Test Event Highlights from the new FIM E-Xplorer electric racing series!

arebnac
10/19/2022 3:19pm
First things first.... If Rob Warner is IN, then Im IN! One of the best voices in Motorsport!

I know people here are not that into electric racing, but its worth sharing just for the sake of it.
I thought it was interesting as a whole. Graphis were great, footage too... IDK, Im IN haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNd0rgTxMxo
|
USA
Fantasy
545th
10/19/2022 7:49pm
I didn't expect to see maddo doing this. I like it, I'm in. Should be pretty interesting Cool
Leave Us To
10/19/2022 8:19pm
How much do those bikes cost? Looks like fun especially being able to rip in areas typically closed to motorcycles
arebnac
10/19/2022 8:46pm
How much do those bikes cost? Looks like fun especially being able to rip in areas typically closed to motorcycles
I've read something like this:
Around 11k for the electric motion escape and the mtec mugen
Around 16k for the EMX XF30
Not so sure tho. These were some of the bikes on the event. I saw some people talking about the prices on a fb group and they were dutch, converting to dolars. But I believe these are the models
mjskier
10/19/2022 8:55pm
Not sure what particular models the Electic Motion team was running. It is a French manufacturer that seems to be pretty well regarded in the US. Their trial bike has a clutch which most other E-bike lack. So in theory you can "rev up" the bike before an obstacle. I'd be curious to know if you get the same kind of flywheel effect with it that you do an a IC motor.
https://www.electricmotion-usa.com/2022-models

The Shop

C.Worthy
10/19/2022 10:13pm
Shoot, people talking smack about WSX? This takes the cake. This is the cheesiest woke sideshow
raa360
10/19/2022 11:34pm
The Yamaha costs around 18k to buy I believe....

Friend of mine has put a team together and was at the test... They are still developing a race bike for the series and a lot of time and money will go into it..
Add with that entry fees and travel etc the figures will be crazy!!!
Gravel
10/20/2022 5:16am
Too much woke. I’ll watch it if no moto is on, it’s kinda cool for a lot of reasons, but having the team riders racing different tracks means the head to head race we’re watching isn’t really a race. I don’t want to watch a clock, I want to watch riders on the same track.
arebnac
10/20/2022 5:53am
mjskier wrote:
Not sure what particular models the Electic Motion team was running. It is a French manufacturer that seems to be pretty well regarded in the US...
Not sure what particular models the Electic Motion team was running. It is a French manufacturer that seems to be pretty well regarded in the US. Their trial bike has a clutch which most other E-bike lack. So in theory you can "rev up" the bike before an obstacle. I'd be curious to know if you get the same kind of flywheel effect with it that you do an a IC motor.
This guy did a little "review" on the bikes riders were using at the RedBull TKO Electric, a few of them were using this Electric Motion bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHYw-RqdDJA&pp=ugMICgJwdBABGAE%3D
early
Fantasy
2139th
10/20/2022 6:08am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2022 6:08am
mjskier wrote:
Not sure what particular models the Electic Motion team was running. It is a French manufacturer that seems to be pretty well regarded in the US...
Interesting those bikes have a left hand lever to control regen braking so you can have a right foot brake, left hand brake, and free wheeling motor all at the same time. The clutch models have 2 left hand levers, big one is clutch, and one on top and inboard is regen brake.
10/20/2022 6:24am
You “ToO wOkE” guys strike me as the type to bring up politics at Thanksgiving dinner, lol. I thought it was entertaining.
Richy
10/20/2022 6:41am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2022 6:42am
I've got nothing against it, and I'm not gonna talk shit about it, it looks interesting although I don't reckon it's for me right now, but I guess it will progress the electric side of things which can only be good.

What I do wonder, not just aimed at these guys, is why WSX and this as well as some other, start-up or slightly different, motorsports feel the need to do everything but a straight up race of a decent length.

Like these folks doing dedicated split lanes or WSX doing loads of short motos. I get it for Straight Rhythm, but it seems a weird choice for an ongoing multi-round series.

No hate, I just don't really understand, maybe it's just me. I know they want to set themselves apart, but...
early
Fantasy
2139th
10/20/2022 6:41am
Why not re-rack them after a lap on the opposite side so everyone races both sides? They could easily get back to the start from the finish in the span of a laptime and have a longer continuous 4 lap race.
early
Fantasy
2139th
10/20/2022 6:45am
Richy wrote:
I've got nothing against it, and I'm not gonna talk shit about it, it looks interesting although I don't reckon it's for me right now, but...
I've got nothing against it, and I'm not gonna talk shit about it, it looks interesting although I don't reckon it's for me right now, but I guess it will progress the electric side of things which can only be good.

What I do wonder, not just aimed at these guys, is why WSX and this as well as some other, start-up or slightly different, motorsports feel the need to do everything but a straight up race of a decent length.

Like these folks doing dedicated split lanes or WSX doing loads of short motos. I get it for Straight Rhythm, but it seems a weird choice for an ongoing multi-round series.

No hate, I just don't really understand, maybe it's just me. I know they want to set themselves apart, but...
It's to avoid a 20 minute snoozer, and have more concentrated action. Kinda the same reason football is more popular than soccer, you only have to pay attention for a short period of time while the play is going. Not saying it's right hut that's what it is.
MotofactioN
10/20/2022 6:53am
Snore fest. Yawn. If I want to watch power wheels ride around a track I’ll get my nephews to take there’s around the driveway a couple times LOL
TeamGreen
10/20/2022 9:40am
Some of us hear all that “Parity” and “Environment” bullshit and roll our eyes; but, we LOVE the racing.
Muddy Ice
10/20/2022 12:26pm
Fun concept! Much more interesting for new fans than SX or MX. Fits next-gen attention-spans very well. The future looks bright!
Hman144
Fantasy
798th
10/20/2022 1:13pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Some of us hear all that “Parity” and “Environment” bullshit and roll our eyes; but, we LOVE the racing.
I love how they talk about parity, then the female rider skips the big ramp after the rocks and rides over the dirt instead.

What's with the spectator load? There was like, what, 2 dozen people there?

And holy hyperbole Batman- Maddo's interview at the end? "We've been looking for this our whole lives, and this makes my whole career! I'm so stoked!" Really? How much did they pay him to say that. Criminy.

Now get off my lawn.
TeamGreen
10/20/2022 3:49pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Hman144 wrote:
I love how they talk about parity, then the female rider skips the big ramp after the rocks and rides over the dirt instead. What's with...
I love how they talk about parity, then the female rider skips the big ramp after the rocks and rides over the dirt instead.

And holy hyperbole Batman- Maddo's interview at the end? "We've been looking for this our whole lives, and this makes my whole career! I'm so stoked!" Really? How much did they pay him to say that. Criminy.

Now get off my lawn.
You made me laugh-snort-laugh.
USA
Fantasy
545th
10/20/2022 5:36pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Hman144 wrote:
I love how they talk about parity, then the female rider skips the big ramp after the rocks and rides over the dirt instead. What's with...

Now get off my lawn.
"Pre-season testing"
Leave Us To
10/20/2022 7:00pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2022 7:00pm
Muddy Ice wrote:
Fun concept! Much more interesting for new fans than SX or MX. Fits next-gen attention-spans very well. The future looks bright!
Check out the comments that followed your post. Not much enthusiasm but I am with you. Anything that gets people on 2 wheels and having fun I support. Big plus being able to race in areas off limits to ICE machines
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
10/20/2022 9:43pm
early wrote:
It's to avoid a 20 minute snoozer, and have more concentrated action. Kinda the same reason football is more popular than soccer, you only have to...
It's to avoid a 20 minute snoozer, and have more concentrated action. Kinda the same reason football is more popular than soccer, you only have to pay attention for a short period of time while the play is going. Not saying it's right hut that's what it is.
* in America
8tensolutions
10/20/2022 9:54pm
This youtube video was better than the WSX production with 50 million behind it
early
Fantasy
2139th
10/20/2022 10:15pm
scott_nz wrote:
* in America
Yeah, that's true. I've tried to introduce friends and family to motorcycle racing of all kinds (mx, sx, motogp, flat track) and it never sticks. Even guys that watch F1 or NASCAR, Americans are just not that into motorcycle racing, like we aren't into soccer. I don't see this format changing that, its closer to down hill mountainbiking really which also isn't popular from a spectator or fan standpoint.

Post a reply to: Test Event Highlights from the new FIM E-Xplorer electric racing series!

The Latest