Test rode a TM

brocsdad
3/7/2018 8:17am
racer495a wrote:
I rode one in 2001 and it made my new cutting edge 2001 rm 125 feel really slow. Like you're saying it was soft on the...
I rode one in 2001 and it made my new cutting edge 2001 rm 125 feel really slow. Like you're saying it was soft on the bottom and came on like gang busters. Motor and ohlins shock stood out to me.Sweet bikes. Not sure you can even race them at lorettas if that is a concern?
brocsdad wrote:
Yes they are homolgated. They won the supermini class last year and placed 2nd in 250C on a 125. The kid would have won but crashed...
Yes they are homolgated. They won the supermini class last year and placed 2nd in 250C on a 125. The kid would have won but crashed in a moto
cheers_22 wrote:
No, they are not. That is why they cannot race in SX or outdoors.

They are eligible for amateur racing but they aren’t homologated.
Correct they allowed in amateur racing but not pro nationals or sx.
PierreG
3/7/2018 8:21am
PierreG wrote:
Me and my brother both ride TM. Ive never had any majos issues with them. Never had an Failure. Had one complete wiring loom replaced on...
Me and my brother both ride TM.

Ive never had any majos issues with them.

Never had an Failure. Had one complete wiring loom replaced on Warranty

We had.

MX 300 2001 150+ Hours still going as backup. Factory Marzocchi Suspension

MX 300 2002 150+ hours Sold

MX 300 2010 150+ Hours Before sold

MX 300 2013 120 hours. Sold

EN 300 2st 2015 65 Hours. Sold

EN 300 2st 2015 40 hours Sold

MX 144 2015 20 hours Sold

EN 125 2st 2014 70 hours. Still going strong

MX 450F 2013 60 Hours. Sold

MX 450F 2015 70 hours still going

MX 450F 2015 50 hours. Sold

MX 300F 2016 20 hours still going

EN 300 2st 2016 20 hours. Sold

brocsdad wrote:
So you had no issues selling them? That was probably my biggest concern.
Always trade in with tm importer.
mxtech1
3/7/2018 8:46am
#76 wrote:
How do you go on for parts over there sir?.
We have this thing called the internet where you can usually find anything you need within a few minutes of searching. You send a payment and then some magic happens and a part arrives at your door. Pretty neat.
kaptkaos
3/7/2018 9:11am
#76 wrote:
mxtech1 wrote:
We have this thing called the internet where you can usually find anything you need within a few minutes of searching. You send a payment and...
We have this thing called the internet where you can usually find anything you need within a few minutes of searching. You send a payment and then some magic happens and a part arrives at your door. Pretty neat.
I remember back when i used to race in the 80's...no internet.

We had to look in the magazines, fill out a form, send a check or money order to California and then wait....and wait....and wait....

It took like 6 weeks to get stuff. i would hound the UPS guy every day as he passed my house!

Today its actually quite magical!

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/7/2018 9:22am
PierreG wrote:
Me and my brother both ride TM. Ive never had any majos issues with them. Never had an Failure. Had one complete wiring loom replaced on...
Me and my brother both ride TM.

Ive never had any majos issues with them.

Never had an Failure. Had one complete wiring loom replaced on Warranty

We had.

MX 300 2001 150+ Hours still going as backup. Factory Marzocchi Suspension

MX 300 2002 150+ hours Sold

MX 300 2010 150+ Hours Before sold

MX 300 2013 120 hours. Sold

EN 300 2st 2015 65 Hours. Sold

EN 300 2st 2015 40 hours Sold

MX 144 2015 20 hours Sold

EN 125 2st 2014 70 hours. Still going strong

MX 450F 2013 60 Hours. Sold

MX 450F 2015 70 hours still going

MX 450F 2015 50 hours. Sold

MX 300F 2016 20 hours still going

EN 300 2st 2016 20 hours. Sold

brocsdad wrote:
So you had no issues selling them? That was probably my biggest concern.
I'd think it would be different here in the states vs Europe. Hopefully more guys here in the US will chime in about sales. I very rarely see tm's around here and the few I've seen for sale usually sit for a while
PC
3/7/2018 10:01am
nytsmaC wrote:
Looks good with your numbers on it! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. It’s nice to know that it went to someone who...
Looks good with your numbers on it!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. It’s nice to know that it went to someone who knows how to take care of a bike.

I found tacos in Omak, BTW! It was a great day!
Tacos and Omak are 2 words you don't hear together very often. Did you go to El Portal?
3/7/2018 11:17am
wpark89 wrote:
Few years old but I just picked up Cams 250 MX last weekend. Really looking forward to putting some time on it and setting it up...
Few years old but I just picked up Cams 250 MX last weekend. Really looking forward to putting some time on it and setting it up. I'm coming off 3 06 RM 250s and a 13 250 SX.

Any bike that brings more burritos to the sport is 1st on my podium.
Braaaphole
3/7/2018 11:23am
I really want to put my kid on the TM85, but I can't justify the cost for the level he's currently at. Plus the kid loves Kawi, so we have a garage full of green bikes right now. If he progresses to the point of being competitive though, I'll do my best to get him on the TM.
nytsmaC
3/7/2018 12:45pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Looks good with your numbers on it! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. It’s nice to know that it went to someone who...
Looks good with your numbers on it!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. It’s nice to know that it went to someone who knows how to take care of a bike.

I found tacos in Omak, BTW! It was a great day!
PC wrote:
Tacos and Omak are 2 words you don't hear together very often. Did you go to El Portal?
My bad, Oroville. I always get the 2 mixed up.

There’s a green truck parked next to rhe Napa store, good stuff!
Jrewing
3/7/2018 1:05pm
#76 wrote:
mxtech1 wrote:
We have this thing called the internet where you can usually find anything you need within a few minutes of searching. You send a payment and...
Tell me more of this mysterious land... Is everything fact there too?? And people are smart and sensible? Wow! the world is going to be a better place

My friend Justin loves TM's.
876moto
3/7/2018 1:34pm
I have never in my life heard something that I have related so deeply to.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/7/2018 4:31pm
876moto wrote:
I have never in my life heard something that I have related so deeply to.
Dang straight. I want to live in Burritoville. I want Jimmy Buffett to write a song about the place so it gets shouted by the drunks in bars just before closing time.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/7/2018 4:51pm
#76 wrote:
mxtech1 wrote:
Jrewing wrote:
Tell me more of this mysterious land... Is everything fact there too?? And people are smart and sensible? Wow! the world is going to be a...
Tell me more of this mysterious land... Is everything fact there too?? And people are smart and sensible? Wow! the world is going to be a better place

My friend Justin loves TM's.
You can order parts (with free shipping!) and see naked womens for free at the same time, definitely a crazy place...
wpark89
3/7/2018 4:55pm
Falcon wrote:
Dang straight. I want to live in Burritoville. I want Jimmy Buffett to write a song about the place so it gets shouted by the drunks...
Dang straight. I want to live in Burritoville. I want Jimmy Buffett to write a song about the place so it gets shouted by the drunks in bars just before closing time.
Trust me Senor....you only want to visit BV...you don't want to live there.
brocsdad
3/7/2018 7:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2018 7:04pm
Braaaphole wrote:
I really want to put my kid on the TM85, but I can't justify the cost for the level he's currently at. Plus the kid loves...
I really want to put my kid on the TM85, but I can't justify the cost for the level he's currently at. Plus the kid loves Kawi, so we have a garage full of green bikes right now. If he progresses to the point of being competitive though, I'll do my best to get him on the TM.
Well once you start racing qualifiers and nationals you must throw money at the KX to make it competitive. We had 5 of them and they do handle well but the suspension is dated and the build quality is average at best. With the TM the motor is capable of winning out of the box. You can request the bike to come with the correct spring rate to save on costs. In the end it will cost you about the same either way. Though the TM is better quality and just pure eye candy.
3/8/2018 6:28am
brocsdad wrote:
My son and his friend test rode a TM 125 this past weekend and that's all I have heard about since. They both said the bike...
My son and his friend test rode a TM 125 this past weekend and that's all I have heard about since. They both said the bike was faster than the mod KTM and YZ 125. It has a little less bottom but hit hard in the mid and revved to the moon. They also raved about the handing and the suspension worked really well though it was sprung a little stiff. They couldn't stop grinning after riding the bike.

I was a little skeptical about the exotic bikes but it looks like there will be one in a garage in the near future.

It was good to let you ride our demo bike. The positive response is much appreciated. The bikes have received nothing but positive comments from anyone that has ridden them from young up and comers to 50 plus aged vet class riders. The TM brand is truly a premium bike. We are proud to represent them in the Georgia area.

Solution Machinewerks TM

Alan Utz

eilers434
3/8/2018 2:53pm
wpark89 wrote:
Few years old but I just picked up Cams 250 MX last weekend. Really looking forward to putting some time on it and setting it up...
Few years old but I just picked up Cams 250 MX last weekend. Really looking forward to putting some time on it and setting it up. I'm coming off 3 06 RM 250s and a 13 250 SX.

Good to see you riding on a modern bike haha have you ridden the tm yet?
Jack_Wagon
3/8/2018 3:10pm
#76 wrote:
brocsdad wrote:
Ralph Schmidt moved to the states to promote the TM brand and has solved any parts issues. There are also several aftermarket companies making parts and...
Ralph Schmidt moved to the states to promote the TM brand and has solved any parts issues. There are also several aftermarket companies making parts and several parts cross reference from the jap bikes.

My friend is buying a TM 125 for his son after this weekends test ride. It is supposed to arrive next Wednesday.

So Alan doesn't know you and goes out of his way to let you test ride his bike, and your buddy goes and buys one somewhere else without giving Alan the chance at the sell?
brocsdad
3/8/2018 4:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2018 4:30pm
#76 wrote:
brocsdad wrote:
Ralph Schmidt moved to the states to promote the TM brand and has solved any parts issues. There are also several aftermarket companies making parts and...
Ralph Schmidt moved to the states to promote the TM brand and has solved any parts issues. There are also several aftermarket companies making parts and several parts cross reference from the jap bikes.

My friend is buying a TM 125 for his son after this weekends test ride. It is supposed to arrive next Wednesday.

Jack_Wagon wrote:
So Alan doesn't know you and goes out of his way to let you test ride his bike, and your buddy goes and buys one somewhere...
So Alan doesn't know you and goes out of his way to let you test ride his bike, and your buddy goes and buys one somewhere else without giving Alan the chance at the sell?
I know he did offer to buy the bike we were riding on the spot that day. Though from what I gathered he went with a dealer that is close to the area he travels for work. We were very grateful for Alan letting us ride the bike and have been telling everyone how great the TM is. I will direct anyone asking about a TM in the Georgia area to contact Alan.
yz133rider
3/8/2018 4:27pm
Thats awesome. Sounds like the new tms are killing it
3/8/2018 6:49pm
Just dont let a magazine put it in a shootout. If it comes in last, all the people who say they like it, will all of a sudden not like it. Seen it before many many times.

Post a reply to: Test rode a TM

The Latest