Talking Wallets and such...

Related:
Create New Tag

2/6/2016 6:28 PM

Haven't ridden in over 5 years. Been telling myself it's 2-stroke or nothing if I do it again. Should be interesting getting my ass back in shape on this beast!

Photo
Photo

|

James

2/6/2016 6:32 PM

Sweet bike!!!!

Seems like yamaha is selling quite a few of these. Almost like theres room for some other skittles.

|

2/6/2016 6:33 PM

Happiness is a new dirt bike. Looks good.

|

2/7/2016 7:04 AM

Great bike! Give us a ride report after a couple rides.

|

2/7/2016 7:11 AM

Good for you man, enjoy that beauty!!

|

2/7/2016 8:56 AM

Nice, congrats

|

2/7/2016 8:58 AM

Good luck nice bike!

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

2/7/2016 9:06 AM

Congrats, nice bike!

|

2/7/2016 9:10 AM

Congrats! Enjoy!

|

2/7/2016 9:11 AM

It can't be, vital mx told me nobody buys new two strokes and the market is dead.

Sweet bike bro

|

2/7/2016 9:13 AM

nice choice!

|

2/7/2016 9:40 AM

Great choice! You're gonna love it!!! That's my next addition to the quiver...

|

Patrick Trowbridge

2/7/2016 9:46 AM

Good choice

|

yea mate!

2/7/2016 9:47 AM

Gringoe wrote:

It can't be, vital mx told me nobody buys new two strokes and the market is dead.

Sweet bike bro

No ,man, some actually buy instead of complaining on vital and buying $1500/smokers lol. Support the factory that builds what you want.

|

2/7/2016 11:27 AM

I love it when wallets get mouthy.

|

Violence You Can Believe In

2/7/2016 11:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2016 11:48 AM

Dirtysmile56 wrote:

What? Patrick , you copying bastard! Haha. I guess our talk last week and me telling you that the new 15'-16' YZ was in my future....I secretly planted a bug in your head. laughing

Great choice on the bike SoCal....have fun with her. BTW , are the 15" and 16" models the same price down there too? I know they are here. Prefer the black wheels and graphics of the 16' myself , but that's rider preference.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/7/2016 11:54 AM

Welcome back to riding!! You have made a great choice. Enjoy!

|

2/7/2016 12:18 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

What? Patrick , you copying bastard! Haha. I guess our talk last week and me telling you that the new 15'-16' YZ was in my future....I secretly planted a bug in your head. laughing

Great choice on the bike SoCal....have fun with her. BTW , are the 15" and 16" models the same price down there too? I know they are here. Prefer the black wheels and graphics of the 16' myself , but that's rider preference.

I've been frothing over them for the last year or so. This damn snowbike obsession threw off my timing lol.....I meant to tell you the other night good choice! I demoed the '16's at Albany this summer. Jason Raines had the fleet there and I spent all my time on the new Yamaha 2 strokes. They rip and the suspension is stellar!!

|

Patrick Trowbridge

2/7/2016 12:28 PM

Dirtysmile56 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

Dirtysmile56 wrote:

I've been frothing over them for the last year or so. This damn snowbike obsession threw off my timing lol.....I meant to tell you the other night good choice! I demoed the '16's at Albany this summer. Jason Raines had the fleet there and I spent all my time on the new Yamaha 2 strokes. They rip and the suspension is stellar!!

Oh dang man , I would have picked your brain on that a little more if I knew. I was planning on picking one up from Pro Caliber in Longview , as I have a connection there. I tried the old Motosports / Beaverton Honda bike swap thing and tried to get one through motosports , but they didn't want any part of it. Said I was making a poor choice and should get the KTM 250 SX instead. ( which they don't feel right under me ). Let me know if you have some connection. I'm thinking probably around May , I'll be putting my 06' RM 250 up for sale ( which I don't want to do ) , but I need the extra room.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/7/2016 12:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2016 1:17 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

It's a 2016 250X. There were no regular 250s at this shop... in fact, I paid for this thing on Wednesday and it showed up Friday. They are apparently selling pretty well.

Edit: To elaborate, the 250X was my first choice! I was just a bit surprised when the sales guy mentioned that the 2 strokes have been selling well. There wasn't much to compare on pricing.

|

James

2/7/2016 12:40 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Oh dang man , I would have picked your brain on that a little more if I knew. I was planning on picking one up from Pro Caliber in Longview , as I have a connection there. I tried the old Motosports / Beaverton Honda bike swap thing and tried to get one through motosports , but they didn't want any part of it. Said I was making a poor choice and should get the KTM 250 SX instead. ( which they don't feel right under me ). Let me know if you have some connection. I'm thinking probably around May , I'll be putting my 06' RM 250 up for sale ( which I don't want to do ) , but I need the extra room.

I agree about the KTM/Husky's. They are awesome but I just don't feel comfortable on them. Plus that Yamaha has suspension that is leagues above the WP without putting lots of cash in. The Yamaha in my opinion is ready to go right out of the box. You should get good moolah for the RM especially if you market it leading up to dream race.

|

Patrick Trowbridge