Tesla truck

philG
11/25/2019 10:33am
O&GDriller wrote:
You give the idiot too much credit. Eccentric yes, smart, no. Elon thought making electric cars would be a money making venture. All he's done is...
You give the idiot too much credit. Eccentric yes, smart, no. Elon thought making electric cars would be a money making venture. All he's done is cashed in on the American taxpayer who's funded his failed, foiled forray. The man is an ass clown but knew how to get his hands on COUNTLESS SUMS of taxpayer money to fund his ego and failed enterprise. Tesla is out of business, the only question now is how much longer until they turn out the lights. It's impossible to service their debt....
Its refreshing to see not everyone is drinking the Kool Aid
11/25/2019 10:42am
O&GDriller wrote:
Elon and Tesla are broke. The clock is running. You can't burn cash as he is and survive. Even worse, the "real" car makers are about...
Elon and Tesla are broke. The clock is running. You can't burn cash as he is and survive. Even worse, the "real" car makers are about to take control of the miniscule market share for e cars. Note, this "market" only exists in the cities on the left and right coasts. They don't play in Peoria and won't sell in real America. I live in the heartland (i.e., fly-over-country) and I see maybe one Tesla a week AT BEST and I look for them. They also don't have the energy capacity needed to tow my toys the distance needed to make them functional.

On a side note, Elon must really be stressed. I didn't realize he had gotten obese...
Premix wrote:
You sir, with all due respect, are clueless. Head less than 2 hours Northeast from Peoria, and you’ll see more Tesla’s than you can handle in...
You sir, with all due respect, are clueless.

Head less than 2 hours Northeast from Peoria, and you’ll see more Tesla’s than you can handle in Chicago and it’s suburbs. Same as you won’t see a boat in every driveway in Arizona, you won’t see a Tesla in the middle of Yee Yee country. It’s not the market they are after. They’re not catering to the blue collar middle to lower class. It’s meant for short commutes and for folks that like new technology and understand its benefits.

wsmille2 wrote:
And...... they are only building a 2 billion dollar plant in China, where the largest car market is. Clueless is understatement. Pushing out 1000 cars per...
And...... they are only building a 2 billion dollar plant in China, where the largest car market is. Clueless is understatement. Pushing out 1000 cars per week just in this plant.
Loos like he got that design from movie THE WRAITH

early
Fantasy
2212th
11/25/2019 11:12am
The idea that if a vehicle doesn't do everything YOU need from a vehicle or you don't like the styling or drivetrian it shouldn't exist is completely ridiculous.

If you don't like seafood, do you complain to everyone around you when you see shrimp cocktail on a menu?
KHI Guy
11/25/2019 5:33pm
O&GDriller wrote:
Elon and Tesla are broke. The clock is running. You can't burn cash as he is and survive. Even worse, the "real" car makers are about...
Elon and Tesla are broke. The clock is running. You can't burn cash as he is and survive. Even worse, the "real" car makers are about to take control of the miniscule market share for e cars. Note, this "market" only exists in the cities on the left and right coasts. They don't play in Peoria and won't sell in real America. I live in the heartland (i.e., fly-over-country) and I see maybe one Tesla a week AT BEST and I look for them. They also don't have the energy capacity needed to tow my toys the distance needed to make them functional.

On a side note, Elon must really be stressed. I didn't realize he had gotten obese...
Premix wrote:
You sir, with all due respect, are clueless. Head less than 2 hours Northeast from Peoria, and you’ll see more Tesla’s than you can handle in...

Head less than 2 hours Northeast from Peoria, and you’ll see more Tesla’s than you can handle in Chicago and it’s suburbs. Same as you won’t see a boat in every driveway in Arizona, you won’t see a Tesla in the middle of Yee Yee country. It’s not the market they are after. They’re not catering to the blue collar middle to lower class. It’s meant for short commutes and for folks that like new technology and understand its benefits.

I live in the heart of the snowy ass rustbelt. You know, the place where Tesla's shouldn't exist. I see more Tesla's on the road every day than I see VW's or Subaru's. Whether people like it or not, Tesla's are here to stay.

The Shop

loftyair
11/25/2019 5:52pm
L.A. basin, more Tesla's than you can shake a stick at! I could see them, but I couldnt hear them!
racerx317
11/25/2019 6:19pm
O&GDriller wrote:

Premix wrote:

wsmille2 wrote:
And...... they are only building a 2 billion dollar plant in China, where the largest car market is. Clueless is understatement. Pushing out 1000 cars per...
And...... they are only building a 2 billion dollar plant in China, where the largest car market is. Clueless is understatement. Pushing out 1000 cars per week just in this plant.
Likely the only reason they’re building a plant in China is because China will be funding, owning their tech and will ultimately screw them (and the American tax payor investments) over in the long run. My bet is on China bending them over for the tech.... and history repeats itself again, and again and again to those that sell out to the Chinese. Lol... $2B expansion is a fascinating concept. Lol
11/25/2019 6:47pm
O&GDriller wrote:

Premix wrote:

KHI Guy wrote:
I live in the heart of the snowy ass rustbelt. You know, the place where Tesla's shouldn't exist. I see more Tesla's on the road every...
I live in the heart of the snowy ass rustbelt. You know, the place where Tesla's shouldn't exist. I see more Tesla's on the road every day than I see VW's or Subaru's. Whether people like it or not, Tesla's are here to stay.
What’s the rust belt? I live in the snowbelt and there are 5 Tesla’s in town. People here are frustrated and hate then in winters.. range of 80-120miles, heater suckers, our power company now slapped a HUGE tax on us because of the attempt of electric cars and solar panels to gain traction. I should mention in Minneapolis and Duluth plastic bags are now being taxed. What a bunch of dumb asses
racerx317
11/25/2019 6:47pm
O&GDriller wrote:

Premix wrote:

I live in the middle of yeeyee country and there are many of us that both appreciate technology and have plenty of money to pay for a vehicle that makes sense. We’re just not dumb enough to buy a vehicle that isn’t ready to meet our needs. In case you never noticed... a single big ass combine cost more than several suburb houses and on a smaller level for small businesses that often use a little ole dually with a diesel tank that can carry me as long as I want to go and pull a suburb house down if I wanted is worth every cent of the $70k unlike a little 1/2 ton electric vehicle that can’t come close to the ability of the diesel truck.
I get your point that it’s built for commuters that don’t drive very far and have plenty of locations to stop all the time to recharge... but we are talking about trucks. I’m not certain that it’s wise to commute to the city daily in a truck, but I guess it’s also not wise to buy a $70k truck that can’t drive more than 250miles without a recharge or the possibility of trying to drive to the country where there aren’t many recharge stations.
Premix
11/25/2019 7:08pm
racerx317 wrote:
I live in the middle of yeeyee country and there are many of us that both appreciate technology and have plenty of money to pay for...
I live in the middle of yeeyee country and there are many of us that both appreciate technology and have plenty of money to pay for a vehicle that makes sense. We’re just not dumb enough to buy a vehicle that isn’t ready to meet our needs. In case you never noticed... a single big ass combine cost more than several suburb houses and on a smaller level for small businesses that often use a little ole dually with a diesel tank that can carry me as long as I want to go and pull a suburb house down if I wanted is worth every cent of the $70k unlike a little 1/2 ton electric vehicle that can’t come close to the ability of the diesel truck.
I get your point that it’s built for commuters that don’t drive very far and have plenty of locations to stop all the time to recharge... but we are talking about trucks. I’m not certain that it’s wise to commute to the city daily in a truck, but I guess it’s also not wise to buy a $70k truck that can’t drive more than 250miles without a recharge or the possibility of trying to drive to the country where there aren’t many recharge stations.
I get where you’re coming from. For what the Tesla truck is, it dosen’t fit your needs. Nothing wrong with that. The technology, range, and recharge time will all continue to improve. Within 10 years, there will be a truck to fit those needs I bet.

Yee Yee country, isn’t as Yee Yee as you think....17 miles from the nearest supercharger....

racerx317
11/25/2019 7:13pm
racerx317 wrote:
I live in the middle of yeeyee country and there are many of us that both appreciate technology and have plenty of money to pay for...
Premix wrote:
I get where you’re coming from. For what the Tesla truck is, it dosen’t fit your needs. Nothing wrong with that. The technology, range, and recharge...
I get where you’re coming from. For what the Tesla truck is, it dosen’t fit your needs. Nothing wrong with that. The technology, range, and recharge time will all continue to improve. Within 10 years, there will be a truck to fit those needs I bet.

Yee Yee country, isn’t as Yee Yee as you think....17 miles from the nearest supercharger....

Well, I live in Alabama so... that’s not helpful anymore. Nice try though.
Premix
11/25/2019 7:19pm
racerx317 wrote:
Well, I live in Alabama so... that’s not helpful anymore. Nice try though.
God speed, get back to Tennessee.

racerx317
11/25/2019 7:35pm
I searched diesel stations in AL but they force you to pick zip codes because there are too many to just list on a map of the state... so, until E Trucks are useful in the country... I won’t hold my breath and be glad I live where I live in yeeyee country with all the poor folks.
Ryan625
11/25/2019 7:43pm
I see more Teslas than anything these days it seems like, but that is also because I live in Washington. I literally can't go a mile without seeing one.

That being said, I placed my order for the Cybertruck on Saturday
motoGleamer
Fantasy
522nd
11/25/2019 8:24pm
Bogger wrote:
Tesla stock was dropping pretty fast today. Elon's plan to drop the price so he can buy it all up is working.
O&GDriller wrote:

Lol. Show us on the doll where Elon touched you.

Project 2501
Fantasy
288th
11/25/2019 8:29pm
I love motors, 2 strokes, and rotary engines. This will be our second Tesla. Parked next to a diesel, 3 ice vehicles, 3 2 stroke off road bikes, 2 4 stroke adventure bikes and 3 4 stroke road race bikes in race trim. Cool is cool.
motoGleamer
Fantasy
522nd
11/25/2019 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2019 8:40pm
Ryan625 wrote:
I see more Teslas than anything these days it seems like, but that is also because I live in Washington. I literally can't go a mile...
I see more Teslas than anything these days it seems like, but that is also because I live in Washington. I literally can't go a mile without seeing one.

That being said, I placed my order for the Cybertruck on Saturday
Are you sure you want this cybertruck when it can only go 400 miles and accelerate to 60 in 2.9 seconds and will only be able to fit 3 dirt bikes and haul only up to 14,000 lbs? What's gonna happen when your friend who is a commercial contractor needs to borrow your truck to haul a pallet of drywall and he will judge you if he cant close the tailgate all the way? What about when you decide to sell your house and live in a trailer and want to tow it across the country several times per year without having to stop more than twice? Better play it safe and instead get a super duty with 10 mpg and 28 foot length that wont fit in your garage or any parking spaces.
CM_84
1/7/2020 2:42am
O&GDriller wrote:

My god how unworldly can one person be. You do realize that there is literally a whole world outside of Oklahoma yeah? Tesla’s don’t just sell in the cities on the coasts, they also sell very well is Europe, Asia, and Australia.

I don’t like the cybertruck, but appreciate the tech, I don’t think the quality is up to scratch yet, but having driven a Model S and a Model X, i see the appeal.
Just because a car doesn’t appeal to your demographic, it doesn’t mean everyone hates it.

if you know so much, I assume you have shorted your savings on Tesla? I mean you obviously know more than everyone.
bird
1/9/2020 7:11pm
What’s the rust belt? I live in the snowbelt and there are 5 Tesla’s in town. People here are frustrated and hate then in winters.. range...
What’s the rust belt? I live in the snowbelt and there are 5 Tesla’s in town. People here are frustrated and hate then in winters.. range of 80-120miles, heater suckers, our power company now slapped a HUGE tax on us because of the attempt of electric cars and solar panels to gain traction. I should mention in Minneapolis and Duluth plastic bags are now being taxed. What a bunch of dumb asses
Bit dramatic there, eh? I don't have a Tesla, but do drive a plug-in. My spring-fall range drops by about 15% on the coldest days. I've heard Teslas are slightly worse, though I have yet to hear from a MN Tesla ower who hates them. Quite the opposite.
SteezGeez
Fantasy
476th
1/10/2020 9:04am
bird wrote:
Bit dramatic there, eh? I don't have a Tesla, but do drive a plug-in. My spring-fall range drops by about 15% on the coldest days. I've...
Bit dramatic there, eh? I don't have a Tesla, but do drive a plug-in. My spring-fall range drops by about 15% on the coldest days. I've heard Teslas are slightly worse, though I have yet to hear from a MN Tesla ower who hates them. Quite the opposite.
I have a Tesla Model X and I get still retain 90% range during the winter time but most of that is related to my heavy foot passing every other car on the road. And yes for the yeeyee people I still have a duramax as well but jeez. Continue to talk about how your horse and buggy is so much better. People with horses probably always said, they can eat while on the way so you don't need fuel, they are dependable, can go anywhere, etc etc. Charging stations are coming faster than fuel stations did. You won't have to force people to buy electric. They will because electric is better. Granted, I will keep my duramax because I have a 17k pound 5th wheel that I take to Glamis and the cyber truck will top out at 14k pounds but trust me, if you don't think ICE is on the way out, just wait. As the pony express went away, so will almost all ICE vehicles.
wide open wally
Fantasy
3824th
1/10/2020 9:14am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2020 11:10am
My Tesla stock went up 104% in 3 months. Lol. You haters sound salty. Space X and Tesla, future is now!
VoR
1/10/2020 11:55am
Tesla only exists because of all our tax money, not because Musk is smart
He's the greatest Subsidy Truffle-hound the world has ever seen...
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
1/11/2020 9:23am
What’s the rust belt? I live in the snowbelt and there are 5 Tesla’s in town. People here are frustrated and hate then in winters.. range...
I noticed where you live and had to smile. I sell solar and when people ask me if solar is right for everyone, I always tell them "No, not always. Take Minnesota for example, it's covered in snow for several months every year. It'd be a crappy place for solar."

Electric vehicles aren't for everyone, but for the right folks they're awesome. Same with solar, pools in the backyard, dirtbikes, reading glasses, etc, etc, etc.
devotid
Fantasy
367th
1/11/2020 10:42am
As a hobby designer myself, I find it VERY hard to believe with all of the amazing software and manufacturing tech nowadays that this is the best that people can come up with. Car designers for the big companies are a complete joke. Everyone just copies the next company because they are too scared to make a mistake. SUV's are a good example. KIA, Ford, Chevy, GMC and Dodge all look exactly the same. Its really only the Toyotas that actually stand out a bit with the forerunner and the Fj.

This was INSANELY UGLY in the 90's and now it no big deal.

Imagine drafting the prints for the hood on a 57 Chevy with no laser scanner. Designers of today couldn't even carry Ed Cole briefcase.

Natester551v
1/11/2020 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2020 4:28pm
The tech is cool, and anecdotal evidence aside (x number of Teslas in my city), the taxpayer subsidies and debt are unsustainable.

OG Driller is right...even if half the board doesn't think so. Simple economics....
Vet57
1/12/2020 8:22am
Think I prefer the band...
Shaned9326
1/12/2020 10:55am
I went and test drove a model s p90d with ludicrous mode and it blew me away as I’ve had several supercharged hemis but never felt anything like that car out of the hole period!!
plowboy
1/12/2020 11:09am
Premix wrote:

wsmille2 wrote:
racerx317 wrote:
Likely the only reason they’re building a plant in China is because China will be funding, owning their tech and will ultimately screw them (and the...
Likely the only reason they’re building a plant in China is because China will be funding, owning their tech and will ultimately screw them (and the American tax payor investments) over in the long run. My bet is on China bending them over for the tech.... and history repeats itself again, and again and again to those that sell out to the Chinese. Lol... $2B expansion is a fascinating concept. Lol
It ought to be illegal for the Chinese to force all these American companies to build plants in China. (Sarcasm alert).

Post a reply to: Tesla truck

The Latest