Team USA: Where do we go from Here

Nuffsaid
10/7/2018 6:48pm
I think part of the reason the European riders are better outdoors is because we over-prep all of our tracks and try to make them all...
I think part of the reason the European riders are better outdoors is because we over-prep all of our tracks and try to make them all the same every weekend in the AMA Nationals. On the GP circuit they race on a much broader range of conditions and after years and years of racing, it is clearly having an impact.

When RV got his ass kicked on the GP circuit in 2015 many Americans made excuses at the time for the beat down. The fact of the matter was that the Euro's were just better on natural MX tracks and they have continued to improve. They are even better now.

When the highlight of the weekend for the United States is KDub leading a lap in the B main, we clearly have a LOT of work to do.
bsharkey wrote:
The guy wanted to retire. Bad example. I heard plenty of stories about the disconnect beteween the bikes, mechanics and him. It would have probably been...
The guy wanted to retire. Bad example. I heard plenty of stories about the disconnect beteween the bikes, mechanics and him. It would have probably been a different story if he had his mechanics from over here and is bikesmith over here
RV was on one of the highest respected teams in the GP series. He completely ignored all setup data and compiled track condition setups from the many years of experience the team had acquired with many top riders who had a prior seat on the team. The weak link was RV who refused to compete in any preseason races for the team, and it showed
Honda11
10/7/2018 6:49pm
We need a supercross of nations. No other country will come close to USA
JWACK
10/7/2018 6:50pm
Nuffsaid wrote:
RV was on one of the highest respected teams in the GP series. He completely ignored all setup data and compiled track condition setups from the...
RV was on one of the highest respected teams in the GP series. He completely ignored all setup data and compiled track condition setups from the many years of experience the team had acquired with many top riders who had a prior seat on the team. The weak link was RV who refused to compete in any preseason races for the team, and it showed
The weak link was indeed his ass.
teggers
10/7/2018 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2018 6:53pm
hillbilly wrote:
When does mxgp season start?april? If I am a American racer.and sx season is facing me in a couple months I'm not going to hurt myself...
When does mxgp season start?april?

If I am a American racer.and sx season is facing me in a couple months I'm not going to hurt myself at a race that don't pay my bills.

Sure,like to win,but that would be in my thinking.
Bad Day? Bike Setup? Mud? Tired from a long 2 x series?

Seems to me you do your best and don't take unnecessary risks.....Just don't get hurt and kill my career for a race that means nothing to me (and anyone posting here) in 25 years.

(Reference Aaron P's crash)

Just curious? What is the Money payout for this race?

Again. Hillbilly wisdom.

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
10/7/2018 6:51pm
I can't be the only one who enjoys the supercross season more then the motocross... I always get bored of the MX season..doesn't have the intensity...
I can't be the only one who enjoys the supercross season more then the motocross...
I always get bored of the MX season..doesn't have the intensity of the supercross racing.

Yeah and you get a lot of variety in the top 10 because by round 8 half of the previous top 10 are already out injured
davistld01
10/7/2018 6:52pm
SX will continue to grow here because of the extreme money involved, and because of the circus Feld has made it. The season will get longer...because it makes more money. The chasm between US riders and the Euros will continue to widen because of the limited time our guys have to improve their outdoor skills. I see that the US will get to a a point where there won’t even be a MXDN team. I mean, nobody wants to get beaten.
10/7/2018 6:54pm
0 rounds of sx, Outdoors year round on tracks with minimal prep.
dingo94
10/7/2018 6:54pm
EB51 wrote:
I like watching AMERICAN motocross and I like watching AMERICAN supercross. I think what we have here with both disciplines is great for the fans and...
I like watching AMERICAN motocross and I like watching AMERICAN supercross. I think what we have here with both disciplines is great for the fans and has grown the sport. If we lose the MXON every year because of it I personally don't care. We shouldn't sacrifice the way we do motocross and supercross here to be competitive in this one race. I see why no one wants to race it. Heck most of the general US population doesn't even know it happened. At least some of the regular US motocross and supercross races get decent TV coverage on mainstream TV channels. The bottom line is that no one outside of hardcore MX fans even care about this event or know it even took place. Supercross may not be everyone's cup of tea but it brings in the money and the fans. Dirtbike racing will continue to move in that direction, the rest of the world is just behind and doesn't realize it yet.
Thats half the reason right there .
The euros ride with pasion and respect for the mxon
They pretty much never turn down a chance to represnt there country where the guys from the US seem to see it as a chore.
Love it or hate it its a pretty cool format and being hard to win is the reason,maybe the french will get board with there sub par team winning it so often.
TogaSet
Fantasy
3906th
10/7/2018 6:57pm
The unpopular view is we are just lacking in superstars at the moment. No bubbas, Carmichael’s or Potos. It’s their turn until we come up with a bad ass rider.
cjg23307
10/7/2018 6:58pm
Covington hauls ass in assen. I wouldn’t count us out yet as we saw today this is a crazy race.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
10/7/2018 6:58pm
I can't be the only one who enjoys the supercross season more then the motocross... I always get bored of the MX season..doesn't have the intensity...
I can't be the only one who enjoys the supercross season more then the motocross...
I always get bored of the MX season..doesn't have the intensity of the supercross racing.

You're not the only one. I like all racing, but my favorite is SX. I like the format, I like the "show" aspect of it, I like all of it. Hell, my wife likes Supercross - which says something. I also really like Motocross, but my wife says she just can't get into it. This is a prime example why SX is becoming so much more popular and why the $$ are in SX. Riders are going to go where the $$ are - can't blame them. But like I said, I like all dirtbike racing - SX, MX, EX, AX all of it. SX is my favorite though.

To me, the biggest issue with the race results today is the 6 week layoff. Not the track conditions or anything else. Nothing gets a rider into race condition like racing. The GP riders just finisher their season last weekend and were not into a semi-vacation / get ready for SX testing during the off season. I think not enough is made of this point. Look at Kenny, ET, Bam Bam, AP and to be honest, Ferrandis wasn't anything special (good, but not special). I thought Prado and all of the other GP guys were special.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
10/7/2018 7:02pm
cjg23307 wrote:
Covington hauls ass in assen. I wouldn’t count us out yet as we saw today this is a crazy race.
Depending how things go with injuries, etc a Team Husky of Anderson, Osborne, and Convington might be a pretty good choice for team USA. Team unity would be solid, all training with Aldon, etc.
10/7/2018 7:07pm
Honda11 wrote:
Are you sure that France would not come close?
Marvin, Ferandis, Torteli, Bayle.....

Count out all the non USA riders in the last 20 years and it is not a stacked field.
10/7/2018 7:08pm
cjg23307 wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
Depending how things go with injuries, etc a Team Husky of Anderson, Osborne, and Convington might be a pretty good choice for team USA. Team unity...
Depending how things go with injuries, etc a Team Husky of Anderson, Osborne, and Convington might be a pretty good choice for team USA. Team unity would be solid, all training with Aldon, etc.
How many races did Aldon win this last weekend?
10/7/2018 7:20pm
Easy solution: send America’s best to race the GP’s. I mean it IS the world championship, right? And America is just a national championship. Right?
VRR7
10/7/2018 7:23pm
Remember when Chad Watt's came to the GNCC series from the WEC and won a lot. When he went back to the WEC he was way off pace . Format - WEC has timed specials where speed is NB ! Less so in GNCC is less so - It is hare scramble v enduro format. USA ISDE results ?

As stated SX is a "show" like a circus - MX is more of a race.

When the FIM latched on to the success of the AMA series and took over or at least made effort to bring the MXGP to be better than AMA series is when it all changed -

So MXGP does 2 day race weekend of 20 rounds

AMA MX does 1 day race weekend of 12 rounds

Guess who is working harder towards being better ?

Giuseppe Luongo was tasked with resolving the pull and attraction of AMA v MXGP as the AMA was dominant and the MXGP was second rate a few years back - All his political moves has brought basic success to his task !
jeffro503
10/7/2018 7:26pm
I think part of the reason the European riders are better outdoors is because we over-prep all of our tracks and try to make them all...
I think part of the reason the European riders are better outdoors is because we over-prep all of our tracks and try to make them all the same every weekend in the AMA Nationals. On the GP circuit they race on a much broader range of conditions and after years and years of racing, it is clearly having an impact.

When RV got his ass kicked on the GP circuit in 2015 many Americans made excuses at the time for the beat down. The fact of the matter was that the Euro's were just better on natural MX tracks and they have continued to improve. They are even better now.

When the highlight of the weekend for the United States is KDub leading a lap in the B main, we clearly have a LOT of work to do.
bsharkey wrote:
The guy wanted to retire. Bad example. I heard plenty of stories about the disconnect beteween the bikes, mechanics and him. It would have probably been...
The guy wanted to retire. Bad example. I heard plenty of stories about the disconnect beteween the bikes, mechanics and him. It would have probably been a different story if he had his mechanics from over here and is bikesmith over here
Nuffsaid wrote:
RV was on one of the highest respected teams in the GP series. He completely ignored all setup data and compiled track condition setups from the...
You are wrong! How about a team that didn't listen , or incorporate parts that were agreed on , only to back slide out of what was agreed on , but didn't deliver!!? RV won't say it in public , but was fucked the second he signed up for that team. When a team promises you something and then can't deliver , and it makes a huge difference on your bike.....not cool.
peltier626
10/7/2018 7:36pm
VRR7 wrote:
Remember when Chad Watt's came to the GNCC series from the WEC and won a lot. When he went back to the WEC he was way...
Remember when Chad Watt's came to the GNCC series from the WEC and won a lot. When he went back to the WEC he was way off pace . Format - WEC has timed specials where speed is NB ! Less so in GNCC is less so - It is hare scramble v enduro format. USA ISDE results ?

As stated SX is a "show" like a circus - MX is more of a race.

When the FIM latched on to the success of the AMA series and took over or at least made effort to bring the MXGP to be better than AMA series is when it all changed -

So MXGP does 2 day race weekend of 20 rounds

AMA MX does 1 day race weekend of 12 rounds

Guess who is working harder towards being better ?

Giuseppe Luongo was tasked with resolving the pull and attraction of AMA v MXGP as the AMA was dominant and the MXGP was second rate a few years back - All his political moves has brought basic success to his task !
Logic!
10/7/2018 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2018 7:48pm
Thought: When top American riders race the MXGP series, Team USA will improve at the MXoN. (As if that's ever gonna happen.)

But if everyone insists on having "Team Supercross," you'd better get accustomed to being no better than third, maybe off the podium.

Crush
10/7/2018 7:54pm
Has anyone blamed Roger yet? He definitely didn't get it done today. haha.
Steve 396
10/7/2018 8:01pm
hillbilly wrote:
When does mxgp season start?april? If I am a American racer.and sx season is facing me in a couple months I'm not going to hurt myself...
When does mxgp season start?april?

If I am a American racer.and sx season is facing me in a couple months I'm not going to hurt myself at a race that don't pay my bills.

Sure,like to win,but that would be in my thinking.
teggers wrote:
Bad Day? Bike Setup? Mud? Tired from a long 2 x series? Seems to me you do your best and don't take unnecessary risks.....Just don't get...
Bad Day? Bike Setup? Mud? Tired from a long 2 x series?

Seems to me you do your best and don't take unnecessary risks.....Just don't get hurt and kill my career for a race that means nothing to me (and anyone posting here) in 25 years.

(Reference Aaron P's crash)

Just curious? What is the Money payout for this race?

Again. Hillbilly wisdom.
Really? What happened to pride in our country? That's why you do it! Is everything just about money these days? Maybe that's the problem, people only care about money and not the things that made this country great to begin with?

I understand what you are saying but i don't like that way of thinking (yes I know nobody cares what I think). Im not saying the guys didn't do it for the right reasons, but anyone that has ever lined up at the starting line and their mind isn't 100% focused on winning, they don't succeed (worrying about money). Where do we go from here? I can't answer that but if you are only worried about getting paid, don't bother. This is all about representing your country...... If you can't see that, I can't help you......
10/7/2018 8:10pm
Remove AMA motocross or make it a feeder system, have MXGP as the main series for everyone around the world and schedule SX around mxgp.
10/7/2018 8:15pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2018 8:16pm
Honda11 wrote:
No other country coming close? You've had French and Germans win sx ffs.
Nuffsaid
10/7/2018 8:15pm
bsharkey wrote:
Nuffsaid wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
You are wrong! How about a team that didn't listen , or incorporate parts that were agreed on , only to back slide out of what...
You are wrong! How about a team that didn't listen , or incorporate parts that were agreed on , only to back slide out of what was agreed on , but didn't deliver!!? RV won't say it in public , but was fucked the second he signed up for that team. When a team promises you something and then can't deliver , and it makes a huge difference on your bike.....not cool.
Once RV adapted and got with the team’s program he had a glimmer of success in the season. Refusing to test and race preseason against new competitors and conditions he had no experience in put him behind from the start. He was basically riding blind and at a disadvantage against the best. It was a clusterf-ck from the moment the ink dried
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
10/7/2018 8:22pm

RV won 1/4 races and then the year after RV in 2016 Tomac won more motos in 2 GP races than he did in 12 AMA races. Does that make your 15 point invalid? I think so.
teggers
10/7/2018 9:21pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2018 11:30pm
I'm thinking

Some of you all need to go out there actually race

Every rider out there today was chancing a broken back and lifelong injuries.

You all suck judging this team.

By the way...... when you say WE SUCK.......your lifelong paralysis is not a WE.
Get your ass out there.

Fuck all of you for saying shit about this team.

You are fucking assholes.
blackdiamond
10/7/2018 10:14pm
bsharkey wrote:
Those weren't stories they were excuses. We can't keep making excuses after losing 7 years in a row.

Ray Charles could watch that race and see the Euro's are faster.
NorCal 50+
10/7/2018 10:20pm
olds cool wrote:
All I know is today was a MONSTER disappointment.
Was Monster there? I didn't notice.

Rs444
10/7/2018 10:27pm
rutsmash wrote:
Next year will be the first time I will feel that I'm not watching the best in the world while watching the AMA outdoors.
You havnt watched the best in the world watching the outdoors since like 09 when desalle who wasnt the top dude in the gps went over and smoked everyone except for dungey who only got smoked 2/3 of the race on a borrowed bike.
10/7/2018 10:32pm
I feel like a good start might be to do some testing and riding somewhere other than Glen Helen or tracks with similar conditions.

Obviously smarter people than I are making the decisions but it's pretty clear the GP riders are not phased by any kind of track condition.

Post a reply to: Team USA: Where do we go from Here

The Latest