Testament to RV

Related:
Create New Tag

12/2/2017 8:49 AM

I would say a good indication of how fast a rider is by getting at least one win in every championship you have ever entered. Ryan Villopoto has won a race every single season that he completed at least a round in. Even got a win MXGP and 2009 MX won a race and it was the only round he competed (healthy)

Ryan Villopoto 0
Ryan Dungey 1- 2007 Outdoors
Ricky Carmichael 1 - 1999 Supercross
Ken Roczen 1 - 2012 Outdoors
Eli Tomac 2 - 2011 Outdoors, 2014 Supercross
James Stewart 3 - 2005 Outdoors, 2016 Supercross & Outdoors
Marvin Musquin 4 - 2011 Outdoors, 2012 Supercross, 2016 Supercross & Outdoors

* Don't know much before 2000
* Did not count rider in 250 sx doing rounds on a 450 SX

|

12/2/2017 9:05 AM

2nd best dude of all time behind Rc.

|

12/2/2017 11:10 AM

mxb2 wrote:

2nd best dude of all time behind Rc.

Nah, I would put Dungey in 2nd. More big bike c'ships and more wins!shocked wink

|

12/2/2017 11:15 AM

drok577 wrote:

I would say a good indication of how fast a rider is by getting at least one win in every championship you have ever entered. Ryan Villopoto has won a race every single season that he completed at least a round in. Even got a win MXGP and 2009 MX won a race and it was the only round he competed (healthy)

Ryan Villopoto 0
Ryan Dungey 1- 2007 Outdoors
Ricky Carmichael 1 - 1999 Supercross
Ken Roczen 1 - 2012 Outdoors
Eli Tomac 2 - 2011 Outdoors, 2014 Supercross
James Stewart 3 - 2005 Outdoors, 2016 Supercross & Outdoors
Marvin Musquin 4 - 2011 Outdoors, 2012 Supercross, 2016 Supercross & Outdoors

* Don't know much before 2000
* Did not count rider in 250 sx doing rounds on a 450 SX

James won at least 1 race 13 years in a row! 2002-2014! shocked No one will ever beat that!

|

12/2/2017 11:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2017 11:19 AM

mxb2 wrote:

2nd best dude of all time behind Rc.

rcm406 wrote:

Nah, I would put Dungey in 2nd. More big bike c'ships and more wins!shocked wink

Only reason I have Rv second, more titles all together and a gp win. Both great careers. Rd5 and MC could be tied for 3rd or flip flopped. Titles mean more than wins.

|

12/2/2017 11:25 AM

What was James suspension year?

|

12/2/2017 12:16 PM

mxb2 wrote:

2nd best dude of all time behind Rc.

rcm406 wrote:

Nah, I would put Dungey in 2nd. More big bike c'ships and more wins!shocked wink

mxb2 wrote:

Only reason I have Rv second, more titles all together and a gp win. Both great careers. Rd5 and MC could be tied for 3rd or flip flopped. Titles mean more than wins.

I think the guy was being sarcastic? Maybe not, I'm not sure but I don't see how anyone could put Dungey ahead of Villopoto. I mean they raced for years and Dungey never beat Villopoto for a title and rarely won races against him.

|

12/2/2017 12:23 PM

rcm406 wrote:

Nah, I would put Dungey in 2nd. More big bike c'ships and more wins!shocked wink

mxb2 wrote:

Only reason I have Rv second, more titles all together and a gp win. Both great careers. Rd5 and MC could be tied for 3rd or flip flopped. Titles mean more than wins.

jorgechavez wrote:

I think the guy was being sarcastic? Maybe not, I'm not sure but I don't see how anyone could put Dungey ahead of Villopoto. I mean they raced for years and Dungey never beat Villopoto for a title and rarely won races against him.

That's why I have him #2.

|

12/2/2017 12:25 PM

mxb2 wrote:

2nd best dude of all time behind Rc.

rcm406 wrote:

Nah, I would put Dungey in 2nd. More big bike c'ships and more wins!shocked wink

Could never beat RV tho smile

|

12/2/2017 12:27 PM

RV2 even said in interviews that he was never worried about Dungey. He always knew what he would bring to the table

|

12/2/2017 12:35 PM

Who?

|

12/2/2017 12:45 PM

Not Dungey's fault RV couldn't stay off the ground during the c'ships Dungey won! Don't get me started on 2011. RV lucked in to both c'ships that year due to mechanical failures!wink

|

12/2/2017 12:59 PM

Villopoto beat Dungey in every championship besides the one where he broke his leg. Even Dungey knows Villo was better. Villopoto was the only person who could have that going over the edge speed while still being consistent enough to beat Dungey. That is no joke. He had like James' speed with Dungeys consistency. Id put him second behind RC.

|

12/2/2017 1:06 PM

Photo

|

12/2/2017 1:40 PM

Dungey lovers can make all the excuses they want, the History Books and the video evidence show that RV had RD covered. End of story.

Dunge didn't really go on a tear of wins until after Villo hung up his boots....more evidence of RVs clear superiority.

|

12/2/2017 2:00 PM

LungButter wrote:

Dungey lovers can make all the excuses they want, the History Books and the video evidence show that RV had RD covered. End of story.

Dunge didn't really go on a tear of wins until after Villo hung up his boots....more evidence of RVs clear superiority.

Hard to disagree with head to head results. The only point I think should be made, and I think it is valid is that if Dungey had trained under Aldon when racing RV which would have resulted in RV training under someone else, I think the results would have been different. But it's all only speculation now. Regardless, both were great riders and champions.

|

12/2/2017 2:08 PM

LungButter wrote:

Dungey lovers can make all the excuses they want, the History Books and the video evidence show that RV had RD covered. End of story.

Dunge didn't really go on a tear of wins until after Villo hung up his boots....more evidence of RVs clear superiority.

TbonesPop wrote:

Hard to disagree with head to head results. The only point I think should be made, and I think it is valid is that if Dungey had trained under Aldon when racing RV which would have resulted in RV training under someone else, I think the results would have been different. But it's all only speculation now. Regardless, both were great riders and champions.

If I'm not mistaken Dungey had an opportunity to train with Aldon before RV hired him but decided not to due to money.

|

12/2/2017 2:23 PM

mxb2 wrote:

2nd best dude of all time behind Rc.

Amen.

I sometimes have trouble determining whether people are trolling. To even contemplate that people might actually believe that Dungey was better than RV is just beyond me. Sure, count up what ever "stats" suit your agenda. People who watched every race of every season for the last decade or two can tell that RV was on another planet to Dungey. RV on the gas and taking no prisoners was like watching the second coming of RC.

Let's also bear in mind that Dungey got his run of SX championships after RV called it a day (yes, I remember 2010, that's why I said 'run of').

|

12/2/2017 3:07 PM

mxb2 wrote:

2nd best dude of all time behind Rc.

Barry_Smith wrote:

Amen.

I sometimes have trouble determining whether people are trolling. To even contemplate that people might actually believe that Dungey was better than RV is just beyond me. Sure, count up what ever "stats" suit your agenda. People who watched every race of every season for the last decade or two can tell that RV was on another planet to Dungey. RV on the gas and taking no prisoners was like watching the second coming of RC.

Let's also bear in mind that Dungey got his run of SX championships after RV called it a day (yes, I remember 2010, that's why I said 'run of').

I'll X3 on that one.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/2/2017 3:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2017 3:27 PM

LungButter wrote:

Dungey lovers can make all the excuses they want, the History Books and the video evidence show that RV had RD covered. End of story.

Dunge didn't really go on a tear of wins until after Villo hung up his boots....more evidence of RVs clear superiority.

TbonesPop wrote:

Hard to disagree with head to head results. The only point I think should be made, and I think it is valid is that if Dungey had trained under Aldon when racing RV which would have resulted in RV training under someone else, I think the results would have been different. But it's all only speculation now. Regardless, both were great riders and champions.

Valid point but Villopoto was faster when he trained with Aldon than Dungey was when he trained with Aldon. The only thing is its hard to know what Dungeys all out speed was because he never went there. He was perfectly fine with riding in his comfort level even if it meant getting 2nd, a lot of racers dont have that patience. Most will try to have it, but then when they get passed they freak out and ride over their heads trying to pass someone back. Thats why Eli keeps crashing lately. He knows how fast he is and its extremely hard for riders of his caliber to settle. So now that Marvin is riding out of his mind and that Herlings race Eli rode over his head and crashed. Dungey was fine with letting someone go knowing hell be there at the end. The crazy thing with Villopoto is that Dungey would do that but Villopoto could be just as consistent and still ride at that next level speed that only a few possess. Villopoto instead of settling for a 2nd would accept nothing but a first, get it, and still be there at the end of the season. That was what made him special. Any championship that Dungey lined up to was going to be almost impossible to win, and Villopoto did it many times.

|

12/2/2017 3:30 PM

mxb2 wrote:

2nd best dude of all time behind Rc.

Barry_Smith wrote:

Amen.

I sometimes have trouble determining whether people are trolling. To even contemplate that people might actually believe that Dungey was better than RV is just beyond me. Sure, count up what ever "stats" suit your agenda. People who watched every race of every season for the last decade or two can tell that RV was on another planet to Dungey. RV on the gas and taking no prisoners was like watching the second coming of RC.

Let's also bear in mind that Dungey got his run of SX championships after RV called it a day (yes, I remember 2010, that's why I said 'run of').

jeffro503 wrote:

I'll X3 on that one.

Me too

|

12/2/2017 5:31 PM

Too bad he ended his career with a C class loop out, true champ would've went to Europe prepared for his last season.

|

12/2/2017 5:39 PM

All this aside I’d rather have RDs career. I mean C’mon. No comparison.

|

12/2/2017 6:29 PM

yak651 wrote:

Too bad he ended his career with a C class loop out, true champ would've went to Europe prepared for his last season.

I've seen RC loop out , among a bunch of other great's....what's your point?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/2/2017 6:30 PM

mxb2 wrote:

2nd best dude of all time behind Rc.

rcm406 wrote:

Nah, I would put Dungey in 2nd. More big bike c'ships and more wins!shocked wink

You're drunk. He almost quit because he couldnt beat R.V. Then poto retired and he could finally win a big bike championship.

|

12/2/2017 6:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2017 6:33 PM

Forty wrote:

All this aside I’d rather have RDs career. I mean C’mon. No comparison.

That's like saying you would rather have James' career over RC's. laughing laughing

Don't get me wrong , Dungey's career was simply awesome..BUT....when him and RV raced against each other , for many years....who almost every single time came out on top? You're right.....there is no comparison , just not what you wanted to hear.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/2/2017 6:34 PM

mxb2 wrote:

2nd best dude of all time behind Rc.

rcm406 wrote:

Nah, I would put Dungey in 2nd. More big bike c'ships and more wins!shocked wink

MattyVicious wrote:

You're drunk. He almost quit because he couldnt beat R.V. Then poto retired and he could finally win a big bike championship.

That is 100% true!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/2/2017 6:39 PM

Forty wrote:

All this aside I’d rather have RDs career. I mean C’mon. No comparison.

jeffro503 wrote:

That's like saying you would rather have James' career over RC's. laughing laughing

Don't get me wrong , Dungey's career was simply awesome..BUT....when him and RV raced against each other , for many years....who almost every single time came out on top? You're right.....there is no comparison , just not what you wanted to hear.

Is it?

|

12/2/2017 6:54 PM

yak651 wrote:

Too bad he ended his career with a C class loop out, true champ would've went to Europe prepared for his last season.

jeffro503 wrote:

I've seen RC loop out , among a bunch of other great's....what's your point?

No point, RC went out in his shortened season leading the points, RD went out with a SX championship, RV went out with a loop out. Don't disagree that RV was a badass, but wouldn't think that's how you would want to remember your last race/season.

|

12/2/2017 6:57 PM

Forty wrote:

All this aside I’d rather have RDs career. I mean C’mon. No comparison.

jeffro503 wrote:

That's like saying you would rather have James' career over RC's. laughing laughing

Don't get me wrong , Dungey's career was simply awesome..BUT....when him and RV raced against each other , for many years....who almost every single time came out on top? You're right.....there is no comparison , just not what you wanted to hear.

eh, they were pretty evenly matched until RV got on the new KX, then he started putting it to him. You could make an argument that RD was on inferior equipment, the RM with numerous issues and then developing a new bike with KTM

|