Teams announcing new riders

yurcho44
Now that Honda announced the signing of Roczen are others teams going to feel the pressure to announce their deals before October 1st, or did Honda only announce it cause of the leaked photos yesterday?
|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/21/2016 8:25am
yurcho44 wrote:
Now that Honda announced the signing of Roczen are others teams going to feel the pressure to announce their deals before October 1st, or did Honda...
Now that Honda announced the signing of Roczen are others teams going to feel the pressure to announce their deals before October 1st, or did Honda only announce it cause of the leaked photos yesterday?
Teams don't feel pressure because of this. As long as photos of their riders don't appear before they're supposed to (if that rider is coming from another team/manufacturer).
Kuzzy510
9/21/2016 8:45am
Thats definetly the only reason they annouced it so soon.
stackman17
9/21/2016 9:43am
Hey Michael will there be any fallout from Suzuki for the early announcement?

The Shop

Brent
9/21/2016 10:32am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2016 10:36am
I look at it this way:

(1) Honda got more press and eyeballs because it was leaked information. When was the last time that happened with Honda? Oh yea when ML512 posted the exclusive photos of the new 450 here.
(2) Vital MX is a force to be dealt with in this sport, no matter what critics say. All the photos were posted here first and then spread like a virus.

Now watch as other staged leaks start popping up. Guerrilla marketing is where it's at...
9/21/2016 10:35am
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in the Honda conference room when that pic leaked. I mean really don't imagine it would have to hard to figure out who took the pic.

not that I know anything but I would imagine the leak could be seen as a breech of contract by Roczen if RCH wanted to press the issue. But then I would also see Honda covering what ever it cost him since it was someone in their camp.
TeamGreen
9/21/2016 10:52am
yurcho44 wrote:
Now that Honda announced the signing of Roczen are others teams going to feel the pressure to announce their deals before October 1st, or did Honda...
ML512 wrote:
Teams don't feel pressure because of this. As long as photos of their riders don't appear before they're supposed to (if that rider is coming from...
Teams don't feel pressure because of this. As long as photos of their riders don't appear before they're supposed to (if that rider is coming from another team/manufacturer).
No. 1 source of pressure:

Timelines that are written into contracts and whether or not the previous team is willing to let the rider go early...or not.

Post a reply to: Teams announcing new riders

The Latest