Team USA Pulls Out of 2020 Motocross of Nations

7/16/2020 2:41am
without USA i couldn't care less about this event. just another GP with a bunch of extra B riders getting in the way
7/16/2020 3:56am
cablecable wrote:
without USA i couldn't care less about this event. just another GP with a bunch of extra B riders getting in the way
....but we have 3 B riders less this year.TongueLaughing
7/16/2020 4:45am
andyyam wrote:
It is going to need the rules in the UK to change for the event to even go ahead , what with 14 day quarantine restrictions...
It is going to need the rules in the UK to change for the event to even go ahead , what with 14 day quarantine restrictions for people entering the country from many places and no spectators allowed at events will it even happen ?
Steve Dixon has stated that the event won't go ahead if spectators aren't allowed to attend. Unless things change drastically, I can't see the MXDN happening, as there's too much up against it. Hope I'm wrong though.
Sideways
7/16/2020 5:25am
SydAus wrote:
Australia withdrew months ago
captmoto wrote:
OK. I missed that.
And it looks like they will also be racing a national st the same date as mxon.

I would say, skip mxon this year and come back stronger next year. Its not the same when its in the middle of a gp season and alot of countrys will not be able to come.

The Shop

7/16/2020 6:26am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2020 7:15am
I don’t care what sport it is. No professional sports that rely on live spectator income are going to happen this year. It sucks, but that’s the way it is. The television rights for outdoor motocross combined with sponsorship dollars are not sufficient to bridge the gap.

Unless a vaccine is introduced first, I have my doubts about Supercross beginning on time.

I sure hope I’m wrong.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
7/16/2020 8:13am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2020 8:27am
I don’t care what sport it is. No professional sports that rely on live spectator income are going to happen this year. It sucks, but that’s...
I don’t care what sport it is. No professional sports that rely on live spectator income are going to happen this year. It sucks, but that’s the way it is. The television rights for outdoor motocross combined with sponsorship dollars are not sufficient to bridge the gap.

Unless a vaccine is introduced first, I have my doubts about Supercross beginning on time.

I sure hope I’m wrong.
August 15th ~ starting at Lorettas
According to the rumors
7/16/2020 8:28am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2020 8:30am
I don’t care what sport it is. No professional sports that rely on live spectator income are going to happen this year. It sucks, but that’s...

I sure hope I’m wrong.
langhammx wrote:
August 15th ~ starting at Lorettas
According to the rumors
I sure hope it doesn’t go the way of the Ironman National scheduled to take place this weekend...
Mit12
7/16/2020 8:51am
captmoto wrote:
Why wouldn't the Lawrence Bros. be there? Has Oz called for their participation? France didn't want Marvin or Dylan last year and I thought I heard...
Why wouldn't the Lawrence Bros. be there? Has Oz called for their participation? France didn't want Marvin or Dylan last year and I thought I heard Ken was naturalizing here.
Because SX is way more important when you race in the USA. It kind of sucks but the truth hurts.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/16/2020 9:33am
OT wrote:
Done them a favour in all honesty, getting embarrasing now watching USA at the nations. Let them get prepared for next year.
STFU dude!
mxb2
7/16/2020 9:50am
OT wrote:
Done them a favour in all honesty, getting embarrasing now watching USA at the nations. Let them get prepared for next year.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
STFU dude!
Yep lol. And usa still the most mxon wins,. Probably lucky they havent won in awhile. Bet the haters were silent on the usa win streak.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
7/16/2020 10:15am
Not gonna lie. MXoN does lose 50% of its meaning to me. EU countries beating US was part of the fun last few years. Before that seeing US putting miracle races after horrible quali was the era before that.

I understand the decision but it still makes MXoN suck a bit...
Crossup
7/16/2020 11:28am
Not gonna lie. MXoN does lose 50% of its meaning to me. EU countries beating US was part of the fun last few years. Before that...
Not gonna lie. MXoN does lose 50% of its meaning to me. EU countries beating US was part of the fun last few years. Before that seeing US putting miracle races after horrible quali was the era before that.

Yes, and then there was the 13 years of consistent USA wins even before that. I see what you mean. Laughing
Bidirella
7/16/2020 12:14pm
When are other country’s/teams from Europe are gonna pull out of this 2020 event?

Its just makes zero sense to still hold this race with almost all country’s outside Europa are pulling out.

Its a GP anyway with being a points race for them
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
7/16/2020 12:32pm
Not gonna lie. MXoN does lose 50% of its meaning to me. EU countries beating US was part of the fun last few years. Before that...

Crossup wrote:
Yes, and then there was the 13 years of consistent USA wins even before that. I see what you mean. Laughing
That's the circle of life, my dude. The survival of the fastest or however did Darwin say that. Cool
Jordan421
Fantasy
2561st
7/16/2020 1:55pm
Not going to read every reply, but has anyone brought up Team PR? Could they have the beat finish ever, would be funny to me lol. either way I hope each nation is safe, we will be back next year!
OT
Fantasy
3031st
7/16/2020 11:56pm
OT wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
STFU dude!
mxb2 wrote:
Yep lol. And usa still the most mxon wins,. Probably lucky they havent won in awhile. Bet the haters were silent on the usa win streak.
I'm a massive team USA fan, maybe even more than my own, but even by their own admission they haven't been up to scratch recently due to Supercross commitments. It's a shame. Can people not voice their opinion on here?
teamddr
7/17/2020 12:07am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2020 12:13am
Under these circumstances it’s perfectly understandable but disappointing nonetheless. USA are box office material
when they send their best team.
The event is not feasible during the current situation and the whole thing smells of youthstream trying to recoop some lost revenue.
It’s the best race week of the year and deserves to left to more suitable times.
teamddr
7/17/2020 12:29am
cablecable wrote:
Going by the attendance at Redbud 18 I would say your in a Mxon bashing minority. I might even hazzard to guess if the USA dominance was being maintained you might have a different stance in the subject
RalphS
7/17/2020 12:57am

Yeah right, like Budds Creek '07.
mxb2
7/20/2020 7:47am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
STFU dude!
mxb2 wrote:
OT wrote:
I'm a massive team USA fan, maybe even more than my own, but even by their own admission they haven't been up to scratch recently due...
I'm a massive team USA fan, maybe even more than my own, but even by their own admission they haven't been up to scratch recently due to Supercross commitments. It's a shame. Can people not voice their opinion on here?
Yep, thats what forums are for. But usa bashing is funny. Best team in mxon. Stats dont lie.
mofomotojoe
7/21/2020 7:47pm
Love them
or hate them.
No other team presence or absence
makes such a difference

Post a reply to: Team USA Pulls Out of 2020 Motocross of Nations

The Latest