Team USA Top 25 Countdown Magoo #5?

Edited Date/Time 9/26/2013 5:03pm
Racer X team USA Top 25 Countdown has Danny Chandler as fifth in MXDN performances? Seriously he was the only rider to win every moto in both races 250 and 500 in dominating fashion. What possibly could have dropped him to that rank. Omara's ride on the 125 was impressive yet not on the same level . I would rank Hannah at Unadilla when he was about 100years old on a 125 equally as impressive as Omara. If longevity plays into ranking I may see some finishing above Magoo, if the criteria is simply best performance I don't think there is much of an argument against Magoo turning in the most awesome display of riding in the Motocross and Trophee Des Nations ever.
|
BobbyM
9/26/2013 9:01am
Yes...Magoo went once and mopped the floor with the best in the world. Nobody dominated that race like Magoo did and never will.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
9/26/2013 9:17am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2013 9:19am
Halfast816 wrote:
Racer X team USA Top 25 Countdown has Danny Chandler as fifth in MXDN performances? Seriously he was the only rider to win every moto in...
Racer X team USA Top 25 Countdown has Danny Chandler as fifth in MXDN performances? Seriously he was the only rider to win every moto in both races 250 and 500 in dominating fashion. What possibly could have dropped him to that rank. Omara's ride on the 125 was impressive yet not on the same level . I would rank Hannah at Unadilla when he was about 100years old on a 125 equally as impressive as Omara. If longevity plays into ranking I may see some finishing above Magoo, if the criteria is simply best performance I don't think there is much of an argument against Magoo turning in the most awesome display of riding in the Motocross and Trophee Des Nations ever.
Fifth is fine for Magoo given he went one year. As far as O'Mara, as I noted in the other thread, O show was there in the 81 first winners team, 82 and 84 as well as 86, and in the early years he was stepping out of class off a 125 to race 250's (Trophee) and 500 (Motocross des Nations). I don't think the 86 ride, as epic as it was, would alone put him ahead of Magoo's 82 sweep.

There's no doubt that Magoo's ride in 82 is probably the single greatest accomplishment by any rider, but the list I think addresses contributions to the US team over the course of a career.

Great to have so many epic performances to bench race about for sure.
ocscottie
9/26/2013 9:54am
DB went 7-0 at MX and Trophee Des Nations and he is #4.

Sometimes you have to set emotions aside and look at ALL the facts.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/26/2013 9:58am
ocscottie wrote:

Couldn't agree more, I think Magoo with all due respect is actually a lil to high for my liking to put him in front of guys that have gone to 4 to 6 MxDN's doesn't make since to me no matter how bad he dominated. IMO.

The Shop

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
9/26/2013 10:05am
It's a little more than Magoo dominated. People have dominated the event in a day. What he did over the two weakends is probably the single greatest performance in the sport's history. No one else can claim it.
TeamGreen
9/26/2013 10:13am
I don't know...

I guess we'll just have to settle with the simple fact that us Nor-Cal guys know who the 1st place guy is in our "World":

"42"
Sleep
9/26/2013 10:39am
Everyone always wants to mention O'Mara, but never wants to mention Lamson. (96 Jerez)
ocscottie
9/26/2013 11:53am
TeamGreen wrote:
I don't know... I guess we'll just have to settle with the simple fact that us Nor-Cal guys know who the 1st place guy is in...
I don't know...

I guess we'll just have to settle with the simple fact that us Nor-Cal guys know who the 1st place guy is in our "World":

"42"
I feel sad for those who never got to witness the Magoo sickness first hand. it was truly a sight to see.

81 SandHill Golden State was a FULL blown mudder, and he was going wide in this corner just to roost the fans and they were loving it! a crowd starts to gather in this turn and guys were pulling their shirts off and waving them in the air each time he came by and he was railing it harder and harder each lap showering them w/ mud. Truly EPIC scene. Finally he went in a little (a LOT) too deep and laid it over, the fans went berserk!! He stood up and raised both hands in the air and let out at FUCK YEA!!" I was standing just above that turn about 10 yards away, a scene i will never forget...

That was Magoo.

....and now im gonna go ball my head off.
Bauer
9/26/2013 1:35pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2013 1:37pm
ocscottie wrote:
I feel sad for those who never got to witness the Magoo sickness first hand. it was truly a sight to see. 81 SandHill Golden State...
I feel sad for those who never got to witness the Magoo sickness first hand. it was truly a sight to see.

81 SandHill Golden State was a FULL blown mudder, and he was going wide in this corner just to roost the fans and they were loving it! a crowd starts to gather in this turn and guys were pulling their shirts off and waving them in the air each time he came by and he was railing it harder and harder each lap showering them w/ mud. Truly EPIC scene. Finally he went in a little (a LOT) too deep and laid it over, the fans went berserk!! He stood up and raised both hands in the air and let out at FUCK YEA!!" I was standing just above that turn about 10 yards away, a scene i will never forget...

That was Magoo.

That was definitely Danny! First time I met Danny was in 1975 at the LA Coliseum Superbowl of Motocross. We raced the high school state championship and right away I started hearing about this kid on a KTM 125 who was going berserk through the whoops. He wasn't in my heat (which I won) and they watered the track just before our main event. I got a good start and Magoo hit that snotty first turn and cleaned out me and half the field!

At Golden State races he was so fast it would make your stomach turn! I remember, it was somewhere up north and during practice I was kind of struggling with the thousand of ruts in some of the turns and Magoo went by me like I was stopped, going wide and cutting back across the ruts at a 45 degree angle! I couldn't believe it. I had lots of good races with Danny and beat him a few times straight up, but when Magoo was on it and didn't crash he could beat anyone in the world...which he did at the MXdN.

RIP, old buddy!

Ps. Scottie, a friend of mine has been working his ass off to bring SandHill back to life and it's looking like it may happen...

Sondy132001
9/26/2013 1:38pm
ocscottie wrote:
I feel sad for those who never got to witness the Magoo sickness first hand. it was truly a sight to see. 81 SandHill Golden State...

That was Magoo.

Bauer wrote:
That was definitely Danny! First time I met Danny was in 1975 at the LA Coliseum Superbowl of Motocross. We raced the high school state championship...
That was definitely Danny! First time I met Danny was in 1975 at the LA Coliseum Superbowl of Motocross. We raced the high school state championship and right away I started hearing about this kid on a KTM 125 who was going berserk through the whoops. He wasn't in my heat (which I won) and they watered the track just before our main event. I got a good start and Magoo hit that snotty first turn and cleaned out me and half the field!

At Golden State races he was so fast it would make your stomach turn! I remember, it was somewhere up north and during practice I was kind of struggling with the thousand of ruts in some of the turns and Magoo went by me like I was stopped, going wide and cutting back across the ruts at a 45 degree angle! I couldn't believe it. I had lots of good races with Danny and beat him a few times straight up, but when Magoo was on it and didn't crash he could beat anyone in the world...which he did at the MXdN.

RIP, old buddy!

Ps. Scottie, a friend of mine has been working his ass off to bring SandHill back to life and it's looking like it may happen...

I remember GSN's where he would wad it in practice and as they were karting him off my dad would stop them and tell him to stop trying to win practice, Danny would always get a chuckle ! He was a good egg too, I am sad he's not around, miss his racing and shenanigans !

S
jtomasik
9/26/2013 1:47pm
ocscottie wrote:

No, I don't.

BobbyM
9/26/2013 2:04pm
ocscottie wrote:

Danny had one chance...snuff said.
pilotdude
9/26/2013 2:08pm
ocscottie wrote:

jtomasik wrote:
No, I don't. [img]http://big-kahuna-ventures.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/BashKeyboard.gif.gif[/img]
No, I don't.

OMG that gif is hilarious.
TeamGreen
9/26/2013 2:10pm
ocscottie wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
Danny had one chance...snuff said.
And...as an "Alternate".

Only guy to Win it All.

Ever.

Now...back to Bobby's...point: 1 chance. Won it ALL.
MXerDW
9/26/2013 3:19pm
Went to Hangtown in 09 and picked up these will hanging out that day. Danny and Brad were so friendly and we chatted for around 20 minutes.

Hut
9/26/2013 5:03pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2013 5:03pm
Number 5 in the top 25 countdown #1 in your hearts!

Post a reply to: Team USA Top 25 Countdown Magoo #5?

The Latest