Tanti vs Ferris almost as cool as Eli vs Sexton

arebnac
8/23/2022 11:38am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2022 6:45pm
The Australian MX Championship is over and if you havent watched, all rounds are on this YouTube channel (mx1, mx2 and mx3)
The MX1 was very fun to follow, in the title fight between Aaron Tanti and Dean Ferris. Other names like Metcalfe and Todd Waters were there too. Its a very fun champhionship to watch and its not so megalomaniac like the AMA series. It feels more like "well I could race the MX3 class in there" haha tho some hard crashes sometimes. Maybe save the link for the offseason? Anyway...

https://youtu.be/XOphXEctwhs
|
DadBod86
Fantasy
971st
8/23/2022 5:27pm
The series is definitely getting better!
Crisp
8/23/2022 7:04pm
It's been great racing this year. It's a shame Ferris had a bad start to the year, the points could have been much closer. Imagine what could have been if Webster & Clout hadn't crashed out of the series?
fanger
8/23/2022 9:43pm
Can we talk about how good minear is going to be? Kid absolutely rips for his age.
Bearuno
8/24/2022 12:16am
It's been great that SBS has had it on TV, that and the AORC!

As I'm so 'crocked' at the moment, I've spent much of my Sundays watching the OZ Nationals and other race series, and catching up on the US Nationals - I'll stay up for practice, but I need my beauty sleep.........

Together with their covering the OZ Road Racing scene, and WSBK races ( not forgetting Dakar for years now) it's so good to have some real coverage of something other than the usual ball, and ball and stick BS that so dominates coverage.

So, Ferry is finally retiring, it seems. I wish him well. If one of our OZ MXdN team doesn't make it to the race in one piece, he's the bloke I'd like to see take a place in the team. That's Nothing against Tanti or the others.

To my fellow Aussies here : I often wonder about the reaction US posters would have to Kate Peck. With the near hystrionics some come out with over a certain Brit race worker, I think they might have a 'hearty' over her and her accent. I'd love to see the reaction to her if she ever did US SX, it would be hilarious! Years ago, when she first turned up at the races, I admit I just thought, 'bloody hell, an ex model, WTF do we have her doing stuff ?', but, she's been around a long time, rides ( mainly ADV from what I can gather) and knows the sport / the riders. Sort of glamorous Bogan Girl, that I still cringe a bit at ( her near wildly happy enthusiasm is a bit much for an old Grump like me, at times) , but, she does a pretty good job, and is genuinely enthusiastic about Bikes in general.

The Shop

fanger
8/24/2022 12:51am
Bearuno wrote:
It's been great that SBS has had it on TV, that and the AORC! As I'm so 'crocked' at the moment, I've spent much of my...

As I'm so 'crocked' at the moment, I've spent much of my Sundays watching the OZ Nationals and other race series, and catching up on the US Nationals - I'll stay up for practice, but I need my beauty sleep.........

Together with their covering the OZ Road Racing scene, and WSBK races ( not forgetting Dakar for years now) it's so good to have some real coverage of something other than the usual ball, and ball and stick BS that so dominates coverage.

So, Ferry is finally retiring, it seems. I wish him well. If one of our OZ MXdN team doesn't make it to the race in one piece, he's the bloke I'd like to see take a place in the team. That's Nothing against Tanti or the others.

To my fellow Aussies here : I often wonder about the reaction US posters would have to Kate Peck. With the near hystrionics some come out with over a certain Brit race worker, I think they might have a 'hearty' over her and her accent. I'd love to see the reaction to her if she ever did US SX, it would be hilarious! Years ago, when she first turned up at the races, I admit I just thought, 'bloody hell, an ex model, WTF do we have her doing stuff ?', but, she's been around a long time, rides ( mainly ADV from what I can gather) and knows the sport / the riders. Sort of glamorous Bogan Girl, that I still cringe a bit at ( her near wildly happy enthusiasm is a bit much for an old Grump like me, at times) , but, she does a pretty good job, and is genuinely enthusiastic about Bikes in general.
Call ne crazy, I think she's one of the best on the broadcast.

Agreed she does get a bit over excited etc, but you can tell she is genuinely into the sport which is awesome. It's not like she's out there faking it to get a pay check.
CPR
8/24/2022 2:46am
Bearuno wrote:
It's been great that SBS has had it on TV, that and the AORC! As I'm so 'crocked' at the moment, I've spent much of my...

😂 ha there is no way on earth the majority of American moto fans could handle Kate Peck.
Can you imagine the threads and comments here?!
Gungadin
8/24/2022 3:02am
Lee Hogan needs to dial it back to silence sometimes. Kate is great.
Bearuno
8/24/2022 3:46am
Don't get me wrong, I think Kate is great. She really Is into bikes, there's absolutely no BS or artifice to her presentation / work style.

She has done it for some time now, and, she very good at what she does.

Her enthusiasm and style always cracks me up. She seems like a great young ( I'm bloody old , so her being in I think, mid / high 30s is young to me ) blokette!

But as I said, can you imagine the bleating about her accent would be like here........ I'd love to see her get a fill in at a US SX to read the whining it would bring ! WoohooWoohoo
block75
8/24/2022 4:27am
My question is if Clout didn’t get hurt would Tanti have had the same bike or parts on his bike that Clout had? We all know there is a number 1 and 2 rider on each team and sometimes one will get parts before the other.
fanger
8/24/2022 4:27pm
block75 wrote:
My question is if Clout didn’t get hurt would Tanti have had the same bike or parts on his bike that Clout had? We all know...
My question is if Clout didn’t get hurt would Tanti have had the same bike or parts on his bike that Clout had? We all know there is a number 1 and 2 rider on each team and sometimes one will get parts before the other.
I'd assume cdr would run a rair program, but who knows? Surely somebody lurking would have the answer.

Maybe Ferris got the goodies once Webster was ruled out.

Found it weird Ferris basically called out konsky post retirement, then decides to race again and on his team.
fanger
8/24/2022 4:29pm
Bearuno wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I think Kate is great. She really Is into bikes, there's absolutely no BS or artifice to her presentation / work style...
Don't get me wrong, I think Kate is great. She really Is into bikes, there's absolutely no BS or artifice to her presentation / work style.

She has done it for some time now, and, she very good at what she does.

Her enthusiasm and style always cracks me up. She seems like a great young ( I'm bloody old , so her being in I think, mid / high 30s is young to me ) blokette!

But as I said, can you imagine the bleating about her accent would be like here........ I'd love to see her get a fill in at a US SX to read the whining it would bring ! WoohooWoohoo
She'd ruffle a few feathers for sure 🤣
MXMattii
8/24/2022 4:58pm
fanger wrote:
Can we talk about how good minear is going to be? Kid absolutely rips for his age.
How old is the kid?
fanger
8/24/2022 5:21pm
fanger wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
How old is the kid?
14 at the beginning of the season.
mx313
8/24/2022 6:10pm
block75 wrote:
My question is if Clout didn’t get hurt would Tanti have had the same bike or parts on his bike that Clout had? We all know...
fanger wrote:
I'd assume cdr would run a rair program, but who knows? Surely somebody lurking would have the answer. Maybe Ferris got the goodies once Webster was...
I'd assume cdr would run a rair program, but who knows? Surely somebody lurking would have the answer.

Found it weird Ferris basically called out konsky post retirement, then decides to race again and on his team.
Cdr I believe they both have equal parts.
But I noticed on the Honda's. Webster and Todd had kit suspension and a few other goodies. But Ferris and the others on the team had production parts. Not sure if it was a choice of his or not.
mx313
8/24/2022 6:18pm
Look at the shock, fork tubes and bottom lugs

whethefakawe
8/24/2022 9:17pm Edited Date/Time 8/24/2022 9:24pm
arebnac wrote:
The Australian MX Championship is over and if you havent watched, all rounds are on this YouTube channel (mx1, mx2 and mx3) The MX1 was very...
The Australian MX Championship is over and if you havent watched, all rounds are on this YouTube channel (mx1, mx2 and mx3)
The MX1 was very fun to follow, in the title fight between Aaron Tanti and Dean Ferris. Other names like Metcalfe and Todd Waters were there too. Its a very fun champhionship to watch and its not so megalomaniac like the AMA series. It feels more like "well I could race the MX3 class in there" haha tho some hard crashes sometimes. Maybe save the link for the offseason? Anyway...

Hmmmm................interesting. I've never seen Aussie MX. I used to race in another ex-colony in the southern hemisphere back when Bailey, O'Mara, Hannah and Lackey ruled the roost, so I noticed many small details that looked familiar.

Some general observations:

1) the boyz out front MOVE. I bet they'd be top 10 in the US.............outdoors, where real men race.

2) Beautiful setting for this track, are they all like that? Out in the bush, bluegums everywhere and green grass. Small crowds. No suburbs to be seen, lovely!

3) Track's a bit........make that very.......... blaah. Looks like Pala MX in San Diego. All man-made, no elevation changes, a long outdoor SX track. Shirley there are some natural terrain tracks?

4) The silly sheila with the blonde hair helmet.....geezus..........what a dingbat! Who the hell is she? What does she know about MX? Has she ever ridden a dirtbike, never mind raced MX? Case of Fosters (Australian for piss) says she doesn't know which wheel goes in front. At least she's not all touchy-feely like the English broad on American SX, the one with a man's name and fingernails-across-blackboard voice, watzername again? "I had a long conversation with...." on and on for 7 minutes, while the racing is on....... aaah feck off ya noisy bint................

5) Even more disappointing, the bushpigs in the podium area. Crikey mate.............do they plow the track before the races? Not very glamorous, to be very generous. FAIL.

This video tickled my interest, I'll be watching the MXdN this year. Curious to see how these blokes stack up against Tomac, Sexton, Gajser, Vialle and the rest. Bet they'll be up close to the front.

Cheers

fanger
8/24/2022 9:40pm
arebnac wrote:
The Australian MX Championship is over and if you havent watched, all rounds are on this YouTube channel (mx1, mx2 and mx3) The MX1 was very...

Hmmmm................interesting. I've never seen Aussie MX. I used to race in another ex-colony in the southern hemisphere back when Bailey, O'Mara, Hannah and Lackey ruled the...
Hmmmm................interesting. I've never seen Aussie MX. I used to race in another ex-colony in the southern hemisphere back when Bailey, O'Mara, Hannah and Lackey ruled the roost, so I noticed many small details that looked familiar.

1) the boyz out front MOVE. I bet they'd be top 10 in the US.............outdoors, where real men race.

2) Beautiful setting for this track, are they all like that? Out in the bush, bluegums everywhere and green grass. Small crowds. No suburbs to be seen, lovely!

3) Track's a bit........make that very.......... blaah. Looks like Pala MX in San Diego. All man-made, no elevation changes, a long outdoor SX track. Shirley there are some natural terrain tracks?

4) The silly sheila with the blonde hair helmet.....geezus..........what a dingbat! Who the hell is she? What does she know about MX? Has she ever ridden a dirtbike, never mind raced MX? Case of Fosters (Australian for piss) says she doesn't know which wheel goes in front. At least she's not all touchy-feely like the English broad on American SX, the one with a man's name and fingernails-across-blackboard voice, watzername again? "I had a long conversation with...." on and on for 7 minutes, while the racing is on....... aaah feck off ya noisy bint................

5) Even more disappointing, the bushpigs in the podium area. Crikey mate.............do they plow the track before the races? Not very glamorous, to be very generous. FAIL.

This video tickled my interest, I'll be watching the MXdN this year. Curious to see how these blokes stack up against Tomac, Sexton, Gajser, Vialle and the rest. Bet they'll be up close to the front.

Cheers

Check out round 2 for a good track. We've got some of the best tracks in the world down here, shame the nationals don't visit many of them.
145mx
8/24/2022 9:43pm
mx313 wrote:
Look at the shock, fork tubes and bottom lugs [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/24/565389/s1200_Screenshot_20220825_111557_Instagram.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/24/565390/s1200_Screenshot_20220825_111523_Instagram.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/24/565391/s1200_Screenshot_20220825_111509_Instagram.jpg[/img]

Dean Ferris is well known for liking stock parts over aftermarket. When he turned up and raced highpoint to 2nd overall (I believe maybe 3rd) a few years back, rumour was the American teams though it odd he ran stock triple clamps and other stock parts and after seeing his results they trialled them and now look at star riders like Justin Cooper running multiple stock parts across the bike. Sometimes shiny and coloured doesn't always mean better.
8/25/2022 3:08am
mx313 wrote:
Look at the shock, fork tubes and bottom lugs [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/24/565389/s1200_Screenshot_20220825_111557_Instagram.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/24/565390/s1200_Screenshot_20220825_111523_Instagram.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/24/565391/s1200_Screenshot_20220825_111509_Instagram.jpg[/img]

145mx wrote:
Dean Ferris is well known for liking stock parts over aftermarket. When he turned up and raced highpoint to 2nd overall (I believe maybe 3rd) a...
Dean Ferris is well known for liking stock parts over aftermarket. When he turned up and raced highpoint to 2nd overall (I believe maybe 3rd) a few years back, rumour was the American teams though it odd he ran stock triple clamps and other stock parts and after seeing his results they trialled them and now look at star riders like Justin Cooper running multiple stock parts across the bike. Sometimes shiny and coloured doesn't always mean better.
Word on the street is the Yamaha US guys weren’t allowed to ride Ferris’s CDR bike as they knew they’d prefer it over there own US bikes.
145mx
8/25/2022 3:40am
mx313 wrote:

145mx wrote:
Dean Ferris is well known for liking stock parts over aftermarket. When he turned up and raced highpoint to 2nd overall (I believe maybe 3rd) a...
Word on the street is the Yamaha US guys weren’t allowed to ride Ferris’s CDR bike as they knew they’d prefer it over there own US...
Word on the street is the Yamaha US guys weren’t allowed to ride Ferris’s CDR bike as they knew they’d prefer it over there own US bikes.
Correct, until recently CDR were the only people more or less worldwide who were consistently able to set up the Yamaha 450 into a race winning package. Factory Yamaha USA knew that and wouldn't want to look stupid
jaun
8/25/2022 4:19am
block75 wrote:
fanger wrote:
I'd assume cdr would run a rair program, but who knows? Surely somebody lurking would have the answer. Maybe Ferris got the goodies once Webster was...

mx313 wrote:
Cdr I believe they both have equal parts. But I noticed on the Honda's. Webster and Todd had kit suspension and a few other goodies. But...
But I noticed on the Honda's. Webster and Todd had kit suspension and a few other goodies. But Ferris and the others on the team had production parts. Not sure if it was a choice of his or not.
Was a choice, Ferris was swapping and changing all season.
8/25/2022 5:58am
mx313 wrote:

145mx wrote:
2nd in a moto, not overall (high point 2017 I believe)
Juck
Fantasy
320th
8/26/2022 4:57pm
arebnac wrote:

Hmmmm................interesting. I've never seen Aussie MX. I used to race in another ex-colony in the southern hemisphere back when Bailey, O'Mara, Hannah and Lackey ruled the...

Cheers

fanger wrote:
Check out round 2 for a good track. We've got some of the best tracks in the world down here, shame the nationals don't visit many...
Check out round 2 for a good track. We've got some of the best tracks in the world down here, shame the nationals don't visit many of them.
Some of the best tracks in the world? Where are they?
Juck
Fantasy
320th
8/26/2022 4:59pm
Can't believe there are people that think Kate Peck is a good reporter, not claiming to be an objective critic god or anything but I think she's absolutely awful. Was actually quite shocked to read people enjoy her reporting.
wicksy85
Fantasy
1137th
8/26/2022 5:46pm

Cheers

fanger wrote:
Check out round 2 for a good track. We've got some of the best tracks in the world down here, shame the nationals don't visit many...
Juck wrote:
Gum Valley, just do yourselves a favour and watch this video.

https://youtu.be/GqQut4VUQ5k
CPR
8/26/2022 7:24pm
fanger wrote:
Juck wrote:
wicksy85 wrote:
Gum Valley, just do yourselves a favour and watch this video. https://youtu.be/GqQut4VUQ5k

Yes ^^^ and Echo Valley, particularly the old track layout, now not so much.
Juck
Fantasy
320th
8/26/2022 9:43pm
fanger wrote:
Juck wrote:
wicksy85 wrote:
Gum Valley, just do yourselves a favour and watch this video. https://youtu.be/GqQut4VUQ5k

I was asking fanger and he presumably wasn't talking about Gum Valley since he said the nationals don't go there, also Gum Valley is a decent track but it's far from one of the best in the world.
fanger
8/27/2022 12:23am
Juck wrote:
wicksy85 wrote:

Juck wrote:
I was asking fanger and he presumably wasn't talking about Gum Valley since he said the nationals don't go there, also Gum Valley is a decent...
I was asking fanger and he presumably wasn't talking about Gum Valley since he said the nationals don't go there, also Gum Valley is a decent track but it's far from one of the best in the world.
Canondale, manjimup, Ballarat (has huge potential) that other sandy track in Western Australia to name a few.

Qmp was also surprisingly good.
kevin204
Fantasy
3416th
9/2/2022 3:58pm
fanger wrote:

mx313 wrote:
Cdr I believe they both have equal parts. But I noticed on the Honda's. Webster and Todd had kit suspension and a few other goodies. But...
jaun wrote:
Was a choice, Ferris was swapping and changing all season.
To me, he never looked comfortable on the Honda. He made the most of it, but I feel like if he was back on the CDR bike, he would have been the top dog.

Post a reply to: Tanti vs Ferris almost as cool as Eli vs Sexton

The Latest