Team Fried/USA in Europe: MXdN

9/18/2019 11:56am
Camp332 wrote:
That's a big dude! How tall, and how much does he weigh? Convert stones or kilos to pounds please.

GODZILLA wrote:
6ft2 and 187lbs.
You really think Ken only weighs 187lbs? Haha
More like 200-220lbs
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
9/18/2019 12:00pm
^^ the jersey is coming untucked, yall euros better watch out Woohoo
Ranman68
9/18/2019 12:07pm
GODZILLA wrote:
Barcia was quite good and giving all he had... He just didn't know that messing with DeDijker in Europe was just as bad an idea as...
Barcia was quite good and giving all he had...
He just didn't know that messing with DeDijker in Europe was just as bad an idea as messing with BamBam in the US...
Laughing
Lol yeah I love ole Barcia to death and admire the fight he has, but he just tried move the wrong dude obviously

The Shop

Press516
Fantasy
111th
9/18/2019 12:10pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/09/18/373571/s1200_Screenshot_20190918_193658_Instagram.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/09/18/373572/s1200_Screenshot_20190918_193636_Instagram.jpg[/img]

Can anyone confirm, Zacho runs a noticeably narrower bar cut than most? I've looked at it a few times and convinced myself that he runs the narrowest and maybe lowest bars in AMA.
PRM31
9/18/2019 12:13pm
^^ They are also smaller grips. Custom made for him.
Nuffsaid
9/18/2019 12:15pm
GODZILLA wrote:
Barcia was quite good and giving all he had... He just didn't know that messing with DeDijker in Europe was just as bad an idea as...
Barcia was quite good and giving all he had...
He just didn't know that messing with DeDijker in Europe was just as bad an idea as messing with BamBam in the US...
Laughing
Ranman68 wrote:
Lol yeah I love ole Barcia to death and admire the fight he has, but he just tried move the wrong dude obviously
Ken don’t budge for anyone, I liked it when he looked back at Barcia like “you dumb girl, is that all you got”
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/18/2019 12:29pm
PRM31 wrote:
Actually, it's sort of a bar/grip combo. Smaller O.D. ends like they do with their Micro kids bars.
Camp332
9/18/2019 12:33pm
I saw El Hombre standing through some corners in this most recent vid too Bros! Better watch out!
Camp332
9/18/2019 12:48pm
Camp332 wrote:
That's a big dude! How tall, and how much does he weigh? Convert stones or kilos to pounds please.

GODZILLA wrote:
6ft2 and 187lbs.
187lbs? Looks heavier than that, especially with how tall he is. Not that it really matters, I was just wondering.
peelout
9/18/2019 12:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2019 12:55pm
More like 200-220lbs
yeah, no shit right? i'm 6'2 and about 185, Ken makes me look like a fuckin' twig

to be fair i've skipped leg day the last 36 years and haven't lifted anything heavier than 12oz curls
Camp332
9/18/2019 12:59pm
More like 200-220lbs
peelout wrote:
yeah, no shit right? i'm 6'2 and about 185, Ken makes me look like a fuckin' twig to be fair i've skipped leg day the last...
yeah, no shit right? i'm 6'2 and about 185, Ken makes me look like a fuckin' twig

to be fair i've skipped leg day the last 36 years and haven't lifted anything heavier than 12oz curls
Seriously Bro! I'm 5'8 and 185lbs, and I hit chest 5 times a week at the iron mill!
Robgvx
9/18/2019 1:04pm
Looks to me like they’re getting sand figured out just fine.
Sideways
9/18/2019 1:58pm
Team fried was on the same track as Jeffrey today. Looking forward to the next vid!
karsmakers
9/18/2019 2:26pm
I'm no sand expert but JA is loosing major momentum trying to hammer and square berms. It looks cool but momentum is key and he is fish tailing all over the place. Anyone watching the fast Euro sand riders will notice they carry serious momentum, don't stick their legs out in turns too often and find small grooves to rail around corners with their feet on the pegs. You can't ride sand like you do dirt. I hope Zach is providing some helpful info. Becoming a sand expert takes time and that's not something we have a lot of. Just an observation...still super impressed with this teams attitude and effort
Rotaholic
9/18/2019 2:43pm
Good to see Dylan Walsh 53 smashing laps with these lads, go Team NZ
SKIDLID
Fantasy
918th
9/18/2019 3:34pm
I love this vlog, wish I would have started watching when they first came out. I am becoming a fan of el hombre and Zach .
GODZILLA
9/18/2019 3:38pm
Camp332 wrote:

GODZILLA wrote:
6ft2 and 187lbs.
Camp332 wrote:
187lbs? Looks heavier than that, especially with how tall he is. Not that it really matters, I was just wondering.
Well it's his "official" weight from back in the day when he was in race shape...
Tongue
Ranman68
9/18/2019 3:52pm
Sideways wrote:
Team fried was on the same track as Jeffrey today. Looking forward to the next vid!
Well after some time on a sand track with Herlings, they're gonna have a better idea where they are speed-wise. Being on the track with someone faster than they are is gonna help them a lot more than riding with one another or those 250 guys. They have egos and don't want to look like squids, so they'll be on the gas and pushing themselves extra hard. It will be interesting to see how they look compared to Herlings.
Ranman68
9/18/2019 5:15pm
karsmakers wrote:
I'm no sand expert but JA is loosing major momentum trying to hammer and square berms. It looks cool but momentum is key and he is...
I'm no sand expert but JA is loosing major momentum trying to hammer and square berms. It looks cool but momentum is key and he is fish tailing all over the place. Anyone watching the fast Euro sand riders will notice they carry serious momentum, don't stick their legs out in turns too often and find small grooves to rail around corners with their feet on the pegs. You can't ride sand like you do dirt. I hope Zach is providing some helpful info. Becoming a sand expert takes time and that's not something we have a lot of. Just an observation...still super impressed with this teams attitude and effort
If you observe closely in this latest video, you can see that Anderson is doing those things very well in the clips that were taken from that day of riding. The video is a combination of clips from each day of riding they have put in. In the clips from the most recent practice, Anderson is standing more and feet are on the pegs except for sharp, 180 degree turns where even the top sand riders will sit and take a foot off the peg briefly. Everything you're saying is correct as far as sand technique and what Anderson was doing early on, but in the latest riding clips he is clearly riding sand a lot better and with much better/proper technique. In those latest clips he's flowing and hauling major ass, and I think he's gonna be pretty friggin good at Assen. Not "Herlings" good, but....He's covering ground in a hurry in the latest clips. Or at least it looks like it to me.
PRM31
9/18/2019 5:31pm
PRM31 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Actually, it's sort of a bar/grip combo. Smaller O.D. ends like they do with their Micro kids bars.
Yes, and throttle, which from what Dave Feeney said made it too expensive for the anticipated number of sales. That’s a paraphrase, not a quote, but it was something to that effect. I wanted a set of those for a couple years.
DonM
9/18/2019 5:39pm
karsmakers wrote:
I'm no sand expert but JA is loosing major momentum trying to hammer and square berms. It looks cool but momentum is key and he is...
I only read the first four words....the rest mean absolutely nothing as you disqualified yourself in the first four words...
Ted722
9/18/2019 5:43pm
karsmakers wrote:
DonM wrote:
I only read the first four words....the rest mean absolutely nothing as you disqualified yourself in the first four words...
Maybe he should rename id to "4 word response guy" Laughing
karsmakers
9/18/2019 6:54pm
karsmakers wrote:
DonM wrote:
Instead of being a dick you could comment on the content. I am impressed with Justin Cooper from what I saw in the video...full momentum and feet on the pegs. Perhaps some of our Euro friends could comment on the fastest way to ride the deep sand
cable
9/18/2019 7:11pm
bikes are looking better in the sand. slower shock speed, and maybe a little softer. way better than the first vid already.
Stoop
Fantasy
1021st
9/18/2019 7:51pm
A lot of coaches in this thread, sure hope Ando & Zac are reading Grinning
Kawi15
9/18/2019 8:01pm
karsmakers wrote:
DonM wrote:
karsmakers wrote:
Instead of being a dick you could comment on the content. I am impressed with Justin Cooper from what I saw in the video...full momentum and...
Instead of being a dick you could comment on the content. I am impressed with Justin Cooper from what I saw in the video...full momentum and feet on the pegs. Perhaps some of our Euro friends could comment on the fastest way to ride the deep sand
While I agree with what you said with such short time I am thinking that he needs to focus on what works for him. I think the time to work on technique is when time is on your side and one can do it enough to make it translate to the stopwatch.
jemcee
9/18/2019 8:02pm
Camp332 wrote:
Team Fried!

Best vid yet, especially with the Nas track over the riding.
100%!!
I'm not one to say that song choice can break an edit but it can definitely make an edit, and I've watched that last bit 3 times already..

I'm assuming it's Tom that chooses the songs.. Remember the Stank dog series? Every vid had it's own unique cool vibe thanks to the song choice
DonM
9/18/2019 8:53pm
karsmakers wrote:
DonM wrote:
karsmakers wrote:
Instead of being a dick you could comment on the content. I am impressed with Justin Cooper from what I saw in the video...full momentum and...
Sorry just getting tired of vitards giving riding/track advice when that actually have no clue, they’re not there and to expect everyone to ride exactly the same is out of they’re minds....again you said you’re not an expert but then you start to criticize how an expert rides...and you’re not even British....how about we all enjoy what these guys are doing and how they’re doing it and allowing us to see the prep they’re doing...good luck to the boys and thank you for allowing us in on the process!
9/18/2019 9:53pm
With no Canadian team, I feel really good about throwing my support to team USA. The vids show that they are progressing and coming together and I enjoy the different personalities of the team fried group. It is starting to get good!

Post a reply to: Team Fried/USA in Europe: MXdN

The Latest