about it...
Yeah, they get income from tv rights, merchandise sales and sponsorship. Regardless of where it comes from though, it just doesn't make sense.

Think about it though... $25M profit per race, 17 races, that's $425M in PROFIT. Just from supercross, but they also own a ton of other events like Arenacross, Monster Jam, Nuclear Cowboys, Disney Live, and concert promotions. Forbes estimates that Feld makes just over $1B in revenue, which just doesn't add up. Very very few companies have about a 50% margin these days, and that would be just from supercross, not counting the profits from all of their other business.

Also, Fox Sports pays Feld about $1M per year for the tv rights. I've read Monster pays about $3-4M to title sponsorship. Let's call it $5M, that's just under $300K per event.

But the point was, Jeff is probably right, but when you use such off the wall numbers to substantiate a claim, it makes people not want to listen. I think it's entirely possible that Feld makes between 500K and $1M per event, and if that's true, sharing even just a fraction of that with the riders would go a long way..

Anyway, what is this about the earth being fat?
Time for a lesson in business and marketing. So lets say Feld makes 500k to 1 Million per race. What are they doing to earn that money? They are providing a venue, a track, a "show atmosphere", and marketing. You need to ask yourself who is benefiting from all that? Who pays the riders? The teams and sponsors. How do the teams earn money to operate? Sponsors. How do you interest companies in sponsoring your team? providing exposure. How many sponsors would there be if the races weren't being televised? How many people who come to watch are hard core fans, and how many come because it is a fun and exciting all around experience? So, if Feld is earning 500k to a million per race, how much are all the teams and riders earning in sponsorship dollars on a per race basis when you add all the sponsorship dollars together? My guess is that what all the teams and riders bring in is more than what Feld makes. So, just like you get paid to do your job, hopefully because what you are doing is helping the company you work for to make money, Feld is getting paid to do its job, in turn allowing the teams to make money and pay riders to ride for them. Like it or not, that is the business model a lot of motor sports are based upon.
make1go
2/23/2018 6:07am
Believing the world is flat is considered crazy, but ‘praying’ to an imaginary being is not... On the flat earth subject, how do satellites stay in...
Believing the world is flat is considered crazy, but ‘praying’ to an imaginary being is not...

On the flat earth subject, how do satellites stay in the sky? What is on the underside of earth?
Not that i believe either, one has a strong historical, cultural precedent and provides some positive outcomes, the other is nothing. My theory is that some uni students made a project on how easily some people fall for stupid shit and it took off to this huge level...

And what sm has shown me is there is a lot more stupid people than i thought.

Lets pray that 200 ft wall of ice doesnt colapse and make a tsunami wipe out every country in the world at once..hahaha
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
2/23/2018 6:15am
steveada wrote:
Time for a lesson in business and marketing. So lets say Feld makes 500k to 1 Million per race. What are they doing to earn that...
Time for a lesson in business and marketing. So lets say Feld makes 500k to 1 Million per race. What are they doing to earn that money? They are providing a venue, a track, a "show atmosphere", and marketing. You need to ask yourself who is benefiting from all that? Who pays the riders? The teams and sponsors. How do the teams earn money to operate? Sponsors. How do you interest companies in sponsoring your team? providing exposure. How many sponsors would there be if the races weren't being televised? How many people who come to watch are hard core fans, and how many come because it is a fun and exciting all around experience? So, if Feld is earning 500k to a million per race, how much are all the teams and riders earning in sponsorship dollars on a per race basis when you add all the sponsorship dollars together? My guess is that what all the teams and riders bring in is more than what Feld makes. So, just like you get paid to do your job, hopefully because what you are doing is helping the company you work for to make money, Feld is getting paid to do its job, in turn allowing the teams to make money and pay riders to ride for them. Like it or not, that is the business model a lot of motor sports are based upon.
Wow, what a business lesson.

You completely missed the point I was making. At no point did anything you said have anything to do with my comments. Congratulations.
Uncle Tony
2/23/2018 6:19am
If Feld is making 500K to 1M per event, in profit, I would fold it, sorry Jeff isn’t out of line, you monkeys just like to bash him
steveada
2/23/2018 6:38am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Wow, what a business lesson. You completely missed the point I was making. At no point did anything you said have anything to do with my...

You completely missed the point I was making. At no point did anything you said have anything to do with my comments. Congratulations.
Didn't mean to offend you, it is just the same thing keeps coming up that Feld needs to share more of their earnings with the riders, My point is they do a lot more than that, and that the business model of supercross is not to be racing for purse money.
tcallahan707
2/23/2018 6:48am
Only on Vital does a flat earther thread turn into a Feld profit sharing thread....all thanks to Jeff Alessi. It's nothing against his point, right or wrong. I'm just continually amazed (and I shouldn't be by now) at some of the corners these things take lol Laughing
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
2/23/2018 6:53am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Wow, what a business lesson. You completely missed the point I was making. At no point did anything you said have anything to do with my...

steveada wrote:
Didn't mean to offend you, it is just the same thing keeps coming up that Feld needs to share more of their earnings with the riders...
Didn't mean to offend you, it is just the same thing keeps coming up that Feld needs to share more of their earnings with the riders, My point is they do a lot more than that, and that the business model of supercross is not to be racing for purse money.
No offense taken. When you start your response with "time for a business and marketing lesson", but you don't even read what I wrote to understand the point I'm trying to make, it doesn't offend me and just makes you look bad.

JA801 was saying that Feld makes about $25M in profit from each race, and should share some of it. I said, if you're going to make that claim, you need to at least use some realistic numbers, and helped him zero in on that. I'm not the one arguing for share of income, Jeff is.

That's all I'm going to say about this because we are way off topic and I want to learn more about this fat earth theory.
Robgvx
2/23/2018 6:56am
hyler199 wrote:
lmao 200 foot wall of ice. with an army guarding it.

I fuckin LOVE Game of Thrones
Robgvx wrote:
Jon Snow was my next door neighbor.
Pics or it didn't happen.
In our local pub, talking to Mrs Robgvx.

philG
2/23/2018 8:16am
Robgvx wrote:
In our local pub, talking to Mrs Robgvx. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/23/245632/s1200_8FD02BEF_E45D_4BD2_907C_2F5657F64CF4.jpg[/img]
In our local pub, talking to Mrs Robgvx.

Is it bad that I have no idea who he is.. he wasn't your lift from Telford was he LOL.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
2/23/2018 8:34am
It's 3:30am here, I have zero fucking idea what's going on and don't know what thread I'm in?

I think it's time for bewmoifvoesj4tij43op9jri32hsqkweoq3wioeqwjeiro23jeoi

Post a reply to: Tevin Tapia is an interesting character

The Latest