Testament to RV

jeffro503
12/5/2017 2:28am
mxb2 wrote:
Shit happens in racing ,good and back luck. Like I said , if,if,if doesn't mean shit.
jeffro503 wrote:
These " If , Ands, and Buts" debates get really old around here. Like some of these guys can tell the fucking future on what "...
These " If , Ands, and Buts" debates get really old around here. Like some of these guys can tell the fucking future on what " would " have happened.

RD ran out of gas at Southwick....has happened to many a riders. The SX " mechanical ".......wasn't a mechanical at all! It was RD ramming the back side of another rider and bending his front disc brake. How the fuck is that a mechanicle?

There is no " If's And's and But's " in this sport! All this is , is excuse making because that guys favorite rider didn't win. News flash.....anything can , and will happen in this sport. Get a fucking grip.
USMCMXer wrote:
Unless you're making them for "your guy" right? Your cute story above isn't even close, but don't let facts get in the way of a good...
Unless you're making them for "your guy" right? Your cute story above isn't even close, but don't let facts get in the way of a good story...

Why did RV retire???WhistlingWhistling
Front disc , derailed chain?.....Who gives a fuck? He made a mistake by aggressively slamming another rider during the race. Go watch it again. I've watched every single SX and Mx race that's ever been taped since 1979. Every single one , including as many GP's , Canadian Mx rounds along with the over seas SX rounds. Making excuses because your guy didn't win.....imagine that. Slight form of the " poor whoa as me.....whaaa.....I didn't get what I wanted....but I still deserve the trophy " groups. You guys are some funny bastards.
SigPig
12/5/2017 6:33am
The 2018 SX season will be the first time since 2009 that the Champion will not be named Ryan.

Stamp it!

The Shop

Phantom 661
12/5/2017 8:39am
ob wrote:
RV= Bad Ass
RD=choir boy
I agree about RV.
Dungey a choir boy?
That's one choir boy that sang his way clear to the top of MX/SX..... and to the tune of millions of dollars.
I want to be a choir boy too! Laughing
Forty
12/5/2017 9:41am
jeffro503 wrote:
Front disc , derailed chain?.....Who gives a fuck? He made a mistake by aggressively slamming another rider during the race. Go watch it again. I've watched...
Front disc , derailed chain?.....Who gives a fuck? He made a mistake by aggressively slamming another rider during the race. Go watch it again. I've watched every single SX and Mx race that's ever been taped since 1979. Every single one , including as many GP's , Canadian Mx rounds along with the over seas SX rounds. Making excuses because your guy didn't win.....imagine that. Slight form of the " poor whoa as me.....whaaa.....I didn't get what I wanted....but I still deserve the trophy " groups. You guys are some funny bastards.
Heheh.
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
12/5/2017 12:17pm
Dungey did have a bit of bad luck but plenty others have had it too. But if memory serves me correctly there was 2 points separating them with 4 rounds to go. So had every opportunity to win championship that year outdoors.

And those that say RV only won cause he got new bike for last 4 races pleaseee... Dungey has had 1 year new bike advantage on everyone one for last 4 or so years!. Guess ya'll forgot about that lol. So do we say he only won cause of new bike advantage? Lol
12/5/2017 3:38pm
mx_phreek wrote:
Dungey did have a bit of bad luck but plenty others have had it too. But if memory serves me correctly there was 2 points separating...
Dungey did have a bit of bad luck but plenty others have had it too. But if memory serves me correctly there was 2 points separating them with 4 rounds to go. So had every opportunity to win championship that year outdoors.

And those that say RV only won cause he got new bike for last 4 races pleaseee... Dungey has had 1 year new bike advantage on everyone one for last 4 or so years!. Guess ya'll forgot about that lol. So do we say he only won cause of new bike advantage? Lol
2 Points? You should probably go back and check your facts. So according to you, having a new bike is an advantage? Ask James and Davi how they felt about that new Yami. Laughing
jeffro503
12/5/2017 10:22pm
mx_phreek wrote:
Dungey did have a bit of bad luck but plenty others have had it too. But if memory serves me correctly there was 2 points separating...

2 Points? You should probably go back and check your facts. So according to you, having a new bike is an advantage? Ask James and Davi...
2 Points? You should probably go back and check your facts. So according to you, having a new bike is an advantage? Ask James and Davi how they felt about that new Yami. Laughing
Uhhh , dude......in those years , when RV switched to the 2012 model from the 2011 model.......he said it was night and day better. So with that being said , did RV's manufacture / team produce a great bike , while RD's manufacture / team produce a shitty one?

Look....I have done nothing but praise RD's career on here. Not once have I slammed RD for anything , and definitely put him towards the very top , as far as overall legends go in this sport. With that being said....in the years that RD and RV raced together , most every single time , RV came out on top.

Overall career? There are a lot of variable in that loaded question. I think they both had awesome careers. I wasn't comparing their overall career.....but comparing the times / years that they raced together.

Hope that makes sense.
Marcello10
12/6/2017 2:17am Edited Date/Time 12/6/2017 2:19am
Nobody mentioned a really important slinding door for Dungey’s career when he declined the offer to go train with Aldon Baker after his stellar 2010 season (I bet RD looking back would have paid him immediately), guess who took his spot..

That would have changed many things in the next four years, on both sides
12/6/2017 3:24am
jeffro503 wrote:
Uhhh , dude......in those years , when RV switched to the 2012 model from the 2011 model.......he said it was night and day better. So with...
Uhhh , dude......in those years , when RV switched to the 2012 model from the 2011 model.......he said it was night and day better. So with that being said , did RV's manufacture / team produce a great bike , while RD's manufacture / team produce a shitty one?

Look....I have done nothing but praise RD's career on here. Not once have I slammed RD for anything , and definitely put him towards the very top , as far as overall legends go in this sport. With that being said....in the years that RD and RV raced together , most every single time , RV came out on top.

Overall career? There are a lot of variable in that loaded question. I think they both had awesome careers. I wasn't comparing their overall career.....but comparing the times / years that they raced together.

Hope that makes sense.
You just used an example about bikes being important for RV but when it comes to my argument that Dungey leaving Suzuki to go to a new team and all new bike played a big role you jump off the rails?

You literally just proved my point that leaving Suzuki basically reset his career with that example. But in reality Suzuki was folding and they basically fell off the map with R&D so KTM was his best move and turned out to be a good one in the long run.

I'm not the only one that would say things would of been different if Suzuki didn't shit the bed and the same could be said with James if Yamaha didn't go that one direction with the bike.
fourfourone
12/6/2017 11:20am
but but but isn't Suzuki the best handling bike of all time

Post a reply to: Testament to RV

The Latest