Team USA 2020

10/2/2019 6:15am
Im not at all saying the US is the strongest nation outdoors right now. However, what I am saying is I'm not going to concede that...
Im not at all saying the US is the strongest nation outdoors right now. However, what I am saying is I'm not going to concede that the US isn't the strongest nation when we are sending our B teams.
Nuffsaid wrote:
Only NED had a “A” team, every other nation had “B” teams. One team on the podium had a rider who doesn’t even race MX.
Cool, so those B teams beat our B team? Thats completely irrelevant to what I was saying.
ayearinmx
10/2/2019 6:23am
DPR250R wrote:
Pits and facility were fine on the ground. Wasn't an issue at all, felt more like a wet supercross since it took place in a race...
Pits and facility were fine on the ground. Wasn't an issue at all, felt more like a wet supercross since it took place in a race facility. The paddock was my favorite part of the trip... lol.

The wind and rain just really, really sucked. Just got back today and watched the full broadcast. TV does not do the conditions justice at all.
Careful... From what I've learnt, people sitting at home on their sofa know EXACTLY how bad it was there at Assen.

But yes, pits were fine and I'm so very thankful we were at Assen and not Ernee with that amount of rain. Even the car park was perfectly ok
RG1
10/2/2019 6:26am
Well yes, but none of them have been that bad. The racing has been pretty good at all of them and the top boys were all going pretty fast. None of them were wheels on the ground slopfests, this years was probably the closest. However the last mudder at MXdN before 2017 was 1998. So nearly 20 years without one. I don’t think we’ve done too bad
10/2/2019 6:28am
kpiper wrote:
Ok, Tomac is #1 US outdoors rider by a good margin. But who else would have been a better pick than JA or ZO? You would...
Ok, Tomac is #1 US outdoors rider by a good margin. But who else would have been a better pick than JA or ZO?

You would have to say either one of them could be considered the next best 450 rider to Eli. Cooper Webb got hurt but didn't want to go anyway. Who else is better on the 450 right now?
If you consider who "wants" to go, then sure, that was one of our best teams - more than likely the best, but thats not what...
If you consider who "wants" to go, then sure, that was one of our best teams - more than likely the best, but thats not what im saying.

Any sane person with common knowledge of our sport will tell you a team of Tomac, AC, and then JA or ZO would likely be a completely different outcome. Hell just having Tomac on the team gets us on the podium imo. Not to mention AC was by far our most consistent outdoor 250 rider - not saying he gets away soil sample free, but I highly doubt he would throw up two shit motos.

Obviously the elements played a huge factor and theres no way to predict what would happen, but it is fact that we had two better more consistent riders that we could have sent, thats all I'm saying.

I'm not sure how anyone can argue for the squad we sent being our best team when BOTH of our outdoor champions were not on the team.

Edit:
A - Team
450 MX19 OA: ET - 1st / JA - 4th
250 MX19 OA: AC - 1st

B - Team
450 MX19 OA: JA - 4th / ZO - 5th
250 MX19 OA: JC - 3rd

You can't count 2nd and 3rd as they were not Americans so Anderson was 2nd and Osborne 3rd. You can't count 2nd as he was not...
You can't count 2nd and 3rd as they were not Americans so Anderson was 2nd and Osborne 3rd.
You can't count 2nd as he was not American so Cooper was 2nd.

Fixed it for ya'll

A - Team
450 MX19 OA: ET - 1st / JA - 2nd

B - Team
450 MX19 OA: JA - 2nd / ZO - 3rd
250 MX19 OA: JC - 2nd
Good lord. Its like arguing with children on here sometimes.

I was simply stating we have two champions we could have sent compared to guys that got 3rd and 5th overall in the 2019 LUCAS OIL PRO MOTOCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP. Obviously I'm aware foreign riders are in our series, and those riders bested our second best Americans - aka you are correct our B team was comprised of our next best Americans which is also exactly what I just illustrated before you butchered their outdoor results.

The Shop

Mr. Afterbar
10/2/2019 6:30am
philG wrote:
When it was already too late..he was shocking in the first race . By moto 3 everyone else was riding for their podiums , and if...
When it was already too late..he was shocking in the first race . By moto 3 everyone else was riding for their podiums , and if Simpson hadnt had a chain break we would have been 3rd.
Every moto counts, it doesn’t make any difference if you thought it was too late, he was still the best American. He was on the ground...
Every moto counts, it doesn’t make any difference if you thought it was too late, he was still the best American. He was on the ground in the first turn of both motos and went 6-3. For comparison Dungey went 2-11, and was in that same third moto as Tomac.

The year prior he had that spectacular crash and came back to nearly win the next moto finishing second to Roczen. Both riders were on 250s, by the way.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
You're wasting your time . He doesn't like Tomac and will never give him credit for anything. Come to think of it he looks down on...
You're wasting your time . He doesn't like Tomac and will never give him credit for anything. Come to think of it he looks down on American motocross as a whole yet still comes here and posts pretty much every day.
Spot on. I literally said nothing more than he was going fast and it was fun to watch, yet Phil can't handle such a simple concept and has to somehow turn it into a MXGP / USA debate making excuses for everyone but the US riders. It really is pathetic and too rempant on this board. Feels like I'm posting in MX Geoff's personal forum lately.
10/2/2019 7:07am
If you consider who "wants" to go, then sure, that was one of our best teams - more than likely the best, but thats not what...
If you consider who "wants" to go, then sure, that was one of our best teams - more than likely the best, but thats not what im saying.

Any sane person with common knowledge of our sport will tell you a team of Tomac, AC, and then JA or ZO would likely be a completely different outcome. Hell just having Tomac on the team gets us on the podium imo. Not to mention AC was by far our most consistent outdoor 250 rider - not saying he gets away soil sample free, but I highly doubt he would throw up two shit motos.

Obviously the elements played a huge factor and theres no way to predict what would happen, but it is fact that we had two better more consistent riders that we could have sent, thats all I'm saying.

I'm not sure how anyone can argue for the squad we sent being our best team when BOTH of our outdoor champions were not on the team.

Edit:
A - Team
450 MX19 OA: ET - 1st / JA - 4th

B - Team
450 MX19 OA: JA - 4th / ZO - 5th
250 MX19 OA: JC - 3rd

You can't count 2nd and 3rd as they were not Americans so Anderson was 2nd and Osborne 3rd. You can't count 2nd as he was not...
You can't count 2nd and 3rd as they were not Americans so Anderson was 2nd and Osborne 3rd.

Fixed it for ya'll

A - Team

B - Team
Good lord. Its like arguing with children on here sometimes. I was simply stating we have two champions we could have sent compared to guys that...

I was simply stating we have two champions we could have sent compared to guys that got 3rd and 5th overall in the 2019 LUCAS OIL PRO MOTOCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP. Obviously I'm aware foreign riders are in our series, and those riders bested our second best Americans - aka you are correct our B team was comprised of our next best Americans which is also exactly what I just illustrated before you butchered their outdoor results.

I simply removed the other US championship riders you could not send. You implied you only sent your 4th and 5th best riders in your B team. This is not the case you sent your 2nd and 3rd best riders so only the champion was missing. If JA had finished 10th and there had been 8 Euros or otherwise in the middle is he your 10th best option? No he's still second. I don't think it's that hard to work out where I was coming from. You don't seem to understand where your own thinking is coming from. I corrected your options not butchered them.
10/2/2019 7:23am

Fixed it for ya'll

A - Team

B - Team
Good lord. Its like arguing with children on here sometimes. I was simply stating we have two champions we could have sent compared to guys that...

I simply removed the other US championship riders you could not send. You implied you only sent your 4th and 5th best riders in your B...
I simply removed the other US championship riders you could not send. You implied you only sent your 4th and 5th best riders in your B team. This is not the case you sent your 2nd and 3rd best riders so only the champion was missing. If JA had finished 10th and there had been 8 Euros or otherwise in the middle is he your 10th best option? No he's still second. I don't think it's that hard to work out where I was coming from. You don't seem to understand where your own thinking is coming from. I corrected your options not butchered them.
I can't tell if you're trolling or serious... I really hope it's not the latter.

It literally says MX19 OA... aka the place each rider got in the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series overall. I can't get any more clear than that. Not to mention I also just explained in the simplest of laymen terms for you to understand what i intended to mean and you still attached YOUR interpretation.

So please, tell me again what I mean even though I'm the one who wrote it.
10/2/2019 7:28am

Fixed it for ya'll

A - Team

B - Team

I simply removed the other US championship riders you could not send. You implied you only sent your 4th and 5th best riders in your B...
Also, if you're "older&wiser" I pity anyone who has had a convo with the previous version of you.
10/2/2019 9:49am

Also, if you're "older&wiser" I pity anyone who has had a convo with the previous version of you.
We'll send more foreigners over and you can complain that you only sent a 25th place rider so how could you win. I'm not trolling you are in denial.
philG
10/2/2019 10:42am
Every moto counts, it doesn’t make any difference if you thought it was too late, he was still the best American. He was on the ground...
Every moto counts, it doesn’t make any difference if you thought it was too late, he was still the best American. He was on the ground in the first turn of both motos and went 6-3. For comparison Dungey went 2-11, and was in that same third moto as Tomac.

The year prior he had that spectacular crash and came back to nearly win the next moto finishing second to Roczen. Both riders were on 250s, by the way.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
You're wasting your time . He doesn't like Tomac and will never give him credit for anything. Come to think of it he looks down on...
You're wasting your time . He doesn't like Tomac and will never give him credit for anything. Come to think of it he looks down on American motocross as a whole yet still comes here and posts pretty much every day.
Spot on. I literally said nothing more than he was going fast and it was fun to watch, yet Phil can't handle such a simple concept...
Spot on. I literally said nothing more than he was going fast and it was fun to watch, yet Phil can't handle such a simple concept and has to somehow turn it into a MXGP / USA debate making excuses for everyone but the US riders. It really is pathetic and too rempant on this board. Feels like I'm posting in MX Geoff's personal forum lately.
But its a fact, he was blazing fast in the last Moto , against riders who were already in cruise mode to bring home the results they already had. Nobody else was laying it down because they didnt have to. For me it was the begining of the "hot and cold 'Tomac... was awful in his first tace, and as i was there trackside in Latvia i know what i saw. Seem to recall Dungey getting chased the whole race by Coldenhoff on a 250 as well. Just because you dont like it doesnt make it wrong.
10/2/2019 10:43am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2019 10:48am
We'll send more foreigners over and you can complain that you only sent a 25th place rider so how could you win. I'm not trolling you...
We'll send more foreigners over and you can complain that you only sent a 25th place rider so how could you win. I'm not trolling you are in denial.
Alright Chief, I'll bite. First off I'm not in denial nor complaining about our results - you would know this if you actually read my other posts.

Now let's take ZO and JC for example. ZO finished 5th OA in the outdoor series, not 3rd as you had erroneously corrected my earlier post. Eli, KR, MM, and JA all finished in front of him, thus he was the 5th best guy in the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series. JC finished 3rd OA in the series, thus he was the 3rd fastest guy in the series. You are 100% correct ZO and JC are the next best Americans that we could send, and I have already conceded this.

However, theres a pretty big difference between CHAMPION of the series and the 5th best guy and CHAMPION of the series and the 3rd best guy, wouldn't you say? Regardless of the nations the riders represent, my whole point is that we had two significantly better riders we could have sent. Thats all i'm saying.

I'm not sure why you can't wrap your tiny brain around that. I've basically explained this at a 5 year old reading level multiple times now.
10/2/2019 11:01am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2019 11:12am
We'll send more foreigners over and you can complain that you only sent a 25th place rider so how could you win. I'm not trolling you...
Alright Chief, I'll bite. First off I'm not in denial nor complaining about our results - you would know this if you actually read my other...
Alright Chief, I'll bite. First off I'm not in denial nor complaining about our results - you would know this if you actually read my other posts.

Now let's take ZO and JC for example. ZO finished 5th OA in the outdoor series, not 3rd as you had erroneously corrected my earlier post. Eli, KR, MM, and JA all finished in front of him, thus he was the 5th best guy in the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series. JC finished 3rd OA in the series, thus he was the 3rd fastest guy in the series. You are 100% correct ZO and JC are the next best Americans that we could send, and I have already conceded this.

However, theres a pretty big difference between CHAMPION of the series and the 5th best guy and CHAMPION of the series and the 3rd best guy, wouldn't you say? Regardless of the nations the riders represent, my whole point is that we had two significantly better riders we could have sent. Thats all i'm saying.

I'm not sure why you can't wrap your tiny brain around that. I've basically explained this at a 5 year old reading level multiple times now.
No. He was 2nd best American unless you think you can send Roczen and Musquin. What if Roczen had won and Musquin was 2nd and Tomac 3rd. Who would be your best rider? Roczen who happens to be German and could of rode for them or Musquin who's French and could have rode for them? Tomac who finished 3rd would be your number 1 rider. This is one country against a lot of other countries. You send your countries best riders in this case, if Tomac won't go, it's Anderson and Osborne. You couldn't send anyone better once the 2 champions were out. Simple as. God it's like banging your head against a wall.

Your system works if it's one championship against another but it's not hence in the past the US has used Americans riding in Europe. If it will help your cas tell me who you would send who finished higher than thet did?
10/2/2019 11:17am
Alright Chief, I'll bite. First off I'm not in denial nor complaining about our results - you would know this if you actually read my other...

No. He was 2nd best American unless you think you can send Roczen and Musquin. What if Roczen had won and Musquin was 2nd and Tomac...
No. He was 2nd best American unless you think you can send Roczen and Musquin. What if Roczen had won and Musquin was 2nd and Tomac 3rd. Who would be your best rider? Roczen who happens to be German and could of rode for them or Musquin who's French and could have rode for them? Tomac who finished 3rd would be your number 1 rider. This is one country against a lot of other countries. You send your countries best riders in this case, if Tomac won't go, it's Anderson and Osborne. You couldn't send anyone better once the 2 champions were out. Simple as. God it's like banging your head against a wall.

Your system works if it's one championship against another but it's not hence in the past the US has used Americans riding in Europe. If it will help your cas tell me who you would send who finished higher than thet did?
You have to be trolling. Nobody is this dumb.
10/2/2019 11:20am

No. He was 2nd best American unless you think you can send Roczen and Musquin. What if Roczen had won and Musquin was 2nd and Tomac...

I was thinking the same. Tell who was better and you will convince me.
10/2/2019 11:23am

dude I can't even have a conversation with you if you don't understand my position and what I'm saying. You're arguing something I'm not even debating
10/2/2019 11:27am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2019 11:28am
dude I can't even have a conversation with you if you don't understand my position and what I'm saying. You're arguing something I'm not even debating
I told you, send me names of who finished higher who you could send. It's not rocket science.

I'm off out so think about it for a few hours and see who you come up with.
10/2/2019 11:29am
I told you, send me names of who finished higher who you could send. It's not rocket science. I'm off out so think about it for...
I told you, send me names of who finished higher who you could send. It's not rocket science.

go back and reread my position. I'm not explaining it again. You're literally arguing something I'm not debating at all.
10/2/2019 11:33am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2019 11:33am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Spot on. I literally said nothing more than he was going fast and it was fun to watch, yet Phil can't handle such a simple concept...
philG wrote:
But its a fact, he was blazing fast in the last Moto , against riders who were already in cruise mode to bring home the results...
But its a fact, he was blazing fast in the last Moto , against riders who were already in cruise mode to bring home the results they already had. Nobody else was laying it down because they didnt have to. For me it was the begining of the "hot and cold 'Tomac... was awful in his first tace, and as i was there trackside in Latvia i know what i saw. Seem to recall Dungey getting chased the whole race by Coldenhoff on a 250 as well. Just because you dont like it doesnt make it wrong.
If you were there you should remember Tomac riding the final moto of the day on a set of forks he hadn’t ridden on all weekend. Not that it matters but I just want to get all the excuses out there like you are doing
10/2/2019 11:39am
I told you, send me names of who finished higher who you could send. It's not rocket science. I'm off out so think about it for...

I went back and the only thing i can see that a 4th grader could possibly get hung up on is me saying the 5th best guy and the 3rd best guy even though I was CLEARLY referring to the 5th and 3rd best guys in the LUCAS OIL PRO MOTOCROSS series (NOT the 5th and 3rd best US riders) considering ive said it a thousand times now including the paragraph immediately above where I said it.

If you're still having trouble following then I give up, you're a lost cause. I didn't know i would have to spell it out but for the final time the riders we sent were the NEXT BEST americans, i'm not debating that at all.
10/2/2019 1:37pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2019 1:40pm

I went back and the only thing i can see that a 4th grader could possibly get hung up on is me saying the 5th best...
I went back and the only thing i can see that a 4th grader could possibly get hung up on is me saying the 5th best guy and the 3rd best guy even though I was CLEARLY referring to the 5th and 3rd best guys in the LUCAS OIL PRO MOTOCROSS series (NOT the 5th and 3rd best US riders) considering ive said it a thousand times now including the paragraph immediately above where I said it.

If you're still having trouble following then I give up, you're a lost cause. I didn't know i would have to spell it out but for the final time the riders we sent were the NEXT BEST americans, i'm not debating that at all.
Well done you realised that you sent your 2nd and 3rd best riders. Spelling it out is unecessary as that is exactly what I said. It makes no difference where they finished in your championship. Saying they finished down in 4th and 5th not higher implies you had other options which you didn't. Well done. If only you could realise that the Americans were the only ones that counted in the first place.
10/2/2019 1:57pm
I really think some of you US guys are being negative & unfair to your boys, shame for these lads, the riders you sent were plenty good enough, if the conditions had been a bit nicer & lady luck shone in their favor I think they would have been 2nd & made a good building block for next year.

They all tried their arses off & I feel a bit sad for them as they were so unlucky.

Bollox to Tomac leave him, send Anderson & Ciancarulo & Forkner or Justin Cooper to France next year & they may probably win on a proper track.

The Dutch will still be ripping though as they are at he top of the tree at the moment.

If the French federation can stop being pricks they could win too, Febvre, Ferrandis Vialle Musquin or Paulin

Be proud of your boys they tried so hard you could see it in their faces they wanted to win.
philG
10/2/2019 2:01pm
If you were there you should remember Tomac riding the final moto of the day on a set of forks he hadn’t ridden on all weekend...
If you were there you should remember Tomac riding the final moto of the day on a set of forks he hadn’t ridden on all weekend. Not that it matters but I just want to get all the excuses out there like you are doing
What does that have to do with anything? He was fast. He hadnt been up to that point. Sounds like just what i said. At the point he was 'so much faster' nobody else was needing to be fast.. France had it won , Belgium had 2nd sewn up and we had one hand on third until Simpson broke a chain, it was a desperation ride and even if he had won, you wouldnt have made the podium without our DNF. But thats the Nations . Some times it goes your way and sometimes it doesnt
Press516
Fantasy
111th
10/2/2019 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2019 2:18pm
Hamster 75 wrote:
I really think some of you US guys are being negative & unfair to your boys, shame for these lads, the riders you sent were plenty...
I really think some of you US guys are being negative & unfair to your boys, shame for these lads, the riders you sent were plenty good enough, if the conditions had been a bit nicer & lady luck shone in their favor I think they would have been 2nd & made a good building block for next year.

They all tried their arses off & I feel a bit sad for them as they were so unlucky.

Bollox to Tomac leave him, send Anderson & Ciancarulo & Forkner or Justin Cooper to France next year & they may probably win on a proper track.

The Dutch will still be ripping though as they are at he top of the tree at the moment.

If the French federation can stop being pricks they could win too, Febvre, Ferrandis Vialle Musquin or Paulin

Be proud of your boys they tried so hard you could see it in their faces they wanted to win.
“Most” of us ‘Mericans are right in line with this thinking. The USA will not be the favorite in France, but considered more of a contender for the OA than they were this year. Super proud of their effort, regardless of the bad luck at Assen.
10/2/2019 3:11pm
philG wrote:
What does that have to do with anything? He was fast. He hadnt been up to that point. Sounds like just what i said. At the...
What does that have to do with anything? He was fast. He hadnt been up to that point. Sounds like just what i said. At the point he was 'so much faster' nobody else was needing to be fast.. France had it won , Belgium had 2nd sewn up and we had one hand on third until Simpson broke a chain, it was a desperation ride and even if he had won, you wouldnt have made the podium without our DNF. But thats the Nations . Some times it goes your way and sometimes it doesnt
What does other riders just riding for their podiums have to do with anything? Like you said he was fast.. That's all I was trying to say. Either way it's a useless argument that I started, it was five years ago.

BTW, I'm Canadian so my team wouldn't have made the podium no matter what.
kpiper
10/2/2019 3:56pm
Sure, ET would have been our best guy there. JA/ZO next best. But I think Cooper could have easily won the 250 class without that crash. And we all know AC can crash at a moment's notice too. Cooper was a good rider for the conditions that day.

There is only one US rider that has shown he can run Herlings speed at times and he did not go. If he wins the SX title in 2020 I bet he goes next time around. He already said he wants redemption for Red Bud.

The way things are going though it may revert to the old days when Roger D has to put the team together from just KTM/Husky like he did with Honda.

Post a reply to: Team USA 2020

The Latest