Team USA Leatt Braces up for grabs

tatonka
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 2:34pm
Leatt Charity Auction

Used & signed by Dungey, Canard & Short. 100% of the proceeds going to help injured riders. Ebay auction ends November 1rst.

For Immediate Release

Leatt Charity Auction
Own a Leatt brace worn by Team USA’s Ryan Dungey, Trey Canard or Andrew Short in the 2010 Motocross of Nations victory.

Medford, OR (Oct 22, 2010) - Motocross is a sport rich with history, and now is the perfect chance to own a piece with the Leatt Charity Auction to benefit the RiderDown Foundation. Leatt prepared three custom neck braces to protect Team USA at the Motocross of Nations where Ryan Dungey, Trey Canard and Andrew Short defended our national pride with a victory in Lakewood, Colorado. These three neck braces, still dirty from battle and drenched in glory, are autographed by each rider and available for purchase through the Leatt Charity Auction hosted on MotorcycleUSA.com

As five-time defending champions, Team USA had the honor of sporting the top three numbers, Ryan Dungey #1, Trey Canard #2 and Andrew Short #3. All three men put on a true demonstration of the American spirit with hard work and determination to bring home the Chamberlain Trophy for a sixth consecutive time. The race is won, but now you have the opportunity to participate in another American tradition by supporting our fallen comrades. Proceeds from the auction go directly to RiderDown.org the leader in assistance for riders and families dealing with medical expenses.

“Leatt is very happy to be supporting the RiderDown Foundation,” says Leatt Brand Manager, Jason McCune. “Injuries are a reality of this sport and we have to recognize the need to help those who have been hurt. Riderdown.org makes this a reality for many people and their families who need assistance with medical bills and other related issues. Not only can you own the brace that our MXoN champions participated in, but you can also help make a difference in the lives of many people.”

Safety is a top concern for all motorcyclists and Leatt is on the forefront of neck brace development. It’s no wonder Team USA relies on them to stay healthy. Leatt created one-off custom graphics for the MXoN, featuring “2010 Team USA Motocross of Nations” with personalized names, numbers and the Stars and Stripes.

“I’m very excited that we can partner with Leatt for this wonderful auction,” says RiderDown Foundation’s Bruce Vermeulen. “Motocross of Nations is the pinnacle of our sport, and I’m ecstatic that memorabilia from Team USA is supporting our cause. Winning in such dramatic fashion on our home soil makes this a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and the riders are extremely generous to let us have these priceless items. I just can’t believe it.”
The auction begins Oct. 22 and closes Nov. 1, so visit the Leatt Charity Auction on MotorcycleUSA.com for a chance to bid on each brace.

About Leatt Brace

Leatt® is a sign of commitment, passion and dedication. It shows the world that you’re serious about your sport and, when it comes to safety, you don’t accept half-measures. It’s a badge of honor. A choice.

About RiderDown Foundation
RiderDown is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping responsible off road motorcyclists and ATV racers who have been injured while riding. Proceeds are used to provide assistance to the riders and their families when faced with medical expenses and related issues.

About Motorcycle USA
MotorcycleUSA.com is the most advanced and diverse motorcycle content site on the Web. For more than a decade, MotorcycleUSA.com has provided breaking industry news, comprehensive motorcycle reviews and gear evaluations as well as extensive motorcycle racing coverage for both road and dirt. In addition there are more photographs, motorcycle specifications, rider impressions and online motorcycle videos than any Internet publication.

###

|
Cygnus
10/26/2010 8:01am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2010 8:02am
Awesome. I will bid but most likely not win.
ocscottie
10/26/2010 9:19am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2010 9:23am
Right on Bruce, i added the PR and put an entry on the front page.

btw: in the PR on a couple of the links, you have periods (.) at the end of the URLs, so the links dont function. **i fixed them.
tatonka
10/26/2010 10:52am
Thanks Scotty - I tried to post the PR directly as it was received from MotorcycleUSA but.....!

Tommy - thanks, I'll be bidding too and while I'd love to have any one of the 3 braces I'm hoping that for the sake of the injured riders we help that I get outbid!
jmc2
Fantasy
1626th
10/26/2010 12:54pm
Very cool for sure...

The Shop

tatonka
10/27/2010 1:39pm
Thanks Jim! 5 days left in the auction - right now there's only been one bid on Trey's brace!
tatonka
10/28/2010 10:01am
Keeping this alive! Who's your favorite out of these three?
Cygnus
10/28/2010 10:03am
I ran the short one up to 455.00. I will go bid on trey's now.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
10/28/2010 10:43am
Cygnus wrote:
Knock it off.. you're killing me! j/k... I don't have the juice to hang in a game like this with the high rollers..
Cygnus
10/28/2010 10:45am
Cygnus wrote:
FGR01 wrote:
Knock it off.. you're killing me! j/k... I don't have the juice to hang in a game like this with the high rollers..
Woohoo

Me either, but thought I would try and help out best I can.
tatonka
10/28/2010 10:58am
Love it!! Keep in mind...100% of this money goes towards helping our fellow riders who have crashed and are in serious need of a helping hand.

tatonka
10/31/2010 9:11am
Auction ends in 1 day, 9 hrs, some minutes.... Braces are still trading for less than an unsigned Sport model!!

Hank_Thrill
10/31/2010 10:10am Edited Date/Time 10/31/2010 1:12pm
Has anyone ever noticed, that the greatest country on the planet is the only country who depends on these auctions for downed riders? Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe it's time to support nationalized health care?

Imagine never having to pay a bill for a severely broken leg. Or not having to worry about not being covered by insurance, because you ride a motorcycle. Or not have to worry about going bankrupt from an injury. These scenarios do happen to other people, and I've read a lot of riders on here claim that they quit riding because they can't afford insurance. Not to mention, there are some professional athletes who have been severely injured, and got completely F***ed because they couldn't get covered by insurance due to their occupation; and no fundraiser, or T-shirt company is ever going to raise enough money to get these action sports athletes out of debt.

The system does not benefit the people of America as a whole, but it does benefit a few, and I'm not talking about the people who can afford quality health care. The people that the system is benefiting are the people that spend millions of dollars each year lobbying politicians and disseminating false information to scare people away from supporting a system that is actually highly functional, along with to maintain the most profitable health care system in the world.

Both Democrats and Republicans, white collar, blue collar - it doesn't matter what color of shirt you have on - are the ones getting screwed over with this current system. Obama's "Historical health care legislation" was anything but that. Actually, it was historical in the sense that it now forces a country suffering from a recession with one of the widest wealth gaps on the planet to purchase insurance, which does nothing more but benefit the people who spent, once again, millions of dollars lobbying politicians to ensure no significant health care reform takes place.

America ranks second on total expenditure of health care of all other nations, yet we have the highest preventable mortality rate. We also rank 37th in performance behind these countries:

The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems.

1 France

2 Italy

3 San Marino

4 Andorra

5 Malta

6 Singapore

7 Spain

8 Oman

9 Austria

10 Japan

11 Norway

12 Portugal

13 Monaco

14 Greece

15 Iceland

16 Luxembourg

17 Netherlands

18 United Kingdom

19 Ireland

20 Switzerland

21 Belgium

22 Colombia

23 Sweden

24 Cyprus

25 Germany

26 Saudi Arabia

27 United Arab Emirates

28 Israel

29 Morocco

30 Canada

31 Finland

32 Australia

33 Chile

34 Denmark

35 Dominica

36 Costa Rica

37 United States of America

~God Bless America
TeamGreen
10/31/2010 10:24am
Has anyone ever noticed, that the greatest country on the planet is the only country who depends on these auctions for downed riders? Has anyone ever...
Has anyone ever noticed, that the greatest country on the planet is the only country who depends on these auctions for downed riders? Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe it's time to support nationalized health care?

Imagine never having to pay a bill for a severely broken leg. Or not having to worry about not being covered by insurance, because you ride a motorcycle. Or not have to worry about going bankrupt from an injury. These scenarios do happen to other people, and I've read a lot of riders on here claim that they quit riding because they can't afford insurance. Not to mention, there are some professional athletes who have been severely injured, and got completely F***ed because they couldn't get covered by insurance due to their occupation; and no fundraiser, or T-shirt company is ever going to raise enough money to get these action sports athletes out of debt.

The system does not benefit the people of America as a whole, but it does benefit a few, and I'm not talking about the people who can afford quality health care. The people that the system is benefiting are the people that spend millions of dollars each year lobbying politicians and disseminating false information to scare people away from supporting a system that is actually highly functional, along with to maintain the most profitable health care system in the world.

Both Democrats and Republicans, white collar, blue collar - it doesn't matter what color of shirt you have on - are the ones getting screwed over with this current system. Obama's "Historical health care legislation" was anything but that. Actually, it was historical in the sense that it now forces a country suffering from a recession with one of the widest wealth gaps on the planet to purchase insurance, which does nothing more but benefit the people who spent, once again, millions of dollars lobbying politicians to ensure no significant health care reform takes place.

America ranks second on total expenditure of health care of all other nations, yet we have the highest preventable mortality rate. We also rank 37th in performance behind these countries:

1 France

2 Italy

3 San Marino

4 Andorra

5 Malta

6 Singapore

7 Spain

8 Oman

9 Austria

10 Japan

11 Norway

12 Portugal

13 Monaco

14 Greece

15 Iceland

16 Luxembourg

17 Netherlands

18 United Kingdom

19 Ireland

20 Switzerland

21 Belgium

22 Colombia

23 Sweden

24 Cyprus

25 Germany

26 Saudi Arabia

27 United Arab Emirates

28 Israel

29 Morocco

30 Canada

31 Finland

32 Australia

33 Chile

34 Denmark

35 Dominica

36 Costa Rica

~God Bless America
No
Hank_Thrill
10/31/2010 1:02pm
Has anyone ever noticed, that the greatest country on the planet is the only country who depends on these auctions for downed riders? Has anyone ever...

1 France

2 Italy

3 San Marino

4 Andorra

5 Malta

6 Singapore

7 Spain

8 Oman

9 Austria

10 Japan

11 Norway

12 Portugal

13 Monaco

14 Greece

15 Iceland

16 Luxembourg

17 Netherlands

18 United Kingdom

19 Ireland

20 Switzerland

21 Belgium

22 Colombia

23 Sweden

24 Cyprus

25 Germany

26 Saudi Arabia

27 United Arab Emirates

28 Israel

29 Morocco

30 Canada

31 Finland

32 Australia

33 Chile

34 Denmark

35 Dominica

36 Costa Rica

~God Bless America
TeamGreen wrote:
No
Why? Please explain...
DanDunes818
10/31/2010 1:11pm

1 France

2 Italy

3 San Marino

4 Andorra

5 Malta

6 Singapore

7 Spain

8 Oman

9 Austria

10 Japan

11 Norway

12 Portugal

13 Monaco

14 Greece

15 Iceland

16 Luxembourg

17 Netherlands

18 United Kingdom

19 Ireland

20 Switzerland

21 Belgium

22 Colombia

23 Sweden

24 Cyprus

25 Germany

26 Saudi Arabia

27 United Arab Emirates

28 Israel

29 Morocco

30 Canada

31 Finland

32 Australia

33 Chile

34 Denmark

35 Dominica

36 Costa Rica

~God Bless America
100% agree. This stuff isn't Hanks opinion. This shit is the facts. We have the worst health care of any and all civilized nations.
tatonka
11/1/2010 9:58am
Without getting into the health care debate or for that matter any political BS - the facts are that many of our fellow riders and their families are in desperate need of a helping hand when they are facing the consequences of crashing on a dirt bike. RiderDown has helped more riders in this situation than any other charitable organization that I know of. RDF helps riders that don't have a huge fan base, the everyday rider who rides just for the love of the sport. When they go down people aren't clamoring over each other trying to throw money their way...that's why RDF was started. Without your support we couldn't provide any help to these people. Take a look at the RiderDown.org website...read some of the stories about the injured riders, read through the list of riders we've helped. Then dig down and make a donation, buy some RDF swag or bid on a Leatt Brace and help make a dfiference in the lives of the people who have something in common with you - a passion for dirt bikes!

Post a reply to: Team USA Leatt Braces up for grabs

The Latest