Team Suzuki World MXGP / MX2 2017

Crush
9/5/2016 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2016 6:26pm
Sure it's not just Hunter on the 250 and maybe a typo?
51xc
9/5/2016 7:45pm
RG1 wrote:
That's exciting in MX2. I'm a big fan of all those riders. I feel like they could've got a stronger line up in MXGP though
jeremy will move up in '18, maybe that's why they didn't go for a big money signing. they will throw all the cash at him to stay plus a all new bike (hopefully).

The Shop

mxfan75
9/5/2016 11:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2016 11:38pm
Crush wrote:
Sure it's not just Hunter on the 250 and maybe a typo?
crusty_xx wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Same as our article, which is in the OP's post on page one...
Think little typo ,it's not really clear or it may be the way you read it it says
"The Antipodean will bring his highly-rated younger brother, Jet, slated for European Championship duty, ". Then says "while Suzuki’s substantial profile in EMX250 – the feeder class to Grand Prix and the final step on the career ladder for MX2 aspirants – is boosted by the signature of Zach Pichon (the son of former double 250cc World Champion on the RM250, Mickael Pichon) to continue in the category.
So my take would be pichon doing 250 and it doesn't actually state what emx Jett is doing just he willbe doing them . But have heard its definately only Emx 85 and yes only just turned 13 last month was 12 for most of the year so unless your a big kid like prado or Renaux I think jumping to a too bigger bike would be crazy , especially not having ridden a lot of the European gp tracks .
DeStouwer
9/6/2016 12:07am
Could be the regional EMX-races that Jet will be doing, a bit like Liam Everts did this year on the 65cc. By these regional races, one can qualify for the World Championship on 125cc, 85cc and 65cc.
JB479
9/6/2016 12:16am
I wonder what happened to the Kawasaki deal?
Originally it was a 4 year deal.
mingham97
9/6/2016 1:00am
Isaish305 wrote:
Where is Brian Hsu going to be next year?
xK-Ix wrote:
He quit the contract with Suzuki in Europe and is looking for a ride in the US! Rumors are saying he is in contact with the...
He quit the contract with Suzuki in Europe and is looking for a ride in the US!
Rumors are saying he is in contact with the 250 factory team from Suzuki!
Whatever team this is :D
I know ML said, MS Suzuki, but I feel like MAD Yoshi Suzuki Team would have the money to do it considering they could afford Matt Bisceglia. Too many 250 rides I think
tobz
9/6/2016 4:21am
mark1960 wrote:
If its true, this is great news for the Lawrence brothers and Australia.
Im ashamed to say that i havnt paid attention to the local mx scene ghe past few years, im even more ashamed go say that ive never heard of the lawrence brothers, can i find any stories on these guys?
mxfan75
9/6/2016 5:16am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2016 5:53am
mark1960 wrote:
tobz wrote:
Im ashamed to say that i havnt paid attention to the local mx scene ghe past few years, im even more ashamed go say that ive...
Im ashamed to say that i havnt paid attention to the local mx scene ghe past few years, im even more ashamed go say that ive never heard of the lawrence brothers, can i find any stories on these guys?
They are young and left Australia before the eldest Hunter turned senior . They have like both competed at junior worlds ,Hunter placing 5th on 65, 2nd on 85 (won a Moto) and last year 3rd on 125 in world titles as well as multiple Australian and NZ junior titles and younger brother Jett won world titles the last time the ran it with usa and Europe on 65 ( they don't have the 65 class anymore it's only a euro championship ) and Jett was back to back Australian national champ for 4 years in a row ( pretty much since he started racing ) and has like 5 Australian titles to his name so family took a gamble to move overseas so their boys could grow with the faster riders over there and before Hunter got injured he won a round of the 250emx gp at germany went 1,1 so both boys a future talent for Australia go aussie .. If your looking for stories Hunter rode for Yamaha Jnr team in Qld and Jett ktm factory junior racing back in Australia they would have a ton of stories on the boys . I am excited to see what Stefan can bring to the Lawrence team !!!! It's just good to have some Aussies in the euro scene to barrack for .
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/6/2016 7:55am
mingham97 wrote:
I know ML said, MS Suzuki, but I feel like MAD Yoshi Suzuki Team would have the money to do it considering they could afford Matt...
I know ML said, MS Suzuki, but I feel like MAD Yoshi Suzuki Team would have the money to do it considering they could afford Matt Bisceglia. Too many 250 rides I think
I don't think MAD will be around next year... Trust me, Hsu would be much, much better off going to MS Suzuki...
mingham97
9/6/2016 9:01am
mingham97 wrote:
I know ML said, MS Suzuki, but I feel like MAD Yoshi Suzuki Team would have the money to do it considering they could afford Matt...
ML512 wrote:
I don't think MAD will be around next year... Trust me, Hsu would be much, much better off going to MS Suzuki...
As an Aussie, I hope the team sticks around for the sake of Clout. TBH he didn't seem confident in their presence in the motoonline interview. He would have no where to go apart from Australia or maybe Europe. Which is a shame because he will basically go there to "die". Hate seeing world number 1s (and top 5ers) in juniors stay in Australia. I'm stoked that the Lawrence brothers made the move.

I also think Hsu is better at MS.
Eurobrah
9/6/2016 9:45am
RCB33 wrote:
Who is Jasikonis, admittedly I don't keep up with the GP's as well as I should but I haven't really heard anything about him.
xK-Ix wrote:
He is from Lithuania and 18 years old. He is really tall (for his age), so he fits very well to the 450. He was riding...
He is from Lithuania and 18 years old. He is really tall (for his age), so he fits very well to the 450. He was riding in the german championship (ADAC Master) on a Kawasaki 250 last year and a 450 this year. This year he also rode a few Gps in europe and Stefan Everts caught attention of him. He got the fill-in rider for Ben Townley when he got injured and retired again. And now Arminas has an official contract for next year. Sometimes things change very quickly. Good guy and very fast. Watch out for him the next years! (Still no Gajser, wont win the world championship next year Laughing )
Question wrote:
I used to work for a corporation that is well known to grow the talents. The concept, hiring ok potentials, putting them under top notch managers...

I used to work for a corporation that is well known to grow the talents. The concept, hiring ok potentials, putting them under top notch managers, the people hired understand that it is a life time opportunity, like you are a fast B underfunded rider signing straight to pro circuit ... or De Coster Smile . Then people are gonna be serious, push, and most of the time over perform vs. "fast A riders" who take it more for granted and are less willing to listen/learn/win. I will watch Jasikonis next years because if he stays injury free, he will have one of the best fitnesses in the paddock and is gonna give 100% each time on the bike. Could be a podium threat in 2 or 3 years.

In all cases, I am even more interested by the EMX2 program. Pichon has a bright future, and Jet Lawrence, first time I hear about him but I guess he is like most lil bros, super talented. He (they) will just have to take it easy, learning to be ready when moving to the MX2, because it is quite rumored that these 125 and EMX2 classes are super dirty, which is understandable as most young riders are playing their life here.
I think the "podium threat in 2-3 years" is a little bit out there, but I'm sure he will do pretty good nevertheless. Cool to see they had the balls to hire the new kid on the block.
Motofinne
9/6/2016 10:15am
mark1960 wrote:
tobz wrote:
Im ashamed to say that i havnt paid attention to the local mx scene ghe past few years, im even more ashamed go say that ive...
I have no idea how good Jett is but Hunter is the real deal.

In my opinion he would have won the EMX250 class if he wouldn't have got injured.
9/6/2016 10:30am
DeStouwer wrote:
Could be the regional EMX-races that Jet will be doing, a bit like Liam Everts did this year on the 65cc. By these regional races, one...
Could be the regional EMX-races that Jet will be doing, a bit like Liam Everts did this year on the 65cc. By these regional races, one can qualify for the World Championship on 125cc, 85cc and 65cc.
If you finish inside the top 10 in your regional group, you will qualify for the EMX 65 or 85 final at Loket. Anyone can enter the JWC.

Anyway I like what Suzuki has done here. Reminds me a bit of what KTM has been doing in Europe, and what every manufacturer does in the US when they sign amateur racers.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
9/6/2016 1:14pm
mark1960 wrote:
tobz wrote:
Watch highlights from emx250 earlier this year (before he got injured), primarily the German gp that he won. definitely our best 250 rider, Beaton couldn't manage a top 10 in the emx250 race he entered this year
FTB
9/6/2016 2:07pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2016 2:19pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Watch highlights from emx250 earlier this year (before he got injured), primarily the German gp that he won. definitely our best 250 rider, Beaton couldn't manage...
Watch highlights from emx250 earlier this year (before he got injured), primarily the German gp that he won. definitely our best 250 rider, Beaton couldn't manage a top 10 in the emx250 race he entered this year
Give him a break. Jed was only there for a week in total. He didn't even know if he had a ride when he left Oz. I thought an 11th place finish was pretty good on that track.
Give him time to settle into a team and he should do well.
mark1960
9/6/2016 2:20pm
mark1960 wrote:
tobz wrote:
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Watch highlights from emx250 earlier this year (before he got injured), primarily the German gp that he won. definitely our best 250 rider, Beaton couldn't manage...
Jedd is our MXON MX2 rider this year!
DeStouwer
9/30/2016 4:16am
Jeremy Seewer renewed his contract with Suzuki. MX2 in 2017 and MXGP in 2018-2019.
racer495a
9/30/2016 6:24am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2016 6:25am
Nice to see they dropped that arrogant bench warmer Townly
51xc
9/30/2016 7:55am
DeStouwer wrote:
Jeremy Seewer renewed his contract with Suzuki. MX2 in 2017 and MXGP in 2018-2019.
wasting no time to move him up. he's a strong guy, I think he will do very well in mxgp.

roninho
9/30/2016 10:57am
Suzuki has won 1 mxgp and 0 mx2 titles in the past 14 seasons. I'd keep Seewer as long as possible in the MX2 class and have a decent chance at scoring 1 or 2 titles
brimx153
9/30/2016 11:10am
I think Seewer style will suit the 450 even more than the 250
DeStouwer
9/30/2016 11:33am
roninho wrote:
Suzuki has won 1 mxgp and 0 mx2 titles in the past 14 seasons. I'd keep Seewer as long as possible in the MX2 class and...
Suzuki has won 1 mxgp and 0 mx2 titles in the past 14 seasons. I'd keep Seewer as long as possible in the MX2 class and have a decent chance at scoring 1 or 2 titles
Well, that will be difficult as it's Seewers last year in MX2 in 2017 --> age rule.
roninho
9/30/2016 12:45pm
Ok that makes sense! Thought he was 21.

Still hate the age rule. Would love to see Seewer and Anstie stay longer and have the option for guys like Coldenhoff, Searle or Butron go back Again. I can see why guys would want to move up (even early) just dont understand why they shouldnt be allowed back in at 26 or 28.
10/4/2016 2:01pm
As Jett talks of 125 in near future (2018), what bike he's gonna ride?
Brian Hsu's bike or AF prototype?
the funny thing is that Everts is showing his works 125 in a recent picture,
does they do now realize that they need to bring the RM 125 back?
tylermx967
10/4/2016 2:06pm
I THINK MIKE WEB GONE TO PUT TUGETHER A GREAT TEAM FOR NEXT YEAR! I HOAP HE BRING BACK KYLE CUNNIGHAM AND MATT BISCEGLIA SO I CAN CHEER ON 2 RIDERS FORM TEXAS.
Rowlands
10/4/2016 2:49pm
I think seewer and Everts are a lethal combo. Mx2 championship will be his in 2017 I think, close battle with Jonas.

There MXGP team could be better but I was impressed with Arminas's results when he took the full in !
10/4/2016 2:57pm
I'm not a believer for Seewer taking the win next year. I think that TKO, Jonas , Paturel and Vandoninck have something to say about that. and i'm forgetting a lot other riders the field will be very close together speed wise and we r going to see an all out mayhem from the get go a bad start will be punished severely

Post a reply to: Team Suzuki World MXGP / MX2 2017

The Latest