Team mechanics logistics for covid race

Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
Edited Date/Time 5/27/2020 6:59am
Thinking of this upcoming race schedule I was thinking about how the teams and mechanics will handle bikes and parts.
For example bringing 2 complete bikes and rotating to extend the time the mechanic has to rebuild. Ride one, a few days later ride the other instead of rebuilding the first.

The other thing I'm thinking about is engine rotation. Usually they send off the used motor to the shop, with this schedule they will not have the time. So do they A bring every engine they have. Or B have their engine guy work out of the trailer?

Also 250 teams will have both east and west on hand? This problem is multiplied for them.
|
Mr. Info
5/25/2020 6:42pm
Overnight shipping with private companies to make sure nothing is lost in the transfer with a central drop and pickup location. It should have already been set up. One bike should last all 7 rounds just moto swap and same with suspension and plastics and parts.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/25/2020 7:33pm
Many of the factory level 250 teams run their engines more than one race in SX, TLD and Husky by example do three races before an engine is swapped. They race and practice on the same spec and the practice spec regularly goes for 15-20 hours. So the race is technically capable of doing the whole thing with no problems. Their West squads will not need a motor swap and East would need one before the Fourth round of their schedule.
brocster
5/26/2020 9:34pm
Thanks ML. Love those little tid bits of info on how the magic happens.

The Shop

Dimblewambie
5/27/2020 6:59am
Another mechanic related scenario that popped into my head, what happens when a rider hauls ass into the pits for a wheel change ala Jason Anderson 2018. There were 4 mechanics getting it swapped as quickly as possible, is that now going to be on a single mechanic with no other assistance permitted? If the team has multiple mechanics jump in and assist, are they going to get penalized? Very interesting hypothetical.

Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
5/27/2020 7:01am
Another mechanic related scenario that popped into my head, what happens when a rider hauls ass into the pits for a wheel change ala Jason Anderson...
Another mechanic related scenario that popped into my head, what happens when a rider hauls ass into the pits for a wheel change ala Jason Anderson 2018. There were 4 mechanics getting it swapped as quickly as possible, is that now going to be on a single mechanic with no other assistance permitted? If the team has multiple mechanics jump in and assist, are they going to get penalized? Very interesting hypothetical.

Im guessing it'll only be one mechanic for obvious reasons. The same for everyone.

shuggs
5/27/2020 7:57am
Another mechanic related scenario that popped into my head, what happens when a rider hauls ass into the pits for a wheel change ala Jason Anderson...

Rider can help too?? Some of them would be capable
loftyair
5/27/2020 7:58am
I thought they were testing first, so why also distancing?

Post a reply to: Team mechanics logistics for covid race

The Latest