Tech 10s... what the hell?!

Related:
Create New Tag

10/23/2018 10:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 10:39 AM

Just got my tech 10s and for the life of me can't get my foot inside them (with the bootie on). I put them on without the bootie just out of curiosity and I could literally shake them off of my feet there was so much room so I dont think they're to small. There the same size as my last ones. I see people on YouTube and stuff just put the bootie on and theyre feet just slide right in no problem. I'm so mad because I can't get this same color in the next size cause they stop at 12s in the LE. Unless I get the black ones which I'd rather not have, I'm tired of black boots. Does anyone else have this problem?

|

10/23/2018 10:41 AM

are those the new style? i got mine yesterday and i felt they fit the same way as my old ones but i did noticed the bootie was maybe a little smaller on the ankle part

|

10/23/2018 10:43 AM

Yeah they're the new style

|

10/23/2018 11:04 AM

That sucks, call the factory direct. Tell them your issue.

|

10/23/2018 11:12 AM

you could try to fit in an older bootie if you have one and see if you feel any difference

|

10/23/2018 11:14 AM

Have you tried putting the bootie on out of the boot? Make sure that fits first and then maybe you can stuff your foot with your bootie on into the boot?

|

10/23/2018 11:18 AM

Yeah I tried my old booties but they're the same. Too tight to fit my foot. I have really high insteps so I think that's the problem. Picking out new boots is always a problem for me. And until they're broken in it's always hell

|

10/23/2018 11:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 11:39 AM

TallonT911 wrote:

Have you tried putting the bootie on out of the boot? Make sure that fits first and then maybe you can stuff your foot with your bootie on into the boot?

Yeah that's how I usually do it. Put the bootie on first then put my foot in the boot

**EDIT** I finally got them on and jesus christ it felt like my foot was in a vice. I'm sending these back. To bad cuz they are sick looking but even if I had a bigger size they still wouldn't be comfortable.

|

10/23/2018 11:37 AM

Learn something new every day. I have never put the booty on, then put foot in boot. I just take them out to dry.

|

10/23/2018 11:43 AM

I never had the booty out of the boot. Even after cleaning with a pressure washer i let them in the tech 10 boot.

|

10/23/2018 12:53 PM

Instincts and SG12s only from now on

|

10/23/2018 1:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 1:11 PM

I never understood the purpose of the bootie???

|

10/23/2018 1:35 PM

brocsdad wrote:

No kidding!!!

I have always had great luck out of the Tech 10s and seem to last for the money. I have terrible ankles and the support seems to be right on point. But for the life of me......Why the bootie?? Every year when they come out with there new line, I hold out hope this will be the year they do away with that set up..

|

10/23/2018 1:39 PM

brocsdad wrote:

More ankle protection. I feel way, way safer in Tech 10s compared to Fox Instincts.

|

10/23/2018 1:42 PM

brocsdad wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

More ankle protection. I feel way, way safer in Tech 10s compared to Fox Instincts.

I'm not a fan of the bootie.

|

10/23/2018 1:44 PM

brocsdad wrote:

yz25 wrote:

No kidding!!!

I have always had great luck out of the Tech 10s and seem to last for the money. I have terrible ankles and the support seems to be right on point. But for the life of me......Why the bootie?? Every year when they come out with there new line, I hold out hope this will be the year they do away with that set up..

I quit a few years back to concentrate on my son but he always wore Sidi and recently tried TCX. Both are great boots but the last A-stars we had fell apart after a few months.

|

10/23/2018 1:58 PM

TallonT911 wrote:

that's how quad racers do it

|

10/23/2018 2:07 PM

EHink450 wrote:

And Sidi's!

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

10/23/2018 2:14 PM

EHink450 wrote:

Myke wrote:

And Sidi's!

.....if your foot is narrow

|

10/23/2018 2:16 PM

I have hardly ever been able to get them on by going bootie and then into the boot. IMO it's wayyy easier to just undo the bootie slide your foot in and simultaneously pull up on the tongue of the bootie, once inside strap the bootie and then the outside buckles.

|

10/23/2018 2:37 PM

TallonT911 wrote:

peelout wrote:

that's how quad racers do it

I’m Offroad not quad god lol.
I don’t do it that way, and I wear Sidis now anyway, just trying to help the guy out ha

|

10/23/2018 2:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 2:44 PM

Tech 7s if you have a slightly wider foot, but insist on having A'stars. Sure they aren't Tech10s, but they're damn near as good and way more comfortable without making your foot fall asleep while riding.

That is unless you have dainty little girls feet. smile

|

10/23/2018 3:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 3:22 PM

dutch_rider wrote:

I never had the booty out of the boot. Even after cleaning with a pressure washer i let them in the tech 10 boot.

How do you get your foot in the bootie without undoing the strap unless your boots are way too big? Guess I’ve never tried it but after scrolling down some more in the thread, apparently it’s not all that uncommon. I remove mine every time to air them out and clean my boots.

|

10/23/2018 3:20 PM

I’ve tried on the new version of the tech 10. Anytime I have a new pair I put the booty on first and slide my foot into the boot like 3/4 of the way in until it gets tight. Then I literally stomp my foot/heel down and it slides right in. Until the shell breaks in a bit that works great.

One of the biggest reason of the booty is to put the brace as close to your ankle as possible. Think of it like a knee brace, you wear them under your pants to get them against your knee. It give you the most protection that way.

Did the boots feel ok once you had them on? Also always make sure the buckles are all the way undone, I’d say the lowest buckle isn’t separated it makes it way harder to get your foot in.

|

10/23/2018 3:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 3:26 PM

Oops

|

10/23/2018 4:37 PM

brocsdad wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

brocsdad wrote:

I'm not a fan of the bootie.

Neither an i ...feet feel too suffocated. I like a looser feeling boot helps me move around easier. My tech 6's are pretty tight though.

I swear the best "performing" boot ive ever owned was the fox forma pro circa 2004 i had a pair of the Bubba Stewart ones with the zebra print on the inside and while they didnt offer much in protection compared to a tech 10 of that time, i could feel the bike so much better and grab every shift

|

10/23/2018 4:39 PM

dutch_rider wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

How do you get your foot in the bootie without undoing the strap unless your boots are way too big? Guess I’ve never tried it but after scrolling down some more in the thread, apparently it’s not all that uncommon. I remove mine every time to air them out and clean my boots.

It is possible. I've done it a couple times, but it feels wrong.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/23/2018 4:45 PM

buying boots online is a bad idea...

how can you know it will fit

yout feet are slightly different and boots have a + & - tolerance.

|

10/23/2018 5:08 PM

I don’t remember which was which, but I remember when I wore tech 10’s and tech 8’s, one I could only get on bootie first, then boot, one all at once. Once I was in, everything was great, but it would only work one way. I’ve also got Fred Flintstone feet so results may vary

|

RPM Performance
CT

10/23/2018 5:09 PM

Baby powder

|