TWMX James interview

indy_maico
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 11:52pm
Got the latest TWMX in the mailbox Saturday.

I thought it was funny that when they asked James about the biggest difference with the Yamaha, and he replied something like 'it turns so much better'

Every magazine test of the YZ450 tells you that it turns horribly, and that is its weakest point (apart from the stupid power-killing muffler)

But then again, I guess there isn't a magazine tester alive who rides like James.
|
2/16/2009 5:52am
indy_maico wrote:
Got the latest TWMX in the mailbox Saturday. I thought it was funny that when they asked James about the biggest difference with the Yamaha, and...

I thought it was funny that when they asked James about the biggest difference with the Yamaha, and he replied something like 'it turns so much better'

Every magazine test of the YZ450 tells you that it turns horribly, and that is its weakest point (apart from the stupid power-killing muffler)

But then again, I guess there isn't a magazine tester alive who rides like James.
a couple days ago the ass monkeys on here voted that the mag's are sell outs, biased and untrustworthy anyways..............
R-acer
2/16/2009 6:58am
Well he hasn't washed out the front end of the Yamaha yet...and thats something he used to do all the time on the Kawasaki. So maybe the Yamaha turns better for HIS riding style. There is no question that he is comfortable on the bike.... he is getting faster and faster every passing round.
AMA714
2/16/2009 7:01am
Its also a great way to mess with people who read magazine to find out how a bike works.... I prefer to ride them...lol
jmar
2/16/2009 7:27am
indy_maico wrote:
Got the latest TWMX in the mailbox Saturday. I thought it was funny that when they asked James about the biggest difference with the Yamaha, and...

James is just doing his job promoting the bike and having a little fun with people that believe everything they read.

The kid has some personality.

The Shop

dennisjonon
2/16/2009 9:14am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:31pm
When I lived with the son of Mike Kranyak (the M of L&M), I would always hear about different triple clamps being made in-house to help it turn.
neysbo
2/16/2009 9:58am
Did you see in the new issue of Transoworld where they do the 5 Questions with James and the chick - Beauty vs the Best.

They ask what causes Arm Pump - James replies "Chocking the Chicken" .then laughs

indy_maico
2/16/2009 10:25am
When I lived with the son of Mike Kranyak (the M of L&M), I would always hear about different triple clamps being made in-house to help...
When I lived with the son of Mike Kranyak (the M of L&M), I would always hear about different triple clamps being made in-house to help it turn.
MXA tested just about every variation of offset and said that nothing really helped it turn.

Awhile back they spent a zillion dollars to modify a YZ450 with a cut frame, triple clamps, lowered radiators, different shock link, etc etc and said that it got better but that there was still some mid-out push.

Anyway, my Maico Magnum turns inside anything, so why should I care?
Sideways
Farva
2/16/2009 10:45am
Who here has been on a factory Yamaha?

MY bet, the factory bikes are different than the OEM ones.

Post a reply to: TWMX James interview

The Latest