Target on his back

Related:
Create New Tag

2/21/2018 7:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/22/2018 7:27 AM

So obviously Forkner isn't too pumped about Zacko's pass on him last week. This post isnt to debate whether the pass was dirty or not. What I'm wondering is. Since Forkner stated in a post race interview that someone (obviously Zach) has a target on his back. If and when Austin does retaliate, it seems that the AMA would have no choice but to throw the book at him because he was foolish enough to essentially "call his shot".

IMO it was very stupid of him to make such a statement, it's not doing to do anything but hurt him.... unless the AMA goes off the reservation again on how they deal with penalties. Austin is still very much in this title hunt, and Mitch better have a good talk with him so he doesn't do anything that jeopardizes his chance.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

2/21/2018 7:51 AM

Unless he T-bones him I don't see anything happening as far as a penalty. There isn't a rule against riding aggressively and cleaning out a rider. That's racing. It happens pretty much every week.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

2/21/2018 7:56 AM

hartebreak wrote:

So obviously Forkner isn't too pumped about Zacko's pass on him last week. This post isnt to debate whether the pass was dirty or not. What I'm wondering is. Since Forkner stated in a post race interview that someone (obviously Zach) has a target on his back. If and when Austin does retaliate, it seems that the AMA would have no choice but to throw the book at him because he was foolish enough to essentially "call his shot".

IMO it was very stupid of him to make such a statement, it's not doing to do anything but hurt him.... unless the AMA goes off the reservation again on how they deal with penalties. Austin is still very much in this title hunt, and Mitch better have a good talk with him so he doesn't do anything that jeopardizes his chance.

Yes he has a big target on his back, he the best out there.

|

2/21/2018 8:09 AM

I' not sure the 21 and under class has it in them to take him out, Maybe Ferrandis maybe but Marty D is to nice and the kids are not going to do it.

|

2/21/2018 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2018 8:25 AM

c0ncEpT wrote:

Unless he T-bones him I don't see anything happening as far as a penalty. There isn't a rule against riding aggressively and cleaning out a rider. That's racing. It happens pretty much every week.

I agree, there are lots of take outs and often a "payback" but the fact that Forkner has basically threatened retaliation pretty much means some sort of penalty would have to be levied by the AMA. I would also assume that the Rockstar guys would be making a big stink about it as well.

I guess all I am saying is that Austin should have just kept his mouth shut, paid Osborne back and move on. But the genie is out of the bottle at this point. I mean, look at what happened to Chad a couple years ago with Canard.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

2/21/2018 8:26 AM

Osborne does have a target on his back. He's the reigning champ and until proven otherwise the best in the class. If you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best.

|

2/21/2018 9:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2018 9:32 AM

Saying someone has a target on their back is not necessarily a threat.

It could easily be explained as the one to beat and they plan to do it.

Don't really see how a vague statement like that could be a factor in disciplining aggressive riding,

Well, I guess we are talking about John gallegher, so you better not hit anybody if you are out of the top ten unless you are a factory rider coming through after a bad start.

It would be kind of cool to see an old fashioned slam/grudge fest like howerton vs hannah or chicken vs bradshaw vs Larry ward

|

2/21/2018 9:34 AM

Forkner could learn a lot from Zach. I am a HUGE Forkner fan, but Zach is showing pretty much everyone what it looks like to REALLY want to win.

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

2/21/2018 9:55 AM

gt80rider wrote:

Forkner could learn a lot from Zach. I am a HUGE Forkner fan, but Zach is showing pretty much everyone what it looks like to REALLY want to win.

A'men.

|

2/21/2018 10:37 AM

hartebreak wrote:

BobbyM wrote:

Yes he has a big target on his back, he the best out there.

Right! If I was Forkner I wouldn’t mess with him, that kid has developed a lot more skill at bump and run the Forkner. Forkner should just hit replay on Savatgys run in with him.

|