Team Stewart?

davistld01
With all the strong rumors about Yoshimura becoming the Suzuki 250 team, which would mean dropping support for Baggett & Stewart...and with the no-brainer about Malcolm Stewart moving to the 450's for 2017...what are the thoughts about a possible "Team Stewart" in 2017? I know some of you "real" insiders know some things...
|
mb60
6/18/2016 8:42am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2016 8:42am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/06/18/139858/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

Look for James Stewart to retire and Malcom will be on a Geico Honda next year.

Stamp it !!!!!!
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
6/18/2016 9:26am
I don't think James will retire next year. He seems to be very much of the mind that he can still win races and he wants to be there.
Time will tell whether or not he is delusional.
cali11
6/18/2016 9:32am
davistld01 wrote:
With all the strong rumors about Yoshimura becoming the Suzuki 250 team, which would mean dropping support for Baggett & Stewart...and with the no-brainer about Malcolm...
With all the strong rumors about Yoshimura becoming the Suzuki 250 team, which would mean dropping support for Baggett & Stewart...and with the no-brainer about Malcolm Stewart moving to the 450's for 2017...what are the thoughts about a possible "Team Stewart" in 2017? I know some of you "real" insiders know some things...
Won't happen

The Shop

mb60
6/18/2016 9:49am
Falcon wrote:
I don't think James will retire next year. He seems to be very much of the mind that he can still win races and he wants...
I don't think James will retire next year. He seems to be very much of the mind that he can still win races and he wants to be there.
What is delusional about the whole JS7 thing is. Mike Webb saying they hope he will be back next week to race at Muddy Creek. But other insider folks talking about he will not be back until after his son is born. They might as well cut ties with him and send him packing. Matty B is a better rider these days and wants to be racing on the weekends.
Dsigner
6/18/2016 10:03am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2016 10:06am
I don't see Suzuki spending double what they spend now to start a new factory 250 team.
LungButter
6/18/2016 10:07am
davistld01 wrote:
With all the strong rumors about Yoshimura becoming the Suzuki 250 team, which would mean dropping support for Baggett & Stewart...and with the no-brainer about Malcolm...
Heard on Pulp the Honda deal won't happen because there isn't enough bikes and parts, especially after the earthquake.
OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
6/18/2016 10:11am
I am pretty sure geico sold there 2nd rig. If not I know it was for sale
6/18/2016 10:58am
mb60 wrote:
Look for James Stewart to retire and Malcom will be on a Geico Honda next year.

Stamp it !!!!!!
Honestly you could say James has retired from racing a long time ago, no one said he's done making money.
Ted722
6/18/2016 11:28am
Falcon wrote:
I don't think James will retire next year. He seems to be very much of the mind that he can still win races and he wants...
mb60 wrote:
What is delusional about the whole JS7 thing is. Mike Webb saying they hope he will be back next week to race at Muddy Creek. But...
What is delusional about the whole JS7 thing is. Mike Webb saying they hope he will be back next week to race at Muddy Creek. But other insider folks talking about he will not be back until after his son is born. They might as well cut ties with him and send him packing. Matty B is a better rider these days and wants to be racing on the weekends.
Don't think you can cut ties with someone when they're on paternity leave.
brimx153
6/18/2016 11:35am
Dsigner wrote:
I don't see Suzuki spending double what they spend now to start a new factory 250 team.
this
dboivin
6/18/2016 12:52pm
Falcon wrote:
mb60 wrote:
What is delusional about the whole JS7 thing is. Mike Webb saying they hope he will be back next week to race at Muddy Creek. But...
Ted722 wrote:
he's a contract worker....
6/18/2016 1:44pm
mb60 wrote:
Ted722 wrote:
dboivin wrote:
he's a contract worker....
and if they break that contract I'm sure they will pay dearly for it, not to mention the bad press that comes with it when James gets on a KXF and makes it rain.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
6/18/2016 3:29pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2016 3:29pm
davistld01 wrote:
All I know is...
Years back (the year they started wearing the NIke MX boots) when JS7 & Dungey did a thing for Nike (questions & answers) GuyB asked JS7 where he seen himself in 10 years or so.
James said he would like to own his own team.
Sully
6/18/2016 4:41pm
FastEddy wrote:
All I know is... Years back (the year they started wearing the NIke MX boots) when JS7 & Dungey did a thing for Nike (questions &...
All I know is...
Years back (the year they started wearing the NIke MX boots) when JS7 & Dungey did a thing for Nike (questions & answers) GuyB asked JS7 where he seen himself in 10 years or so.
If they go that route, I hope James either hires people to run the day-to-day stuff, or lets his parents do it. I think Chad showed how difficult it is to be the owner/operator/rider.
Old-Man
6/18/2016 4:52pm
FastEddy wrote:
All I know is... Years back (the year they started wearing the NIke MX boots) when JS7 & Dungey did a thing for Nike (questions &...
All I know is...
Sully wrote:
If they go that route, I hope James either hires people to run the day-to-day stuff, or lets his parents do it. I think Chad showed...
If they go that route, I hope James either hires people to run the day-to-day stuff, or lets his parents do it. I think Chad showed how difficult it is to be the owner/operator/rider.
Certainly has a lot of folks coming to his farm to train and ride so he has a huge following to pick from.. If anyone can see talent it's Mr. Stewart Sr.
He has what it takes to get the job done and I'm sure their not hurting for money and "Whales" will be there to sponsor said team.
Hope to see the Stewarts for a long time to come.
6/18/2016 5:27pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/06/18/139858/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

That would honestly be the sickest bike in the pits,except for maybe the motorcycle superstore zooks.

Post a reply to: Team Stewart?

The Latest