Team Stiffie

2/5/2013 3:46pm
I decided that if I qualify for LL's in the two stroke or +25 class I am going to put this seat cover on and wear the pants. I don't have the jersey though. Does anyone have a lead on where I could get one? I tried emailing the company years ago and they didn't have anything.

Flatliner
2/5/2013 3:58pm
I decided that if I qualify for LL's in the two stroke or +25 class I am going to put this seat cover on and wear...
I decided that if I qualify for LL's in the two stroke or +25 class I am going to put this seat cover on and wear the pants. I don't have the jersey though. Does anyone have a lead on where I could get one? I tried emailing the company years ago and they didn't have anything.

I tried finding gear as well with no luck. Hope you find some.
Steiny
2/5/2013 4:12pm
Stiffy, there's a name from my past. Brian was a super cool guy and always made sure he drove some sano vets.
2/5/2013 4:28pm
Flatliner wrote:
I tried finding gear as well with no luck. Hope you find some.
Yea I've been looking for a while. I scan eBay and craigslist all the time looking for the stuff.

The Shop

Neutra
2/5/2013 8:42pm
Cool years when creativity and free will ruled the begining of the freestyle mouvement. Loved the legaitors over the boots. I should have bought a set....
just James
2/5/2013 9:10pm
I might still have my old Stiffie jersey. Pretty sure the pants (as well as quite a few of my bones) got destroyed in a bad crash I had while practicing before a race. That would have been around 1999.
2/5/2013 9:57pm
Ha that's funny because I wouldn't need a jersey if I wouldn't have broke my wrist and gotten it cut off me. I was knocked out otherwise I wouldn't of let it happen. Let me know if you find that jersey.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
2/5/2013 10:10pm
my first 125 was a 96 yz and I got stiffie graphics for it. I also had a stiffie hat I lost at a Deftones show and was so bummed.

2/5/2013 11:05pm
I think the thing that was so great about Stiffie gear was that it almost looked like you were wearing a leisure suit while you were riding.
just James
2/6/2013 5:31am
Yep, I still have the Jersey. Same color as your pants.
wydopen
2/6/2013 5:39am
bradmx421 wrote:
actually the guys name is Mike....i cant remember his last name.... i ran into him awhile back at the strip club where my chick works. he...
actually the guys name is Mike....i cant remember his last name.... i ran into him awhile back at the strip club where my chick works. he has a pretty sick full custom LBZ chopper.......and he told me to this day he still has the OG LBZ limo....

and FOX had absolutely nothing to do with LBZ........ LBZ stands for Local BoyZ, and started in the OC
anybody looking for some of the original LBZ pants i got a couple pairs....you dont see those everyday..
Flatliner
2/6/2013 5:52am
bradmx421 wrote:
actually the guys name is Mike....i cant remember his last name.... i ran into him awhile back at the strip club where my chick works. he...
actually the guys name is Mike....i cant remember his last name.... i ran into him awhile back at the strip club where my chick works. he has a pretty sick full custom LBZ chopper.......and he told me to this day he still has the OG LBZ limo....

and FOX had absolutely nothing to do with LBZ........ LBZ stands for Local BoyZ, and started in the OC
wydopen wrote:
anybody looking for some of the original LBZ pants i got a couple pairs....you dont see those everyday..
Post pics? Jersey to go with ?
wydopen
2/6/2013 6:15am
bradmx421 wrote:

wydopen wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
Post pics? Jersey to go with ?
no jersey unfortunatly..i have a pair of the original denims in green size 32 and a pair of the white regular moto pant material in 36s i think..ill get some pics tonight..i wish the denims still fit me...i bought the white ones in a bigger size hoping they would fit but they are huge...
2/6/2013 8:29am
just James wrote:
Would you be willing to part with it? What size is it?
slipdog
2/6/2013 8:30am
Steiny wrote:
Stiffy, there's a name from my past. Brian was a super cool guy and always made sure he drove some sano vets.
X2, Brian was a great guy for sure! Loved the t-shirt...

"7 or 8 inches and hard as hell!"
Steiny
2/6/2013 8:59am
Steiny wrote:
slipdog wrote:
X2, Brian was a great guy for sure! Loved the t-shirt...

"7 or 8 inches and hard as hell!"
The submarine shirt " Stiffy, going in deep"

Those shirt were classic. The cat and the roster was a good onw too.

I see you're from nor Cal, are you one of the guys that rode for him.
slipdog
2/6/2013 9:46am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2013 9:47am
Steiny wrote:
The submarine shirt " Stiffy, going in deep" Those shirt were classic. The cat and the roster was a good onw too. I see you're from...
The submarine shirt " Stiffy, going in deep"

Those shirt were classic. The cat and the roster was a good onw too.

I see you're from nor Cal, are you one of the guys that rode for him.
He was the title sponsor for the team I was riding for in '97, but it turned out he was the only sponsor that was paying his share and everything fell apart after the first few SX's. I felt bad for him because he was trying to make the team work, but nobody was getting what was promised(Brian or us riders). I think that's part of what made him decide to do his own "Stiffie" team for '98.
just James
2/6/2013 10:43am
just James wrote:
Would you be willing to part with it? What size is it?
I think it is a medium. I'll have to think about parting with it. Kind of a sentimental thing.
oblitz
Fantasy
1498th
2/6/2013 11:52am
Here you go...... Brand new - never worn
activeMX
2/6/2013 12:09pm
I thought LBZ was the shit when I was 14 yrs. old and saw it in Crusty!

They had a booth at Indy in like '05 that made me laugh every time I walked by.....thinking how ridiculous it was.
2/6/2013 12:35pm
I understand. It would look excellent hanging on the wall in a "man cave" some day. Just let me know if you change your mind.
2/6/2013 12:36pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2013 12:39pm
oblitz wrote:
Here you go...... Brand new - never worn[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/32694/photos/56885/s1600_MX_Gear_Stiffie_Uni.jpg?1332242385[/img]
Those look great. What size is it all and what would you want for it? I just wish the jerseys weren't polyester! They were hot!
Stiffie MX
2/6/2013 12:41pm
It's cool to read what people have to say about Team Stiffie and our old gear line. We appreciate all the positive and negative comments or feedback. When and if we have something ready to introduce into the MX market again I look forward to letting everyone know.

Here is Jeff Willow in late 1997 testing the Air Ride pant and free ride jersey.

elmo
2/6/2013 4:01pm
oblitz wrote:
Here you go...... Brand new - never worn[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/32694/photos/56885/s1600_MX_Gear_Stiffie_Uni.jpg?1332242385[/img]
Holy crap! Is that for sale?!
Stiffie MX
2/6/2013 4:21pm
@Flatliner We are obviously the original equipment manufacturer and I regret to inform you that we do not have even one set in our warehouse for the sake of nostalgia or display. Our old warehouse in Simi Valley, CA was where we last had some on hand. We still had a few sets we were holding onto after we pulled the plug on furthering our production. Unfortunately, they disappeared once we moved in 2000. We pulled the plug on MX gear and the race team in 1999. The last year we manufactured gear was 1998 so if you can find anything from back in the day I would snatch it up. We are wishing we had one set ourselves but with so much talk about our old gear we are considering a comeback in 2014! I will keep everyone posted as things develop.
Flatliner
2/6/2013 4:31pm
Stiffie MX wrote:
@Flatliner We are obviously the original equipment manufacturer and I regret to inform you that we do not have even one set in our warehouse for...
@Flatliner We are obviously the original equipment manufacturer and I regret to inform you that we do not have even one set in our warehouse for the sake of nostalgia or display. Our old warehouse in Simi Valley, CA was where we last had some on hand. We still had a few sets we were holding onto after we pulled the plug on furthering our production. Unfortunately, they disappeared once we moved in 2000. We pulled the plug on MX gear and the race team in 1999. The last year we manufactured gear was 1998 so if you can find anything from back in the day I would snatch it up. We are wishing we had one set ourselves but with so much talk about our old gear we are considering a comeback in 2014! I will keep everyone posted as things develop.
Thanks for the update. Id be all over some gear if you guys made it.
elmo
2/6/2013 4:34pm
Stiffie MX wrote:
@Flatliner We are obviously the original equipment manufacturer and I regret to inform you that we do not have even one set in our warehouse for...
Flatliner wrote:
Thanks for the update. Id be all over some gear if you guys made it.
x2! I fully support a come back.

Post a reply to: Team Stiffie

The Latest