Team US MX2 rider for 2019 MXoN

Related:
Create New Tag

10/30/2018 9:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2018 11:59 PM

With many of the top 250 riders moving up who should be the chosen MX2 rider for next years race in Assen?
Less we forget RJ Hampshire going 1-1 at the MXGP of USA in 17. Under the radar guys can come up big in this type of race as we’ve seen with Coldenhoff’s performance this year

Team USA MX2 for 2019 MXoN

View Results

|

10/30/2018 10:12 PM

Whoever shows the most speed and strength throughout the year

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/30/2018 11:15 PM

Well....were gonna find out here real quick! Like 11.5 more month's , and then we'll know for sure!! laughing

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/30/2018 11:28 PM

BTW the race is in Assen

Lommel is in another country,

|

10/30/2018 11:58 PM

scott_nz wrote:

BTW the race is in Assen

Lommel is in another country,

Damn you’re right my mistake. It’s in the Netherlands not in Belgium.

|

10/30/2018 11:59 PM

Tony Alessi’s take on Pulpmx if he were to be team manager.

|

10/31/2018 1:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2018 6:15 AM

Covington has to go if he is healthy. He got second this year at Assen in MX2. Remember how good Baggett was in 2012 and he was shocking at Lommel that year, Covington is the obvious pick.

Edit: I just checked Baggetts result from Southwick 2012. He went 3-1 for the overall win. Beating Tomac, Roczen, Marvin, Barcia etc.

|

10/31/2018 1:41 AM

Might as well stay home if team USA thinks they can win in Assen :-)

|

10/31/2018 2:30 AM

I would say AC right now as i think IMO he is gonna be the fastest 250 rider this year (without any injury) but Covington has a few years of sand experience so he would be on my list too.

People say USA gonna get smashed in ASSEN but i would not underestimate them because they badly want their revenge since Red bud and also important fact now they are considered as an outsider so less pressure. They can go there with a bang !

|

10/31/2018 2:47 AM

CalimeroFan wrote:

Might as well stay home if team USA thinks they can win in Assen :-)

It's MX of des Nations. Anything can happen. And always does. That's what makes it the best.

|

10/31/2018 3:19 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Whoever shows the most speed and strength throughout the year

Noooooo! You saw how good AP was in the sand when it got deep. You send the rider with the best background and preferences. TC has to do a really shitty year, not to be sent. He was 3 and 4 sec after RJ in the motos, and beat both Justin Cooper and Chase Sexton in WW ranch which was hard packed track compared with Assen, at best it was a Glen Helen similar track and maybe you can stretch it yo Southwick (i dont think it was close to as soft after seeing the MXGP videos from WW).

And racing two days on that one will take out a toll on the guys not used to it.

|

10/31/2018 3:33 AM

Baton Rouge wrote:

I would say AC right now as i think IMO he is gonna be the fastest 250 rider this year (without any injury) but Covington has a few years of sand experience so he would be on my list too.

People say USA gonna get smashed in ASSEN but i would not underestimate them because they badly want their revenge since Red bud and also important fact now they are considered as an outsider so less pressure. They can go there with a bang !

Fastest at what? AC best results at southwick the last 2 years he raced (2016 and 2017) has been 50 sec after the leader, in 9th place. AC is not a sand rider, in fact, none of the current AMA guys except Ferrandis and Plessinger was stod out on southwick this year (1.2-1.5sec faster then all the others in second race). And both of them got waxed when track got difficult in redbud.

The difference in lap times is gona be bigger in Assen due to so much riding on the tracks before main motos, as to comparison to one day AMA events.

Need to stop sending the "highest ranking rider" and send the best rider for the circumstances. You dont send a MX-only guy to a SX race, right? Why send a hard packed/intermediate expert to a sand race?

|

10/31/2018 4:27 AM

aees wrote:

Fastest at what? AC best results at southwick the last 2 years he raced (2016 and 2017) has been 50 sec after the leader, in 9th place. AC is not a sand rider, in fact, none of the current AMA guys except Ferrandis and Plessinger was stod out on southwick this year (1.2-1.5sec faster then all the others in second race). And both of them got waxed when track got difficult in redbud.

The difference in lap times is gona be bigger in Assen due to so much riding on the tracks before main motos, as to comparison to one day AMA events.

Need to stop sending the "highest ranking rider" and send the best rider for the circumstances. You dont send a MX-only guy to a SX race, right? Why send a hard packed/intermediate expert to a sand race?

Absolutely, you're right, that's why i said Covington is on my list too as he rode european sand tracks for years.

Just a theory but now imagine AC get the title and destroy Covington at southwick by 50 sec, what do we do ? Do we still choose Covington ? It is a tricky pick, but obviously if Covington shows some great speed next summer and even if he doesn't grab the title yes he absolutely deserves to go.

Also, southwick is not as deep as European sand track, really i would love DC to add some "real deep" sand track but is there any in the states as deep as Lommel for example ?

|

10/31/2018 4:53 AM

Given the circumstances, it would be foolish not to send Covington.

|

10/31/2018 6:13 AM

If available, Covington, Osborne and Barcia to top 5!
Top 10 with other possible choices.

|

10/31/2018 6:19 AM

Why don’t we get through SX and MX first?

|

10/31/2018 7:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2018 7:28 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

Why don’t we get through SX and MX first?

Tony Alessi thinks the riders need to start prepping for the race as early as January in order to be successful.
And as a fan, I feel it’s never too early to benchrace.

|

10/31/2018 7:40 AM

Baton Rouge wrote:

aees wrote:

Baton Rouge wrote:

Absolutely, you're right, that's why i said Covington is on my list too as he rode european sand tracks for years.

Just a theory but now imagine AC get the title and destroy Covington at southwick by 50 sec, what do we do ? Do we still choose Covington ? It is a tricky pick, but obviously if Covington shows some great speed next summer and even if he doesn't grab the title yes he absolutely deserves to go.

Also, southwick is not as deep as European sand track, really i would love DC to add some "real deep" sand track but is there any in the states as deep as Lommel for example ?

Agree. For me that would be TC having a crappy season (i dont think he is just going to have a crappy southwick). Sure he can be in start crash, and end up 50sec behind but laptimes on quali, and 2 heats should give him a chance to show what he got. Should also take into place that even if TC is just on pair with someone else, he has never (i guess?) ridden Southwick so i again say he would really have to screw up doing bad in general not to be sent to Assen - a track he has raced at mutiple times.

We should also consider that lets say it rains in Assen (50/50 in Oct?), with the poor results of US riders in Red Bud during heavy tracks i think you would need to send TC that has raced Assen and other sand tracks during those conditions.

I think they covered the part of sand tracks in US, and there is no race tracks, but there are practice places with deep sand. However, half of the issue is the type of track/surface when the weekend starts, the other part is the condition and format. TC is used to two day format and having up to 3 other classes (125,250 EMX + Vets, or Women and combo of 125, 250 EMX) training and racing on the tracks.

MXDN is something in between, not as much other racing on the track but still way more than a national with all practice sessions. Specially a sand track it makes a HUGE difference on if you have 4 other sessions in addition to the normal classes.

|

10/31/2018 11:37 AM

I understand it's way too early to even be discussing it but given the deep sand in Assen, Tomac in MXGP, Covington in MX2, and Osborne on the 450 seems like a solid team given Osborne and Covington's GP experience.

|

10/31/2018 11:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2018 11:50 AM

How can you put jeremy martin or AC after covington? Wtf

|

10/31/2018 12:06 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

I understand it's way too early to even be discussing it but given the deep sand in Assen, Tomac in MXGP, Covington in MX2, and Osborne on the 450 seems like a solid team given Osborne and Covington's GP experience.

Why does everyone keep saying Osborne.

Has he ever even raced a 450?

How do we know he will be even in the top 10 on a 450?

The best team to send IMO would be:

Tomac
Anderson
Covington

I would be very surprised if Osborne is even close to Anderson outdoors.

More surprised than coldenhoff winning 2 motos @ redbud.

|

10/31/2018 1:25 PM

kb228 wrote:

It is not even a difficult decision. You think AC or Jeremy would have beaten Plessinger or Ferrandis at Red Bud? Nope. None of JM or AC are sand riders, none of them has ridden Assen, none of them has ridden in Europe.

Again, not even a difficult one.

|

10/31/2018 2:24 PM

kb228 wrote:

Because Covington is familiar with the track, and more importantly, the surface. He knows what to expect and can share his experiences with the rest of the team. Martin and AC have never seen sand like Assen let alone race it at top level. Think Baggett in 2012.

|

10/31/2018 11:58 PM

Send Covington for sure he rides well at assen

|

11/1/2018 3:40 AM

i would pick Barcia and Covington for sure , Tomac as best in southwick to complete the team .

Barcia and Covington both have shown they can ride the deep sand ..

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

11/1/2018 10:30 AM

People who think you should send the best ranked 250 rider is delusional and has never seen a proper sand track before.

Just send a rider who can ride sand.

|

11/1/2018 1:14 PM

Aryen wrote:

People who think you should send the best ranked 250 rider is delusional and has never seen a proper sand track before.

Just send a rider who can ride sand.

Agreed.

It's not compulsory to send a current 250 rider.

Also, just because a rider has ridden a track once per year is no reason to pick them. Hell, look at Tomac, Herlings wasted him on a track he's never ridden.

|

2/18/2019 1:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2019 1:57 PM

Id have to say Osborne. Hes a monster on 250s and with a year of moving up it will make the 250 even easier. Plus he has GP experience... Hell be in better shape for the longer SX races/bigger bike and hes obviously still with Aldon. Then Id go with either Anderson because hes proven at MXON with a moto win or Barcia for #2 at 450, then Webb as the #1 if he keeps looking like this and it carries over into mx as well. IF IT DOES and hes the real deal, then Webb over Eli. Im sorry but until PROVEN otherwise I cant trust him on big stages.

How crazy would it be if when we wanted Tomac he didnt want to go, but then he finally does go and poops his pants and now we dont want him to go anymore lol. Imagine if they dont even ask him to go this year. That would be crazy going from them begging you to go and you turn it down, to them knowing youll probably shart your pants if you do go so they dont even ask anymore. Itd be even crazier if Webb goes and straight up handles business and we win it all... oh mannnnn that would be nuts.

|

2/18/2019 1:41 PM

Yeah I think you are jumping the gun just a tad with this poll...

|

2/18/2019 1:53 PM

Osborne I’d healthy

|