TX Race Conversion Kit-CR

Stooperbike
2/11/2016 9:49am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2018 2:14pm
I know there is a long thread on this but I was looking to get some more recent feedback. I would like to purchase this for my 02 CR but I am a little hesitant. Now that's its been out a little while how has it stood up? How much have people been paying? Anyone feel like they been screwed in getting this/ disappointed? Any info is good.
Thanks for the feedback!
|
taelale
2/11/2016 10:31am
The kit is around $400 with shipping, as TX Race is out of Spain. I've only seen good things by people who've bought it, though I haven't seen an in depth review but I haven't seen anything bad so far. They are releasing a kit for the 00-02 CR's soon that I'm waiting for. They are the OEM plastics from the 14-16 plastics just modified slightly to fit.
threefiddyone
2/12/2016 6:28am
Ive had mine for a little over a year now. I was one of the first people in the US to buy it, it was $500 then, but apparently the price has dropped since. I have ridden the living crap out of my bike since I got it and I still love it. I have a slightly bent subframe so the install was aggravating, but ive talked to other people that had no issues with it. The seat that comes with the kit has a little plastic scoop that slides under the frame at the top of the airbox. Mine somehow broke during a 1.5 hour harescramble so I talked to the company. English isnt their first language so there is a slight language barrier in communication but they try their hardest to make sure your happy. Anyways they ended up sending me their redesigned seat for free AND paid for the shipping. They are a very helpful company and are proud of their work.

Getting the rad shrouds to slide perfectly into the airbox covers takes a little patience, and they may pop out on the first ride. When that happened, I loosened everything up and readjusted it and it hasnt budged since. They just have to settle.

The new seat that I have is pretty hard compared to the first seat that they sent. It got a little softer after it broke in but it never really bothered me. I talked with the company about it and they are working on getting it softer.

One thing I dont like about this kit is the piece of plastic (or whatever it is) that fits between the rear fender and the airbox directly above the back wheel. Its a little thin piece of material that you zip tie in to cover that little gap. Mines still in good condition but it just seems kinda cheap. You only notice it if you stick your head under the fender and look at it. You can see pics that I posted in the earlier thread that Kawi008 posted.

Your air filter will definitely get more dirty each ride, especially in sand or mud. The side number plates dont connect directly to the subframe like the stock ones do, so their is a gap in between the new side number plates and the subframe that allows roost from the back wheel to get sucked up in there. Its nothing detrimental, and doesnt really bother me since I change my air filter every ride anyways.

It also makes the bike feel skinnier from the seat to the rad shrouds. And you can slide up farther towards the tank, so i love that.

All in all Id definitely say its worth the money, especially since theyve dropped the price. Plus it looks sweet! And that makes you faster right? Heres some pics of mine.

Bobby Larkin
10/19/2017 11:59pm
So if I want to buy a different Decal set. Do I just type in 2016 Cr 250 graphic kits and they all will fit?

Bike looks great by the way.
3/22/2018 11:37am
So if I want to buy a different Decal set. Do I just type in 2016 Cr 250 graphic kits and they all will fit? Bike...
So if I want to buy a different Decal set. Do I just type in 2016 Cr 250 graphic kits and they all will fit?

Bike looks great by the way.
With the TX conversion kit, any graphics kit for the 2013-2015 CRF 450cc or 2014-2016 CRF 250R will fit. Those years of 250s and 450s have the same plastics

The Shop

braaap707
3/22/2018 11:56am
One thing I do like about the TX race kit on my friends 04 is their crf modified seat that gives it like 351 said a skinnier feel. But just so everyone knows the polisport restyle kit based off 17-18 CRF plastic just became available if anyone is wondering. Available through automatic distributors as well as a few other vendors.

Lastander
3/22/2018 12:19pm
braaap707 wrote:
One thing I do like about the TX race kit on my friends 04 is their crf modified seat that gives it like 351 said a...
One thing I do like about the TX race kit on my friends 04 is their crf modified seat that gives it like 351 said a skinnier feel. But just so everyone knows the polisport restyle kit based off 17-18 CRF plastic just became available if anyone is wondering. Available through automatic distributors as well as a few other vendors.

That looks hideous, why would anyone want to change one of the greatest looking bikes of all time? I get the front fender sometimes, but ugh am i tired of the TX kits

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/22/2018 12:24pm
braaap707 wrote:
One thing I do like about the TX race kit on my friends 04 is their crf modified seat that gives it like 351 said a...

Lastander wrote:
That looks hideous, why would anyone want to change one of the greatest looking bikes of all time? I get the front fender sometimes, but ugh...
That looks hideous, why would anyone want to change one of the greatest looking bikes of all time? I get the front fender sometimes, but ugh am i tired of the TX kits

I agree. The conversion kit looks hideous in my opinion. I much prefer the stock look.

That said the conversion kit for the KX's look good.
braaap707
3/22/2018 12:26pm
Lastander wrote:
That looks hideous, why would anyone want to change one of the greatest looking bikes of all time? I get the front fender sometimes, but ugh...

I totally agree. My 03 I had a few years ago I went with the throttle jockey route with 04+ front fender and cycra number plate. I love the lines on the 02+ cr's and wouldn't change it. Just think it's a easier route to update the look of these old smokers then the TX route due to cost and labor of installing it.

Flip109
3/22/2018 12:30pm
That TX kit looks great
mx621
3/22/2018 1:15pm
Lastander wrote:

Im with you
3/22/2018 1:23pm
Lastander wrote:

mx621 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/22/251309/s1200_BA7CF152_9202_48A4_BFBD_2DF2D3EC1962.jpg[/img] Im with you

Im with you
What year Front fender is that?
MotoSeat
3/22/2018 1:41pm
We offer seat covers for the conversion seat as well!!

bestmx
3/24/2018 1:54pm
Yeah, the TX kit was always ugly!

Of all my bikes, I can't believe how skinny my Cr 250 is. Why ruin the feel and look of a bike, to make it look like an outdated 4 stroke? - just my opinion.

I opted to run the 2017 Crf front fender and cycra stadium plate for a tasteful face lift:

3/24/2018 2:14pm
Here is our 2002 cr125 with the tx race kit before we added backgrounds and radiator brace's. Fits a little honky and you have to play with the brackets to make the plastics align. Gets a lot of looks at the track!!

Post a reply to: TX Race Conversion Kit-CR

The Latest