Tear offs

Old Mate
Edited Date/Time 4/3/2013 12:27pm
Into the corner 4th, gets up beside 1st on the exit then pulls a tear off and loses 4 positions. Got back and won both motos but the problem is obviously he is definately a rider who wants to see where he is going and i tell him to duck his peek more but its a common problem in the first half of the first lap and he often looses positions. After that he looses no time removing them. Whats the fix?
|
Skunk
4/1/2013 2:40pm
Come on mossy your the coach I say don't start 4th work on starts more. Or maybe they can just slow down to avoid the roost move aside like I do I fucking hate roost how did the boys go yesterday ?
MR. X
4/1/2013 2:59pm
Practice with goggles that are all shitted up , its like the military guys that start a run by dropping a pebble in their boot , they learn how to mentally get over it.
Old Mate
4/1/2013 2:59pm
Jake equal 1st lites and won both pro open, Matt struggled a little.
SwapperMX
4/1/2013 3:29pm
Old Mate wrote:
Jake equal 1st lites and won both pro open, Matt struggled a little.
I saw Jake ride Tivoli club day in QLD the other weekend, and he looked fast. Cant wait for the nats to kick off.

The Shop

Old Mate
4/2/2013 4:12pm
Skunk wrote:
Come on mossy your the coach I say don't start 4th work on starts more. Or maybe they can just slow down to avoid the roost...
Come on mossy your the coach I say don't start 4th work on starts more. Or maybe they can just slow down to avoid the roost move aside like I do I fucking hate roost how did the boys go yesterday ?
I might be the coach of the best Aussie riders Skunk but Aus is a small place and i still believe you can learn off most people, sometimes it might be that you learn what 'not to do'. I learnt so much of Decoster while in the suzuki rig and i learnt so much about team work of Ping. etc,etc. Anyway i just thought with Tecknowlegy [my own new word to discribe new stuff and smart thoughts] today someone might know something or invent something because 2nd corner vision is a little problem for all and a big problem for some.
bobby397
4/2/2013 4:55pm
Don't know if any of us should be giving your boy advise haha, could make it worse
Old Mate
4/2/2013 6:31pm
Sort of need an automatic tearoff realease out of corner 1, just a clear cover realease or something, surely its an invention worth millions hey. dont want roll offs, just a way to see and not have to take the hand of the bars in the first half lap. After that tear offs are fine.
4/2/2013 6:39pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2013 6:40pm
MR. X wrote:
Practice with goggles that are all shitted up , its like the military guys that start a run by dropping a pebble in their boot...
Practice with goggles that are all shitted up , its like the military guys that start a run by dropping a pebble in their boot , they learn how to mentally get over it.
This ^ Nobody needs a "automatic tearoff realease out of corner 1" This is Motocross, not nascar.
CamP
4/2/2013 8:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2013 8:53pm
Old Mate wrote:
Sort of need an automatic tearoff realease out of corner 1, just a clear cover realease or something, surely its an invention worth millions hey. dont...
Sort of need an automatic tearoff realease out of corner 1, just a clear cover realease or something, surely its an invention worth millions hey. dont want roll offs, just a way to see and not have to take the hand of the bars in the first half lap. After that tear offs are fine.
About 20 years ago, I dreamed up an idea for a wireless roll-off type of system that uses a transmitter button where kill switch normally is, and a receiver triggering a electric motor/servo similar to the old electronic photo eye roll-offs. A hands free tear off system would be a huge advantage in the mud. I just figured that most mx racers were too cheap to buy a set of $300 goggles, so the potential sales numbers weren't worth the effort.
4/2/2013 9:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2013 7:49am
Back in the day I would use a Bell "STAR"" throw away taped over the goggles and taped to the helmet with an extra piece of duct tape on the tab so you grab it easily ( worked really good at Carlsbad)
TeamGreen
4/2/2013 9:18pm
Don't laugh...

An old school clear visor extension.

Keep your head down a little bit & look thru the extension as long as you can.
Old Mate
4/2/2013 10:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2013 10:45pm
MR. X wrote:
Practice with goggles that are all shitted up , its like the military guys that start a run by dropping a pebble in their boot...
This ^ Nobody needs a "automatic tearoff realease out of corner 1" This is Motocross, not nascar.
Are you real tough? We use the extension some times in real Mud races Team Green.
tobz
4/2/2013 10:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2013 10:45pm
Old Mate wrote:
Sort of need an automatic tearoff realease out of corner 1, just a clear cover realease or something, surely its an invention worth millions hey. dont...
CamP wrote:
About 20 years ago, I dreamed up an idea for a wireless roll-off type of system that uses a transmitter button where kill switch normally is...
About 20 years ago, I dreamed up an idea for a wireless roll-off type of system that uses a transmitter button where kill switch normally is, and a receiver triggering a electric motor/servo similar to the old electronic photo eye roll-offs. A hands free tear off system would be a huge advantage in the mud. I just figured that most mx racers were too cheap to buy a set of $300 goggles, so the potential sales numbers weren't worth the effort.
Old Mate
4/2/2013 10:50pm
Old Mate wrote:
CamP wrote:
About 20 years ago, I dreamed up an idea for a wireless roll-off type of system that uses a transmitter button where kill switch normally is...
tobz wrote:
I find most the pros dont like the smaller vision area of the roll offs and go for the tear offs instead.
tobz
4/2/2013 10:54pm
They do alot better image than standard roll offs, not sure what the reliability would be like in a 40 minute muddy moto though
CamP
4/2/2013 10:56pm
Old Mate wrote:
CamP wrote:
tobz wrote:
That's essentially what I sketched up. Unfortunately for those guys, no amateur wants to race in the mud, let alone pay 3x more for their goggles. Pros are the ones that could really use them, but they all want free product and get paid to run it. I figured it was a good idea that would go nowhere.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
4/2/2013 11:05pm
Mossy, set up a high pressure hose out of the first turn, have his mechanic line him up and blast his goggles as he rounds the first corner, should be possible at Appin where there mechanics area is right at the exit of the first turn Smile
Old Mate
4/3/2013 2:11am
Back in the day I would use a Bell "STAR"" throw away taped over the goggles and taped to the helmet with an extra piece of...
Back in the day I would use a Bell "STAR"" throw away taped over the goggles and taped to the helmet with an extra piece of duct tape on the tab so you grab it easily ( worked really good at Carlsbad)
Sort of like this, can i run a string to the bars. Press a button maybe.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
4/3/2013 2:21am
i have a couple of friends that have brought these, and they swear by them, the button on the bars makes it very easy, i myself still prefer tearoffs when ever possible, sometimes you get caught with no vision in a tricky section and you lose places,

other than that, practice pulling tearoff might just be the new drill?
Old Mate
4/3/2013 2:49am
scott_nz wrote:
i have a couple of friends that have brought these, and they swear by them, the button on the bars makes it very easy, i myself...
i have a couple of friends that have brought these, and they swear by them, the button on the bars makes it very easy, i myself still prefer tearoffs when ever possible, sometimes you get caught with no vision in a tricky section and you lose places,

other than that, practice pulling tearoff might just be the new drill?
What you mean [ button the bars] what is it? As for new drill i even start kids pulling tearoffs on the trampoline bike.
4/3/2013 4:09am
When to pull a tear off is a judgement call that only a rider can make. Sound to me like he thought it was necessary to pull one at that point, I certainly can't question his call, he's the one with everything to lose.
Old Mate
4/3/2013 12:27pm
Teach him this! wwRCd? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/04/03/rc_176714.jpg[/img]
Teach him this!

wwRCd?

Classic.

Post a reply to: Tear offs

The Latest