Team Fried/USA in Europe: MXdN

Ranman68
9/17/2019 12:44pm
No not really, he was 14th + 3rd. 2nd race he started second while Herlings crashed in the start, ended up 3rd almost a minute behind...
No not really, he was 14th + 3rd. 2nd race he started second while Herlings crashed in the start, ended up 3rd almost a minute behind Herlings, who was just a kid on a big bike which he wasn't used to as a 250-rider.
Ranman68 wrote:
The 14th was due to crash and front brake locking up. Barcia was the 3rd or 4th fastest rider all day at Lommel. How is that...
The 14th was due to crash and front brake locking up. Barcia was the 3rd or 4th fastest rider all day at Lommel. How is that not great? What does that say for all the GP riders who weren't as good as Barcia that day? So he finished a minute behind Herlings. So did every other GP rider. In fact, most finished further than that behind Herlings. Barcia was a non deep sand riding American, and he rode his ass off that day at Lommel. His effort was phenomenal. Just give the dude some credit already and quit trying to dismiss everything positive that he did. Jesus
What’s funny is he mentions how Herlings was a 250 rider at the time but doesn’t mention that Barcia was as well lol
He doesn't mention anything that doesn't jive with the narrative he prefers. He only wants to see that Herlings beat Barcia by a minute or whatever it was.....but not the fact that a young, 250 rider who races supercross 2/3 of the time, beat every 450 GP rider in deep sand except for two. What Herlings did was amazing, but what Barcia did was equally amazing. No doubt you agree 👊👊
FlaNard
9/17/2019 2:05pm
i know this may be a hard question for anyone to answer but I wonder if these guys are aware at the level of support they are getting from the fans for this effort? This is really the shot in the arm the US needed for the MXDN. Most of us still give a shit. The level of interest in the work these three are putting in goes to show that.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
9/17/2019 2:23pm
FlaNard wrote:
i know this may be a hard question for anyone to answer but I wonder if these guys are aware at the level of support they...
i know this may be a hard question for anyone to answer but I wonder if these guys are aware at the level of support they are getting from the fans for this effort? This is really the shot in the arm the US needed for the MXDN. Most of us still give a shit. The level of interest in the work these three are putting in goes to show that.
Based on a few of Zacho's comments on the Team Fried video's, I'd say yes they are...
Ranman68
9/17/2019 2:54pm
FlaNard wrote:
i know this may be a hard question for anyone to answer but I wonder if these guys are aware at the level of support they...
I would think that they are fairly aware because of the large numbers of positive comments being posted on Instagram and other social media sites. Also from the huge numbers of views/good comments on the last 3 or 4 Team Fried videos. I bet they know.

The Shop

yak651
Fantasy
192nd
9/17/2019 3:57pm
LVB107 wrote:
I did my warmup when they were finishing there last moto so only rode a bit together. Cause I had to wait till track was open...
I did my warmup when they were finishing there last moto so only rode a bit together. Cause I had to wait till track was open for public😂 They were on 1.31 that time around. In the afternoon i did 1.32-33.. but they look good and Sharp. Putting in the work
You're within 1-2 seconds of Anderson and Osborne? Did they groom track or are you national level rider?
philG
9/17/2019 4:00pm
Holy shit cooper looks way better than I thought he would
I have seen the campsite rougher than that, but they can only ride whats there, At least they are having a go.

Next week everyone will be there.

philG
9/17/2019 4:05pm
yak651 wrote:
You're within 1-2 seconds of Anderson and Osborne? Did they groom track or are you national level rider?
Its Lommel, all the locals are fast Cool
Cortami79
9/17/2019 4:05pm Edited Date/Time 9/17/2019 4:07pm
LVB107 wrote:
I did my warmup when they were finishing there last moto so only rode a bit together. Cause I had to wait till track was open...
I did my warmup when they were finishing there last moto so only rode a bit together. Cause I had to wait till track was open for public😂 They were on 1.31 that time around. In the afternoon i did 1.32-33.. but they look good and Sharp. Putting in the work
yak651 wrote:
Lars is one of the better Dutch riders we have. He went 20th in the GP of Lommel, scoring 6 points. Look up at time practice for example, where he went 15th, just two seconds off Tonus his time. So yeah he can ride a bike! Plus being a full time office worker if I'm correct, taking that in consideration he does well whenever he can enter a GP.
He did even better in his mx2 days too

edit: Just remembered, he won in EMX250 Lommel in front of Olsen, Ostlund, Kouwenberg and Sterry in 2015
9/17/2019 4:07pm
LVB107 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Cortami79 wrote:
Lars is one of the better Dutch riders we have. He went 20th in the GP of Lommel, scoring 6 points. Look up at time practice...
Lars is one of the better Dutch riders we have. He went 20th in the GP of Lommel, scoring 6 points. Look up at time practice for example, where he went 15th, just two seconds off Tonus his time. So yeah he can ride a bike! Plus being a full time office worker if I'm correct, taking that in consideration he does well whenever he can enter a GP.

edit: Just remembered, he won in EMX250 Lommel in front of Olsen, Ostlund, Kouwenberg and Sterry in 2015
Lars Van Burkel (I think) (spelling?) in case anyone is wondering
karsmakers
9/17/2019 4:23pm
The euros have mastered standing up in the sand through the corners. It seems like the US riders are sitting too much and over working the clutch. Just an observation. It takes time to master the sand
Johnny Ringo
9/17/2019 4:50pm
philG wrote:
I have seen the campsite rougher than that, but they can only ride whats there, At least they are having a go. Next week everyone will...
I have seen the campsite rougher than that, but they can only ride whats there, At least they are having a go.

Phil, take a hike.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
9/17/2019 5:08pm
LVB107 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Cortami79 wrote:
Lars is one of the better Dutch riders we have. He went 20th in the GP of Lommel, scoring 6 points. Look up at time practice...

Thanks for the education
JA33
9/18/2019 2:10am
yak651 wrote:
LVB107 wrote:
This was the track when i was riding. https://www.instagram.com/p/B2hO2LXHSWn/?igshid=1bswanxz2f39o (I dont know how to post iT correctly) @Cortami79 you are pretty much right in your info...
This was the track when i was riding.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2hO2LXHSWn/?igshid=1bswanxz2f39o

(I dont know how to post iT correctly)

@Cortami79 you are pretty much right in your info about me😅
9/18/2019 2:40am
Ranman68 wrote:
The 14th was due to crash and front brake locking up. Barcia was the 3rd or 4th fastest rider all day at Lommel. How is that...
The 14th was due to crash and front brake locking up. Barcia was the 3rd or 4th fastest rider all day at Lommel. How is that not great? What does that say for all the GP riders who weren't as good as Barcia that day? So he finished a minute behind Herlings. So did every other GP rider. In fact, most finished further than that behind Herlings. Barcia was a non deep sand riding American, and he rode his ass off that day at Lommel. His effort was phenomenal. Just give the dude some credit already and quit trying to dismiss everything positive that he did. Jesus
What’s funny is he mentions how Herlings was a 250 rider at the time but doesn’t mention that Barcia was as well lol
Ranman68 wrote:
He doesn't mention anything that doesn't jive with the narrative he prefers. He only wants to see that Herlings beat Barcia by a minute or whatever...
He doesn't mention anything that doesn't jive with the narrative he prefers. He only wants to see that Herlings beat Barcia by a minute or whatever it was.....but not the fact that a young, 250 rider who races supercross 2/3 of the time, beat every 450 GP rider in deep sand except for two. What Herlings did was amazing, but what Barcia did was equally amazing. No doubt you agree 👊👊
LOL stop whining about it. The nations is about scoring as LESS points as possible. Barcia scored 17 points and that's just not good enough. There were years when whole team USA scored lessed points after 3 moto's. It not about speed or if and buts, but results in the end. 14 and 3 isn't good enough for a team USA rider at the Nations if you ask me.
philG
9/18/2019 4:19am
philG wrote:
I have seen the campsite rougher than that, but they can only ride whats there, At least they are having a go. Next week everyone will...

Phil, take a hike.
The guy is a pro racer for a factory team, what did you expect . Ronnie Mac. Mondays is ( or was) the day they grade the place, is doesnt stay flat for long but by the end of the week it will be somewhere near.
tek14
9/18/2019 4:24am
GODZILLA wrote:
Woah, I'm impressed!!!
By how flat and sandless this track is.
Woohoo
Been there riding many times.. never been this good shape of what these guys can enjoy. Last time I was there they needed bulldozer to pull some sidecars out from track when they did get stuck after rain..
Ranman68
9/18/2019 7:53am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2019 7:54am
Ranman68 wrote:
He doesn't mention anything that doesn't jive with the narrative he prefers. He only wants to see that Herlings beat Barcia by a minute or whatever...
LOL stop whining about it. The nations is about scoring as LESS points as possible. Barcia scored 17 points and that's just not good enough. There...
LOL stop whining about it. The nations is about scoring as LESS points as possible. Barcia scored 17 points and that's just not good enough. There were years when whole team USA scored lessed points after 3 moto's. It not about speed or if and buts, but results in the end. 14 and 3 isn't good enough for a team USA rider at the Nations if you ask me.
Giving Barcia his due credit for his heroic effort isn't "whining". It's ridiculous that I have to explain that to you. I know how the scoring system works. I know a 14th is not a good finish and those kinds of finishes won't cut it. Tell me something I don't know.
That 14th was due to the front brake locking up after contact with another bike. Not that he wasn't riding good. He was good for a 5th despite a fall if the brake hadn't failed, and then got 3rd in the final moto amongst all the best 450 GP riders IN DEEP SAND. That was an awesome effort and performance. Me correcting someone who discounts that isn't "whining", and if you don't like it then that's just too bad.
GODZILLA
9/18/2019 9:26am
Barcia was quite good and giving all he had...
He just didn't know that messing with DeDijker in Europe was just as bad an idea as messing with BamBam in the US...
Laughing
Bearuno
9/18/2019 10:14am
GODZILLA wrote:
Barcia was quite good and giving all he had... He just didn't know that messing with DeDijker in Europe was just as bad an idea as...
He just didn't know that messing with DeDijker in Europe was just as bad an idea as messing with BamBam in the US...
Laughing
No, I'd say it was a 10 times worse idea. Ken was in his home country, and Barcia made quite a mistake in thinking he could put a move on DeDycker - like meeting an immovable object Woohoo

Still, Barcia rode well, and had a good go of it. It just was the wrong 'go', he tried, with regards to Big Ken.

Here's Ken at the recent VMXDN, doing a tribute ride out to the Great, Eric Geboers:

He's about the right sized bloke, to match the size of the spirit of 'The Kid - Mr 875cc'

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/18/2019 10:32am
Ranman68 wrote:
LOL stop whining about it. The nations is about scoring as LESS points as possible. Barcia scored 17 points and that's just not good enough. There...
So why do the Netherlands pick Vlaanderen? He went 34-DNS. Clearly he's not good enough for team NED.
Camp332
9/18/2019 10:58am
GODZILLA wrote:
Barcia was quite good and giving all he had... He just didn't know that messing with DeDijker in Europe was just as bad an idea as...
Laughing
Bearuno wrote:
No, I'd say it was a 10 times worse idea. Ken was in his home country, and Barcia made quite a mistake in thinking he could...
No, I'd say it was a 10 times worse idea. Ken was in his home country, and Barcia made quite a mistake in thinking he could put a move on DeDycker - like meeting an immovable object Woohoo

Still, Barcia rode well, and had a good go of it. It just was the wrong 'go', he tried, with regards to Big Ken.

Here's Ken at the recent VMXDN, doing a tribute ride out to the Great, Eric Geboers:

He's about the right sized bloke, to match the size of the spirit of 'The Kid - Mr 875cc'

That's a big dude! How tall, and how much does he weigh? Convert stones or kilos to pounds please.

GODZILLA
9/18/2019 11:49am
Camp332 wrote:
That's a big dude! How tall, and how much does he weigh? Convert stones or kilos to pounds please.

6ft2 and 187lbs.

Post a reply to: Team Fried/USA in Europe: MXdN

The Latest