Team Orders??

cali11
8/28/2017 4:33pm
That could of never happened like that. Had Herlings not of raced, Tomac would of walked away with the first Moto win & the title. Tomac & Herlings were both pulling away from the other two. Only reason Tomac went down was trying to push it to pass JH84. Even if Tomac did crash & no Herlings in race, he would of finished 4th. Either way Tomac could of went like 15-15 and still won.
Mit12
8/28/2017 7:00pm
You guys have a problem with math! Had Herlings not been there Marvin would have gained 2 more points on the day over Tomac. Now if you have Herlings let Marvin by both motos its 6 points on the day. Either way Tomac wins the championship. Just like in SX when people said that Tomacs riding almost worked! Do the math and you will find that neither Herlings in MX or Tomacs riding in SX did nothing to help or hurt the championship standings.
Rockinar
8/28/2017 7:12pm
Canadad wrote:
If I were Musquin or even Baggett, I would not be very happy with KTM to say the least. I understand team orders as they exist...
If I were Musquin or even Baggett, I would not be very happy with KTM to say the least. I understand team orders as they exist in all forms of motorsports so I was very surprised to see Herlings stay in front of Musquin..... especially in that final moto of the day where Herlings actually eliminated him from potentially winning the championship.

Musquin did his part for Dungey, I thought it was a real slap in the face by Roger to bring in Herlings and let him go 1:1.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching Herlings but what if Tomac's bike had grenaded in the closing laps of moto 2.....what a mess that would have been. Did Herlings ignore team orders or was the plan to let Herlings finish where he may? Very odd decision by an icon like Roger DeCoster with a potential championship on the line.
Does not matter. KTM needed Tomacs bike to blow up. Anything short of that and Tomac wins.
8/28/2017 7:26pm
Lucifa. wrote:
Who is Hearlings team manager?

Why would Hearlings listen to Roger DeCoster?

Would Roger DeCoster's "Team orders" hold any weight with Hearlings?
The idea was that Herlings was "temporarily assigned" to the American Red Bull KTM team, under Decoster. But you could tell by the look on Decoster's face that Herlings was gonna do whatever in hell he wanted to do and probably had clearance all the way back to Austria.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Team Orders??

The Latest