Team Suzuki World MXGP / MX2 2017

Related:
Create New Tag

9/5/2016 9:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2016 9:58 AM

All riders are now officially announced.

MXGP: Kevin Strijbos, Arminas Jasikonis
MX2: Jeremy Seewer, Bas Vaessen, Hunter Lawrence
EMX250: Zachary Pichon, Jet Lawrence

Sweet line up in the "feeder"-classes!

http://www.vitalmx.com/news/press-release/Suzuki-Announces-2017-MXGP-and-MX2-Teams,20103

|

9/5/2016 9:41 AM

That's exciting in MX2. I'm a big fan of all those riders. I feel like they could've got a stronger line up in MXGP though

|

9/5/2016 9:42 AM

Awesome
Lawrence will be a force in MX2 in Everts boat... He's gonna win races

|

9/5/2016 9:47 AM

RG1 wrote:

That's exciting in MX2. I'm a big fan of all those riders. I feel like they could've got a stronger line up in MXGP though

True, but their budget decreased a lot with Rockstar pulling out. And Townley didn't came over for peanuts... A lot of dimes thrown out of the window with that move.

|

9/5/2016 9:51 AM

DeStouwer wrote:

True, but their budget decreased a lot with Rockstar pulling out. And Townley didn't came over for peanuts... A lot of dimes thrown out of the window with that move.

Surely everyone could of seen that coming.

|

9/5/2016 10:00 AM

I guess the Tonus to Suzuki for GPs didn't happen. unsure

|

9/5/2016 10:08 AM

Good mx2 team, mx2 will be exciting to watch now that JH is finally moving up.

|

9/5/2016 10:12 AM

Who is Jasikonis, admittedly I don't keep up with the GP's as well as I should but I haven't really heard anything about him.

|

9/5/2016 10:26 AM

I thought Lawrence brothers had long term Kawasaki contracts

|

9/5/2016 12:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2016 12:49 PM

Jett Lawrence in EMX250??? Are you sure? I saw him training at my local track last week on his 85cc kawasaki.... I think he's gonna do EMX125

|

9/5/2016 12:52 PM

SJK wrote:

I thought Lawrence brothers had long term Kawasaki contracts

Same here. Must of had a falling out somehow

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

9/5/2016 1:07 PM

RCB33 wrote:

Who is Jasikonis, admittedly I don't keep up with the GP's as well as I should but I haven't really heard anything about him.

He is from Lithuania and 18 years old. He is really tall (for his age), so he fits very well to the 450. He was riding in the german championship (ADAC Master) on a Kawasaki 250 last year and a 450 this year. This year he also rode a few Gps in europe and Stefan Everts caught attention of him. He got the fill-in rider for Ben Townley when he got injured and retired again. And now Arminas has an official contract for next year. Sometimes things change very quickly. Good guy and very fast. Watch out for him the next years! (Still no Gajser, wont win the world championship next year laughing )

|

9/5/2016 1:21 PM

RG1 wrote:

I think they r trying to get younger guys too get the experience now in the feeder classes and shape them in mx2 for them to go on a mx1 bike afterwards. but in comparison yes the mxgp riders look kind of silly in that list

|

9/5/2016 1:32 PM

wideopen198 wrote:

Jett Lawrence in EMX250??? Are you sure? I saw him training at my local track last week on his 85cc kawasaki.... I think he's gonna do EMX125

Quite a big jump from 85cc to 250. Same with EMX150 champion Emil Weckman, but what can you do since Suzuki and Honda doesn't have 125cc bikes. Hoping boys can do well there anyway!

|

9/5/2016 1:35 PM

RG1 wrote:

Moens_Andy wrote:

I think they r trying to get younger guys too get the experience now in the feeder classes and shape them in mx2 for them to go on a mx1 bike afterwards. but in comparison yes the mxgp riders look kind of silly in that list

It probably came down to money.

MXLarge did an interview with Everts recently and he touched on it.

|

9/5/2016 1:41 PM

HuskyEd wrote:

I think Tonus has a ride in the states

|

9/5/2016 1:51 PM

HuskyEd wrote:

RG1 wrote:

At least he's been talking that he'd like to stay in USA, but is there anything that what ride could it be? Not many good spots available...

|

9/5/2016 1:52 PM

HuskyEd wrote:

RG1 wrote:

As far as I know he's still looking for something in the states
He will race GH this weekend on a 450 as mxdn prep

|

9/5/2016 2:04 PM

If its true, this is great news for the Lawrence brothers and Australia.

|

9/5/2016 2:09 PM

Where is Brian Hsu going to be next year?

|

9/5/2016 2:10 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

As far as I know he's still looking for something in the states
He will race GH this weekend on a 450 as mxdn prep

Hell yeah!
Nice to hear that!
Didnt see him on the starting list. Looking forward to see him doing fine at GH and much more to see him live in Maggiora!
Such a cool down to earth guy! Rooting for him quite a few years now and hope his bad luck is finally over and he can show what he is capable of!

|

9/5/2016 2:13 PM

Isaish305 wrote:

America

|

9/5/2016 2:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2016 2:20 PM

Isaish305 wrote:

He quit the contract with Suzuki in Europe and is looking for a ride in the US!
Rumors are saying he is in contact with the 250 factory team from Suzuki!
Whatever team this is :D

|

9/5/2016 2:20 PM

Isaish305 wrote:

xK-Ix wrote:

He quit the contract with Suzuki in Europe and is looking for a ride in the US!
Rumors are saying he is in contact with the 250 factory team from Suzuki!
Whatever team this is :D

Motorcycle Superstore Suzuki.

|

9/5/2016 2:53 PM

ML512 wrote:

Motorcycle Superstore Suzuki.

Is this official now?
Thought the old Yoshimura team was also in the mix?! What happens with them?
But thanks for the info!

|

9/5/2016 3:41 PM

RCB33 wrote:

xK-Ix wrote:

He is from Lithuania and 18 years old. He is really tall (for his age), so he fits very well to the 450. He was riding in the german championship (ADAC Master) on a Kawasaki 250 last year and a 450 this year. This year he also rode a few Gps in europe and Stefan Everts caught attention of him. He got the fill-in rider for Ben Townley when he got injured and retired again. And now Arminas has an official contract for next year. Sometimes things change very quickly. Good guy and very fast. Watch out for him the next years! (Still no Gajser, wont win the world championship next year laughing )

I used to work for a corporation that is well known to grow the talents. The concept, hiring ok potentials, putting them under top notch managers, the people hired understand that it is a life time opportunity, like you are a fast B underfunded rider signing straight to pro circuit ... or De Coster smile. Then people are gonna be serious, push, and most of the time over perform vs. "fast A riders" who take it more for granted and are less willing to listen/learn/win. I will watch Jasikonis next years because if he stays injury free, he will have one of the best fitnesses in the paddock and is gonna give 100% each time on the bike. Could be a podium threat in 2 or 3 years.

In all cases, I am even more interested by the EMX2 program. Pichon has a bright future, and Jet Lawrence, first time I hear about him but I guess he is like most lil bros, super talented. He (they) will just have to take it easy, learning to be ready when moving to the MX2, because it is quite rumored that these 125 and EMX2 classes are super dirty, which is understandable as most young riders are playing their life here.
|

9/5/2016 3:51 PM

wideopen198 wrote:

SJK wrote:

Quite a big jump from 85cc to 250. Same with EMX150 champion Emil Weckman, but what can you do since Suzuki and Honda doesn't have 125cc bikes. Hoping boys can do well there anyway!

Pretty sure I heard Jett will be on 85 next year in the Emx, definitely not 250 he is only a small kid but good luck to both the boys looks like Evert is looking at the future with these younger riders like Jasakonis, Vaessen ,Lawrence and Pichon

|

9/5/2016 4:03 PM

wideopen198 wrote:

SJK wrote:

mxfan75 wrote:

Pretty sure I heard Jett will be on 85 next year in the Emx, definitely not 250 he is only a small kid but good luck to both the boys looks like Evert is looking at the future with these younger riders like Jasakonis, Vaessen ,Lawrence and Pichon

Won't Jet be on the 125? EMX125 next year?

|

9/5/2016 4:51 PM

SJK wrote:

mxfan75 wrote:

St Ann More wrote:

No pretty sure 85 emx 2017 then 125 emx 2018

|

9/5/2016 5:00 PM

mxfan75 wrote:

St Ann More wrote:

mxfan75 wrote:

No pretty sure 85 emx 2017 then 125 emx 2018

how old is he? 13?
It's stated everywhere that he will do EMX250

|