11/22/2019 5:59pm
revolutionary, yes...
High Tech, yes...
Cutting edge, yes..
freaking ugly, yes..
Premix
11/22/2019 6:04pm
aeffertz wrote:
This makes me wonder what a hypothetical Lamborghini truck might look like.Guarantee everyone would call it ugly as well (because trucks are meant for good ol'...
This makes me wonder what a hypothetical Lamborghini truck might look like.Guarantee everyone would call it ugly as well (because trucks are meant for good ol' boys on the farm) but there's something about purpose built engineering that makes me almost admire the looks. I've always kinda been a contrarian though, so I'm not even surprised I'm caught in this debate. Grinning
When the Lambo Urus was originally rolled out, I recall seeing a few different truck concept photos. This one always stuck with me as the most “truck” ish.

crispytoast
11/22/2019 6:12pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2019 12:03am
I got a hold of the original designer drawings that were used for inspirational purposes.
oldblood
11/22/2019 6:12pm
aeffertz wrote:
This makes me wonder what a hypothetical Lamborghini truck might look like.Guarantee everyone would call it ugly as well (because trucks are meant for good ol'...
This makes me wonder what a hypothetical Lamborghini truck might look like.Guarantee everyone would call it ugly as well (because trucks are meant for good ol' boys on the farm) but there's something about purpose built engineering that makes me almost admire the looks. I've always kinda been a contrarian though, so I'm not even surprised I'm caught in this debate. Grinning
Premix wrote:
When the Lambo Urus was originally rolled out, I recall seeing a few different truck concept photos. This one always stuck with me as the most...
When the Lambo Urus was originally rolled out, I recall seeing a few different truck concept photos. This one always stuck with me as the most “truck” ish.

You're going to need to change your username to, 'battery cable', or something like that.

The Shop

zippytech
11/22/2019 6:23pm
Until they are common on the street, I would not want to have to sit around parking lots showing it to people.
SEE ARE125
11/22/2019 6:23pm
Premix wrote:
It’s because the generation that is obsessed with social media loves the mob mentality. They’re all “yee yee trucks financed at 21% with 0 dollars in...
It’s because the generation that is obsessed with social media loves the mob mentality. They’re all “yee yee trucks financed at 21% with 0 dollars in the bank and my girlfriend sells cat shampoo” type of people.

Going to be a neat Revolution to experience and watch. Musk is about to write history.
You owe me an iPhone. Just spit my water all over it.

“yee yee trucks financed at 21% with 0 dollars in the bank and my girlfriend sells cat shampoo”

That’s good shit, but the cat shampoo got me. Laughing
aeffertz
11/22/2019 6:31pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
You owe me an iPhone. Just spit my water all over it. “yee yee trucks financed at 21% with 0 dollars in the bank and my...
You owe me an iPhone. Just spit my water all over it.

“yee yee trucks financed at 21% with 0 dollars in the bank and my girlfriend sells cat shampoo”

That’s good shit, but the cat shampoo got me. Laughing
Dude, it reminds me of all those shows you see on HGTV...

"I'm a freelance photographer and my wife makes dog sweaters out of yarn. Our budget is 2.6 million dollars."
11/22/2019 6:39pm
I put my name on the list with the $100 deposit. I think it looks amazing and I cannot wait to quietly jump it over some railroad tracks then tow y’all’s mobile homes out from underneath you.
Silas444
11/22/2019 7:29pm
It's simple: if the intent of the truck is for it to be used in the tried-and-true utilitarian ways pickup trucks are known for, then the shape is not merely foolish and overwrought, it is antithetical. For example, the sharply sloping windshield will be an almost constant hindrance should you need to see a treacherous trail well, the V-shaped roofline prevents the use of a ladder rack, and the bed will prove worthless should you need to haul sheets of plywood or sheetrock. If, however, the intent of the truck is for it to be used as a demonstration of newly-birthed masculinity for rich, sheepish, low-T, ninety-pound, Silicon Valley wonder-wizards whose hands break out in a cold sweat whenever an actual power tool is placed in them, then, well - mission accomplished.
aeffertz
11/22/2019 8:25pm
Silas444 wrote:
It's simple: if the intent of the truck is for it to be used in the tried-and-true utilitarian ways pickup trucks are known for, then the...
It's simple: if the intent of the truck is for it to be used in the tried-and-true utilitarian ways pickup trucks are known for, then the shape is not merely foolish and overwrought, it is antithetical. For example, the sharply sloping windshield will be an almost constant hindrance should you need to see a treacherous trail well, the V-shaped roofline prevents the use of a ladder rack, and the bed will prove worthless should you need to haul sheets of plywood or sheetrock. If, however, the intent of the truck is for it to be used as a demonstration of newly-birthed masculinity for rich, sheepish, low-T, ninety-pound, Silicon Valley wonder-wizards whose hands break out in a cold sweat whenever an actual power tool is placed in them, then, well - mission accomplished.
Not true. The windshield provides a wider FOV and is at less of an angle than a traditonal truck. A ladder rack would just need longer rear posts for the rack to be level and the bed is still 6.5 feet long. I don't think you understand the dimensions of the vehicle since it is so bizarre looking.

tcallahan707
11/22/2019 8:27pm
aeffertz wrote:
Premix wrote:
When the Lambo Urus was originally rolled out, I recall seeing a few different truck concept photos. This one always stuck with me as the most...

This thing reminds of a pet. If there were ever a futuristic Game of Thrones type world, I'd make it my "dire wolf" replacement.
11/22/2019 8:37pm
rehan53 wrote:
The Tesla cars rate so high on safety that they’re off the charts used to measure other vehicles. I’m sure this will be the same. I’m...
The Tesla cars rate so high on safety that they’re off the charts used to measure other vehicles. I’m sure this will be the same.

I’m surprised by the laughs all around the internet. I don’t know why anyone doubts this guy. Version 1 will be great and everything that follows will be better.

Tesla and other Musk companies revolutionize their industries. If you’re going to actually think different you’re going to come out with products that are different.
Premix wrote:
It’s because the generation that is obsessed with social media loves the mob mentality. They’re all “yee yee trucks financed at 21% with 0 dollars in...
It’s because the generation that is obsessed with social media loves the mob mentality. They’re all “yee yee trucks financed at 21% with 0 dollars in the bank and my girlfriend sells cat shampoo” type of people.

Going to be a neat Revolution to experience and watch. Musk is about to write history.
Just like John DeLorean?
Bogger
11/22/2019 8:53pm
Tesla stock was dropping pretty fast today. Elon's plan to drop the price so he can buy it all up is working.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
11/22/2019 9:11pm
I was at a dinner tonight and the ugliness of this truck and the ball breaking the glass fiasco was the muse of the party. I guess we’re all close minded because we think it’s ugly. Blink
Skuzzy29
11/22/2019 9:21pm
I'm just honored my submission won! I worked on it during my entire lunch break!

LewDizzle
11/22/2019 9:44pm
Love the tech, hate the practically of the design. How am I supposed to load a cord of wood in there? A truck is supposed to be a truck. That's not a truck IMO. Can't wait till I get passed on the freeway by some 22yr old driving one lifted on 35's that daddy bought him doing 80mph in a 60mph whom somehow forgot to use his blinker
CR250Rider
11/22/2019 10:24pm
"by the way we also made an ATV"
When does he make a Tesla dirt bike is my question
keinz
11/23/2019 2:01am
robkinuk wrote:
Watch the Tesla intro video where company owner Elon Musk gets a friend to throw a steel ball at supposedly bulletproof window and it almost goes...
Watch the Tesla intro video where company owner Elon Musk gets a friend to throw a steel ball at supposedly bulletproof window and it almost goes right threw glass.LaughingLaughingBlush
It wasn't just a friend friend, it was his chief designerLaughing
philG
11/23/2019 3:22am
crusty_xx wrote:
Good car. But. That designer has to be buried. Alive. What I don't get is where they think the energy will go in a crash if...
Good car.
But.

That designer has to be buried.
Alive.

What I don't get is where they think the energy will go in a crash if the front of the car doesn't give in, i.e. no crumple zone
I genuinely laughed out loud at that .... but you have to understand how Musk works.

Everyone in the design studio will have known its an ugly piece of shit, apart from Elon.
Bearuno
11/23/2019 3:30am
robkinuk wrote:
Watch the Tesla intro video where company owner Elon Musk gets a friend to throw a steel ball at supposedly bulletproof window and it almost goes...
Watch the Tesla intro video where company owner Elon Musk gets a friend to throw a steel ball at supposedly bulletproof window and it almost goes right threw glass.LaughingLaughingBlush
keinz wrote:
It wasn't just a friend friend, it was his chief designerLaughing
It happened - the damage - so easily, the cynic within me thinks they might have put a 'lesser' BP glass (though, maybe it's supposed to just crack etc - I know nothing about BP glass) in to create even more coverage of the release. You know, the old line about "there's no such thing as bad publicity".

As I said in the other thread, I Do like the ramp coming out of the Tailgate.
tzmike
11/23/2019 5:10am
The Lambo truck does look badass. The Tesla ramp (tailgate) doesn't look to appealing to load your ride in wet/muddy conditions
As in "damn I just broke another lever/throttle tube" as your tires and you slip on the ramp and down you go
tzmike
11/23/2019 5:13am
Maybe it's just CYBERTRUCK version ONE. And feedbacks will be considered before production
11/23/2019 5:38am
The body work is supposed to help cut manufacturing costs and speed up assembly time by being simple and angular. Their other production lines were behind schedule for so long.
kkawboy14
11/23/2019 5:46am Edited Date/Time 11/23/2019 5:47am
Rivian and Bollinger electric trucks look way better than that Honda ridgline wannabe boat anchor!
11/23/2019 5:52am
Silas444 wrote:
It's simple: if the intent of the truck is for it to be used in the tried-and-true utilitarian ways pickup trucks are known for, then the...
I just skimmed through some of your comments. Well written, don’t agree with a lot of them but you’ve got magnificent vocabulary. Tip my hat.
Overdrive
11/23/2019 5:54am
It better be self driving because there is no way anyone is going to want to be seen in that..... I couldn't stop laughing last night when the "armored window" broke and Musk gaffed "Oh my fucking God". Thats exactly what I said when I first saw pics of it.......ahahahahaha
rehan53
11/23/2019 6:27am
LewDizzle wrote:
Love the tech, hate the practically of the design. How am I supposed to load a cord of wood in there? A truck is supposed to...
Love the tech, hate the practically of the design. How am I supposed to load a cord of wood in there? A truck is supposed to be a truck. That's not a truck IMO. Can't wait till I get passed on the freeway by some 22yr old driving one lifted on 35's that daddy bought him doing 80mph in a 60mph whom somehow forgot to use his blinker
The truck lifts itself. The bed holds an ATV with closed gate, has a built in cover, ramp, generator and air compressor, and lowers itself for loading. It signals and drives by itself. It’s $39,000.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
11/23/2019 6:31am
aeffertz wrote:
Lots of cool features and would definitely turn heads. It's so different looking, I don't think it's fair to call it ugly though. I like the...
Lots of cool features and would definitely turn heads. It's so different looking, I don't think it's fair to call it ugly though. I like the air ride and ramp.

For the record, I don't love the design, but I like that it may encourage other manufacturers to get more creative with their own designs.
The Other car can do the obsorbing Smile

Post a reply to: Tesla truck

The Latest