Team Aussie is not another team USA..

DanDunes818
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 11:39pm
I keep reading post on here and many other sites that a lot of Americans are rooting for the Aussies at MXON as well as USA. They say that because they race here they're some what adopted Americans by AMA default..lol. BS .. Hey I'm a big fan of Metty and Burner and respect the hell out of Chad but next week they're the enemies..You guys may as well adopt the French and the South Africans. Hell they race here too.lol In fact Australia is part of the Brittish Empire too so the Britts are American too by default. MXON isn't time to adopt the enemy. It's time to wave the American flag and root for are guys that are in a foreign land with bulls eyes on their backs,and having shit thrown at them while they race trying, to keep the Chamberlin trophy where it belongs. USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!
|
rc4187
9/24/2009 10:29pm
I agree, however I think the reason people want either the USA to win or the Australians is because it would "prove" the AMA is the faster series... Not bc they're claiming that they're American. Me personally? I believe the USA will bring home the trophy.
DanDunes818
9/24/2009 10:35pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2009 10:37pm
To me it's always been USA vs the world. A hole lot of euros feel that way too. I think a win by anyone other then the Americans is a win for them. But I do see your point on the ama vs the World GP.. I am totally 99.9% prejudice to all foreigners 2 days a year for MXON..The point 1% is reserved for "The man" DeCoster..He's the exception to the rule.. USA!! USA!! USA!!
felpro
9/24/2009 11:08pm
Hey ... We could not be there in full force without the Japanese bikes, American team support and that guy from Belgium.

It's hard to forget the Australian / American alliance ...but for that weekend it's OVER !!
tobz
9/25/2009 1:39am
go you aussies. kick some seppo arse!

The Shop

41NDT
9/25/2009 1:46am
I keep reading post on here and many other sites that a lot of Americans are rooting for the Aussies at MXON as well as USA...
I keep reading post on here and many other sites that a lot of Americans are rooting for the Aussies at MXON as well as USA. They say that because they race here they're some what adopted Americans by AMA default..lol. BS .. Hey I'm a big fan of Metty and Burner and respect the hell out of Chad but next week they're the enemies..You guys may as well adopt the French and the South Africans. Hell they race here too.lol In fact Australia is part of the Brittish Empire too so the Britts are American too by default. MXON isn't time to adopt the enemy. It's time to wave the American flag and root for are guys that are in a foreign land with bulls eyes on their backs,and having shit thrown at them while they race trying, to keep the Chamberlin trophy where it belongs. USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!
DrSweden
9/25/2009 1:48am
To me it's always been USA vs the world. A hole lot of euros feel that way too. I think a win by anyone other then...
To me it's always been USA vs the world. A hole lot of euros feel that way too. I think a win by anyone other then the Americans is a win for them. But I do see your point on the ama vs the World GP.. I am totally 99.9% prejudice to all foreigners 2 days a year for MXON..The point 1% is reserved for "The man" DeCoster..He's the exception to the rule.. USA!! USA!! USA!!
You make valid points.
Highsider
9/25/2009 5:08am
felpro wrote:
Hey ... We could not be there in full force without the Japanese bikes, American team support and that guy from Belgium. It's hard to forget...
Hey ... We could not be there in full force without the Japanese bikes, American team support and that guy from Belgium.

It's hard to forget the Australian / American alliance ...but for that weekend it's OVER !!
X2
DanDunes818
9/25/2009 11:17am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2009 1:25pm
I keep reading post on here and many other sites that a lot of Americans are rooting for the Aussies at MXON as well as USA...
41NDT wrote:
Without Osborne there's about a .000001 % chance they'll make the top 20 field..Even with Zach chances were slim the way he's been riding since his wrist injury. I think it's great though that Dixon from UTag sponsors team PR and gives kids that would otherwise have no shot to get invited to such a huge stage a chance to possibly shine like Zach did last year . You got to love the loop holes exposed with team PR..
9/25/2009 11:35am
Australia isn't another Team USA...but it is chock full of AMA riders, and if they do well, and America does well it's reason number 1,234,643,789,432,000 why the AMA series is deeper, faster, harder, more prestigius, than the GP's (though I dont' expect any "Euro's" to ever admit it...and that's okay...I enjoy laughing at them when they try and defend their series).

I hope it's USA and Australia 1-2...with another team with an AMA rider in third (England, S. Africa)...total and utter AMA dominance of the event. 7 of the 9 riders on the top three teams at the mxdn would be AMA Riders...I'd love it.
09450f
9/25/2009 12:32pm
Australia isn't another Team USA...but it is chock full of AMA riders, and if they do well, and America does well it's reason number 1,234,643,789,432,000 why...
Australia isn't another Team USA...but it is chock full of AMA riders, and if they do well, and America does well it's reason number 1,234,643,789,432,000 why the AMA series is deeper, faster, harder, more prestigius, than the GP's (though I dont' expect any "Euro's" to ever admit it...and that's okay...I enjoy laughing at them when they try and defend their series).

I hope it's USA and Australia 1-2...with another team with an AMA rider in third (England, S. Africa)...total and utter AMA dominance of the event. 7 of the 9 riders on the top three teams at the mxdn would be AMA Riders...I'd love it.
thats sounds good to me
joe101uk
9/25/2009 12:43pm
Desalle and Nagl will dominate MX1

Searle and Musquin for MX2

Philippaerts and Ramon for MX3

Some of you have probably noticed that my predictions change everyday................................................................................F*ck it, i'm saying team GB to dominate like those ginger guys in 2007.
9/25/2009 2:05pm
joe101uk wrote:
Desalle and Nagl will dominate MX1 Searle and Musquin for MX2 Philippaerts and Ramon for MX3 Some of you have probably noticed that my predictions change...

Some of you have probably noticed that my predictions change everyday................................................................................F*ck it, i'm saying team GB to dominate like those ginger guys in 2007.
I think you're fishing...but I've got nothing better to do...

The one point I'll argue is the Searle MX2...really? Over Weimer? Wiemer has had Searle Covered all summer. With Metcalf and Rattray right in there too.

And I think it'll be a Reed/Dungey/Cairolli (is he in?) battle in MX1

You're probably right in mx3...though I think Tedesco and Byrner will be close.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
9/25/2009 2:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:22am
Metty,Burner & Reed have all made great Americans out of themselves.
Just like millions of others who have came across the pond over the years to this country chasing the American dream.

Dropbear
9/25/2009 2:37pm
There has always been something about making it big in the States for Aussie's.

The money, press and the easy assimilation into the lifestyle and culture. Oh, did I mention the money.

I go to the US twice a year or so for work and have a great time.

Having said that, Oz for the MXON!!
pilotdude
9/25/2009 3:27pm
joe101uk wrote:
Desalle and Nagl will dominate MX1 Searle and Musquin for MX2 Philippaerts and Ramon for MX3 Some of you have probably noticed that my predictions change...

I like it when people root for their home team unashamedly. I think it's cool that you are rooting for GB. The team of Simpson, Searle, and McKenzie could do some damage. I think the Aussies and Yanks are also going to be tough.

I was at the MXDN in 07 and the only regret I have is that Stewart wasn't there. Carmichael, Villopoto, Stewart would have been the all time greatest team ever--including the Bailey, Johnson, O'Mara team of 86. I'm bummed we didn't get to see that combo in 06 or 07 and now never will.
jamma10
9/25/2009 3:58pm
joe101uk wrote:

pilotdude wrote:
I like it when people root for their home team unashamedly. I think it's cool that you are rooting for GB. The team of Simpson, Searle...
I like it when people root for their home team unashamedly. I think it's cool that you are rooting for GB. The team of Simpson, Searle, and McKenzie could do some damage. I think the Aussies and Yanks are also going to be tough.

I was at the MXDN in 07 and the only regret I have is that Stewart wasn't there. Carmichael, Villopoto, Stewart would have been the all time greatest team ever--including the Bailey, Johnson, O'Mara team of 86. I'm bummed we didn't get to see that combo in 06 or 07 and now never will.
GB usually have a reasonable team but we rarely seem to have much luck. Until Billy Mackenzie went down in the last race while running about 4th we were on for a podium last year. Unfortunately he couldn't get his bike started and dropped down to about 12th (sound familiar?) Plus Simpson, who was in good form and capable of top 10 finishes, had two shocking starts - he rode one whole moto with no goggles after starting dead last.

This years preperations haven't exactly gone to plan; Mackenzie and Simpson have been out injured most of the season, the team manager gets sacked, MX1 rider Anderson breaks his thumb and now our MX3 rider Nunn has broken his Fibula - both of whom have had very good domestic seasons. As yet we still don't have a named MX3 rider!

Im with you on the MXDN US team for 06/07 - that would have definitely been the best team ever. Some 50,000+ GP fans (some reports say 80,000) from all over the World attended Matterly Basin in '06, that says alot about the respect most of us have for those three riders.
41NDT
9/25/2009 4:17pm
41NDT wrote:
Without Osborne there's about a .000001 % chance they'll make the top 20 field..Even with Zach chances were slim the way he's been riding since his...
Without Osborne there's about a .000001 % chance they'll make the top 20 field..Even with Zach chances were slim the way he's been riding since his wrist injury. I think it's great though that Dixon from UTag sponsors team PR and gives kids that would otherwise have no shot to get invited to such a huge stage a chance to possibly shine like Zach did last year . You got to love the loop holes exposed with team PR..
But this is the problem i have as you send THE BEST 3 from your country.
If they were serious about giving someone a chance (kid) the MX3 class should be dropped and make it an under 18 class on 250F's
lucero10x
9/25/2009 4:24pm
I am psyched to see if this "underdog" team of ours can get the job done. It's a three man game boys. They aren't gonna lay down to the aussies and the aussies aren't the only team to be weary of. I wonder how the jump filled track will factor in. It's gonna be epic like every year. If pit pundits, bench racers and know it alls decided the outcome there would be no reason to race. There are three motos coming up in Italy that will decide this deal and I can't wait to see it (from here, anyway).

MXDN, fall air, US open coming up...the 2010 season will be here before we know it.
ProMed
9/25/2009 4:52pm
I'm standing by my initial prediction of 3rd place for the US team or a second place if the stars all line up. However, I will be pulling for them to prove me wrong.
Double H
9/25/2009 7:12pm
Aussies have it hands down, sorry boys!
Double H
9/25/2009 7:12pm
Oh and if we do win you'll all have excuses anyways!
joe101uk
9/25/2009 7:22pm
joe101uk wrote:

I think you're fishing...but I've got nothing better to do... The one point I'll argue is the Searle MX2...really? Over Weimer? Wiemer has had Searle Covered...
I think you're fishing...but I've got nothing better to do...

The one point I'll argue is the Searle MX2...really? Over Weimer? Wiemer has had Searle Covered all summer. With Metcalf and Rattray right in there too.

And I think it'll be a Reed/Dungey/Cairolli (is he in?) battle in MX1

You're probably right in mx3...though I think Tedesco and Byrner will be close.
Jake has had him all summer but this is a 1 off race outside of the USA. Tommy always rides great at the nations aswell.

I think all the British fans will light a fire underneath tommys ass and he'll pull off something amazing.
DanDunes818
9/25/2009 7:52pm
Double H wrote:
Oh and if we do win you'll all have excuses anyways!
No excuses.. Like every other country in the world we're sending the fastest we got.. Every team has health issues so that's no excuse..If you win,which i doubt because the Aussies always choke at this event,but if by some chance you do win you deserve it. I'd like to point out before I get raped on here by all the Aussies that the choke statement isn't my opinion.. I'm basing that on fact.
jamma10
9/26/2009 3:16am
There is no doubt that the Aussies have a VERY good team, but everyone thought they would do well last year too...

Race 1: Reed 12th, Metcalfe 17th

Race 2: Byrne 8th, Metcalfe 10th

Race 3: Reed 8th, Byrne DNF/Crashed
DanDunes818
9/26/2009 10:48am
jamma10 wrote:
There is no doubt that the Aussies have a VERY good team, but everyone thought they would do well last year too... Race 1: Reed 12th...
There is no doubt that the Aussies have a VERY good team, but everyone thought they would do well last year too...

Race 1: Reed 12th, Metcalfe 17th

Race 2: Byrne 8th, Metcalfe 10th

Race 3: Reed 8th, Byrne DNF/Crashed
Damn!! Do you truly think the AMA champ is going to go 12-8?? lol
Double H
9/26/2009 12:51pm
yeh i'll give you that we do lol not this year but!
rompin87
9/26/2009 3:22pm
hi, i did mention this in another thread about how some 'americans' will be now cheering on the oz team as it seems (no offence) the only way you will win this year. but yes i do get the point as well as it can be usa v europe but that only comes down to the usual ama v gp arguement of which is better. it seems a wide open one this year so heres to you all (an i do mean that) lets get it on. go team gb, whoever it is riding for us lol.
croom mx
9/26/2009 3:24pm
The reason they are rooting for them is that they will probably WIN!
ns503
9/26/2009 3:29pm
So have there been any recent track pics posted anywhere?

Post a reply to: Team Aussie is not another team USA..

The Latest