TechNiche Cooling Vest - Awesome!!

Boarddesign
Fantasy
2035th
8/28/2012 3:56pm
Here's my review.. I bought one for my son and we went to Anza, it was about 100 F. It worked awesome, he used it all day with great results, never replenishing it with cool water. We then went to Loretta's, he used it under his vented jersey with no chest protector or vest etc. Waiting in line for his moto he looked like he was starting to overheat and started complaining of being too hot. We took it off of him for the next two moto's and he had no problems. The humidity stunted the cooling action if you ask me. We are stoked on it here in Ca. though.
dcg141
8/28/2012 10:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2012 9:30am
Unfortunatly the only thing that works in the humid south is very light, white vented gear and training in it until you get semi used to it. I've been training in it for 2 months now and it never gets any easier. The first day you ride when the weather breaks you feel like superman.
MXEditor
8/29/2012 7:55am
We get some humid days here but not a lot like you guys do so Iwecouldn't test for that...thanks for that input and we may append the review with a note about it.

The Shop

dcg141
8/29/2012 9:34am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2012 9:35am
MXEditor wrote:
We get some humid days here but not a lot like you guys do so Iwecouldn't test for that...thanks for that input and we may append...
We get some humid days here but not a lot like you guys do so Iwecouldn't test for that...thanks for that input and we may append the review with a note about it.
You know its only the monster days where those are not going to work. 95+ with over 80% will overcome everything. We get probably 2 to 3 full months of that. Any break in humidity and those systems work very well.
8/29/2012 9:47am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2012 9:37am
MXEditor wrote:
We get some humid days here but not a lot like you guys do so Iwecouldn't test for that...thanks for that input and we may append...
dcg141 wrote:
You know its only the monster days where those are not going to work. 95+ with over 80% will overcome everything. We get probably 2 to...
You know its only the monster days where those are not going to work. 95+ with over 80% will overcome everything. We get probably 2 to 3 full months of that. Any break in humidity and those systems work very well.
Thanks for the great responses guys!

On those extremely hot and humid days, look into our Hybrid Elite Cooling Vest for pre and post ride cooling.

Pictured here is rider Kade Mosig, he wears the Hybrid Elite during rides and uses it as a pre and post race cool down

View our album for more pictures and if you have any of your own in our cooling products please send them our way!
orangecrush
8/29/2012 12:28pm
I tried one out...Not a fan personally. Never used it again. I felt claustrophobic in it and frankly, any "cooling effect" was minimal. I found better luck just putting my vented jersey in water, then riding with it. At least there was airflow and not a weird, tight feeling vest that I had to wear which acted like a heavy sponge.

Just money down the toilet for me.

I think the original intent for these as shown was for blue-collar workers that are out all day in the heat. I think it probably would serve this purpose, but for MX just not for me.
Tjs5701
9/2/2012 10:55am
newmann wrote:
If the vest works through evaporation, how effective is it in the Houston area with 100 degree temps and 100 % humidity. I start sweating and...
If the vest works through evaporation, how effective is it in the Houston area with 100 degree temps and 100 % humidity. I start sweating and can't stop. Once the clothing gets wet it only gets worse, even with vented gear.

I'm guessing it works a whole lot better in a drier climate.
yzmatt wrote:
You beat me to it. I have yet to hear a decent review of an evaporative cooling vest that works worth a damn in the Humidity...
You beat me to it. I have yet to hear a decent review of an evaporative cooling vest that works worth a damn in the Humidity we face in Houston. I will buy one as soon as I'm convinced it won't make the heat WORSE for me in this part of the world....
gentlemen, you are correct. Evaporative cooling vests become less effective as the humidity rises. Please check out www.coolvest.com for our vests. We participated at Loretta Lynn and got some excellent feedback. No available in sponsors colors.
tobz
9/2/2012 3:42pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2012 3:42pm
I'm a little confused by the naming of the vests. I'd be interested in one for cricket, it wouldn't have to last more than a couple of hours as I could rewet it at drinks breaks, but it needs to be light.
9/4/2012 3:33pm
tobz wrote:
I'm a little confused by the naming of the vests. I'd be interested in one for cricket, it wouldn't have to last more than a couple...
I'm a little confused by the naming of the vests. I'd be interested in one for cricket, it wouldn't have to last more than a couple of hours as I could rewet it at drinks breaks, but it needs to be light.
Hi Tobz,
Let me clarify for you.

Our Evaporative Cooling Vests are branded with the HyperKewl Brand while our Elite Hybrid Cooling Vest uses BOTH Phase Change as well as the Evaporative Cooling HyperKewl.

We, unlike CoolVest offer a variety of cooling product technologies that will benefit you on any type of ride, regardless of the temperature. Let me further explain the various Technologies we have...

HyperKewl Evaporative Cooling - This is a light weight cooling solution that cools through evaporation. Will cool the rider 5-10 hours (2-4 hours on the bike) at 10-15 degrees from the outside temperature. Best used in Dry Climates

Phase Change Cooling - This utilizes Phase Change Pax that maintain a 58 Degree temperature for 3-4 hours. The packs are 30% lighter than water and are comprised of a non toxic chemical formula. These packs do cool through evaporation and thus can be used in any environment.

Elite Hybrid Cooling This uses both our HyperKewl Evaporative Cooling and our Phase Change Cooling technologies. This is the vest used by many high profile athletes including the Honda International MX and Kawasaki Monster Energy Australia teams. These riders have found that having the ability to use both cooling technologies provides maxim cooling before, during and after their riders.

DryKewl Cooling This uses our HyperKewl Evaporative Cooling yet the user stays completely dry due to our water proof liner that the vest is made from. Users will find similar cooling duration from our HyperKewl product line of 5-10 hours or 2-4 on a bike.

KewlFlow Cooling These vests use ice water that is pumped by small tubes found throughout the entire vest. Users can expect a cooling duration of 1 - 1 1/2 hours before the Cooling reservoir needs to be refilled with water.

We are working with Cricket Organizations and closely with Luke Feldman (Queensland Bulls) as we optimize our Cooling Vests for Cricket Play. They can be seen wearing both our HyperKewl Evaporative Cooling Vest as well as our Elite Hybrid Cooling Vest before, during and after match play. For ordering in Australia please visit a Keith Dudgeon Store as they carry our Cricket Cooling Vests in White.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us!
9/5/2012 4:15pm
tobz wrote:
Thanks! I could only find this one on their site http://kdsport.com.au/umpiring-and-scoring/umpire-accessories/hypercool-evaperative-cooling-vest..html Paid for it yesterday, now i play the waiting game....and for summer to kick in...
Thanks!

I could only find this one on their site http://kdsport.com.au/umpiring-and-scoring/umpire-accessories/hypercool…;

Paid for it yesterday, now i play the waiting game....and for summer to kick in.
Glad you were able to find one! Here is a link to the other styles of cooling products for the cricket market:Other Cricket Cooling Vests and products

Make sure to "like" our facebook page as well!
tobz
9/5/2012 4:18pm
that skullcap is an awesome idea! ill see how the vest goes first. very handy when batting in 110degrees
Topsy
6/19/2019 5:06am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2019 11:24pm
Hey guys, hello everyone! I decided to share with you my experience in choosing a vest. Since I ran into this issue for the first time, I could not find anything meaningful myself. But I found one site here that helped me a lot in choosing. Moreover, I learned what are the types of vests and all that. If anyone needs this
link .
I myself chose a vest on evaporative cooling. I often go fishing on a boat, so I am always close to the water, and therefore my vest will always help, because you just need to lower it into the water and that’s all. This is the most suitable option for me, besides for a fairly low fee.

Post a reply to: TechNiche Cooling Vest - Awesome!!

The Latest