Team USA 2020

Natester551v
9/30/2019 5:08pm
kpiper wrote:
They are just better than us at motocross right now. Pretty simple. Does not mean we can't do well on occasion but the days of us...
They are just better than us at motocross right now. Pretty simple. Does not mean we can't do well on occasion but the days of us winning are gone unless we up our game somehow. And with SX being the main focus it probably won't happen.

Without that first lap Cooper/Anderson 'bad luck' they probably would have podiumed though. They gave a great effort and I am proud of them. Hope they want to go back next year!

Minus the rain, I thought the track looked like a lot of fun to ride. Not really the proper venue though for this race IMO.

GuyB wrote:
I'm not sure how many "proper venues" there are in motocross for these events. They've gotten so big that just about any traditional track is going...
I'm not sure how many "proper venues" there are in motocross for these events. They've gotten so big that just about any traditional track is going to struggle with the requirements from both the event side (VIP areas, fan services, etc.), and the public side (parking, viewing areas, etc.)
I can only imagine the uproar at most of our AMA tracks with 4X the usual number of spectators...many of the people in Washougal are pissed off at 15k - 18k on National weekend (although all of the business owners I ran into were stoked to have us there).

I also don't see some grand conspiracy to hold the races in mud...it's a Fall race, and it rains in the Fall in much of the earth.

All that being said, I can't wait for France (even if it rains, it'll be awesome). We as an AMA-based MX Nation just have to get better, or get used to getting spanked every MXdN. I sure hope the brain trust at Feld doesn't do something really stupid like expand SX beyond the current 17 rounds - that would be the death knell of American moto...
kpiper
9/30/2019 7:51pm
WCRider wrote:
Need Tomac. That's it.
I would have loved seeing how he could have done there! He loves sand and is our best mud rider.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
9/30/2019 8:42pm
WCRider wrote:
Need Tomac. That's it.
kpiper wrote:
I would have loved seeing how he could have done there! He loves sand and is our best mud rider.
hes good in sand but his mud performances are all over the place.

The Shop

tcallahan707
10/1/2019 2:07am
It was quite similar conditions. We just aren't very good in wet sand. Sure, we may have gotten a podium if Cooper didn't crash but it's...
It was quite similar conditions. We just aren't very good in wet sand. Sure, we may have gotten a podium if Cooper didn't crash but it's not like our team rode well. No different than last year. It's not shocking though. Our guys don't ride anything like this and the MXGP guys do all winter long. The same could be said for hard pack.

It's frustrating as an American motocross fan. We simply aren't good enough unless it's smiling under the helmet type conditions.

Crossup wrote:
So "we just aren't very good in wet sand." Race 1, Cooper and Ando collided in the start pack and go down. From near last, Ando...
So "we just aren't very good in wet sand."

Race 1, Cooper and Ando collided in the start pack and go down. From near last, Ando finished 17th. Cooper finishes 25th from last with NO CLUTCH, and a messed up hand.

Race 2, Zach finishes 5TH. Cooper races anyway with a bad clutch hand (after Decoster gives him an out for the moto).

Race 3, Ando finishes 8th OA and Zach 13th.

Considering 40 riders per class and they fought back from 13th to 6th OA, I think they did pretty good in wet conditions.
I am aware of what happened.

My comment also included last year's performance. Our guys tried their best amid challenging conditions and I am not discounting that. However, I stand by my statement. On any given day, our guys are a threat to win motos. In wet sand, a straight up 8th and 13th becomes the benchmark to say they had a pretty good day. What does that tell you?

We aren't very good in wet sand.

WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
10/1/2019 3:27am
WCRider wrote:
Need Tomac. That's it.
kpiper wrote:
soggy wrote:
hes good in sand but his mud performances are all over the place.
He is the best mud rider on the last two years. SX or MX. Assen was not a mud race, it was a deep heavy wet sand. Worst race condition for an american rider in my opinion.
gantry25
10/1/2019 7:08am
12 SX and 12 MX. Get rid of MEC and Redbul SR. Next MXoN at Unadilla.
The present interest in the USA is with Supercross, Professional motocross does not generate enough support for the teams that currently compete. There would be less rides available for the riders. The attendance of supercross dwarfs the attendance of AMA motocross and MXGP. Cutting short the season of the most popular form of off road racing makes zero sense.

People love MEC and Redbull straight rhythm. Why get rid of them?

Next MXoN at Unadilla? You must love mud races. Next MXoN in America needs to be in So. California, preferably Glen Helen if they could make it work. No more midwest or eastern MXoN events, those tracks are great in the summer but suck ass in the fall.
10/1/2019 7:49am
colonel wrote:
Which of the riders from around the world that beat USA were from Assen again?
2 of them are from the Netherlands. None of the US guys were from Michigan. I thinks that's a better comparison, but it's irrelevant either way...
2 of them are from the Netherlands. None of the US guys were from Michigan. I thinks that's a better comparison, but it's irrelevant either way. The track is what it is. You show up and do the best you can.
colonel wrote:
I see you point but the answer is no, multiple riders/team who were from other countries and areas beat USA so just cause you don't live...
I see you point but the answer is no, multiple riders/team who were from other countries and areas beat USA so just cause you don't live in Michigan its not a reason for being beaten on home soil.

As you said - show up and do the best. Unfortunately for USA their best wasn't the winning result. Some teams didn't even go out for the last motos.

Im not bashing USA in any way here but they not the strongest Nation in outdoors anymore.
I'll agree the US isn't the strongest nation when we send our A team and come back with these type results. With a B team you are correct, we are 100% not the strongest nation outdoors. I think the past few years of results reflect that pretty well. Not taking anything away from the 3 we sent, I think everyone will agree they're bad dudes, but we have better talent, and thats just facts.
kpiper
10/1/2019 12:28pm
gantry25 wrote:
The present interest in the USA is with Supercross, Professional motocross does not generate enough support for the teams that currently compete. There would be less...
The present interest in the USA is with Supercross, Professional motocross does not generate enough support for the teams that currently compete. There would be less rides available for the riders. The attendance of supercross dwarfs the attendance of AMA motocross and MXGP. Cutting short the season of the most popular form of off road racing makes zero sense.

Next MXoN at Unadilla? You must love mud races. Next MXoN in America needs to be in So. California, preferably Glen Helen if they could make it work. No more midwest or eastern MXoN events, those tracks are great in the summer but suck ass in the fall.
Yes, need the MXoN at Glen Helen or Pala for the USA to win.
Ranman68
10/1/2019 12:31pm
yz133rider wrote:
This was another pretty brutal showing. Its gonna be a rough few days in here lol
Press516 wrote:
I don't know... They likely go P2 as expected if Anderson and Cooper don't get together. It's a woulda, shoulda for sure but I like what...
I don't know... They likely go P2 as expected if Anderson and Cooper don't get together. It's a woulda, shoulda for sure but I like what I saw considering everything.
Adam89 wrote:
How can you say they go p2 if something doesn’t happen? 6 teams could have contended for the top spot but they had something happen so...
How can you say they go p2 if something doesn’t happen? 6 teams could have contended for the top spot but they had something happen so do we just say those other teams could have won or gotten p2 if “..... didn’t happen” ?
As much as team America put a fight and spent time over there and done everyone proud, they were off the pace and you can’t argue that.
They were off the pace of the Dutch, but on par with anyone else. Several teams were so close that luck would decide. That's not an unusual thing. That was a deep sand track. No ama title holders were on this team. We qualified p3 with a moto win in qualifying. That says something. Sunday was a wet, chaotic, crapshoot. A lot of teams were victim to it. It was what it was, but overall we are not "off pace".
kpiper
10/1/2019 12:32pm
I'll agree the US isn't the strongest nation when we send our A team and come back with these type results. With a B team you...
I'll agree the US isn't the strongest nation when we send our A team and come back with these type results. With a B team you are correct, we are 100% not the strongest nation outdoors. I think the past few years of results reflect that pretty well. Not taking anything away from the 3 we sent, I think everyone will agree they're bad dudes, but we have better talent, and thats just facts.
Ok, Tomac is #1 US outdoors rider by a good margin. But who else would have been a better pick than JA or ZO?

You would have to say either one of them could be considered the next best 450 rider to Eli. Cooper Webb got hurt but didn't want to go anyway. Who else is better on the 450 right now?
Ranman68
10/1/2019 12:49pm
WCRider wrote:
Need Tomac. That's it.
jjavaman wrote:
Stop
YOU stop. He's entitled to his opinion, and Tomac is far and away the USA's best rider. We do need him if he can go and wants to go. That's just logical and in no way a dig at JA21, ZO16, or JC32.
Ranman68
10/1/2019 12:57pm
gantry25 wrote:
The present interest in the USA is with Supercross, Professional motocross does not generate enough support for the teams that currently compete. There would be less...

kpiper wrote:
Yes, need the MXoN at Glen Helen or Pala for the USA to win.
Not for the USA to win, because there's no guarantee we would win. We need the mxon to be at one of those tracks because they are awesome tracks and it wouldn't be another muddy shit show. Or at least the odds of it would be way less.
10/1/2019 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2019 1:24pm
I'll agree the US isn't the strongest nation when we send our A team and come back with these type results. With a B team you...
kpiper wrote:
Ok, Tomac is #1 US outdoors rider by a good margin. But who else would have been a better pick than JA or ZO? You would...
Ok, Tomac is #1 US outdoors rider by a good margin. But who else would have been a better pick than JA or ZO?

You would have to say either one of them could be considered the next best 450 rider to Eli. Cooper Webb got hurt but didn't want to go anyway. Who else is better on the 450 right now?
If you consider who "wants" to go, then sure, that was one of our best teams - more than likely the best, but thats not what im saying.

Any sane person with common knowledge of our sport will tell you a team of Tomac, AC, and then JA or ZO would likely be a completely different outcome. Hell just having Tomac on the team gets us on the podium imo. Not to mention AC was by far our most consistent outdoor 250 rider - not saying he gets away soil sample free, but I highly doubt he would throw up two shit motos.

Obviously the elements played a huge factor and theres no way to predict what would happen, but it is fact that we had two better more consistent riders that we could have sent, thats all I'm saying.

I'm not sure how anyone can argue for the squad we sent being our best team when BOTH of our outdoor champions were not on the team.

Edit:
A - Team
450 MX19 OA: ET - 1st / JA - 4th
250 MX19 OA: AC - 1st

B - Team
450 MX19 OA: JA - 4th / ZO - 5th
250 MX19 OA: JC - 3rd

10/1/2019 1:12pm
Every time Tomac has gone to the MXdN, aside from the moto where he had a gnarly crash in Germany in 2013, he’s been the best American. That’s a fact but people will continue to talk about how he has done nothing but shit the bed for the US.

Just another example of Vital hating facts.
10/1/2019 1:20pm
Im not at all saying the US is the strongest nation outdoors right now. However, what I am saying is I'm not going to concede that the US isn't the strongest nation when we are sending our B teams.
Mr. Afterbar
10/1/2019 1:30pm
Every time Tomac has gone to the MXdN, aside from the moto where he had a gnarly crash in Germany in 2013, he’s been the best...
Every time Tomac has gone to the MXdN, aside from the moto where he had a gnarly crash in Germany in 2013, he’s been the best American. That’s a fact but people will continue to talk about how he has done nothing but shit the bed for the US.

Just another example of Vital hating facts.
Latvia 2014 was a joy to watch. He was absolutely flying.
philG
10/1/2019 1:48pm
It is wayy too soon but i think a team green would be possible for 2020

Tomac open AC mxgp and Forkner 2f
I'd be happy to never see any of them on the team.. if they skip again( or hopefully dont get asked) it might get AC onto a manufacturer that supports the event.
philG
10/1/2019 1:53pm
Latvia 2014 was a joy to watch. He was absolutely flying.
When it was already too late..he was shocking in the first race . By moto 3 everyone else was riding for their podiums , and if Simpson hadnt had a chain break we would have been 3rd.
10/1/2019 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2019 2:31pm
philG wrote:
When it was already too late..he was shocking in the first race . By moto 3 everyone else was riding for their podiums , and if...
When it was already too late..he was shocking in the first race . By moto 3 everyone else was riding for their podiums , and if Simpson hadnt had a chain break we would have been 3rd.
Every moto counts, it doesn’t make any difference if you thought it was too late, he was still the best American. He was on the ground in the first turn of both motos and went 6-3. For comparison Dungey went 2-11, and was in that same third moto as Tomac.

The year prior he had that spectacular crash and came back to nearly win the next moto finishing second to Roczen. Both riders were on 250s, by the way.
10/1/2019 2:36pm
Im not at all saying the US is the strongest nation outdoors right now. However, what I am saying is I'm not going to concede that...
Im not at all saying the US is the strongest nation outdoors right now. However, what I am saying is I'm not going to concede that the US isn't the strongest nation when we are sending our B teams.
You do realise that most of the top teams were B teams and don't have the population to choose from that you have. The Brits lost 2 A riders and had a breakdown but made the podium. Belgium lost 2 A riders, nursed a bike home losing places and still finished on the podium. Belgium, who are pretty much a winning or podium team every year have a population of 11 million. No Cairoli so Italy had 1 rider I had heard of, same with Germany and Spain had an unheard of and an also ran and the list goes on. The list of A riders from Europe missing was huge so don't blame the team. If you believe Tomac was the key, 1 rider in the "deep talent pool", look at last year when you had 2 championship riders including your holy grail. The result was the same. If you had Belgiums population you might not even qualify. Talking of which, winning a qualifying race is not a sign of superiority. Ask RV as he passed, among others in his short stint, Nagl who then followed him. In the race he went by and was gone. Its a race you do to qualify nt worry about winning. Similar at Red Bud I believe. It's tactics but in the US it seems that means win and by the biggest possible margin, Stewart springs to mind. Not how it works here and RV realised as after his fall he never came back. They obviously couldn't stop Kawasaki fecking his bike up on purpose lol. Please do me a favour. In the past the US had soooo much good luck but the tide has turned and without it they are no better than any other team and on the day possibly not even the same.
10/1/2019 2:44pm
kpiper wrote:
Ok, Tomac is #1 US outdoors rider by a good margin. But who else would have been a better pick than JA or ZO? You would...

If you consider who "wants" to go, then sure, that was one of our best teams - more than likely the best, but thats not what...
If you consider who "wants" to go, then sure, that was one of our best teams - more than likely the best, but thats not what im saying.

Any sane person with common knowledge of our sport will tell you a team of Tomac, AC, and then JA or ZO would likely be a completely different outcome. Hell just having Tomac on the team gets us on the podium imo. Not to mention AC was by far our most consistent outdoor 250 rider - not saying he gets away soil sample free, but I highly doubt he would throw up two shit motos.

Obviously the elements played a huge factor and theres no way to predict what would happen, but it is fact that we had two better more consistent riders that we could have sent, thats all I'm saying.

I'm not sure how anyone can argue for the squad we sent being our best team when BOTH of our outdoor champions were not on the team.

Edit:
A - Team
450 MX19 OA: ET - 1st / JA - 4th

B - Team
450 MX19 OA: JA - 4th / ZO - 5th
250 MX19 OA: JC - 3rd

You can't count 2nd and 3rd as they were not Americans so Anderson was 2nd and Osborne 3rd.
You can't count 2nd as he was not American so Cooper was 2nd.

Fixed it for ya'll

A - Team
450 MX19 OA: ET - 1st / JA - 2nd

B - Team
450 MX19 OA: JA - 2nd / ZO - 3rd
250 MX19 OA: JC - 2nd
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/1/2019 3:33pm
Yeah.

2017: Matterley Basin
2018: RedBud
2019: Assen
ATKpilot99
10/1/2019 3:44pm
philG wrote:
When it was already too late..he was shocking in the first race . By moto 3 everyone else was riding for their podiums , and if...
Every moto counts, it doesn’t make any difference if you thought it was too late, he was still the best American. He was on the ground...
Every moto counts, it doesn’t make any difference if you thought it was too late, he was still the best American. He was on the ground in the first turn of both motos and went 6-3. For comparison Dungey went 2-11, and was in that same third moto as Tomac.

The year prior he had that spectacular crash and came back to nearly win the next moto finishing second to Roczen. Both riders were on 250s, by the way.
You're wasting your time . He doesn't like Tomac and will never give him credit for anything. Come to think of it he looks down on American motocross as a whole yet still comes here and posts pretty much every day.
mxb2
10/1/2019 3:56pm
philG wrote:
Every moto counts, it doesn’t make any difference if you thought it was too late, he was still the best American. He was on the ground...

ATKpilot99 wrote:
You're wasting your time . He doesn't like Tomac and will never give him credit for anything. Come to think of it he looks down on...
You're wasting your time . He doesn't like Tomac and will never give him credit for anything. Come to think of it he looks down on American motocross as a whole yet still comes here and posts pretty much every day.
He is like a spoiled kid,doesnt get what he wants so easier to talk shit on someone. Typical of a 15 year old on social media.
DPR250R
10/1/2019 4:11pm
Pits and facility were fine on the ground. Wasn't an issue at all, felt more like a wet supercross since it took place in a race facility. The paddock was my favorite part of the trip... lol.

The wind and rain just really, really sucked. Just got back today and watched the full broadcast. TV does not do the conditions justice at all.
Nuffsaid
10/1/2019 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2019 4:27pm
Im not at all saying the US is the strongest nation outdoors right now. However, what I am saying is I'm not going to concede that...
Only NED had a “A” team, every other nation had “B” teams. One team on the podium had a rider who doesn’t even race MX.
10/1/2019 5:07pm
Nuffsaid wrote:
Only NED had a “A” team, every other nation had “B” teams. One team on the podium had a rider who doesn’t even race MX.
The other Nations had their top riders out injured. The top outdoor usa riders were on holiday. Big difference. Our guys represented our country well and endeared themselves to the world. Sign all 3 for 2020 in France now. They will win.
TeamFlannel
10/1/2019 7:43pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2019 7:45pm
Yeah. Cause the MXON is ALL ABOUT how you can get around in the pits to get to your carton of milk and your mat for nappy time.
And with that comment right there above in quote you have part of the solution to the problem of American success at the MXON.

Post a reply to: Team USA 2020

The Latest