Team Australia MXoN confirmed

JB479
8/26/2018 9:39pm
wouldnt worry to much about this year picks. Next 5 to 10 years were setup pretty good with the Lawrence brothers and beaton. Thats at least a podium team.
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
8/26/2018 9:40pm
scott_nz wrote:
if you picked Reed, Evans would have been your next pick anyway, as he was the next best behind Ferris (who is said he is not...
if you picked Reed, Evans would have been your next pick anyway, as he was the next best behind Ferris (who is said he is not going)

so its really Gibbs vs Reed,

take out last weekend as the decision was made a month before and do a comparison,

Reed last MXdN 2014, 14-38 moto Scores,
Gibbs last MXdN 2017 5-19 Moto Score,

Stoop wrote:
these comparisons are hysterical
scott_nz wrote:
so what comparisons would you use?
one has raced the best in the world his whole career, the other has never made it out of Australia.

Do you think New Zealand should have picked Hamish Harwood over Cody Cooper?
Crush
8/26/2018 9:55pm
JB479 wrote:
wouldnt worry to much about this year picks. Next 5 to 10 years were setup pretty good with the Lawrence brothers and beaton. Thats at least...
wouldnt worry to much about this year picks. Next 5 to 10 years were setup pretty good with the Lawrence brothers and beaton. Thats at least a podium team.
Agree the future looks bright. Huge steps to go though.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
8/26/2018 10:11pm
Stoop wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
Stoop wrote:
one has raced the best in the world his whole career, the other has never made it out of Australia. Do you think New Zealand should...
one has raced the best in the world his whole career, the other has never made it out of Australia.

Do you think New Zealand should have picked Hamish Harwood over Cody Cooper?
since they raced the same class all nz summer, and Cody beat him all year in MX1 except in the Mud in Hastings i would pick Cody on a 450,
(Gibbs beat Cody for the MX1 title here BTW)

but there are plenty of people think that Harwood should have been picked over Dylan Walsh for the MX2 rider (who won races in EMX250 and got 6th overall), so we have our own arguments here with taking NZ results or internnational results, Harwood has won the MX2 class here for the last 3 years, and never got picked as our MX2 rider due to international results, and we have the argument going on weather MX2 in Australia is better than EMX in europe,and how do you compare the results, and then you get the extra thing of weather you take into account that Harwood races a 2 stroke here and aussie, but has to ride a 250F in MX2 at the des nations,
(for the record, I agree with Walsh over Hardwood for the MX2 NZ rider, , and think EMX250 is a tougher class than Aussie MX2)

I think what the selectors looked at, was the fact Reed had not raced outdoors seriously in 2 seasons, and his SX season was not what he used to be either . (due to injury) , as i and others said here, if Reed had done one national and gone top 10 he would have been an easy choice, but he didn't until after the team was picked,

The Shop

jemcee
8/26/2018 10:15pm
I've said just about all I'm gonna on the subject
If you believe Reed could've been picked one last time based solely on everything he's done in the sport- I agree
If you believe Reed should've been picked because he'll do way better than the others picked- I don't agree

I just hope the same passion some hold for an individual not chosen will translate to the individuals that were and there won't be any shitty comments towards them if they have a less than perfect day
swtwtwtw
8/26/2018 10:17pm
To begin with, I would want CR22 on the Aussie team.

However, I am also in favor of having current residents of the country representing the nation. Perhaps it was just that.
mxgoon
8/26/2018 11:45pm
jeffro961 wrote:
Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh but you have to look at the big picture and not just one race. There is a heap of...
Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh but you have to look at the big picture and not just one race. There is a heap of riders out injured as usual at the end of the season(unfortunately) and this was his only race so he has nothing to lose. There is no denying the guys talent or desire when it suits him but why should we gamble on that when we have young guys chomping at the bit to have a crack?
mxgoon wrote:
Yeah let's look at the "big picture". Chad Reed. 36 years old. Multi time ama champ. No 5 on all time win list. Captain of Aus...
Yeah let's look at the "big picture".

Chad Reed.
36 years old.
Multi time ama champ.
No 5 on all time win list.
Captain of Aus MXDN team since 2002.
MXDN moto winner and overall podium.
More laps around Red Bud than any current rider world wide.
Yes he's coming off a tuff SX series where he could barely walk for half of it but still managed to finish as top privateer.

Mitch Evan's.
18 years old.
Currently 200 plus points down behind Aussie series leaders Ferris.
Never done jack shit at the international level.
Never raced Red Bud.
Not hating on the dude but he's young and has his whole career ahead of him. Holding him out for another year is no big deal. If he's still performing next year he will get his shot.

I'd be willing to bet that Reeds lackluster results at Latvia are still better than what Evan's will produce.

scott_nz wrote:
if you picked Reed, Evans would have been your next pick anyway, as he was the next best behind Ferris (who is said he is not...
if you picked Reed, Evans would have been your next pick anyway, as he was the next best behind Ferris (who is said he is not going)

take out last weekend as the decision was made a month before and do a comparison,

I personally would not have picked either one of em. My team would be Reed (c) 450 Lawrence 250 and Metty opens. I would want the a combo of speed and experience for a race of that calibre.

It's not a club day at Appin.

Even you concede that those guys are at least as fast as Reed, none of em have the experience or race craft that he and Metty have.

RG1
8/27/2018 12:07am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2018 12:09am
RG1 wrote:
Reed is probably my all time favorite rider. I'd love to get to see him ride one last time at MXdN, but in my opinion, it's...
Reed is probably my all time favorite rider. I'd love to get to see him ride one last time at MXdN, but in my opinion, it's the correct decision for him not to be selected. He hasn't raced MX for 2 years, seems to have very little interest in doing so, and I find it very hard to believe he would have any interest in MXdN if it wasn't in the US. He showed at the weekend that class is permanent and he still has the ability, but he did nothing before the point where the team had to be announced to show that he was ready and able. It's easy to sit here now and say what a terrible decision it is, but what kind of message are you sending to the guys riding the Aussie nationals if you pick a guy who is 36 and hasn't raced MX for 2 years. MA did the right thing
mxgoon wrote:
Do you follow the Aussie series? Ever been to a Aussie national? I'm guessing the answer is no and you have no idea the level of...
Do you follow the Aussie series? Ever been to a Aussie national?

I'm guessing the answer is no and you have no idea the level of competition and conditions that they race in here. All concrete dusty freeways. It's a huge jump from there to the world stage.

No I haven't. I've seen them on TV and stuff but that's as far as my knowledge goes. It's obviously a big step, but you've got to make the step at some point right? Gibbs has shown himself to be more than capable last year with a 4th in the quali race and 5th in race 2. Him and Lawrence both deserve another go. Plenty of guys have come to MXdN straight from Aussie Nats and done a great job. Like Waters, Bopping, Ferris etc.

I mean 2 of the guys picked had Australia in podium contention heading into the final race last year. That's no mean feat
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
8/27/2018 12:14am
swtwtwtw wrote:
To begin with, I would want CR22 on the Aussie team. However, I am also in favor of having current residents of the country representing the...
To begin with, I would want CR22 on the Aussie team.

However, I am also in favor of having current residents of the country representing the nation. Perhaps it was just that.
tough one to enforce, if you enforced a resident rule, that means no Reed for Australia since 2001, no Townley for NZ from 2001-2013, no Roczen for Germany,

i think the Passport rule is a good one,
Whitey
8/27/2018 12:23am
Hell, if we can change our Prime Minister in half an hour we can change a Des Nations team in no time.
Crush
8/27/2018 12:30am
Whitey wrote:
Hell, if we can change our Prime Minister in half an hour we can change a Des Nations team in no time.
Ken oath. Apparently we can change a few times before then!
brycepdh
8/27/2018 12:30am
Whitey wrote:
what a shit show that is
mxgoon
8/27/2018 12:40am
Whitey wrote:
Bahaha yes!

Send in Peter Dutton.
mxgoon
8/27/2018 12:57am
jemcee wrote:
I've said just about all I'm gonna on the subject If you believe Reed could've been picked one last time based solely on everything he's done...
If you believe Reed could've been picked one last time based solely on everything he's done in the sport- I agree
If you believe Reed should've been picked because he'll do way better than the others picked- I don't agree

I just hope the same passion some hold for an individual not chosen will translate to the individuals that were and there won't be any shitty comments towards them if they have a less than perfect day
I never thought he would do "way better" than the boys chosen but I think he could do just as well. this team or any other team we sent this year were never going to win or really even podium given the current competition.

My point has always been that Aussie fans have been robbed of a chance to see our greatest ever do it for our country one last time.

Im old enough to remember what the Aussie scene was like in the late 90s before Chad had even turned pro. It had been a long time before Chad that we had an Aussie compete on the world stage the way he did. Within 2 years of him bursting onto the scene the flood gates opened and guys like Burner, Sharky, Metty, Ando Reordan and the Moss twins all got a shot at the big time. Unfortunately it didn't work out as well for them.

This was a chance for Aussie fans and MA to say thanks and get behind him one more time.

I don't think we are gonna get a second chance.
Original 44
8/27/2018 6:19am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2018 6:21am
scott_nz wrote:

Stoop wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
One rider has raced Redbud and one hasn’t.

I do believe Reed should have raced this year at Redbud if he wanted to race the MXON.
Whitey
8/27/2018 7:11am
jemcee wrote:
I've said just about all I'm gonna on the subject If you believe Reed could've been picked one last time based solely on everything he's done...

mxgoon wrote:
I never thought he would do "way better" than the boys chosen but I think he could do just as well. this team or any other...
I never thought he would do "way better" than the boys chosen but I think he could do just as well. this team or any other team we sent this year were never going to win or really even podium given the current competition.

My point has always been that Aussie fans have been robbed of a chance to see our greatest ever do it for our country one last time.

Im old enough to remember what the Aussie scene was like in the late 90s before Chad had even turned pro. It had been a long time before Chad that we had an Aussie compete on the world stage the way he did. Within 2 years of him bursting onto the scene the flood gates opened and guys like Burner, Sharky, Metty, Ando Reordan and the Moss twins all got a shot at the big time. Unfortunately it didn't work out as well for them.

This was a chance for Aussie fans and MA to say thanks and get behind him one more time.

Byrner was already in the States a couple of years before Chad
mxgoon
8/27/2018 3:17pm
jemcee wrote:

mxgoon wrote:
I never thought he would do "way better" than the boys chosen but I think he could do just as well. this team or any other...

Whitey wrote:
Byrner was already in the States a couple of years before Chad
Raced one round of 125w in 2000. Was full time from 2001 same year Chad raced GP.
Reed raced several 125w rounds in 99.
8/27/2018 3:35pm
I find it funny that anyone Thinks reed would have had the same results on red bud if it wasnt a mudder ^^. Most european countries sends up n comers to get them to prove them selves against the best and to get them to grow as riders and because france n the us are the only 2 countries who have complete teams and a chance of winning it doesnt matter so much who oz sends. And to be fair they are fast as fuck in the oz nationals try to remember all the good aussie riders who went to america and europe, its no joke over there.
peelout
8/27/2018 3:46pm
Australian Team Manager telling Reed he's not racing

8/27/2018 4:14pm
Ewan49 wrote:
What exactly would Reed have to do to show you he is worthy of selection? I can't wait to hear your reply!
jemcee wrote:
Like I've said he did awesome and I'm not at all surprised I just dunno if he would've beaten Gibbs or Evans today You guys obviously...
Like I've said he did awesome and I'm not at all surprised I just dunno if he would've beaten Gibbs or Evans today
You guys obviously think he would've and that's cool..
It seems people are confusing my support for others as hate for Reed and it's far from the truth
Ewan49 wrote:
Do you really think Gibbs and Evans would have lined up today and got better results than Reed? WOW!!!
Gibbs probably would. He have led laps against cairoli n herlings and normally does well at mxon

Post a reply to: Team Australia MXoN confirmed

The Latest