Team Disputes, Fights and Trash Talk

Related:
Create New Tag

1/28/2019 5:32 PM

Anybody know if there’s back and forth between the mechanics during the races past and present?

Anybody see or recall any good disputes between teams? I recall the Alessi deal but that’s about it.

Be fun to hear some stories, if you have some let’s hear them.

|

1/28/2019 5:34 PM

Baggett and Wilson at the last round of outdoors at Pala back in the day.

|

1/28/2019 5:40 PM

Great, more Jerry Springer fans to MX...…..

|

1/28/2019 5:43 PM

?start=1500
|

1/28/2019 6:05 PM

Camel tobacco and coors beer, things have changed!

|

1/28/2019 6:07 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

?start=1500

That's friggen video is great, lol. I worked at Kawi in the 80's and saw Roy Turner every day when he was there. He's extremely laid back and pretty funny.

.

|

1/28/2019 6:41 PM

All the teams and riders are more friendly these days. RC said something like that at round 1

|

1/28/2019 6:55 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Great, more Jerry Springer fans to MX...…..

Yeah way better to listen to them drone on about their sponsors and say something super general about trying real hard then wrap it up head to the RV then airport. That keeps the fans super pumped!

|

1/28/2019 6:59 PM

Bayle and Stanton was hectic, I think Boniface got benched at RedBull KTM at one of the Nationals.

|

1/28/2019 7:17 PM

Marvin's mechanic Frankie can get bent out of shape.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

1/28/2019 8:11 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Great, more Jerry Springer fans to MX...…..

Was that directed at me?

Or are you concerned that if this topic is discussed it will somehow attract more shirtless people - people that are prone to give Marvin the middle finger - to motocross?

You can state your distaste for a particular topic in many different ways - the irony is your post is typical of something a guest on that show you referenced would say. They’d say some snide little remark when they heard something they didn’t like. You exhibit behavior that people you look down on exhibit. That’s really no way to go through life is it?

|

1/28/2019 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2019 8:44 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Great, more Jerry Springer fans to MX...…..

kage173 wrote:

Yeah way better to listen to them drone on about their sponsors and say something super general about trying real hard then wrap it up head to the RV then airport. That keeps the fans super pumped!

"Yeah way better to listen to them drone on about their sponsors.."

First of all I would like to thank my sponsors Ignite, Viagra, Trojan, Penthouse Magazine, Bristol Meyers for all the free Pennicillin...

|

1/28/2019 8:46 PM

barnett468 wrote:

"Yeah way better to listen to them drone on about their sponsors.."

First of all I would like to thank my sponsors Ignite, Viagra, Trojan, Penthouse Magazine, Bristol Meyers for all the free Pennicillin...

.....Shire Pharmaceuticals for Adderall

|

1/28/2019 9:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2019 9:28 PM

Budds Creek National, 2003, maybe 2004.
Its hot as all get out. Im there with a new digital camera, taking pics. I want something good, some action shots.
I think it was Yamaha of Troy, whoever was running the Yamaha Factory effort. I'm standing under their awning at the end of maybe 8 blue bikes on stands. Lined up pretty as can be, on stands. Just trying to get some shade.

It's the end of practice. Bikes are pulling in their pits all around, everything is hot and dusty.

Brock Sellards appears at the other end of the row of bikes, turns under the awning and putts real slow, to an empty spot/stand at my end. Right in front of me. There is only a few feet between the rear of the bikes and the rig, it's kinda tight,

Sellards gets off, his mechanic comes up, and as they're talking and getting ready to put his bike on the stand, I notice
a green bike stop at the other end of the row of Yamaha's.

Slowly, but deliberately , the green bike turns into the space behind the row of blue. It kinda creeps half way down the line and then boom, Matt Walker grabs a handful and just plows into the last 4 bikes. Sellards and his mechanic
didn't even see it coming. Before they know what's happening, Sellards, his bike, his mechanic and Walker are all in a heap, with Matt wailing away on Brock's helmet.

Everyone kinda froze for an instant. Well, everyone but Walker. Bikes are laying everywhere, Sellards kinda froze up. His mechanic started giving it back to Matt pretty good, who was still half sitting on his bike.
And Walker didn't let up.

Something happened out there on the track, and Walker was letting his feelings be known I guess.

Then, every guy in blue under that awning jumped in. It was like when a pitcher hits a batter in baseball and the dugouts empty. Most just grabbed the 3 of them, but I saw a few land on Walker from the other mechanics.

It was like, hey dude, what do you think yer doing! You're in our house!

After a quick hug fest, they were separated, Matt's bike was pulled from the heap, he got back on, real slow, started it
and putted out of there. Like he owned the place.

Sellards was pissed. The 4 or 5 Yamaha's went back on the stands, lined up again, real pretty. Just as they were
getting back to business, you could tell, nobody could believe what just happened, some guy wearing green, with a clipboard showed up. He and the Yamaha manager are right in front of me, and the Yamaha guy kinda goes off.

Blue tells green you need to keep a leash on that guy. He coulda done this, he could caused that. He's just as pissed as Sellards. The guy from Kawasaki, the guy with the clipboard just stands there, half smiling, listens, says he will do what he can. Then turns, and walks away.

All this took maybe 5 minutes.

And me, I got so caught up in it, with the new digital camera hanging around my neck, the one I got to take action shots, forgot to take even one pic.



|

1/28/2019 9:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2019 9:26 PM

kage173 wrote:

Yeah way better to listen to them drone on about their sponsors and say something super general about trying real hard then wrap it up head to the RV then airport. That keeps the fans super pumped!

barnett468 wrote:

"Yeah way better to listen to them drone on about their sponsors.."

First of all I would like to thank my sponsors Ignite, Viagra, Trojan, Penthouse Magazine, Bristol Meyers for all the free Pennicillin...

kage173 wrote:

.....Shire Pharmaceuticals for Adderall

lol, sorry, i forgot that one. i'm sure nbc or feld would just love to have a rider say all that on national tv.

"You guys can have any sponsors name on your bike or gear that you want to....as long as we approve of it."

.

|

1/28/2019 9:54 PM

at the first supercross i attended at Atlanta 04, Larry Brooks got into it with a privateer (cant remember who sorry) in the stadium, was over a fairly std block pass from memory,

|

1/28/2019 10:50 PM

Mike Brown and Ryan Hughes had some drama in 2003 battling for the 125 title.

|

1/28/2019 11:09 PM

"I'm gonna go get the gun from my truck and shoot you in the head" haha
Photo

2003 Salt Lake City

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/29/2019 5:51 AM

scott_nz wrote:

at the first supercross i attended at Atlanta 04, Larry Brooks got into it with a privateer (cant remember who sorry) in the stadium, was over a fairly std block pass from memory,

It was Jimmy Wilson and GL. It was the LCQ when GL was riding that POS 250 KTM, he rammed Jimmy hard and Jimmy hit him again so hard that it punched a hole in Jimmys case. When they pulled off GL got into Wilsons face and Jimmy gave it right back to him, then Brooks came down trying to be tough and Wilsons mecahanic who was CP377's mechanic at PC and RCH team manager, forget his name, big boy kinda put Brooks and GL in check real quick.

|

1/29/2019 6:31 AM

scott_nz wrote:

at the first supercross i attended at Atlanta 04, Larry Brooks got into it with a privateer (cant remember who sorry) in the stadium, was over a fairly std block pass from memory,

ehr400 wrote:

It was Jimmy Wilson and GL. It was the LCQ when GL was riding that POS 250 KTM, he rammed Jimmy hard and Jimmy hit him again so hard that it punched a hole in Jimmys case. When they pulled off GL got into Wilsons face and Jimmy gave it right back to him, then Brooks came down trying to be tough and Wilsons mecahanic who was CP377's mechanic at PC and RCH team manager, forget his name, big boy kinda put Brooks and GL in check real quick.

I remember being way up in the stands watching that! grin

|

1/29/2019 6:43 AM

scott_nz wrote:

at the first supercross i attended at Atlanta 04, Larry Brooks got into it with a privateer (cant remember who sorry) in the stadium, was over a fairly std block pass from memory,

ehr400 wrote:

It was Jimmy Wilson and GL. It was the LCQ when GL was riding that POS 250 KTM, he rammed Jimmy hard and Jimmy hit him again so hard that it punched a hole in Jimmys case. When they pulled off GL got into Wilsons face and Jimmy gave it right back to him, then Brooks came down trying to be tough and Wilsons mecahanic who was CP377's mechanic at PC and RCH team manager, forget his name, big boy kinda put Brooks and GL in check real quick.

Kyle Bentley.

|

1/29/2019 7:26 AM

scott_nz wrote:

at the first supercross i attended at Atlanta 04, Larry Brooks got into it with a privateer (cant remember who sorry) in the stadium, was over a fairly std block pass from memory,

ehr400 wrote:

It was Jimmy Wilson and GL. It was the LCQ when GL was riding that POS 250 KTM, he rammed Jimmy hard and Jimmy hit him again so hard that it punched a hole in Jimmys case. When they pulled off GL got into Wilsons face and Jimmy gave it right back to him, then Brooks came down trying to be tough and Wilsons mecahanic who was CP377's mechanic at PC and RCH team manager, forget his name, big boy kinda put Brooks and GL in check real quick.

ML512 wrote:

Kyle Bentley.

Yep thats the guy! Rode a few times with him years ago when he was back here in Michigan, super cool dude.

|

1/29/2019 7:31 AM

motogrady wrote:

Budds Creek National, 2003, maybe 2004.
Its hot as all get out. Im there with a new digital camera, taking pics. I want something good, some action shots.
I think it was Yamaha of Troy, whoever was running the Yamaha Factory effort. I'm standing under their awning at the end of maybe 8 blue bikes on stands. Lined up pretty as can be, on stands. Just trying to get some shade.

It's the end of practice. Bikes are pulling in their pits all around, everything is hot and dusty.

Brock Sellards appears at the other end of the row of bikes, turns under the awning and putts real slow, to an empty spot/stand at my end. Right in front of me. There is only a few feet between the rear of the bikes and the rig, it's kinda tight,

Sellards gets off, his mechanic comes up, and as they're talking and getting ready to put his bike on the stand, I notice
a green bike stop at the other end of the row of Yamaha's.

Slowly, but deliberately , the green bike turns into the space behind the row of blue. It kinda creeps half way down the line and then boom, Matt Walker grabs a handful and just plows into the last 4 bikes. Sellards and his mechanic
didn't even see it coming. Before they know what's happening, Sellards, his bike, his mechanic and Walker are all in a heap, with Matt wailing away on Brock's helmet.

Everyone kinda froze for an instant. Well, everyone but Walker. Bikes are laying everywhere, Sellards kinda froze up. His mechanic started giving it back to Matt pretty good, who was still half sitting on his bike.
And Walker didn't let up.

Something happened out there on the track, and Walker was letting his feelings be known I guess.

Then, every guy in blue under that awning jumped in. It was like when a pitcher hits a batter in baseball and the dugouts empty. Most just grabbed the 3 of them, but I saw a few land on Walker from the other mechanics.

It was like, hey dude, what do you think yer doing! You're in our house!

After a quick hug fest, they were separated, Matt's bike was pulled from the heap, he got back on, real slow, started it
and putted out of there. Like he owned the place.

Sellards was pissed. The 4 or 5 Yamaha's went back on the stands, lined up again, real pretty. Just as they were
getting back to business, you could tell, nobody could believe what just happened, some guy wearing green, with a clipboard showed up. He and the Yamaha manager are right in front of me, and the Yamaha guy kinda goes off.

Blue tells green you need to keep a leash on that guy. He coulda done this, he could caused that. He's just as pissed as Sellards. The guy from Kawasaki, the guy with the clipboard just stands there, half smiling, listens, says he will do what he can. Then turns, and walks away.

All this took maybe 5 minutes.

And me, I got so caught up in it, with the new digital camera hanging around my neck, the one I got to take action shots, forgot to take even one pic.



Hahaha. Awesome story! Walker was pretty heated a few times out there.

I would've loved to be in the pits during the J-Law, RV2, Dungey days.

|

1/29/2019 7:39 AM

BikeGuy321 wrote:

Mike Brown and Ryan Hughes had some drama in 2003 battling for the 125 title.

Ryan Hughes and Mike Brown
Ryan Hughes and Doug Henry
Ryan Hughes and LaPaglia
Ryan Hughes and ....

|

1/29/2019 10:48 AM

J-Law and RV at Hangtown. I just happened to be standing along the fence in that corner and watched the whole thing go down. I got broken up pretty quickly

|

1/29/2019 11:21 AM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Great, more Jerry Springer fans to MX...…..

Johnny Lock wrote:

Was that directed at me?

Or are you concerned that if this topic is discussed it will somehow attract more shirtless people - people that are prone to give Marvin the middle finger - to motocross?

You can state your distaste for a particular topic in many different ways - the irony is your post is typical of something a guest on that show you referenced would say. They’d say some snide little remark when they heard something they didn’t like. You exhibit behavior that people you look down on exhibit. That’s really no way to go through life is it?

Wow. Jump to conclusions much? Funny, what I took away from his 7 words was he's not interested in drama and fighting. He could have meant all the derogatory stereotypes you listed, but I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt.

|

1/29/2019 12:42 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

?start=1500

barnett468 wrote:

That's friggen video is great, lol. I worked at Kawi in the 80's and saw Roy Turner every day when he was there. He's extremely laid back and pretty funny.

.

That is a great video! Funny how the AMA thought that first pass was "Aggressive" enough to levy a fine. . Them were some great race days back then. And how about the Swinkster getting a shoutout.

|

1/29/2019 1:34 PM

yzken250x wrote:

J-Law and RV at Hangtown. I just happened to be standing along the fence in that corner and watched the whole thing go down. I got broken up pretty quickly

Yep I was on the opposite hill watching it all go down that Saturday morning practice. It was the greatest

|

1/29/2019 1:58 PM

Reed - Canard

|

A big Thank you to FLY racing. OMA KTM. 100%. DT-1 Motorex and Bell helmets . Racing for you JG96

1/29/2019 2:05 PM

|