Telford off road show today

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2018 12:07 PM

I have been at the Telford (UK) off road show today, saw a couple of forum members so figured the rest of you would like a little look at what we saw...
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

2/17/2018 12:57 PM

Was plenty there to see, that Lackey Suzuki was a bone, in 'as ridden' condition, with a letter of authentication from Brad saying he sold provided the parts that built it. They had 4 stock RM500's in various conditions, from sweet , to rough, all priced to sell, they are onlt 15 mins from me too...

The Kawasaki was 100% original, right down to the stickers .

Lots of stuff that appeared to have an ' i dont want to sell it ' price , a few really nice mid 80's RM250's in the auto jumble looked nice and sold.

Was a great day out, i even picked up some Vertemati parts , which was a bonus.

And nice to see you again, for the second time in a week, get them forks out and cleaned and send me pics.

|

2/17/2018 2:35 PM

The prices seemed more reasonable this year, things seemed to be selling well, it was a very good show this year. Will sort the forks this week, also bumped into my mate with the KX500 frame if your friend still needs one, it’s for sale...

|

2/17/2018 2:53 PM

Sidecar wrote:

The prices seemed more reasonable this year, things seemed to be selling well, it was a very good show this year. Will sort the forks this week, also bumped into my mate with the KX500 frame if your friend still needs one, it’s for sale...

details...

|

2/18/2018 3:16 AM

Great day looking around the show yesterday , and I sold a few bits on my mates stand as well , so a good day all round.

|

2/18/2018 12:01 PM

philG wrote:

details...

Sending you an email...

|

2/19/2018 12:54 AM

Yep good show as always. It seemed bigger and busier to me this year? Always a good sign.

I scored some good parts for the 89 RM250, kickstarter gear assembly and a complete gearbox assembly for £45. Will save me some money! Also got a Race Tech gold valve kit for the rear shock so looking forward to getting that in!

|

@russ_69

2/19/2018 2:23 AM

Sidecar, what the hell is with that picture of the 'Lackey' bike?

Front end looks like it's been run into a wall, giving it a Trials bike SH angle, and the front / top of the tank is morphed into a old Dakar Type tank.

You got some El Bizzaro lense on your camera, or are you getting a bit too bloody 'artsy fartsy' for your own good.?

You Bloody Tripod Racers aren't to be trusted, I reckon........

I really do want to get to the Telford Show one day - every year there are some absolute gems on display. I'm going to go searching for more pictures. I'm hoping to find a non Sidecar pic of the Lackey bike.
|

2/19/2018 4:29 AM

Nothing wrong with the picture, it really was that ugly.

|

2/19/2018 11:41 AM

Bearuno wrote: Sidecar, what the hell is with that picture of the 'Lackey' bike?

Front end looks like it's been run into a wall, giving it a Trials bike SH angle, and the front / top of the tank is morphed into a old Dakar Type tank.

You got some El Bizzaro lense on your camera, or are you getting a bit too bloody 'artsy fartsy' for your own good.?

You Bloody Tripod Racers aren't to be trusted, I reckon........

I really do want to get to the Telford Show one day - every year there are some absolute gems on display. I'm going to go searching for more pictures. I'm hoping to find a non Sidecar pic of the Lackey bike.

Hahaha... as Phil said it was an oddity... made from parts some modded stock some factory, I didn’t get any other photos of it and only briefly read the note stuck to it, Brad himself had a hand in it existing... does he ever chime in on here???...

You need to get over for it, it’s always around the same time of year as the Hawkstone international meeting, the Le Touqet Beach Race and the start of the major out door series in the U.K. and mainland Europe so you could make it a worthwhile moto trip this time of year...

|

2/19/2018 12:43 PM

philG wrote:

Nothing wrong with the picture, it really was that ugly.

No, it was even more hideous in the flesh.

|

2/19/2018 1:46 PM

philG wrote:

Nothing wrong with the picture, it really was that ugly.

Robgvx wrote:

No, it was even more hideous in the flesh.

A lot of early factory stuff was rough, sand cast motors, hand made parts , pre CNC machining. You will know better than me what those mid 80's Kawasaki's were like, my recollection is they were rough around the edges.

|

2/19/2018 2:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2018 2:17 PM

philG wrote:

Nothing wrong with the picture, it really was that ugly.

Robgvx wrote:

No, it was even more hideous in the flesh.

Really - It's that bad looking in reality?

I thought that Sidecar was getting all 'stylish wiv hiz Art' and had morphed 2 pictures together - the up to seat front section a standard view, and the Tank / Forks, a Fisheye view. The Tank height looks like one of those 35 litre Acerbis tanks we'd sell to so many blokes in the 80s and 90s.

Or, that Sidecar was trying to make the tank on this (real / fake?) Lackey bike look like his Weston Beach Race Tank he uses...................w00t

It's a bizarre photo / bike / tank, whichever way you look at it. . The tank's almost as weird looking ( but nowhere near as ' vicious ' ) as that tank extension they did on Thorpe's SR500, decades ago .


PS : is that a "Coke Bottle" type Swingarm on the 'Berg I see? Bormi Parts one?

|

2/19/2018 2:26 PM

That Berg was 1 of 3 prototypes built for Enduro.. Dave Clarke, the then Husaberg importer had it on his stand.

If you are into your Berg's you will enjoy this video.. worth a watch

https://www.facebook.com/daveclarkeracing/videos/822177194610305/


|