Team Fried/USA in Europe: MXdN

aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
9/19/2019 3:26am
Bnagazina wrote:
With no Canadian team, I feel really good about throwing my support to team USA. The vids show that they are progressing and coming together and...
With no Canadian team, I feel really good about throwing my support to team USA. The vids show that they are progressing and coming together and I enjoy the different personalities of the team fried group. It is starting to get good!
I already have one team to follow this year, but Ill be cheering on the U.S team for sure, all due to these video's Smile

Great riders, already big fans of both, and the behind the scenes insight along with the work that they are putting in, how could you not want them to do well.

Guess in a dream world, it is Australia on the top step and the U.S on the second step Tongue
RG1
9/19/2019 3:41am
You can see the improvement from the first video to the latest footage. As I’ve said before, always difficult to tell where they stack up, but they look comfortable and I expect them to put up good results next weekend
creature654
Fantasy
79th
9/19/2019 4:17am
When you rank the 450 riders obv it’s clear that 84 is #1, who knows with Prado and his team is shit so I’ll exclude him, JA and ZO are clearly better than the rest of the gp guys, and with prado out I’d put Cooper in front of the rest of the mx2 guys non of them would be top 5 in AMA....the only reason USA isn’t the heavy favorite is cuz of the failures in recent years, on paper this team is way better than Holland
9/19/2019 4:48am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2019 4:53am
When you rank the 450 riders obv it’s clear that 84 is #1, who knows with Prado and his team is shit so I’ll exclude him...
When you rank the 450 riders obv it’s clear that 84 is #1, who knows with Prado and his team is shit so I’ll exclude him, JA and ZO are clearly better than the rest of the gp guys, and with prado out I’d put Cooper in front of the rest of the mx2 guys non of them would be top 5 in AMA....the only reason USA isn’t the heavy favorite is cuz of the failures in recent years, on paper this team is way better than Holland
😂spot on, just dont get how such a great team on paper needed too be here a month early

The Shop

9/19/2019 4:53am
When you rank the 450 riders obv it’s clear that 84 is #1, who knows with Prado and his team is shit so I’ll exclude him...
Blackdog89 wrote:
😂spot on, just dont get how such a great team on paper needed too be here a month early
9/19/2019 5:10am
On an regular dirt track I would say USA is the favorite, but in this situation they are not.

All three of the Netherlands team could beat all three of the US guys, BUT we will see what happens.
9/19/2019 5:17am
Please put some more respect on the GP riders names I beg you, saying that there “clearly faster” is a insult to those guys.
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
9/19/2019 5:26am
The last decades, even the years after 2012, Team USA was the heavy favourite in my opinion.
But after they received a RED BUTT on homesoil in RED BUD (sorry I couldn't resist, no harm intended), this may have changed a LITTLE bit.

But this year, on this track, your guys are well in the mix, and will on paper at least end up on the podium. But to state that they are all clearly better than the (leftover) GP riders is just pure ignorance.
9/19/2019 5:52am
You're ill, Coldenhoff will own JA and ZO in Assen. And don't count out guys like Jerre van Horebeek, Gautier Paulin and Pauls Jonass in the sand.
DeStouwer
9/19/2019 6:00am
This weekend there's a beachrace in Loon-Plage (France). There are rumours the American squad will line up along these entries:

- Jeffrey Herlings
- Tom Koch
- Jeffrey Dewulf
- Petar Petrov
- Tom Guyon
- Steve Ramon
- Cédric Soubeyras
- Camille Chapelière
- Daymond Martens
- Stéphane Watel
- Florian Miot
- Mathéo Miot
- Todd Kellett
- Jérémy Hauquier
- Richard Fura
LVB107
Fantasy
2535th
9/19/2019 6:03am
The Hoff his laptime this morning in Veldhoven was 1.26
Press516
Fantasy
126th
9/19/2019 6:03am
While your exuberance is entertaining, it is a bit misplaced... The reason isn't as much recent results as it is the overall situation this year. NLD at home, only team with all 3 'best" riders on the team, track conditions favor their riding style, etc.

Although I wouldn't say it like you did, next year in Ernee, all other things being equal, I'm confident that the USA would be the favorites... But next year the injury bug might produce a completely different situation with teams, so we'll see when we get there.

Cooper is a better starter than Vlaandaren and that alone might be what we are talking about after this MXoN. If Cooper's best finish is 5 positions better than Vlaadaren's best finish (could easily happen) and the other guys just do what they need to so and finish near the front, suddenly the math is VERY interesting.
Camp332
9/19/2019 6:45am
I foresee the excuse "well they had a full month in Europe to prepare" if team USA wins. Laughing lets gooo!
peltier626
9/19/2019 6:51am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2019 6:55am
and they said this race is irrelevant.
motomike137
9/19/2019 6:51am
I am loving the vibe from this whole thing. For some reason it reminds me of our teams from way back in the day before we went on our two decade run of dominance. These guys are the underdogs and are having a lot of fun with it while quietly acclimating themselves to the environment over "there". I think they will really do well and I cannot wait to watch the race!
RG1
9/19/2019 6:58am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2019 7:02am
LVB107 wrote:
How was the track in comparison to when you, Anderson and Osborne rode it the other day?
Barrett57
9/19/2019 6:59am
Camp332 wrote:
I foresee the excuse "well they had a full month in Europe to prepare" if team USA wins. Laughing lets gooo!
I'm not so sure, I don't think team USA has ever been so popular.

Even me, a card carrying member of the red coat mafia would love to see them win.
9/19/2019 7:03am
LVB107 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
How was the track in comparison to when you, Anderson and Osborne rode it the other day?
right lol, 5 seconds a lap, Jesus. Maybe he took a shortcut LOL
creature654
Fantasy
79th
9/19/2019 7:05am
I’ve been watching the gps all year long..Hoff is winning because of all the injuries and gasjer has checked out as he should after accomplishing the ultimate goal, seewer and jonass are impressive but there’s nooooo fucking way theyd be top 5 at southwick or WW in the US, which makes me think that ZO and JA probably would have a few GP wins a piece if they raced the whole circuit. I honesty think If you replaced Prado with Jcoop maybe he would have won like one less moto than Jorge in mx2...I get it, it’s sand, all 3 riders killed it at the sand rounds except for team fried at the wick but he’s a savage and probably thinks about that moto where he pushed herlings so hard that he cracked him, ended up winning by like 10 seconds only to get landed on every single night....never was a fan of the team last year, this is the year the losing streak ends and the US tidal wave washes out that little flat sand box
RG1
9/19/2019 7:12am
LVB107 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
right lol, 5 seconds a lap, Jesus. Maybe he took a shortcut LOL
Maybe Laughing Track conditions are everything when it comes to stuff like that. Not unusual to see that much variant in times on sand track with track conditions. But if conditions are similar then that’s slightly concerning
Crossup
9/19/2019 7:17am
karsmakers wrote:
Instead of being a dick you could comment on the content. I am impressed with Justin Cooper from what I saw in the video...full momentum and...
Instead of being a dick you could comment on the content. I am impressed with Justin Cooper from what I saw in the video...full momentum and feet on the pegs. Perhaps some of our Euro friends could comment on the fastest way to ride the deep sand
I remember a podcast with Marc De Reuver just after last years MXdN at Red Bud where he was commenting on what he saw wrong with the US riders in the sand from his perspective. He was saying that the US riders were coming into the turns too fast, crashing the berms and killing their momentum, then riding out of the turns slower than the others. He said that "to be fast in the sand, you have to come in slow to go out fast." Made a lot of sense to me (not a sand rider) that you can lose tons of time collectively over a lap.
9/19/2019 7:22am
LVB107 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
I’m guessing it was rough, can’t see Coldenhoff riding when it’s smooth.
9/19/2019 7:23am
I’ve been watching the gps all year long..Hoff is winning because of all the injuries and gasjer has checked out as he should after accomplishing the...
I’ve been watching the gps all year long..Hoff is winning because of all the injuries and gasjer has checked out as he should after accomplishing the ultimate goal, seewer and jonass are impressive but there’s nooooo fucking way theyd be top 5 at southwick or WW in the US, which makes me think that ZO and JA probably would have a few GP wins a piece if they raced the whole circuit. I honesty think If you replaced Prado with Jcoop maybe he would have won like one less moto than Jorge in mx2...I get it, it’s sand, all 3 riders killed it at the sand rounds except for team fried at the wick but he’s a savage and probably thinks about that moto where he pushed herlings so hard that he cracked him, ended up winning by like 10 seconds only to get landed on every single night....never was a fan of the team last year, this is the year the losing streak ends and the US tidal wave washes out that little flat sand box
Nurse !
Crossup
9/19/2019 7:23am
DeStouwer wrote:
This weekend there's a beachrace in Loon-Plage (France). There are rumours the American squad will line up along these entries: - Jeffrey Herlings - Tom Koch...
This weekend there's a beachrace in Loon-Plage (France). There are rumours the American squad will line up along these entries:

- Jeffrey Herlings
- Tom Koch
- Jeffrey Dewulf
- Petar Petrov
- Tom Guyon
- Steve Ramon
- Cédric Soubeyras
- Camille Chapelière
- Daymond Martens
- Stéphane Watel
- Florian Miot
- Mathéo Miot
- Todd Kellett
- Jérémy Hauquier
- Richard Fura
Hey, if know or find out if this race is going to be broadcast online somehere, it would be great if you could post a link. Cheerful
RG1
9/19/2019 7:24am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2019 7:27am
LVB107 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
I’m guessing it was rough, can’t see Coldenhoff riding when it’s smooth.
Yeah I agree. Either way, there’s nothing Team USA can do about how fast anyone else is. They’re gonna turn up in Assen better prepared than they would’ve done if they hadn’t been over for 3 weeks. Which is ultimately the goal
Camp332
9/19/2019 7:41am
Camp332 wrote:
Barrett57 wrote:
I'm not so sure, I don't think team USA has ever been so popular. Even me, a card carrying member of the red coat mafia would...
I'm not so sure, I don't think team USA has ever been so popular.

Even me, a card carrying member of the red coat mafia would love to see them win.
LOL, it's definitely a great time for us to be fans! I am a huge fan of MXGP just as much the American MX series. However it's that time of year for us to bust each other's chops!
Press516
Fantasy
126th
9/19/2019 7:49am
Camp332 wrote:
LOL, it's definitely a great time for us to be fans! I am a huge fan of MXGP just as much the American MX series. However...
LOL, it's definitely a great time for us to be fans! I am a huge fan of MXGP just as much the American MX series. However it's that time of year for us to bust each other's chops!
And expectations are a little lower, so any decent result is going to be a win in our books....

Assen also brings a little risk for everyone, motors sometimes don't make it, etc. So much fun leading up to the event this year and Team Fried has only made it that much better.
Ranman68
9/19/2019 7:54am
presto170 wrote:
Please put some more respect on the GP riders names I beg you, saying that there “clearly faster” is a insult to those guys.
I agree. He's way off on the euros and insulting their skill. That doesn't fly and it doesn't fly when a euro does it to an American. That shit needs to stop altogether. It causes nothing but a war of words instead of friendly, intelligent discussion. All of these riders are badass.
motomike137
9/19/2019 8:12am
Press516 wrote:
And expectations are a little lower, so any decent result is going to be a win in our books.... Assen also brings a little risk for...
And expectations are a little lower, so any decent result is going to be a win in our books....

Assen also brings a little risk for everyone, motors sometimes don't make it, etc. So much fun leading up to the event this year and Team Fried has only made it that much better.
I still expect a podium. This is all fun and games but the reason they are doing it is to get that kind of result imho. I hope they are practicing the hell out of their starts because in this race starts are paramount!

Post a reply to: Team Fried/USA in Europe: MXdN

The Latest