Team Gus

EastFlorida
Edited Date/Time 4/27/2015 4:53pm
Sorry if this has been posted before, but this is my first time recognizing this effort. The posting on the home page prompted my read.

Anyway, do I interpret this as an effort similar to WW? If so, I think this is great to have two groups helping out riders. I wish I had the money to do something similar. This shows the true love of our sport to have someone spend their time and money to help guys who want to race.

I wonder how many being supported by either of these efforts believes they have a chance to win this Saturday? I would suspect none, but I'll be rooting for each one of them.

Guys doing everything they can to make it to the next race and to perform the best they can in the sport they love... Good luck to all the privateers and stay safe!
|
4/27/2015 1:44am
Sorry if this has been posted before, but this is my first time recognizing this effort. The posting on the home page prompted my read. Anyway...
Sorry if this has been posted before, but this is my first time recognizing this effort. The posting on the home page prompted my read.

Anyway, do I interpret this as an effort similar to WW? If so, I think this is great to have two groups helping out riders. I wish I had the money to do something similar. This shows the true love of our sport to have someone spend their time and money to help guys who want to race.

I wonder how many being supported by either of these efforts believes they have a chance to win this Saturday? I would suspect none, but I'll be rooting for each one of them.

Guys doing everything they can to make it to the next race and to perform the best they can in the sport they love... Good luck to all the privateers and stay safe!
I'm surprised no one at all commented on Gus' effort and dedication to these riders! Gus said that New Jersey is his 178th straight race!! I remember his first race and I was helping the Warthog team at the time. He had just retired from his construction business and was interested in helping riders cause he had a motorhome and trailer. A couple years later and I can't believe how much his program has grow, how many riders he has lugged their bikes around the country and he is still going strong! He still had that fire to help as many privateer's get a shot in the big show and not stopping anytime soon!

This program should have a GoFundMe account cause no one on the team gets paid but hundreds of riders have got a shot at living their dream! The people that help with this program do it cause they love the sport and have a special type of heart to dedicate their time and lives to help riders.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
4/27/2015 2:05am
I'm surprised no one at all commented on Gus' effort and dedication to these riders! Gus said that New Jersey is his 178th straight race!! I...
I'm surprised no one at all commented on Gus' effort and dedication to these riders! Gus said that New Jersey is his 178th straight race!! I remember his first race and I was helping the Warthog team at the time. He had just retired from his construction business and was interested in helping riders cause he had a motorhome and trailer. A couple years later and I can't believe how much his program has grow, how many riders he has lugged their bikes around the country and he is still going strong! He still had that fire to help as many privateer's get a shot in the big show and not stopping anytime soon!

This program should have a GoFundMe account cause no one on the team gets paid but hundreds of riders have got a shot at living their dream! The people that help with this program do it cause they love the sport and have a special type of heart to dedicate their time and lives to help riders.
Agreed Chris!!! That would be a great effort to help fund since it's just one guy helping ALOT of riders. True privateers.
4/27/2015 2:14am
I'm surprised no one at all commented on Gus' effort and dedication to these riders! Gus said that New Jersey is his 178th straight race!! I...

Agreed Chris!!! That would be a great effort to help fund since it's just one guy helping ALOT of riders. True privateers.
Right! That makes the most sense to me!

Question, does anyone know if you can run a live feed from the new GoPros? How cool would it be if Gus had GoPros mounted on every corner of his pit set up and live feeds to a website, that friends and family can watch what is going on! I know the new GoPros can send the feed right to your computer now so is it possible to run a live feed?

This is just a idea we talked about this past weekend. Gus is interested but has so much on his plate that can't even think about that right now! LOL I know a bunch of the riders that are traveling with this team are all by themselves. I think it would be great if their families could watch them at the race, watch them in qualifying and they could basically talk to their friends and family thru the feed.

Probably cost a lot of money to do it but I bet it possible with a Macbook, GoPro's and internet connection at the races. Also need a talented website builder! Wink

The Shop

4/27/2015 2:18am
I just looked up information about producing a live feed with GoPros and it is possible! I might be on to something pretty cool!
Allracing
4/27/2015 3:27am
Except Feld won't let a video be published on the Internet that is over 2 minutes long from the pits or the track on race day. That's why all the Transworld videos after the race are short and they have like 15 different videos after the race.
4/27/2015 4:37pm
Allracing wrote:
Except Feld won't let a video be published on the Internet that is over 2 minutes long from the pits or the track on race day...
Except Feld won't let a video be published on the Internet that is over 2 minutes long from the pits or the track on race day. That's why all the Transworld videos after the race are short and they have like 15 different videos after the race.
Ya I know that is one of the issues with this. But the people looking into it are seeing if there is a loop hole cause its just a live feed and not a video that can be watched more than once. As for now it will be for the Nationals anyway so not worried about Feld right now.
4/27/2015 4:53pm
He, or Teddy Parks of TPJ was involved with WW at one point. Both of their Pulp interviews was good.

Post a reply to: Team Gus

The Latest