Team PR, what bikes?

Edited Date/Time 9/19/2018 1:41pm
We know K-Dub's on the 450 Honda. Did Pastrana decide whether to ride a 450 or 250 2T Suzuki after posting his comparison video on insta a week ago? Same for Sipes.

Who's riding what?

|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/12/2018 11:03am
I've heard that they've upped the seriousness of their efforts. For sure Windham and Sipes are on four-strokes. Not sure about TP.
9/12/2018 11:12am
My two stroke Ronnie Mac mxon memorabilia is getting more valuable by the minute.....

In all the videos that I've seen of Pastrana practicing he has been riding a rm250, so I think he is still two stroking.
Dougy1
9/12/2018 11:17am
I just don't get the k dub thing is he that popular in the US or no one else was keen. Does he ride much any more.? Sipes hauls Pastrana is an icon who still rips just not sure about wyndom, not hating on him just not sure why they went with him , a better choice than Ronnie though

The Shop

mxbrian15
9/12/2018 11:21am
Sounds like they all will be on four-strokes with TP going with the 450.
Naanak
9/12/2018 12:43pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2018 12:44pm
These were from two days ago. Kenny Slater took the photos [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/12/286876/s1200_Screenshot_20180912_111427.jpg[/IMG] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/12/286880/s1200_Screenshot_20180912_111407.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/12/286881/s1200_Screenshot_20180912_111443.jpg[/img]
These were from two days ago. Kenny Slater took the photos

Kenny Slaters the man.
agn5009
9/12/2018 1:03pm
I saw something somewhere Travis asked fans to vote either 250 2 stroke or 450. I got the impression that whatever the fans voted for is what he'd race
MelonFan123
9/12/2018 2:10pm
Now that Sipes is no longer riding a 125 I think that really changes things and their ability to make the A Main is increasing. Especially with a decent amount of historically solid countries not attending this year.

My prediction: if all 3 come in healthy and avoid injuries during their training for the race, I think they show up and get caught up in the atmosphere of MXoN and put in 100% effort when the gate drops.

Anyone who has followed Travis knows he is VERY competitive

9/12/2018 3:34pm
Dougy1 wrote:
I just don't get the k dub thing is he that popular in the US or no one else was keen. Does he ride much any...
I just don't get the k dub thing is he that popular in the US or no one else was keen. Does he ride much any more.? Sipes hauls Pastrana is an icon who still rips just not sure about wyndom, not hating on him just not sure why they went with him , a better choice than Ronnie though
K-Dub will most likely get the better result of the 3? You seriously don`t know about him?
Bramlett321
9/12/2018 3:38pm
Dougy1 wrote:
I just don't get the k dub thing is he that popular in the US or no one else was keen. Does he ride much any...
Part of the drive for Puerto Rico was to raise money in the first place. KW, yes he's an icon in American moto. Regardless of where he was his style was always loved by the fans. His presence on the mic was awesome, he's just a bad ass dude on a bike, we won't even bring up the transfers. But since I did, if you'll think back to when that was happening and when reporters would interview RV, or Dunge and they'd ask whether they would do the transfers(in the dark), there answer was always no way bud. So that respect alone from his competitors gives him major moto cred.
Dougy1
9/12/2018 4:03pm
Dougy1 wrote:
Part of the drive for Puerto Rico was to raise money in the first place. KW, yes he's an icon in American moto. Regardless of where...
Part of the drive for Puerto Rico was to raise money in the first place. KW, yes he's an icon in American moto. Regardless of where he was his style was always loved by the fans. His presence on the mic was awesome, he's just a bad ass dude on a bike, we won't even bring up the transfers. But since I did, if you'll think back to when that was happening and when reporters would interview RV, or Dunge and they'd ask whether they would do the transfers(in the dark), there answer was always no way bud. So that respect alone from his competitors gives him major moto cred.
Cheers, true was about rasing money
Dougy1
9/12/2018 4:08pm
Dougy1 wrote:
K-Dub will most likely get the better result of the 3? You seriously don`t know about him?
Yeh I do. Just wondered how he would ride after being retired for quite a while now. But like the other guy said was more about raising money so basically my question was answered but wondered how in shape he was, but sounds like that's mostly irrelevant.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/12/2018 4:14pm
Now that Sipes is no longer riding a 125 I think that really changes things and their ability to make the A Main is increasing. Especially...
Now that Sipes is no longer riding a 125 I think that really changes things and their ability to make the A Main is increasing. Especially with a decent amount of historically solid countries not attending this year.

My prediction: if all 3 come in healthy and avoid injuries during their training for the race, I think they show up and get caught up in the atmosphere of MXoN and put in 100% effort when the gate drops.

Yep, and I'd guess none of them want to walk away embarassed.
9/12/2018 4:19pm
As cool as it would be for them to ride 2 strokes I personally want to see K Dub and TP race as much as possible. I want to see them in the A main and riding four strokes gives them a much better chance of that. Although K Dub did say that even if he makes it he won't race but I tend to think if they do make there is no way in hell they're not at least lining up. Finishing two motos on the other hand might be another story..
Steve 396
9/12/2018 4:29pm
I am really hoping for the 100% effort from them. Im not questioning it, rather saying i would be disappointed if they didn't.
agn5009
9/12/2018 5:11pm
Dougy1 wrote:
Kdub won't be the better result of the 3. Sipes will most likely be.
ga_pike
9/12/2018 6:21pm
as cool as a 2 smoke would be, 199 needs to ride the 450 to be slightly more competitive. He mentioned he wouldn't be top 10 no matter what but I'd like to see them make the A final if possible For that to happen, all 3 need to have their absolute best.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
9/12/2018 7:03pm
Dougy1 wrote:
Yeh I do. Just wondered how he would ride after being retired for quite a while now. But like the other guy said was more about...
Yeh I do. Just wondered how he would ride after being retired for quite a while now. But like the other guy said was more about raising money so basically my question was answered but wondered how in shape he was, but sounds like that's mostly irrelevant.
Windham is a legend. He's one of very few people to have beaten RC and Everts straight up. Many would say he's one of the most naturally gifted and smoothest riders of all time. Anyone whose seen him ride in person when he is "on" knew that he was the fastest man on the planet that day. Now it's just a matter of his endurance. I wouldn't be surprised for him to have better results than Pastrana, especially if Pastrana is on a 2-stroke.
karsmakers
9/12/2018 8:06pm
Just watched a video of KW and he said he is tipping the scales at about 215. He is not in good enough shape this late in the game to be competitive for more than a few laps in my opinion....but I love the guy for trying
PRM31
9/12/2018 8:20pm
In a recent podcast I think it was Pastrana who said they had no intention of racing the main, even if they qualified. Basically implied he knew they weren’t in good enough shape for that.
aeffertz
9/12/2018 8:36pm
Now that Sipes is no longer riding a 125 I think that really changes things and their ability to make the A Main is increasing. Especially...

GuyB wrote:
Yep, and I'd guess none of them want to walk away embarassed.
That all makes sense but I figured that’s why they’d all go with the 2 strokes. Because at least then they have a valid excuse or scapegoat but now if they’re all on competitive bikes and make it into the A main... I dunno.

I just hope none of them get hurt trying to go balls out and hope they don’t take someone’s spot in the A main if they don’t plan on racing it.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
9/12/2018 9:30pm
Not being on 2 strokes is a let down and doesn’t make any sense since Kevin Windham last week said he will not race more than one moto if they make the A main. Travis has said multiple times they have no intention of making the A main as well. So what is the point of “taking it more serious”? Travis and K-Dub are legends with nothing left to prove so whether they finish dead last on a two stroke or 15th on a four stroke, it doesn’t really make a difference.
tprice07
9/13/2018 7:28am
If Pastrana rides the 250 2 stroke he will start out behind the rest and fade fast. The novelty of the whole thing will be lost in the first few laps. I really hopes he makes it fun and hops on a 450.
kaptkaos
9/13/2018 8:20am
These guys are not trying to win, they are helping PR and building up the event and sport. Can you imagine how many people will tune into the B main this year? When have you ever watched a B Main before?

Come on guys, read it for it is, not for what you want it to be.

Even on 2 strokes these guys can win the B Main. Some of the teams show up on bikes very similar to what you and I ride.
aroark247
9/13/2018 8:32am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2018 8:33am
Dougy1 wrote:
You picked the wrong place to question K-dub. The general moto population looks up to guys like Pastrana, Stewart, Tomac, Roczen, Herlings, Cairoli. Well the moto superstars look up to Kevin Windham, even though he doesn't have a big bike championship.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
9/13/2018 11:34am
tprice07 wrote:
If Pastrana rides the 250 2 stroke he will start out behind the rest and fade fast. The novelty of the whole thing will be lost...
If Pastrana rides the 250 2 stroke he will start out behind the rest and fade fast. The novelty of the whole thing will be lost in the first few laps. I really hopes he makes it fun and hops on a 450.
You think watching somebody fade from 5th to 15th is more exciting than watching somebody go from 35th to 20th?
9/13/2018 11:37am
Dougy1 wrote:
Yeh I do. Just wondered how he would ride after being retired for quite a while now. But like the other guy said was more about...
He retired long after TP and was the most successful of all 3 in his racing career. He will be just fine, although a little winded, no doubt.
tprice07
9/13/2018 12:04pm
tprice07 wrote:
If Pastrana rides the 250 2 stroke he will start out behind the rest and fade fast. The novelty of the whole thing will be lost...
731chopper wrote:
You think watching somebody fade from 5th to 15th is more exciting than watching somebody go from 35th to 20th?
yes?

Post a reply to: Team PR, what bikes?

The Latest