Team Fried/USA in Europe: MXdN

DPR250R
9/15/2019 6:07pm
Aryen wrote:
You’re kidding about that last remark right? 1. The Hoff and the Bullet are on home soil 2. They’ve spent their entire lives riding on sand...
You’re kidding about that last remark right?

1. The Hoff and the Bullet are on home soil
2. They’ve spent their entire lives riding on sand tracks
3. They’ve pretty much gone 1 and 2 in MXGP for more than a month now.
I think someone is just a little over excited. The home team is 100% favorites and they have 100% earned it.
Rab
9/15/2019 6:42pm
GODZILLA wrote:
Has nothing to do with the helmet cam, it was just veeeery smooooooth...
Oh you were at Lommel that day?
9/15/2019 7:24pm
NLD has to be the favorite by a big margin, but there will be a lot of extra pressure on them, which sometimes means mistakes. An early DNF or crash and the pressure would ramp up for them quickly, you never know. Look what happened to the US in the qualifying races last year. Tomac and Plessinger were in position for top 3 finishes until Plessinger jumped off the side of the triple step up and Tomacs bike crapped out
peltier626
9/15/2019 7:30pm
Aryen wrote:
You’re kidding about that last remark right? 1. The Hoff and the Bullet are on home soil 2. They’ve spent their entire lives riding on sand...

Just stirring the pot.

The Shop

Johnny Ringo
9/15/2019 7:52pm
I’d be happy with a top 3. The Dutch are going to be unreal so if you’re a fan of moto it’s going to be a treat.
roninho
9/15/2019 11:19pm
NLD has to be the favorite by a big margin, but there will be a lot of extra pressure on them, which sometimes means mistakes. An...
NLD has to be the favorite by a big margin, but there will be a lot of extra pressure on them, which sometimes means mistakes. An early DNF or crash and the pressure would ramp up for them quickly, you never know. Look what happened to the US in the qualifying races last year. Tomac and Plessinger were in position for top 3 finishes until Plessinger jumped off the side of the triple step up and Tomacs bike crapped out
Imo it doesnt help that many good riders in both classes are missing (Cairoli, Roczen, Febvre, Desalle, Anstie, Watson, Lawrence, Vialle, Jacobi etc). Now Tonus broke his hand.

Two wins and a top 3 finish has much more value in a strong field (since the other teams likely won't be able to get that many low scores). With all these guys out i would be surprised to not see Anderson and Osborne finish top 3-4 in their motos (unless they have bad luck).
djc
9/16/2019 12:46am
No matter the result I respect these guys way more for doing what they are doing

In terms of. This video to me Zach looks comfy which he probably should since hope is familiar with the track and Anderson looks kind of stiff or rigid. Either way this is the reason they are there now. I think they will do better then a lot of people think.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/16/2019 5:50am
NLD has to be the favorite by a big margin, but there will be a lot of extra pressure on them, which sometimes means mistakes. An...
roninho wrote:
Imo it doesnt help that many good riders in both classes are missing (Cairoli, Roczen, Febvre, Desalle, Anstie, Watson, Lawrence, Vialle, Jacobi etc). Now Tonus broke...
Imo it doesnt help that many good riders in both classes are missing (Cairoli, Roczen, Febvre, Desalle, Anstie, Watson, Lawrence, Vialle, Jacobi etc). Now Tonus broke his hand.

Two wins and a top 3 finish has much more value in a strong field (since the other teams likely won't be able to get that many low scores). With all these guys out i would be surprised to not see Anderson and Osborne finish top 3-4 in their motos (unless they have bad luck).
Good point.
With all these guys out JA and ZO will most likely be in the top 5 in both their motos easily.
Now if Cooper manages to beat Vlaanderen (not sure about that), all it might take is a bad start or a crash for Herlings or Coldenhoff.
DeStouwer
9/16/2019 6:23am
roninho wrote:
Imo it doesnt help that many good riders in both classes are missing (Cairoli, Roczen, Febvre, Desalle, Anstie, Watson, Lawrence, Vialle, Jacobi etc). Now Tonus broke...

crusty_xx wrote:
Good point. With all these guys out JA and ZO will most likely be in the top 5 in both their motos easily. Now if Cooper...
Good point.
With all these guys out JA and ZO will most likely be in the top 5 in both their motos easily.
Now if Cooper manages to beat Vlaanderen (not sure about that), all it might take is a bad start or a crash for Herlings or Coldenhoff.
It's true that the field could be way more impressive without all those injuries / absentees, but still...

MXGP: Herlings, Gajser, Prado, Anderson, Van Horebeek, Paulin, Seewer, Jasikonis, Monticelli, Ferris, Leok
MX2: Geerts, Vlaanderen, TKO, Cooper, Renaux, Walsh, Hofer, Guillod, Forato, Östlund, Larrañaga, Horgmo
Open: Coldenhoff, Osborne, Jonass, Strijbos, Tonus (??), Tixier, Simpson, Lupino, Kullas

That should provide some good racing. And I think chances are big that Searle will be added to MXGP and Sterry to MX2.
Camp332
9/16/2019 7:50am
See how that local kid stood up, and carried a higher gear?

USA guys, please try it.

Thanks,
Camp332
DPR250R
9/16/2019 8:46am
DeStouwer wrote:
It's true that the field could be way more impressive without all those injuries / absentees, but still... MXGP: Herlings, Gajser, Prado, Anderson, Van Horebeek, Paulin...
It's true that the field could be way more impressive without all those injuries / absentees, but still...

MXGP: Herlings, Gajser, Prado, Anderson, Van Horebeek, Paulin, Seewer, Jasikonis, Monticelli, Ferris, Leok
MX2: Geerts, Vlaanderen, TKO, Cooper, Renaux, Walsh, Hofer, Guillod, Forato, Östlund, Larrañaga, Horgmo
Open: Coldenhoff, Osborne, Jonass, Strijbos, Tonus (??), Tixier, Simpson, Lupino, Kullas

That should provide some good racing. And I think chances are big that Searle will be added to MXGP and Sterry to MX2.
Thanks for that write up.

Going for the first time and I was a little bummed to see so many GP stars out but there is still plenty of talent in there.
philG
9/16/2019 9:03am
GODZILLA wrote:
Rab wrote:
Oh you were at Lommel that day?
You dont need to be there too see it wasnt rough. They know it wasnt rough, it wasnt rough. Doesnt mean it was a waste of time though.
idworx
9/16/2019 10:22am
I think Prado on the 450 will be quite competitive!
Motoxdoc
9/16/2019 10:26am
Camp332 wrote:

USA guys, please try it.

Thanks,
Camp332
At least you are politely taking credit for your condescending statement. Dry
philG
9/16/2019 11:16am
Camp332 wrote:

USA guys, please try it.

Thanks,
Camp332
Motoxdoc wrote:
But its such an obvious thing.. you can see and hear it every time they ride... shit , MXoN at Lommel you could pick the US riders out with your eyes shut.
Honestly, on a 250, Prado goes by and you can barely hear him. its unrealy to listen to, just like Cairoli does.

Its great to see these guys putting in the effort, they are putting themselves out there for all to see, and they wont use the excuses used by past riders, of lack of prep and bike time to make up for poor performance.

These guys have gone all in, and im pleased to see that they are taking it seriously, and respecting the event, in a way that others haven't , and as such , they will be remembered and revered for it , win lose or draw.
9/16/2019 11:35am
Anderson just posted a few videos of him riding in some very deep stuff on his IG.
Barrett57
9/16/2019 11:53am
GODZILLA wrote:
Yeah it was like a billiard table. Don't know why they bothered, should have done their motos around the field opposite the entrance or even better just rode around the car park.
Zooki
9/16/2019 12:34pm
Camp332 wrote:

USA guys, please try it.

Thanks,
Camp332
Motoxdoc wrote:
philG wrote:
But its such an obvious thing.. you can see and hear it every time they ride... shit , MXoN at Lommel you could pick the US...
But its such an obvious thing.. you can see and hear it every time they ride... shit , MXoN at Lommel you could pick the US riders out with your eyes shut.
Honestly, on a 250, Prado goes by and you can barely hear him. its unrealy to listen to, just like Cairoli does.

Its great to see these guys putting in the effort, they are putting themselves out there for all to see, and they wont use the excuses used by past riders, of lack of prep and bike time to make up for poor performance.

These guys have gone all in, and im pleased to see that they are taking it seriously, and respecting the event, in a way that others haven't , and as such , they will be remembered and revered for it , win lose or draw.
The kids style reminded me of Roczen.
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1768th
9/16/2019 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2019 12:59pm
Mega respect for these guys coming over and preparing the way they are for the nations. Not many from either side would put this much effort in they deserve a good result.
kawirider819
9/16/2019 12:51pm
philG wrote:
But its such an obvious thing.. you can see and hear it every time they ride... shit , MXoN at Lommel you could pick the US...

Didn't Barcia ride pretty well at Lommel in 2012? He's the poster child for riding high in the RPMs.
FlaNard
9/16/2019 12:52pm
peltier626 wrote:
I got ridiculed for noting the same observation. It seems like the sand experts enter the turns not quite as aggressive and carry their momentum through...
I got ridiculed for noting the same observation. It seems like the sand experts enter the turns not quite as aggressive and carry their momentum through the entire turn at a consistent rpm and roll the throttle on . It seams like the mericans are entering the corner with more aggression, slamming or burying the bike mid corner and having to accelerate a lot more to carry through the corner. (NO I CANNOT PERFORM WHAT I OBSERVE). I am still thoroughly enjoying these videos and fully support and respect the effort that these guys are putting in and expect within these next two weeks these guys will be as fast and comfortable as anyone. Including Sir Jeffery and Hoffmaster. GO TEAM FRIED!
Aryen wrote:

Relax man. You guys have this barring some horrible luck and you deserve it. It's your year and we'll all be pumped for you to take it on home soil. Cool As an American I am just hoping for a top 5 and with a little luck maybe a top 3.
9/16/2019 1:10pm
Anderson just posted a few videos of him riding in some very deep stuff on his IG.
Deurne again, same track we rode sunday with us weekend warriors, was bumpy dusty track 😅
Dit bericht bekijken op Instagram

Stoffing at deurne #bietjetouren

Een bericht gedeeld door Danny Sterken (@sterkendanny13) op 16 Sep 2019 om 1:00 (PDT)

Press516
Fantasy
90th
9/16/2019 1:38pm
peltier626 wrote:
I got ridiculed for noting the same observation. It seems like the sand experts enter the turns not quite as aggressive and carry their momentum through...
I got ridiculed for noting the same observation. It seems like the sand experts enter the turns not quite as aggressive and carry their momentum through the entire turn at a consistent rpm and roll the throttle on . It seams like the mericans are entering the corner with more aggression, slamming or burying the bike mid corner and having to accelerate a lot more to carry through the corner. (NO I CANNOT PERFORM WHAT I OBSERVE). I am still thoroughly enjoying these videos and fully support and respect the effort that these guys are putting in and expect within these next two weeks these guys will be as fast and comfortable as anyone. Including Sir Jeffery and Hoffmaster. GO TEAM FRIED!
Aryen wrote:

FlaNard wrote:
Relax man. You guys have this barring some horrible luck and you deserve it. It's your year and we'll all be pumped for you to take...
Relax man. You guys have this barring some horrible luck and you deserve it. It's your year and we'll all be pumped for you to take it on home soil. Cool As an American I am just hoping for a top 5 and with a little luck maybe a top 3.
I'm comfortable saying that there is a pretty strong consensus that NLD is the favorite this year. But I also think the US team might be the next best team...

Originally like many others, I thought that Cooper might be the weak spot, but with multiple riders missing from MX2, I don't think so any more. Cooper starts extremely well and has elite speed... He just hasn't shown it repeatedly and always for a full moto. But he has multiple moto wins this year. Remove Prado and Vialle, and that leaves TKO and Geerts with a couple moto wins and only when the fastest guys were basically out... Cooper did it with all the fast guys on the track. How will the sand affect him? Not sure, I guess we'll see soon enough.

And Osborne has GC to deal with, but the speed drops off reasonably fast after that in the Open class, and notably in the sand... Jonass is next best? I'm thinking ZO will be our top scorer (best finishes).

Ando is going to let it hang out for sure. And if he starts well, he isn't going to fade. But the starts might be the most critical for him. Will be difficult to move a bunch of positions if he gets a poor start.

Just my opinion... But I'm really stoked at the effort these guys are putting in.
Ranman68
9/16/2019 3:30pm
I think there's some misunderstanding when Americans like myself say we believe we have a legit chance of winning the mxon in Assen. That's not saying our guys are gonna beat Herlings and Hoff straight up. That's saying our guys are good enough....to be close enough....to take the spot if the Dutch have bad luck in the way of a dnf or something. There are very few Americans who think we can just straight up finish better than the Dutch team. Maybe some are that neive, but they are few. If the Dutch riders stay on two wheels and their bikes keep running, they will win it. I think that's obvious to anyone.
But....if shit goes wrong major for the Dutch and our guys ride their asses off......maybe....😎😎
9/16/2019 4:09pm
A view from Italy:
2 months ago it was really obscure to make predictions, to the point you could even say team Switzerland.
Then 1 month ago Herlings and Coldenhoff started their ascent to the top and you could only see orange.
Add to this the increasing quality of their third rider, any of the two available, and it just got even better for them.
Then JA and ZO opted for the perfect move and came to train in Europe, adding a solid base to their obvious talent and this brings the chances for Nederland a bit down the previous 100%.
Add the scoring that requires 5 results out of the possible 6 and we get the perfect recipe for an exciting day!

Still rooting for the Italian underdogs, predicting the Dutch team on top of the box and waiting for any surprise.
Have fun in the meantime!!
9/17/2019 1:14am
Didn't Barcia ride pretty well at Lommel in 2012? He's the poster child for riding high in the RPMs.
No not really, he was 14th + 3rd. 2nd race he started second while Herlings crashed in the start, ended up 3rd almost a minute behind Herlings, who was just a kid on a big bike which he wasn't used to as a 250-rider.
philG
9/17/2019 1:40am
No not really, he was 14th + 3rd. 2nd race he started second while Herlings crashed in the start, ended up 3rd almost a minute behind...
No not really, he was 14th + 3rd. 2nd race he started second while Herlings crashed in the start, ended up 3rd almost a minute behind Herlings, who was just a kid on a big bike which he wasn't used to as a 250-rider.
All revs and berm busting. Not the way to ride lommel. Last moto was ok, but by then everyone is riding out for a finish.
JA33
9/17/2019 4:05am
Another video from Lommel

Post a reply to: Team Fried/USA in Europe: MXdN

The Latest