Takes a while to figure things out after being away from the sport, Boots for sure not all of them fit

wwdiii
I've been away from anything with 2 wheels for a long time. Figure I'd better get back into it before I get to old and may be at 64.

Back in my day there were not a lot of chocies on gear. Boots, pretty much Hi Points.

Now there are so many choices, but not all fit. I quickly learned what I think I want and what I can get to fit are two differnet things and sizes/fit vary.

Seems like Tech 7 in size 11 fit good and are really comfortable. I typcially wear size 10s or 10 1/2, ,but 11's are the ticket in Tech 7.

O'Neal RDX's are comfortable too but were a little tite and sent them back. Good thing about Amazon prime, easy to send back. Same for Dennis Kirk, they have 90 day and cost 7 bucks to send back.

With being locked down, to much carry out and hanging at home drinking beer by the pool sure hope my pants still fit!!!!. I bet I'm not the only one that put a few pounds on, but my guess I won the price.

|
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/16/2020 9:16am
Are you sure about the Tech 7s? I typically wear size 10 or 10.5 shoes and I'm definitely a 10 in every pair of Alpinestars I've ever owned. (Never a Tech 7, however.)
JMCR250
7/16/2020 9:36am
Try the Gaerne SG 10/12. Both are super comfy and durability is excellent. (And yes, I wore Hi Points back in the day).
Rawly
7/16/2020 2:17pm
Pay the extra money for the top end boots. Your ankles will thank you. The support that is built into them is well worth the extra money. Modern top end boots make twisted ankles a thing of the past. I buy my SG 12’s a size larger than my shoes. Welcome back to the sport that never gets out of your blood.
wwdiii
7/16/2020 8:21pm
I have a pair of GX1s and they are ok. I use them to check trail Cameras on my trail bike at the property I hunt and ride logging roads. I thought about buying SG12s but for whatever reason and it wasn’t money I bought Tech 7s.

With all the comments on SG 12s I may have to buy a pair.

Thanks Billy

The Shop

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/16/2020 9:21pm
wwdiii wrote:
I have a pair of GX1s and they are ok. I use them to check trail Cameras on my trail bike at the property I hunt...
I have a pair of GX1s and they are ok. I use them to check trail Cameras on my trail bike at the property I hunt and ride logging roads. I thought about buying SG12s but for whatever reason and it wasn’t money I bought Tech 7s.

With all the comments on SG 12s I may have to buy a pair.

Thanks Billy
Another vote for SG 12’s.
Buy a good helmet whatever you do. Lots of good helmets to chose from, but everyone has their opinion. If you could care less about a year or two old colorways, there are great deals out there.
Jamal#440
7/20/2020 9:31am
wwdiii wrote:
I've been away from anything with 2 wheels for a long time. Figure I'd better get back into it before I get to old and may...
I've been away from anything with 2 wheels for a long time. Figure I'd better get back into it before I get to old and may be at 64.

Back in my day there were not a lot of chocies on gear. Boots, pretty much Hi Points.

Now there are so many choices, but not all fit. I quickly learned what I think I want and what I can get to fit are two differnet things and sizes/fit vary.

Seems like Tech 7 in size 11 fit good and are really comfortable. I typcially wear size 10s or 10 1/2, ,but 11's are the ticket in Tech 7.

O'Neal RDX's are comfortable too but were a little tite and sent them back. Good thing about Amazon prime, easy to send back. Same for Dennis Kirk, they have 90 day and cost 7 bucks to send back.

With being locked down, to much carry out and hanging at home drinking beer by the pool sure hope my pants still fit!!!!. I bet I'm not the only one that put a few pounds on, but my guess I won the price.

Yeah I just got back into after 30 years. Had no idea how stiff twin walls are (I figured it was the aluminum frame) and put in two hellish rides..fortunately I watched Pings interview with Rick Johnson and they talk about how cutting out the crossbar will give the bars some flex ..
As for boots I got some TECH 3s, they run a size big and hold up great when casing it.
Ethan454
7/20/2020 1:07pm
I wear a 10 in most shoes and 11 in tech 7s. They are they most comfortable boot in my opinion, but I am only getting six months max out of them.
wwdiii
7/20/2020 1:20pm
Ethan454,

No more than I get a chance to ride, my Tech 7 should last me a long time.

They are comfortable.

Post a reply to: Takes a while to figure things out after being away from the sport, Boots for sure not all of them fit

The Latest