Taking my motocross bike to Spain

Related:
Create New Tag

8/2/2019 11:08 PM

Hi guys
I’m looking at going to Spain with one of my mates and our motocross bikes. We want to spend the best part of a week riding at tracks, but not sure how to get both bikes there and back. Only be there for 8 days so don’t bikes to take ages to get there and back. Anyone know how to get the bikes there and back?

|

8/2/2019 11:25 PM

what about rent the bikes in spain?

|

8/2/2019 11:31 PM

Thought about that, but they are our race bikes and are racing soon so would like to use them on different tracks

|

8/2/2019 11:37 PM

Crate them & air freight?

|

8/2/2019 11:46 PM

https://planetmoto.co/

Take contact with Max from Planet Moto, he can probably help you. Mention that Simon from Finland sent you.

|

8/3/2019 12:03 AM

I'm thinking the number of people who have shipped bikes to Spain here is (checks list)...zero.
If you live in England and plan to ship bikes to Spain to practice for a few days, you should probably be telling us how to do things in life. w00t

|

8/3/2019 12:13 AM

Sierra Ranger wrote:

I'm thinking the number of people who have shipped bikes to Spain here is (checks list)...zero.
If you live in England and plan to ship bikes to Spain to practice for a few days, you should probably be telling us how to do things in life. w00t

Phaha the main reason is because riding your own bike is so much nicer than someone else’s smile thought that the profesional racers do it, so why can’t I? 😂

|

8/3/2019 12:56 AM

Sierra Ranger wrote:

I'm thinking the number of people who have shipped bikes to Spain here is (checks list)...zero.
If you live in England and plan to ship bikes to Spain to practice for a few days, you should probably be telling us how to do things in life. w00t

No, at least one.

But I've shipped it with a transport-service guy who specialises in these things.

Although, a friend shipped bikes to Spain with DHL.


I would do the way we usually do every winter, take the car. smile

|

8/3/2019 1:01 AM

You're a Brit?

There's a few companies that ship bikes to Spain for (tar) Track Day riders, regularly. Saw it a few times in Performance Bikes before the Mag went belly up.

|

8/3/2019 1:07 AM

Drive takes day from UK to Spain with your own van? There are many places to rent, Murcia motocross holidays, Destination MX and so on. You can crate bikes in parts and ship as many UK are going to holidays this time. But dont wait to track be nothing else than hard dry dust this time of year in Spain. Winter is time to go there.

|

8/3/2019 1:45 AM

Bearuno wrote:

You're a Brit?

There's a few companies that ship bikes to Spain for (tar) Track Day riders, regularly. Saw it a few times in Performance Bikes before the Mag went belly up.

Yep am a Brit smile
I’ll check it out thanks

|

8/3/2019 1:55 AM

Aimzzz wrote:

Hi guys
I’m looking at going to Spain with one of my mates and our motocross bikes. We want to spend the best part of a week riding at tracks, but not sure how to get both bikes there and back. Only be there for 8 days so don’t bikes to take ages to get there and back. Anyone know how to get the bikes there and back?

Not sure where you plan to come in Spain. But summer here is not for Moto..... Half the tracks closed, the other 40% hard as concrete and dusty, and maybe the remaining 10% gets prepped but only lasts til 10 am with some moisture due to the heat

|

8/3/2019 2:37 AM

Aimzzz wrote:

Hi guys
I’m looking at going to Spain with one of my mates and our motocross bikes. We want to spend the best part of a week riding at tracks, but not sure how to get both bikes there and back. Only be there for 8 days so don’t bikes to take ages to get there and back. Anyone know how to get the bikes there and back?

Berni wrote:

Not sure where you plan to come in Spain. But summer here is not for Moto..... Half the tracks closed, the other 40% hard as concrete and dusty, and maybe the remaining 10% gets prepped but only lasts til 10 am with some moisture due to the heat

Competely agree, im spain not so many tracks are prepped good in summer.
Im from murcia and its pretty hot, 35c normally...

|

8/3/2019 2:48 AM

Aimzzz wrote:

Hi guys
I’m looking at going to Spain with one of my mates and our motocross bikes. We want to spend the best part of a week riding at tracks, but not sure how to get both bikes there and back. Only be there for 8 days so don’t bikes to take ages to get there and back. Anyone know how to get the bikes there and back?

Berni wrote:

Not sure where you plan to come in Spain. But summer here is not for Moto..... Half the tracks closed, the other 40% hard as concrete and dusty, and maybe the remaining 10% gets prepped but only lasts til 10 am with some moisture due to the heat

cesar_rc4 wrote:

Competely agree, im spain not so many tracks are prepped good in summer.
Im from murcia and its pretty hot, 35c normally...

This is for around November time, but looking at flights now

|

8/3/2019 2:48 AM

I have shipped my bikes from Norway to spain.

I just used a moving company, went to my dealer and got a crate from them. packed it like new and it arrived three days later. There is plenty of moving companies going from uk to spain so check there first.

If not. I got a 2016 RMZ 450 with Øhlins, hinson cluth, PC pipe etc that has 30 hours and that I can rent out if you going all the way to the south,

|

8/3/2019 8:09 AM

Berni wrote:

Not sure where you plan to come in Spain. But summer here is not for Moto..... Half the tracks closed, the other 40% hard as concrete and dusty, and maybe the remaining 10% gets prepped but only lasts til 10 am with some moisture due to the heat

cesar_rc4 wrote:

Competely agree, im spain not so many tracks are prepped good in summer.
Im from murcia and its pretty hot, 35c normally...

Aimzzz wrote:

This is for around November time, but looking at flights now

November should be ok then!

|