Team USA - Kawi told Adam No

kb228
Edited Date/Time 8/3/2019 5:14am
Now that AC confirmed on pulpmx that he wanted to go but kawasaki said no, our team is cooper, webb, and anderson?
|
Crossup
7/30/2019 4:55am
Osbourne is a lock. Probably Webb and Cooper.
agn5009
7/30/2019 6:21am
Crossup wrote:
Osbourne is a lock. Probably Webb and Cooper.
Cooper has been so underwhelming lately. I know it won’t happen, but if Sexton can get his health back to 100% I’d rather see him go.
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
7/30/2019 6:22am
Damn. Does that mean Tomac is a no go aswell? Sad

The Shop

Crush
7/30/2019 6:24am
Brutal.

Eli has gone already. I hope Adam gets the chance one day for his sake.
sam hain
7/30/2019 6:26am
I'm betting Kawi isn't too thrilled AC got on a podcast and threw them under the bus. I'd imagine this could impact sales a little on the mx bike side. Us American's are very passionate about the MXoN and a brand flat telling one our best riders "we won't support you" can't look to good.
t_baum88
7/30/2019 6:28am
sam hain wrote:
I'm betting Kawi isn't too thrilled AC got on a podcast and threw them under the bus. I'd imagine this could impact sales a little on...
I'm betting Kawi isn't too thrilled AC got on a podcast and threw them under the bus. I'd imagine this could impact sales a little on the mx bike side. Us American's are very passionate about the MXoN and a brand flat telling one our best riders "we won't support you" can't look to good.
I’m betting AC is more pissed and threw them under the bus publicly on purpose.
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
7/30/2019 6:29am
sam hain wrote:
I'm betting Kawi isn't too thrilled AC got on a podcast and threw them under the bus. I'd imagine this could impact sales a little on...
The best way to avoid that bad PR is to let 'murican riders take their bikes and race for team 'murica.

A USA MXDN win with 2 Kawasakis leading the charge would be quite the marketing tool for Kawasaki
agn5009
7/30/2019 6:31am
sam hain wrote:
Good. I respect AC more for doing this. This is something AC may hold against kawi for a really long time. Don’t be surprised when AC retires he comes out and says not going to this MXdN is the biggest mistake of his career.
SWOHIO GUY
7/30/2019 6:31am
Maybe he is using the media as a tactic to make Kawi let him race Nations? Besides that I totally understand why Kawi is holding Tomac and AC from going.
Ericrob7
7/30/2019 6:32am
sam hain wrote:
They told him no, because he's going to be Tomac's teammate next season. The time it takes to prep for MXON, is time taken away from him prepping for his 1st 450 supercross season. Kawi made the right call. Won't affect sales one bit, and I'm not sure that we are as passionate about the MXON as you think. I would rather not even send a team, its a huge hassle for everyone. Kawi made the correct call with both Tomac and AC.
agn5009
7/30/2019 6:36am
sam hain wrote:
Ericrob7 wrote:
They told him no, because he's going to be Tomac's teammate next season. The time it takes to prep for MXON, is time taken away from...
They told him no, because he's going to be Tomac's teammate next season. The time it takes to prep for MXON, is time taken away from him prepping for his 1st 450 supercross season. Kawi made the right call. Won't affect sales one bit, and I'm not sure that we are as passionate about the MXON as you think. I would rather not even send a team, its a huge hassle for everyone. Kawi made the correct call with both Tomac and AC.
That’s all your opinion and you’re clearly hugely in the minority. Most, even those not from the USA, want us to send a team. Even if it’s our “B” team.
SWOHIO GUY
7/30/2019 6:36am
sam hain wrote:
Even if they are pissed. Do you really think they are going to cut a rider they have put 15 years of development in? AC has the power in this situation and I think it is a last ditch effort by him to get to go possibly.
mattmatt300
7/30/2019 6:41am
I’m sure Kawi and AC have more important things to worry about than a wildly expensive to attend exhibition race.
kb228
7/30/2019 6:42am
sam hain wrote:
Ericrob7 wrote:
They told him no, because he's going to be Tomac's teammate next season. The time it takes to prep for MXON, is time taken away from...
Most of this sounds perfectly reasonable.

If adam is going 450, he will be required to ride monster cup like savatgy did. Which means he cant waste the 5 weeks riding a 250 outdoors when he should be testing the 450 on a sx track. Kawi needs adam to slide up into elis spot in a year or two, and being prepared for a1 helps that.

Lets not think kawi is saying no because theyre dicks. Theres a reason for everything.
agn5009
7/30/2019 6:46am
That’s seemingly not why kawi doesn’t want him to go. They don’t want him going because he’s transitioning from 250 to 450 this offseason.
tcallahan707
7/30/2019 6:48am
Spend 5 weeks riding a 450 outdoors. Send him in MX3. Win for AC's development, win for Kawi, win for Team USA.

90% of the outdoor laps spun in his life have been in Florida sand. I'd be willing to bet he'd do just as good as Zacho.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
7/30/2019 6:56am
Sucks for AC that Kawi won't let him go. Team should be Webb, Osbourne, Anderson. Cooper gets good starts, very important at the MXoN, but he seems to be fading down the stretch run of the season. Also doesn't move up if he doesn't get that start and seems to get flustered when getting passed. Maybe in a year or 2 he would be a good choice.
biscuit11
7/30/2019 7:01am
I’m sure Kawi and AC have more important things to worry about than a wildly expensive to attend exhibition race.
Stepping up to the 450 will require some testing for him so i can see them holding him out to work on that. I know it has been mentioned countless times about kawi not wanting to go but maybe that was all centered around Adam? Still havent heard anything official on Eli unless i missed something. Am i mistaken or doesnt Kawi have a rig and equipment over there for Desalle and the MXGP team? I dont see what would be so hard to load up Eli and a small support crew to go. Borrow a bike or throw one in a shipping crate and send it over.
colvin227
7/30/2019 7:08am
yak651 wrote:
Sucks for AC that Kawi won't let him go. Team should be Webb, Osbourne, Anderson. Cooper gets good starts, very important at the MXoN, but he...
Sucks for AC that Kawi won't let him go. Team should be Webb, Osbourne, Anderson. Cooper gets good starts, very important at the MXoN, but he seems to be fading down the stretch run of the season. Also doesn't move up if he doesn't get that start and seems to get flustered when getting passed. Maybe in a year or 2 he would be a good choice.
And he will not get that kind of top 3 start at the event. Doesn’t matter he’s on the best 250 in the world. Deep sand and starting against 450s both motos he’ll taking nasty sand roost all day as that’s the nature of the 250 guy at that event. And Cooper has not shown he’s the best in traffic. But no matter the team I support team USA.
Mr. Afterbar
7/30/2019 7:11am
I completely understand why AC isn’t going and so does he. Said so himself on the show. It’s not a tactic to get Kawi to let him go. I hope they put Ando over Webb personally. We already know they aren’t going to pick a 450 guy to ride the 250, so Osborne, Anderson, and Justin Cooper seems like the best pick and the probable team.
bents
Fantasy
710th
7/30/2019 7:21am
I love Cooper, Osborne, and Webb. Great team. With some consistency they could win.
7/30/2019 7:24am
Love to see him go.. but being realistic, it makes total sense :/
agn5009
7/30/2019 7:24am
I completely understand why AC isn’t going and so does he. Said so himself on the show. It’s not a tactic to get Kawi to let...
I completely understand why AC isn’t going and so does he. Said so himself on the show. It’s not a tactic to get Kawi to let him go. I hope they put Ando over Webb personally. We already know they aren’t going to pick a 450 guy to ride the 250, so Osborne, Anderson, and Justin Cooper seems like the best pick and the probable team.
I’d love to see Sexton get the spot if he can get his health back to 100%. He was really looking great til his heat issues.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
7/30/2019 8:07am
AC is a self admitted bad sand rider so why would we even want him to go? esp on a 250, he's too big the bike would struggle big time. need to send cooper i think.
Johnny Ringo
7/30/2019 8:14am
Didn’t Kawi pull stew in 04 so he could get ready for the 250 class? I think RC bailed that year also as he was moving to Suzuki
hamncheeze
7/30/2019 8:23am
My take: Neither AC or Eli want to go to MXoN this year and Kawasaki is perfectly OK with taking the fall. They see how much heat Eli has taken in 2016 and 2017, and they are just putting the "we don't support our riders going" shield out there to protect the riders. I'd be willing to bet Sternstrom has had conversations with both Tomac and Cianciarulo on how to play this out.

Post a reply to: Team USA - Kawi told Adam No

The Latest