Tech 10s... what the hell?!

22Ryann
Fantasy
4098th
10/24/2018 1:03am
Not sure of this is relevant or not but my older style tech 10 I could never get my foot into the boot if I pull the bootie out and put it on first. But If i leave the bootie in the boot it slips in snug. Not sure why lol just my experience with mine.
Roostermx58
10/24/2018 4:52am
nch209 wrote:
At least you got a pair. I sold off my last new pair of the last gen soon after the release of the DHCP model. They...
At least you got a pair. I sold off my last new pair of the last gen soon after the release of the DHCP model. They backed up the date of availability several times now, its really something. A forum member who is a parts guy has been patiently and diligently trying to get me a pair, but when I saw the big moto companies had stock yesterday, I pulled the trigger and was happy. Today, I am sad, as my cash has been refunded and now they are expecting deliver in a few weeks.

Not sure what is up with AStars, but they need to get their act together. These big moto companies must be drop shipping product is all I can figure- but who knows. I have always held Astars in high regard because they treated me SO good when I was a kid with tons of free gear, I feel loyal to buying now that I am an old dude, but they are really starting to loose me.
What size are you? I have some 10's on the website linked below.
ge217
10/24/2018 5:17am
brocsdad wrote:
I quit a few years back to concentrate on my son but he always wore Sidi and recently tried TCX. Both are great boots but the...
I quit a few years back to concentrate on my son but he always wore Sidi and recently tried TCX. Both are great boots but the last A-stars we had fell apart after a few months.
My tech 10’s lasted 6 Moto’s at LL before the rubber on the ankle started coming off. A-star said they would fix them if I sent them out and showed to wear of abuse. After sending pic the said I abused them boots but then said they would fix just that boots and only that rubber part if I sent the boots back.

Spooner
10/24/2018 6:30am
The tack pads are molded into the boot as one piece now so that those can’t peel off anymore.

The Shop

omalley
10/24/2018 7:37am
TallonT911 wrote:
Have you tried putting the bootie on out of the boot? Make sure that fits first and then maybe you can stuff your foot with your...
Have you tried putting the bootie on out of the boot? Make sure that fits first and then maybe you can stuff your foot with your bootie on into the boot?
peelout wrote:
that's how quad racers do it
And Ridgeline drivers...
HenryA
10/24/2018 9:58am
ge217: What a shitty deal. I wonder what they judge as "abuse"...They look mint except from that error. Not the kind of quality and service you expect when you buy a pair of boots in that price range...
bennytree
10/24/2018 10:58am
TallonT911 wrote:
Have you tried putting the bootie on out of the boot? Make sure that fits first and then maybe you can stuff your foot with your...
Have you tried putting the bootie on out of the boot? Make sure that fits first and then maybe you can stuff your foot with your bootie on into the boot?
EHink450 wrote:
Yeah that's how I usually do it. Put the bootie on first then put my foot in the boot **EDIT** I finally got them on and...
Yeah that's how I usually do it. Put the bootie on first then put my foot in the boot

**EDIT** I finally got them on and jesus christ it felt like my foot was in a vice. I'm sending these back. To bad cuz they are sick looking but even if I had a bigger size they still wouldn't be comfortable.
Try the Tech 7's. They are Money!
BReid271
10/24/2018 12:12pm
ge217 wrote:
My tech 10’s lasted 6 Moto’s at LL before the rubber on the ankle started coming off. A-star said they would fix them if I sent...
My tech 10’s lasted 6 Moto’s at LL before the rubber on the ankle started coming off. A-star said they would fix them if I sent them out and showed to wear of abuse. After sending pic the said I abused them boots but then said they would fix just that boots and only that rubber part if I sent the boots back.

I had a pair do the exact same thing after like 2 days of motos, ASTARS fixed them for me but it kept happening. They ended up fixing them like 3 times before they just sent me a new pair. I think they may have had a bad batch or something, because the new ones lasted forever after that!
peelout
10/24/2018 1:18pm
ge217 wrote:
My tech 10’s lasted 6 Moto’s at LL before the rubber on the ankle started coming off. A-star said they would fix them if I sent...

localriders wrote:

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/24/2018 1:34pm
ge217 wrote:

peelout wrote:
[quote][b]localriders[/b] wrote: [img]https://i.redd.it/pqu2k8ufnko11.gif[/img] [/quote]
localriders wrote:

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
ge217
10/24/2018 3:16pm
HenryA wrote:
ge217: What a shitty deal. I wonder what they judge as "abuse"...They look mint except from that error. Not the kind of quality and service you...
ge217: What a shitty deal. I wonder what they judge as "abuse"...They look mint except from that error. Not the kind of quality and service you expect when you buy a pair of boots in that price range...
I was told abuse consisted of using them and it wasn’t a defect since the stitching was not torn. Defiantly not the quality or service I was looking for. I %100 bought the boots 2 weeks before LL. About 5 years ago I broke my heal in a pair of tech 10s, broke the boot. Now these boots were very used, but they gave me a new pair. I’m not sure what has changed since then. They did say to go back to where I bought them, get the distributor to give me a new pair and have them send them back as warranty claim. I told a-star no on that deal, not the shops/distributors fault.
ge217
10/24/2018 3:23pm
ge217 wrote:

BReid271 wrote:
I had a pair do the exact same thing after like 2 days of motos, ASTARS fixed them for me but it kept happening. They ended...
I had a pair do the exact same thing after like 2 days of motos, ASTARS fixed them for me but it kept happening. They ended up fixing them like 3 times before they just sent me a new pair. I think they may have had a bad batch or something, because the new ones lasted forever after that!
Who did you speak with? You can pm the name if you remember. Guy I spoke with wasn’t having it. Legit told me I would need to pay to have it fixed. After letting him know I wasn’t happy, he then said they would just fix that part if I wanted to send them back. I told them it’s just going to keep happing because it’s a repair. I asked them to show me photos of others boots they have fixed, they wouldn’t. I’ve had repairs in the past, looked like something a 5 year old would do.
Gotland Edon
10/24/2018 4:32pm
TallonT911 wrote:
peelout wrote:
that's how quad racers do it
I put boots on , then the bootie and pants last; It is difficult to do but I feel more protected that way
nch209
10/24/2018 4:54pm
nch209 wrote:
At least you got a pair. I sold off my last new pair of the last gen soon after the release of the DHCP model. They...
At least you got a pair. I sold off my last new pair of the last gen soon after the release of the DHCP model. They backed up the date of availability several times now, its really something. A forum member who is a parts guy has been patiently and diligently trying to get me a pair, but when I saw the big moto companies had stock yesterday, I pulled the trigger and was happy. Today, I am sad, as my cash has been refunded and now they are expecting deliver in a few weeks.

Not sure what is up with AStars, but they need to get their act together. These big moto companies must be drop shipping product is all I can figure- but who knows. I have always held Astars in high regard because they treated me SO good when I was a kid with tons of free gear, I feel loyal to buying now that I am an old dude, but they are really starting to loose me.
What size are you? I have some 10's on the website linked below.
11... but looking for the 2019's. :-)

Got a good member here on the trigger for the first white ones that hit the us! :-)
Roostermx58
10/24/2018 5:05pm
nch209 wrote:
11... but looking for the 2019's. :-)

Got a good member here on the trigger for the first white ones that hit the us! :-)
There are some black ones on the site that are the 2019’s but there are size 10, not 11. Sorry!
Spooner
10/24/2018 5:31pm
Looks like all the other colors are being delayed even longer and it’s looking like mid to late December. I’m just as bummed as you guys as I’m very anxious to get in the new boots but I don’t want to run black.

Ge217-how Long has it been since they told you to have the shop swap them with the distributor? I don’t know if that’s ever been their policy once the boots are worn. On new defective the distributor can swap but after that it’s up to astars to fix or replace them. Ryan would be who you spoke with as he handles all warranty claims.
Camp332
10/24/2018 6:29pm
I never had the booty out of the boot. Even after cleaning with a pressure washer i let them in the tech 10 boot.
Stankalonious Bro
ge217
10/24/2018 7:07pm
Spooner wrote:
Looks like all the other colors are being delayed even longer and it’s looking like mid to late December. I’m just as bummed as you guys...
Looks like all the other colors are being delayed even longer and it’s looking like mid to late December. I’m just as bummed as you guys as I’m very anxious to get in the new boots but I don’t want to run black.

Ge217-how Long has it been since they told you to have the shop swap them with the distributor? I don’t know if that’s ever been their policy once the boots are worn. On new defective the distributor can swap but after that it’s up to astars to fix or replace them. Ryan would be who you spoke with as he handles all warranty claims.
I’ve been going around with them for about 3 weeks now. Any reason why they brought it up was bc I let them know I wasn’t happy about having to send my new boots out to get fixed, and also have to buy a new set in the process bc I have races I’m contracted to race. I did speak to Ryan, spoke with someone else also. I just don’t feel it’s right to go through the distributor, it’s astars product no one else’s. Ryan thought it would be better that way so maybe I wouldn’t have to spend 400+ on boots again while they “repair” mine.
jeffro503
10/24/2018 9:05pm
I couldn't ever wear the booties in my tech 8's. They just wouldn't fit my wide feet. So I just always wore double riding socks and the boots fit like a dream. I can't even get my feet into any of the new Tech series boots....just to narrow. I switched to SG10's for this very reason.....and damn glad I did!! The construction of them blow the Alpinestars boots out of the water!
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
10/24/2018 9:24pm
Gearne SG12 or even the SG10’s are a much better built boot, IMO.
I’m not a bootie guy myself, I can’t stand the feeling of my feet being trapped in those things.

Post a reply to: Tech 10s... what the hell?!

The Latest