kkawboy14 kkawboy14
11/23/2020 5:14 PM

Pretty good stuff there!

Photo

kkawboy14 kkawboy14
11/23/2020 5:15 PM
Munson'd Munson'd
11/23/2020 5:22 PM

A product that works and is shaped like a taco. What’s not to love?

USA USA
11/23/2020 5:34 PM

Damn good idea but $20 for something I made with some scrap wood laying around the shop??

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

Vet57 Vet57
11/24/2020 1:33 AM
Photo

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

llaliberte22 llaliberte22
11/24/2020 3:45 AM

Good idea and nice execution! Name is good!

My constructive comments for future product release: make the product color coded according to the brand color with the right slack measurements for each brand.

EngIceDave EngIceDave
11/24/2020 5:09 AM

Don't laugh too hard, back on 70's and 80's, "Nylon chain guides" were the shit.
They'd wear this deep ass groove into it

(I know not what this is, made me think of it)

Make sure you downvote!

yak651 yak651
11/24/2020 5:13 AM

Cool, keep chain lube off my fingers with that checking tension!

Press516 Press516
11/24/2020 6:17 AM

This is what I saw when I read the thread title...

Photo

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

Anton_514 Anton_514
11/24/2020 6:50 AM

“I’m all for free market and ingenuity. It breeds innovation!”

Meanwhile, a guy makes a product that fills a void, hopes to make a profit, add maybe a little money to the industry.

“Why the fuck would I buy that?! I could have made it.”

Yeah, but you didn’t.

For loving moto as much as many claim, some of you have no issue tearing it to shreds at every single opportunity.

USA USA
11/24/2020 6:55 AM
Anton_514 wrote:

“I’m all for free market ...more

I did make essentially the same thing and it cost me a whopping 5 minutes of my time. I think it's a cool idea, especially for people with the extra money and no means to make something like this themselves.

How many of these are you planning to purchase?

Holeshot Coffee Co.

Anton_514 Anton_514
11/24/2020 7:01 AM
USA wrote:

I did make essentially the ...more

As soon as they get one for a YZ, I’ll order.

Oh, and it’s made by kids.

“All our Taco Moto Co. 3D printed products are engineered and produced by 14 year old Brady and Kaden and 13 year old Elijah.

“Our partnership with these clever and innovative kids gives them fantastic exposure and experience with business, creativity, design and fabrication and hopefully will give them a leg up with practicing these skills at such a young age and a real boost to their self confidence and optimism to pursue technical careers if they choose to go that route.”

USA USA
11/24/2020 7:10 AM
Anton_514 wrote:

As soon as they get one ...more

Pretty awesome that some kids came up with this idea. I hope they get quite a few sales.

Holeshot Coffee Co.

hypermoto hypermoto
11/24/2020 7:18 AM
USA wrote:

Pretty awesome that some ...more

Pretty awesome for you to come in and shit on a cool ass product that some kids are making. (His previous post)

Good for them, I will purchase one for my bike.

Rent free...

USA USA
11/24/2020 7:23 AM
Anton_514 wrote:

As soon as they get one ...more

USA wrote:

hypermoto wrote:

Pretty awesome for you to ...more

I have experience with 3d printing and thats less than $2 worth of material. I said its a cool idea. I hope people hate what I said so much that these guys make tons of sales out of people's spite for me.

Holeshot Coffee Co.

Jeff_Crutcher Jeff_Crutcher
11/24/2020 7:34 AM
S P O K E W I T H M Y W A L L E T

Photo
hypermoto hypermoto
11/24/2020 7:36 AM
USA wrote:

I have experience with 3d ...more

Welcome to life. What product doesn’t have a markup? Does a coffee really cost $1.50 or does it cost 3 cents? Does a MX jersey really cost $75 to make? Or does it cost $2? As a business that’s how you turn a profit.

For me that product would cost over $1k to create. As I don’t have a 3D printer. I would assume I’m in the majority.

Rent free...

piscokid piscokid
11/24/2020 10:43 AM

I just cut a 2x4 the length needed based on the bike make and model. I sand it up and make it look nice. I ID'd it with a Sharpie. I never ever thought someone would pay for that.....D'oh! Cool little product, wish I would have thought of it.

"Hope is not a strategy"

JM485 JM485
11/24/2020 12:28 PM
USA wrote:

hypermoto wrote:

Pretty awesome for you to ...more

USA wrote:

I have experience with 3d ...more

The issue is time, printing takes time not material cost.

People ask me why my cable guide sets cost $30 when they’re “just a piece of plastic”, here’s why. For each order I have to go in and edit the part to have whatever text the customer desires, possibly change some dimensions around if necessary. Then, as you know, it gets run through the slicing software and sent to the printer. From there, the print for a full cable guide set takes about 2 hours, I can go faster but print quality suffers. Now, once all the parts are done, I have to do a little bit of clean up and package them for shipment.

All said and done, I’ve probably spent about 20-30 min hands on time as well as two hours of print time to create the parts, plus another $3-$5 for shipping depending on sizing. That leaves me about $25 profit, of which a bit goes to my websites host site on a monthly basis and material costs. That’s also not taking into account all of the failed prints and learning curve it took getting a material and design dialed in, so that has to be considered as well because it’s very valuable.

People don’t think about what it takes to create even a basic part, and if mine weren’t somewhat of a passion project it wouldn’t even be worth the time. The fact that these kids have gotten something like this going and started out with a simple yet clever product is great, we should be encouraging everything they’re doing not undermining it.

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

Bruce372 Bruce372
11/24/2020 1:04 PM

I was about to hit buy, and then saw $12.99 shipping.

Looks like a great product, but not $30+ to my door

ktmdan ktmdan
11/24/2020 2:03 PM

Thought this thread would be about Bultaco bikes..

Gosh that’s a lot of money to check your chain. Maybe I should mass produce my homemade chain straightness checker dealy-whopper.

For chain height, just mill out a piece with the low end being the minimum chain height and the longer side be the max chain height. Before that I just used calipers.

ktmdan ktmdan
11/24/2020 2:07 PM
Photo
Photo
Photo
hypermoto hypermoto
11/24/2020 2:09 PM
ktmdan wrote:

Thought this thread would ...more

$18 for a tool you buy once is “a lot of money”?

I know 6 year olds who have enough tooth fairy money to not notice that purchase...

Rent free...

kkawboy14 kkawboy14
11/25/2020 4:17 AM

Just buy one! You guys spend $30 on 2 alcoholic drinks at “The Club” on a Friday night and that disappears the next morning. At least you will have this for awhile and everyone at the track will be impressed everytime you use it.

You didn’t even impress the chics for 5 minutes with those drinks

kkawboy14 kkawboy14
11/25/2020 4:18 AM
ktmdan wrote:

Hey Dan......sharpen your foot pegs! 😂

ktmdan ktmdan
11/25/2020 6:31 AM
kkawboy14 wrote:

Hey Dan......sharpen your ...more

They only have 24 hours on them sad

devotid devotid
11/25/2020 3:35 PM

Im hungry now...

kkawboy14 kkawboy14
11/25/2020 3:49 PM
ktmdan wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Hey Dan......sharpen your ...more

ktmdan wrote:

They only have 24 hours on ...more

Just messin with you, everybody knows your not factory if you don’t have sharpened pegs! 😂

motomad724 motomad724
11/25/2020 4:35 PM

Mike Spurgin who owns and operates Taco Moto Co out of Vegas is one top notch dude. I could give tons of examples of him helping folks out including me big time! But he does bleed orange for the most part LOL.

Sells cool stuff and does Baja tours among other things. Neat chain gadget too
Taco Moto Co

xrmark xrmark
11/25/2020 4:52 PM
kkawboy14 wrote:

Just buy one! You guys ...more

Spoken like someone who spent 30 bucks on two mojitos and the chick was not impressed.

btn
btn
1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry