Team USA...

jimmie
Edited Date/Time 8/13/2018 8:01pm

Tomac, Barcia and Plessinger
|
SlasherMcGee
8/13/2018 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2018 12:03pm
Good team, but will be tough to beat France. Ferrandis has more speed than AP, and Febvre has more speed than Barcia. Tomac should have Poulin covered, but that's not enough. Maybe next year for ol' Team USA...?
8/13/2018 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2018 12:04pm
Good team, but will be tough to beat France. Ferrandis has more speed than AP, and Febvre has more speed than Barcia. Tomac should have Poulin...
Good team, but will be tough to beat France. Ferrandis has more speed than AP, and Febvre has more speed than Barcia. Tomac should have Poulin covered, but that's not enough. Maybe next year for ol' Team USA...?
Next years MXON is in Assen Wink would love to see this team USA battle the Dutch at Assen in deep sand
8/13/2018 12:04pm
Good team, but will be tough to beat France. Ferrandis has more speed than AP, and Febvre has more speed than Barcia. Tomac should have Poulin...
dumb
SlasherMcGee
8/13/2018 12:05pm
Next years MXON is in Assen Wink would love to see this team USA battle the Dutch at Assen in deep sand
Yeah, it will be tough next year as well... But don't discount the USA in the sand. Go back and watch the last sand MXON with Barcia and Dungey. They had good speed and were running 2 and 3 in the final moto. If not for running into each other they very well may have finished the moto in those spots.

The Shop

SlasherMcGee
8/13/2018 12:06pm
dumb
why?
BroFoSho
8/13/2018 12:19pm
From Redbud.
Yep. Ferrandis totally has AP covered on speed....Laughing

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/13/2018 12:31pm
Plessinger > Ferrandis (more often then not this season)
Barcia > Paulin
Tomac >>> Febvre

Plus they race at home.
At least on paper team USA are by far the favorites.
If I would have to guess, I would even say the dutch beat the french (depends on Vlaanderen).
If Febvre and Paulin can only get 5-7th places like they did this season, that's not gonna be enough to contend for the win.
But what do we expect, they're leaving their best rider at home Blink
Sacko
8/13/2018 12:34pm
dumb
why?
Yeah, I think this last weekend in the mud was the first time all year ferrandis has AP covered in speed. And I think barcia has febvre covered as well. ET3's only competition will be herlings
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/13/2018 12:38pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Plessinger > Ferrandis (more often then not this season) Barcia > Paulin Tomac >>> Febvre Plus they race at home. At least on paper team USA...
Barcia > Paulin
Tomac >>> Febvre

Plus they race at home.
If I would have to guess, I would even say the dutch beat the french (depends on Vlaanderen).
If Febvre and Paulin can only get 5-7th places like they did this season, that's not gonna be enough to contend for the win.
Perhaps but don't forget that Ferrandis came into the series late because of an injury. I'd say he's doing pretty well.
peltier626
8/13/2018 12:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2018 12:43pm
The French did win this past weekend on U.S. soil, against our best albeit in the mud.
mauidex
8/13/2018 12:48pm
anything can happen...........look at the Anderson deal and then Webb exploding..........and FINALLY home court advantage!!!! Never underestimate 100K plus fans screaming for the hometown boys!!! Will make a difference in digging deep if neededWinkWink
peelout
8/13/2018 1:24pm
peltier626 wrote:
The French did win this past weekend on U.S. soil, against our best albeit in the mud.
these colors don't run bro
8/13/2018 1:41pm
dumb
why?
#1: Ferrandis has more speed than AP? (he could beat him in 1 moto, but no way in both)
#2: Did you not watch redbud this year? Barcia was only a few ticks off Musquin, he should have Paulin or Febvre covered (no idea who is open class, I would assume Paulin?), plus hes good at starts.
#3: Tomac will be ahead of both Frenchies.

The only threat is the Dutch team.

Depends which Coldenhoff shows up.

Also if Herlings goes 1-1 which he could.

Calvin's been fast lately.

All this is thrown out if it rains.

plowboy
8/13/2018 2:31pm
I would rather them run the race and gloat like a big dog if we win than talk smack and have to eat crow...believe me...it doesn't taste like chickenWink
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
8/13/2018 4:08pm
I don't know about that. Plessinger is managing a points lead. No reason for him to go crazy trying to hunt Ferrandis down.
Scull79
8/13/2018 5:41pm
crack kills
akillerwombat
8/13/2018 5:45pm
RichieW13 wrote:
I don't know about that. Plessinger is managing a points lead. No reason for him to go crazy trying to hunt Ferrandis down.
In this weeks press conference Plessinger mentions that he wasn’t holding anything back this past weekend.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/13/2018 5:47pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Plessinger > Ferrandis (more often then not this season) Barcia > Paulin Tomac >>> Febvre Plus they race at home. At least on paper team USA...
Barcia > Paulin
Tomac >>> Febvre

Plus they race at home.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Perhaps but don't forget that Ferrandis came into the series late because of an injury. I'd say he's doing pretty well.
I know, he's doing really good, 5th in points now.
But AP still has the edge at the moment (maybe in 2 months not anymore, who knows)
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
8/13/2018 5:58pm
RichieW13 wrote:
In this weeks press conference Plessinger mentions that he wasn’t holding anything back this past weekend.
And he pretended to drink Monster drink.
cbuehler767
8/13/2018 6:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2018 6:03pm
#1: Ferrandis has more speed than AP? (he could beat him in 1 moto, but no way in both) #2: Did you not watch redbud this...
#1: Ferrandis has more speed than AP? (he could beat him in 1 moto, but no way in both)
#2: Did you not watch redbud this year? Barcia was only a few ticks off Musquin, he should have Paulin or Febvre covered (no idea who is open class, I would assume Paulin?), plus hes good at starts.

Great point on Barcia. Marv couldn't even run away from him there with clear track. Def didn't gap him. Barcia seems to step up for the MXdN. I'm confident he will run very strong the biggie, he gets good starts
8/13/2018 6:04pm
RichieW13 wrote:
This. He currently has huge point lead. Why risk putting up a fight for 3 points against someone who has zero shot at the title when your only challenger is behind you.
SlasherMcGee
8/13/2018 6:10pm
RichieW13 wrote:
This. He currently has huge point lead. Why risk putting up a fight for 3 points against someone who has zero shot at the title when...
This. He currently has huge point lead. Why risk putting up a fight for 3 points against someone who has zero shot at the title when your only challenger is behind you.
Yeah I've heard how team USA is the best since 2012. How has that worked out? This year is different though, I'm sure. right?
akillerwombat
8/13/2018 6:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2018 6:27pm
RichieW13 wrote:
And he pretended to drink Monster drink.
I find the best way to enjoy a sport is to constantly assume all the athletes are lying as well.
SlasherMcGee
8/13/2018 7:15pm
#1: Ferrandis has more speed than AP? (he could beat him in 1 moto, but no way in both) #2: Did you not watch redbud this...

Great point on Barcia. Marv couldn't even run away from him there with clear track. Def didn't gap him. Barcia seems to step up for the...
Great point on Barcia. Marv couldn't even run away from him there with clear track. Def didn't gap him. Barcia seems to step up for the MXdN. I'm confident he will run very strong the biggie, he gets good starts
You know who else steps it up for MXDN? Roman Febvre and G. Paulin.

SlasherMcGee
8/13/2018 7:16pm
Also, my posts in this thread have been #1 top notch. Can you guys up-vote them?
8/13/2018 8:01pm
Why on earth did France not pick Marvin? They would have much more chances winning against team USA. Best French rider who also knows the track is left out?! strange

Post a reply to: Team USA...

The Latest