Team USA MXoN Win - the shine isn't fading

Ozy
We have all had a few days to glass off after the weekend victory, and I'm more pumped up than I was on Sunday!

So effing proud of our riders! Loving the way they all came together for US.

Did you guys see the video of Eli pulling up next to Chase after the 3rd race? You could not tell that 2 weeks ago they were in a heated championship race. Nothing but pure stoke!

Watching video of Eli getting goofey gleeful and over revving his bike. Watching video of Chase gassing over seeing this rarely seen side of Eli,

Justin seems relieved but still a little angsty over all the doubters.

There are a bunch of post race interviews with our team riders on You tube. Totally worth watching

USA!
|
aeffertz
9/28/2022 7:02pm
This event was in dire need of a US win. I’m sure Eli, Chase and Justin reignited a large chunk of American fans who were over this event after years and years of losing and strange teams being put together due to rider willingness and OEM support, or lack there of rather.

Hopefully everyone continues to be as excited when it’s not on home soil because the more top riders at this event, the better.
Alex814
9/28/2022 7:10pm
Ozy wrote:
We have all had a few days to glass off after the weekend victory, and I'm more pumped up than I was on Sunday! So effing...
We have all had a few days to glass off after the weekend victory, and I'm more pumped up than I was on Sunday!

So effing proud of our riders! Loving the way they all came together for US.

Did you guys see the video of Eli pulling up next to Chase after the 3rd race? You could not tell that 2 weeks ago they were in a heated championship race. Nothing but pure stoke!

Watching video of Eli getting goofey gleeful and over revving his bike. Watching video of Chase gassing over seeing this rarely seen side of Eli,

Justin seems relieved but still a little angsty over all the doubters.

There are a bunch of post race interviews with our team riders on You tube. Totally worth watching

USA!
I was on the fence by the finish line where Chase stopped after moto 3, and outside the Yamaha truck for the revving celebration. It's definitely all still sinking in for me as well, what a cool weekend.
Autotory117
9/28/2022 7:45pm
Sunday still hasn't left my mind, what an incredible weekend

The Shop

jemcee
9/28/2022 9:46pm
Ya reckon Eli has stopped doing that constant head bob thing yet? haha His neck has gotta be killing him

(by the way I'm not havin a go at him I think it's cool he's enjoying himself)
9/28/2022 10:40pm
The camaraderie between Eli, Chase, JCoop and all the team personnel was really cool. People were so much more into this year compared to the past. This may have been one of the best teams ever. Coops 4th in second moto was unreal. I don't get all the hate on JCoop and his chick. They seem like cool people.
RussB
Fantasy
1164th
9/29/2022 12:26am
Awesome weekend and very happy for the USA win!

I'll be at Ernee next year, and this USA win will make Ernee 2023 better. USA will enter it being last years winners, so can go in with high confidence and a renewed interest and desire in the event

It's going to be tough to beat the frenchies on home turf but so long as the main players stay injury free, the 2023 team should definitely be strong enough to do it
clarkgray432
Fantasy
4009th
9/29/2022 2:15am
The camaraderie between Eli, Chase, JCoop and all the team personnel was really cool. People were so much more into this year compared to the past...
The camaraderie between Eli, Chase, JCoop and all the team personnel was really cool. People were so much more into this year compared to the past. This may have been one of the best teams ever. Coops 4th in second moto was unreal. I don't get all the hate on JCoop and his chick. They seem like cool people.
Jett gave him some hate on the podium once and its never been the same since haha
9bro9
9/29/2022 2:41am Edited Date/Time 9/29/2022 3:08am
jemcee wrote:
Ya reckon Eli has stopped doing that constant head bob thing yet? haha His neck has gotta be killing him (by the way I'm not havin...
Ya reckon Eli has stopped doing that constant head bob thing yet? haha His neck has gotta be killing him

(by the way I'm not havin a go at him I think it's cool he's enjoying himself)
I hope he carries that same energy into next season, I dig seeing ET get hyped up, he's had the best season of his career and is going out on top, on his terms.

Coolest race experience I've ever had hands down, 1st time at Red Bud did NOT dissapoint !

JCoop caught some hate from me for the JMart crash in 2018, and I held onto it for a while. We all live and learn (hopefully). He had one job to do for MXoN & he went in there and got that shit done, had a statement ride winning MX2 on Saturday and the Overall on Sunday. Had his mama cryin' tears of joy in the pits after his second moto.

IDK if it's just me, but this looks like the passing of the torch - Eli to Chase

and holy Shit, Jago GREETS! - watch the f out for him in the future. The kid is the real deal.
motomike137
9/29/2022 4:32am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2022 3:34am
After watching our boys look somewhat dominant in the dry on Saturday I was very very nervous when the rains came. I just thought to myself this event can't catch a break as much as I was worried about our performance. When Eli busted out that start in moto 1 and went on to win my attitude suddenly brightened right up! I felt good about Justin's first moto as well. When the second moto went off and Hunter went down after contact with Justin and he and Chase were up front I knew we had a very legit shot to get it done. It didn't hurt that that it never really poured down and completely trashed the track. Even thought the racing line got narrow the track was damn good considering. I got a little nervous again at the start of moto 3 with Dylan out front and Maxime hot on his heels but then Dylan made his mistake. Cooper pulled off a 2nd moto that I always believed he was capable of and my belief that he could do that was the reason I felt he was the right choice all along once he got up to speed in the summer. Looking back it was a magical event for a USA team fan and I don't think too many people would argue that it was good thing for the sport. I am so impressed by the depth and speed of the younger European guys especially not to mention those boys from down under. I realize that there were a few big names that didn't or couldn't participate but our guys raced the riders who showed up and redeemed themselves after a disastrous day in 2018. I hope like hell that Eli decides that he needs to go to France next year and help the team defend their hard fought title!
JMCR250
9/29/2022 5:36am
It was a magical event. Great fun, and amazing vibe all weekend. During the USA's "streak" years, it seems we always caught a break here and there that allowed our team to win. During the recent run of "bad streak" years, it seems those breaks were always going against us (e.g., JA getting landed on after winning his moto). Sunday, everything went our way and our team brought it home with great rides.

Eli, Chase and Cooper rode their hearts out and performed very well, but it wasn't a cake walk. The French and Aussie riders were very good, and a few others showed some amazing speed (Geerts, Fernandez, etc.). It was just a really cool weekend and a great way to finish off what has been, at least in the U.S., an amazing outdoor MX season.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
9/29/2022 5:44am
RussB wrote:
Awesome weekend and very happy for the USA win! I'll be at Ernee next year, and this USA win will make Ernee 2023 better. USA will...
Awesome weekend and very happy for the USA win!

I'll be at Ernee next year, and this USA win will make Ernee 2023 better. USA will enter it being last years winners, so can go in with high confidence and a renewed interest and desire in the event

It's going to be tough to beat the frenchies on home turf but so long as the main players stay injury free, the 2023 team should definitely be strong enough to do it
I'll be at Ernee also... US riders have always rode well there. The home soil advantage is notably good, but the track doesn't favor any particular team. The top 4-5 teams will be in it to win it for sure.

Great time to be a moto fan!
cable
9/29/2022 6:57am
not to be a debbie downer but One thing i noticed was that the track was not very rough. they were smoothing out or pushing mud off. i thought they never did that at mxon? I think that helped us big time.
9/29/2022 6:59am
The camaraderie between Eli, Chase, JCoop and all the team personnel was really cool. People were so much more into this year compared to the past...
I was sitting in my car in the VIP parking on Sat killing time before the pit bike race and saw Justin and his girl leaving. I popped my head out of the car and yelled "you killed it man!" I got the impression he's kind of introverted. His girl is very attractive, I say that respectfully lol
motomike137
9/29/2022 7:19am
cable wrote:
not to be a debbie downer but One thing i noticed was that the track was not very rough. they were smoothing out or pushing mud...
not to be a debbie downer but One thing i noticed was that the track was not very rough. they were smoothing out or pushing mud off. i thought they never did that at mxon? I think that helped us big time.
While it probably eliminated some of the roughness I think getting rid of some of the slop should be allowed for the sake of the show. If they knew that a lot more rain was coming they probably wouldn't have bothered but I for one appreciated it and yes it didn't hurt our guys.
MotoCosmo
9/29/2022 7:23am
cable wrote:
not to be a debbie downer but One thing i noticed was that the track was not very rough. they were smoothing out or pushing mud...
I wasn't there but from the tv, I was assuming they were doing it to maybe help open up the track. It looked like anything outside the main line was too sloppy in the beginning and they kept pushing it off between each moto to help make multiple lines. I could be imagining it.
Moto Mofo
9/29/2022 7:46am
What the hell were the guys on this week’s Pulp Show talking about, when they were stating that the crowd was “subdued” on Sunday? They clearly weren’t down in the trenches, because everyone was WFO all weekend. Awesome atmosphere.
Alex814
9/29/2022 7:51am Edited Date/Time 9/29/2022 7:51am
Cooper was great, assuming Tomac is out I hope Cooper is in a position to go back and defend on a 450 next year.
9/29/2022 8:13am
cable wrote:
I saw Eli hit a square edge so hard it almost ripped the bars out of his hand.
JMCR250
9/29/2022 5:35pm
Yes, I saw plenty of guys coming up Mazda Hill and hitting holes so hard it just about put them down. Most of the guys hitting these bumps/holes never let off one millimeter.

As far as the crowd being subdued, I would agree early Sunday morning was pretty gloomy. Once the rain let up and skies cleared a bit it got better. When Eli came around P1 in Moto 1, the 5 deep rows of people lining the fences were roaring. If you watch the broadcast, you can actually hear the crowd roaring over the sound of the bikes and announcers at times.
Gimmick
9/29/2022 6:02pm
The jury still out on whether they even go to europe to defend this year. They barely beat Australia with a team consisting of two kids and a local pro
ShipLap
9/29/2022 6:14pm
After watching our boys look somewhat dominant in the dry on Saturday I was very very nervous when the rains came. I just thought to myself...
After watching our boys look somewhat dominant in the dry on Saturday I was very very nervous when the rains came. I just thought to myself this event can't catch a break as much as I was worried about our performance. When Eli busted out that start in moto 1 and went on to win my attitude suddenly brightened right up! I felt good about Justin's first moto as well. When the second moto went off and Hunter went down after contact with Justin and he and Chase were up front I knew we had a very legit shot to get it done. It didn't hurt that that it never really poured down and completely trashed the track. Even thought the racing line got narrow the track was damn good considering. I got a little nervous again at the start of moto 3 with Dylan out front and Maxime hot on his heels but then Dylan made his mistake. Cooper pulled off a 2nd moto that I always believed he was capable of and my belief that he could do that was the reason I felt he was the right choice all along once he got up to speed in the summer. Looking back it was a magical event for a USA team fan and I don't think too many people would argue that it was good thing for the sport. I am so impressed by the depth and speed of the younger European guys especially not to mention those boys from down under. I realize that there were a few big names that didn't or couldn't participate but our guys raced the riders who showed up and redeemed themselves after a disastrous day in 2018. I hope like hell that Eli decides that he needs to go to France next year and help the team defend their hard fought title!
Cooper pulled off a third moto that I always believed he was capable of and my belief that he could do that was the reason I felt he was the right choice all along once he got up to speed in the summer.

Cooper only raced two motos.
ShipLap
9/29/2022 6:18pm
Moto Mofo wrote:
What the hell were the guys on this week’s Pulp Show talking about, when they were stating that the crowd was “subdued” on Sunday? They clearly...
What the hell were the guys on this week’s Pulp Show talking about, when they were stating that the crowd was “subdued” on Sunday? They clearly weren’t down in the trenches, because everyone was WFO all weekend. Awesome atmosphere.
When the skies opened up Sunday morning, 60,000 people were like "Oh crap.."
Deja vu big time.
That may be what they are referring to. Thousands of us were pensive.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
9/29/2022 6:40pm
I've been going to pro races since the '76 Trans-AM, haven't missed a Hangtown National in 20 years, and have NEVER felt the same as last weekends MXdN. No, the shine isn't fading.
I'm even looking into Ernee next year, gotta work on a line for the wife but I have some time......
motomike137
9/30/2022 3:33am
After watching our boys look somewhat dominant in the dry on Saturday I was very very nervous when the rains came. I just thought to myself...
ShipLap wrote:
[i]Cooper pulled off a third moto that I always believed he was capable of and my belief that he could do that was the reason I...
Cooper pulled off a third moto that I always believed he was capable of and my belief that he could do that was the reason I felt he was the right choice all along once he got up to speed in the summer.

Cooper only raced two motos.
I didn't proof read my stuff well enough lol. You know what I meant anyway smartass lol.
walleyeguy
9/30/2022 4:32am
Soooooo....Eli was asked if he would do it next year if asked. His response certainly indicated he would but.......would he be asked if he doesn't do outdoors? It would be tough not to ask him but 5/6 months of not racing then go full bore? Guess it's probably way early to think about.
9/30/2022 5:33am
Hot take- if Eli didn’t holeshot moto 1 his results look very similar to 2018.. (prob 3-6ish depending on how bad the start was).

What do we attribute the poor 2018 team atmosphere to? Barcia being on the team lol ?

Yeah agree Cooper with a lot of angst still ?? Dude you can’t fault anyone for doubting after your inconsistency, get over it and enjoy the moment!
I wonder where Craig would of finished, May have found a 6-8th place in that second moto?

So proud of the guys for getting it done.. hope Eli does a few rounds of MX next year so he gets a shot to run the #1 plates (AMA MX and MXDN !)
Press516
Fantasy
90th
9/30/2022 5:47am
Gimmick wrote:
The jury still out on whether they even go to europe to defend this year. They barely beat Australia with a team consisting of two kids...
The jury still out on whether they even go to europe to defend this year. They barely beat Australia with a team consisting of two kids and a local pro
Well that's the stupidest post of the week....

The US scores were 1-2-3-4-6.... Not the best possible for sure, but one of the lowest winning scores in the history of the MXoN. Many, if not most times this race is won with scores in the mid to upper 20's. maybe you aren't the student of the sport that you think you are.

Post a reply to: Team USA MXoN Win - the shine isn't fading

The Latest