Team USA is...

8/15/2009 9:45pm
C team? Dungey is pretty damn good 450 rider if not better dare I say than on a 250F. Weimer is a good 250F rider, I think a lot of thought process went into this team, hearing as how the track is SX like!!
premixer
8/15/2009 10:02pm
GuyB wrote:
Dungey (MX1), Tedesco (MX3), and Jake Weimer (MX2).
He is a SX only rider now. Why send him to the MXdN.
cpj36
8/15/2009 10:06pm
can't miss an arenacross just for mxdn. maybe next year he can do both since they'll be so close.
DV-67
8/15/2009 11:15pm
GuyB wrote:
Short should have been chosen before IT.
He has been the most consistent guy over the last couple of years.

The Shop

mumhra
8/16/2009 1:19am
mohammed wrote:
I willing to bet they wont podium let alone win. The speed is not there for team america. Dungey is not a 450 rider and tedesco...
I willing to bet they wont podium let alone win. The speed is not there for team america. Dungey is not a 450 rider and tedesco is not up to par with the 450 gp riders, as for wiemer i dont know what to expect as the mx2 class in europe is not so deep, he might be a suprise or a bust.
I don't agree Mo. This is not the best team possible for the USA but it is a solid one. Dungey will be fast on his 450, very fast. It looks like the track will suit both Dungey and Weimer so Weimer will be up there as well. And IT probably will be the weakest link on the team but all he needs to do is put in 1 decent result and team USA is up there for a podium finish, maybe a win.

Look at other country's. Belgium has Desalle, Ramon and Roelants. 2 very good riders and 1 rider that is not so high up the rankings in the world championships standings.
Same goes for Italy. WIth Cairoli and Phillipaerts they have 2 champions but Monni is their weak link.
France has to do it without the Pourcels. Musquin is very good but Aubin does not look so strong as last year and i have no idea what Paulin is going to do. He can win but he can also finish back in the pack. He's a strange rider.
Australia looks like the team to beat this year. They are the only country that is there with their best team possible.

It looks like it is going to be a very good mx of nations this year. Other years it was almost certain that team USA was going to come out victorious. This year it does not look like that but don't count them out just yet. They are still in the running and i wish them all the best.
41NDT
8/16/2009 2:59am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2009 3:00am
Wharton got dicked
mxtryon231 wrote:
he is in his first full season this year right? he is a hell of a rider, but like picking Hot Sauce over Hahn, it is...
he is in his first full season this year right? he is a hell of a rider, but like picking Hot Sauce over Hahn, it is more about experience in this event.

Plus, Monster Energy Pro-Circuit HAD to be involved somehow right?Grinning
Bingo Tryon
jtomasik
8/16/2009 3:44am
I would've rather seen Barcia in place of Tabasco; might as well get ready for next year.
DrSweden
8/16/2009 3:52am
Wow cool! Go team USA! Sure one can debate forever what is the best mix, but I'm pretty sure those doing this selection didn't do this over a few drinks.

Top three solid team, and I wouldn't dare to bet much cash against a win and as BoobM says, cold sauce will probably become hot sauce at times like these! Smile
jtomasik
8/16/2009 4:02am
DrSweden wrote:
Wow cool! Go team USA! Sure one can debate forever what is the best mix, but I'm pretty sure those doing this selection didn't do this...
Wow cool! Go team USA! Sure one can debate forever what is the best mix, but I'm pretty sure those doing this selection didn't do this over a few drinks.

Top three solid team, and I wouldn't dare to bet much cash against a win and as BoobM says, cold sauce will probably become hot sauce at times like these! Smile
Don't trust this guy. He's a part of the communist conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids!

jbomx363
8/16/2009 5:51am
mumhra wrote:
I don't agree Mo. This is not the best team possible for the USA but it is a solid one. Dungey will be fast on his...
I don't agree Mo. This is not the best team possible for the USA but it is a solid one. Dungey will be fast on his 450, very fast. It looks like the track will suit both Dungey and Weimer so Weimer will be up there as well. And IT probably will be the weakest link on the team but all he needs to do is put in 1 decent result and team USA is up there for a podium finish, maybe a win.

Look at other country's. Belgium has Desalle, Ramon and Roelants. 2 very good riders and 1 rider that is not so high up the rankings in the world championships standings.
Same goes for Italy. WIth Cairoli and Phillipaerts they have 2 champions but Monni is their weak link.
France has to do it without the Pourcels. Musquin is very good but Aubin does not look so strong as last year and i have no idea what Paulin is going to do. He can win but he can also finish back in the pack. He's a strange rider.
Australia looks like the team to beat this year. They are the only country that is there with their best team possible.

It looks like it is going to be a very good mx of nations this year. Other years it was almost certain that team USA was going to come out victorious. This year it does not look like that but don't count them out just yet. They are still in the running and i wish them all the best.
Best post yet.

I doubt the win will go to USA, but like anyone else(here in the States), I'm rooting them on to do so.
DaRacer
8/16/2009 6:20am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2009 6:24am
It's nice to see a change,these are solid racer's and good guy's.Jake will represent what Idaho and the USA has to offer,it's also good to see that we have the race over here next year and I think Thunder Valley is a great location.
Ozzy
8/16/2009 7:41am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:34am
Funny these message boards!
Always the "opinion orgy"......
Look there's to the right,
then to the left, then back again,
opinions on riders selected!
RD & Co. aren't stupid.
Sure they could be right, &
quickly wrong, yet for me I respect
the choices & wish 'em well.
All involved are fully aware this isn't
our "A Team", as injuries have taken a toll.
Will it be tough, sure.
Easy, no way!
But they'll go to win.
Go USA!Woohoo
Dave O.Wink
curmudgeon
8/16/2009 7:48am
Ozzy wrote:
Funny these message boards! Always the "opinion orgy"...... Look there's to the right, then to the left, then back again, opinions on riders selected! RD &...
Funny these message boards!
Always the "opinion orgy"......
Look there's to the right,
then to the left, then back again,
opinions on riders selected!
RD & Co. aren't stupid.
Sure they could be right, &
quickly wrong, yet for me I respect
the choices & wish 'em well.
All involved are fully aware this isn't
our "A Team", as injuries have taken a toll.
Will it be tough, sure.
Easy, no way!
But they'll go to win.
Go USA!Woohoo
Dave O.Wink
"opinion orgy"

I like that one.
sharkey
8/16/2009 8:26am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2009 8:28am
mohammed wrote:
I willing to bet they wont podium let alone win. The speed is not there for team america. Dungey is not a 450 rider and tedesco...
I willing to bet they wont podium let alone win. The speed is not there for team america. Dungey is not a 450 rider and tedesco is not up to par with the 450 gp riders, as for wiemer i dont know what to expect as the mx2 class in europe is not so deep, he might be a suprise or a bust.
mumhra wrote:
I don't agree Mo. This is not the best team possible for the USA but it is a solid one. Dungey will be fast on his...

chris pourcel is racing for france isnt he?i like that 2 new guys will be going over there so thats cool for dungey and weimer. dungey was going for sure so that was never a question
JW381
8/16/2009 8:27am
sharkey wrote:
chris pourcel is racing for france isnt he?i like that 2 new guys will be going over there so thats cool for dungey and weimer. dungey...
chris pourcel is racing for france isnt he?i like that 2 new guys will be going over there so thats cool for dungey and weimer. dungey was going for sure so that was never a question
the word is no, because he will be signing with a new team right around the time of the big race, and will not have time to test on his new ride.
redalert144
Fantasy
3058th
8/16/2009 8:34am
JW381 wrote:
the word is no, because he will be signing with a new team right around the time of the big race, and will not have time...
the word is no, because he will be signing with a new team right around the time of the big race, and will not have time to test on his new ride.
that is incorrect, he's getting shoulder surgery
mumhra
8/16/2009 9:22am
Chris is not racing for France. I have no idea why not but i do know that he is not racing.
Team France will be Musquin, Aubin and Gautier. 3 guys that normally ride the MX2 world championship. I don't know who will ride the MX1 and i also don't know if the guy that is going to ride the open class will race a 250F or a 450F.

mmm... after reading that i must conclude that i don't know much about team France :D . Maybe Mo can help us out here...
KMC440
8/16/2009 9:51am
Tough cal on our chances, this is not a slamdunk for sure, BUT we know our riders that are chosen take this race seriousl. I think even more so than at times in the past. That being said I do bleed red, white and blue but this race in Italy is going to be tough for any USA team.

An earlier question was raised on the possibility of running under the lights at Lakewood. I doubt the FIM would allow it considering most Euro racers have never raced in those conditions.
`ol Ger
8/16/2009 9:51am
We're hosed.

Hope they have fun,

g
curmudgeon
8/16/2009 10:48am
`ol Ger wrote:
We're hosed.

Hope they have fun,

g
Ye of little faith.
mohammed
8/16/2009 11:04am
mumhra wrote:
Chris is not racing for France. I have no idea why not but i do know that he is not racing. Team France will be Musquin...
Chris is not racing for France. I have no idea why not but i do know that he is not racing.
Team France will be Musquin, Aubin and Gautier. 3 guys that normally ride the MX2 world championship. I don't know who will ride the MX1 and i also don't know if the guy that is going to ride the open class will race a 250F or a 450F.

mmm... after reading that i must conclude that i don't know much about team France :D . Maybe Mo can help us out here...
France doesnt look good without the pourcel bros racing, as christophe is getting surgery after the mx season and his bro wont be ready. so aubin who can ride a 450 hasnt shown much this year in the mx2 class. i would of liked to see pichon in the open class but know talk of that and DV well hes a has been.
mohammed
8/16/2009 11:09am
maybe so but this year i have a much more realistic chance.
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
8/16/2009 11:38am
mohammed wrote:
maybe so but this year i have a much more realistic chance.
Reed vs Dungey vs AC in MX1 on a supercross looking track.
Dungeys biggest comp will be Reed. Smile
Rudicross
8/16/2009 12:01pm
Reed vs Dungey vs Ac vs Desalle vs Nagl vs Baragan Cheerful
A little bit supercrossy or not ... it's going to be a stunning MXON Smile
TerryK
8/16/2009 12:02pm
Team Canada for the win!!!! ............*yawn.....*cough*....*scratch*.........what the?......where am I?.........*blink blink*....... oh shit, it was only a dream. Sad ....
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
8/16/2009 12:09pm
TerryK wrote:
Team Canada for the win!!!! ............*yawn.....*cough*....*scratch*.........what the?......where am I?.........*blink blink*....... oh shit, it was only a dream. Sad ....
Terry,If for some reason a mysterious ICE/SNOW storm hit's Italy , the Canadians will have this one in the bag! Smile
TerryK
8/16/2009 12:18pm
FastEddy wrote:
Terry,If for some reason a mysterious ICE/SNOW storm hit's Italy , the Canadians will have this one in the bag! Smile
Can we use studded tires??
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
8/16/2009 12:36pm
GuyB wrote:
I bet if the Canadian boys sweetened up ole Wolfgang with a case of Labatt's Blue and good bottle of Canadian whiskey, it could happen.
Shocker
8/16/2009 2:16pm
Could shape up to be one of the best DesNations ever... Who is the third rider for Australia, I'd say they are lookin' pretty good right about now!
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
8/16/2009 2:18pm
Shocker wrote:
Could shape up to be one of the best DesNations ever... Who is the third rider for Australia, I'd say they are lookin' pretty good right...
Could shape up to be one of the best DesNations ever... Who is the third rider for Australia, I'd say they are lookin' pretty good right about now!
Reed
Burner
Metty !!!

Post a reply to: Team USA is...

The Latest